Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

+22
Catt24
kac
Coolbeans3131
emilynna
M&M
Vir Cotto
arina
ColferInspired
sahhar
dap1217
Delight
brisallie
CloveGlee
mellama
ColferGirl
Struck by Lightning
Ireth
tanita_mors
fantastica
Glorfindel
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
26 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 8:07 pm

welcome Erin!!! I am so happy all those regulars are here. the power of freedom of speech!

I re-edit a post all the time, usually for typos etc. the edit indicators don't always show up though - even after multiple edits. weird. I have to ask Shinra about this.

hte good thing about showing if a post has been redited is that people can go back and re-read it again, but there's no need to show how many times it's been edited. is there any to adjust this Shinra?

Last edited by fantastica on 2/21/2012, 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  Struck by Lightning 2/21/2012, 8:12 pm

His fans my think he is the best thing since sliced bread, but I can barely recall a review where his acting got some special praise. It's either his singing, his presence, the fact that they swoon when they see him and that he is a dream guy or what not.He has charisma and stage presence, but that unfortunately for him doesn't equal great acting skill. A lot of famous singers have that and they are just as louse actors as he is.

And obviously some people are pretty resentful about that trend. 'majorgleek!' on GF just posted that opinion I was talking about before in Chris's old Emmy thread, though luckily it was removed.

IDK how someone can get so entitled, it's bad enough when Cory's or Naya's fans drag Chris or Lea into their ranting about their favorite not getting enough attention, but this is on a whole different leval.

But AE will praise Heather and Darren just as much as Max, Naya, or even Chris. It's pretty silly.

ETA: Actually now I'm pretty sure the person on the Emmy thread was GA, ugh.

Last edited by Struck by Lightning on 2/22/2012, 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/21/2012, 8:14 pm

The only message AfterElton is sending is that they like his singing and think he is dreamy. Basically it's the ultimate fantasy to have a seemingly straight guy, and every guy there is fantasizing to either fuck DC or get fucked by him. They are thinking with their dicks and their ears and see only what they want to see. I guess Chris/Kurt isn't butch and classically handsome enough for them. He doesn't flash his abs every chance he gets and vexes poetic about the beauty of Klaine. The fact is DC is just full of shit when talking about Klaine. The prefect example of this straight guy worship are Out, Advocate, Gay Times magazines who only put hot straight guys on the cover. You'd think that a guy who is actually gay and has such a huge impact would be one cover of those magazines (and if Chris was offered and refused, when I guess he knows what he is doing). But no, it's all strictly eye candy.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 4 Empty Blarren

Post  Guest 2/21/2012, 8:27 pm

Well, if the rumors about Darren and Ryan have any bit of truth to them, I guess the gay guys think there is a chance so he is gay magazine cover material!! The rumors I have read said he has no trouble going either way, and frankly I can see that. He has no trouble flirting with either sex. If you saw him on the red carpet at the 3D Glee movie with Perez Hilton, it is no wonder Perez went gaga, or why men love him as much as women (ourselves excepted Razz )

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/21/2012, 8:27 pm

^(Ivana's post) I know, I'm gay and I can fantasize over straight men but I really read an article on AE (written by a woman though, I think) where the reviewer wrote DC was so good, he tends to push the other cast members out of the screen (sth like that) and she was referring to his acting/singing/dancing Laughing . At that time, there was only one comment for the article, the commenter agreed for the singing/dancing part but objected for the acting. The comment got 100% of thumb down lol.

@Kim: there's nothing to do about the edit message (and this edit message only appears if there is already another post after the one you're trying to edit)
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/21/2012, 8:30 pm

ColferGirl wrote:
(My only fear about the new forum is that it reveals how many times I edit a post, and so you will all find out I edit quite a lot...mainly for grammar or spelling mistakes blushh )
Don't worry, I downright forgot a word in your welcoming post, now there's a superb edit message line to admire lol
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 8:42 pm

Struck by Lightning wrote:But AE will praise Heather and Darren just as much as Max, Naya, or even Chris. It's pretty silly.
You may have noticed that hte majority of photos on that site is half naked (if not fully-naked-but-cropped) "hot" men. In the beginning I feel like looking at a gay magazine, then I realize it IS an online gay community. so there you have it.

It's totally understandable that when you love someone SOOOO much your judgment is clouded. Just think about some of the guys we used to date (maybe not a good analogy but you know what I mean). I don't worry about people loving DC, just as I dont' worry about people loving another movie star. I only get angry when he is playing opposite of Chris and he's getting all the songs and Kurt is left crying his butt off. The inbalance is not good for either characters. It makes Kurt look whiny, and destroy the dynamics between this couple, plus we do'nt get any more chris solos!!!!!

Last edited by fantastica on 2/21/2012, 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 4 Empty editing

Post  Guest 2/21/2012, 8:43 pm

I, like Jellyrolls (Greatest Writer In The Universe), NEVER need to edit my posts because they are perfect in every way (rather like Blarren). I am so perfect, my mistakes are never noticed (and if they are and u comment on them, I have connections to Jellyrolls who can ban you)

SHINRA - CAN WE BE FRIENDS?? (I have a feeling Jellyrolls may drop me!!)

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 2/21/2012, 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Carousel is a piece of work, I tell ya. ;))

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/21/2012, 8:47 pm

^ Sure! Now, I have a strong feeling that Jellyrolls will drop you! Smile
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 2/21/2012, 8:54 pm

In AE I think there's a sense that you can't criticise someone's acting when they're 'brave' enough to play a gay character. IDK if it just applies to straight actors because they've been pretty positive about Chris's acting (if not always of Kurt), but there's a genuine acting reason why they would be and tangible awards nominations in that case.

But I also think when people when people talk about DC's acting/singing/dancing together, they're mainly talking about the 'performance' of his songs, or his 'charisma', and IMO, his looks/their attraction to some extent. (I see no charisma where I don't see acting ability, but that's just me).

Last edited by Struck by Lightning on 2/21/2012, 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/21/2012, 8:57 pm

Struck by Lightning wrote:
Ironically I'd say Jenna and Darren are probably the worst at dramatic scenes of the entire cast (Damian and Heather are pretty bad in general because they're so hard to understand). That said, I get the outrage for Tina/Jenna; I don't want her to be a main character but as a fan (of her voice) I think RIB should let her do something. With Blaine I'm really confused as to why everyone complains about him not getting enough to do. I feel like he has as many scenes as anyone who isn't Chris/Lea/Naya/Cory especially if you count the ones where he's singing. But I guess some people think he should be as central as them, which just annoys me TBH. After Michael I really don't think his acting ability is debatable, so why should he be a main character?

Honestly, I wouldn't mind Darren on the show if he was used like Jenna, or even like Amber. Let him sing every few episodes, through him a storyline once in a while, and let him support the leads. But because he has been a hit with a certain amount of his fandom for his flirty and charasmatic one note performance, he gets top billing. He gets plenty of screentime, but it's just used for singing because that's what he does best.

I think the thing the infuriates me the most of Blaine/Darren is that Chris is stuck at the hip to him, and that has held Chris back on the show. It frustrates me that we don't get to see Kurt have a more realistic relationship with conflict because he is stuck in a relationship with a character portrayed by an actor who can't do the emotional stuff.

And I'll never forgive RIB for shipping their best actor off to another school and underutilizing him for a third of the season last year. I missed his presence with the rest of the cast so much--I can remember telling everyone I know who watched the show that they needed to get back in the ND. The best thing about Kurt being away from Dalton is that we got AIWNSG in return, which I am grateful to Chris for suggesting. As I said to Chris at the NYer festival, it was perfect not just for Kurt's return to the McKinley, but also Chris' return to Paramount.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/21/2012, 9:05 pm

Shinra17 wrote:^ Sure! Now, I have a strong feeling that Jellyrolls will drop you! Smile

Thank you, Oh Greatest Forum Developer In The Universe!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/21/2012, 9:07 pm

tanita_mors wrote:Damien is like a super botoxed actress (sadly like Nicole Kidman theis days :( ). His facial muscles barely move and when they do it's either to talk, smile or look confused. He does better when he isn't talking, because his reading is disastrous. (I had hoped that he was getting better at the beginning of Heart, but then came his monologue before Home and he just reverted to his old bad acting). He also suffers from the same problem Heather has, he mumbles when he talks. On top of that he has the heavy Irish accent and at times he is unintelligibly. All this sums up to a very bad performance.

Hey, Damian isn't totally botoxed. His eyebrows move pretty well. Wink

I think Damian is sweet and adorable (from watching him on the Glee project). I don't really mind him on the show because he isn't thrown in our face week after week. They just throw him a bone every now and again. If they start throwing him in our face like DC, I will probably start to dislike him. But I do like Damian's singing voice, and he seems like he's a nice, down-to-earth young man. I really like his personality as I have seen it on the GP and through his tweets.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/21/2012, 9:19 pm

The edit thing is one of the unfortunate things about this site that we're just all going to have to deal with. Honestly, I think within a few days, we'll all just start ignoring that when we see it. We're all going to edit things from time to time.

Another board I used to be on had an edit thing that couldn't be turned off, and everyone just started typing in silly things when they edited their posts, so that might be kind of a fun thing to do since we are stuck with it. We can use the edit for random comments to amuse everyone.

So, the edit thing, we'll have to deal with but remember, all of the features that everyone seems to like and the fact that we won't have to deal with the drama here. Who cares how many times someone edits a post? We have a happy place to play now! Smile
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 4 Empty edit thing

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 9:24 pm

i can live w the edit thing. I don't notice them at all and even when I see them I just mostly ignore them. it's definitely not a deal breaker. (fyi, i intially typed a deal "maker" and then realized what a silly typo I made - w/o the edit function i will be in a lot of trouble!)

btw, this software is an open-source project so we should submit comments on that so that the ability to turn off the edit indicator can be turned off in future updates.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/21/2012, 9:35 pm

Struck by Lightning wrote:In AE I think there's a sense that you can't criticise someone's acting when they're 'brave' enough to play a gay character. IDK if it just applies to straight actors because they've been pretty positive about Chris's acting (if not always of Kurt), but there's a genuine acting reason why they would be and tangible awards nominations in that case.

But I also think when people when people talk about DC's acting/singing/dancing together, they're mainly talking about the 'performance' of his songs, or his 'charisma', and IMO, his looks/their attraction to some extent. (I see no charisma where I don't see acting ability, but that's just me).
I'm sure there's something like that going on, and not only with AE (There's another LBGT group - the Dorian awards- who gave DC an award for his role on Glee) but IMO it's stupid. As an actor, it's much more interesting to play a character far from what we are in RL that a character close to us. Beside, it would be brave if the role in question would be potentially compromising for the actor's career and with DC playing the gay character like a womanizer, there's zero risk.
The thing is the LBGT community tends to interpret the role as a LBGT-friendly act, which again is not necessarily the case. Actors, in their most majority, take jobs they can find and don't have the luxury to be picky about it.

As for the good opinion critics and award organisations in general tend to have for straight actors playing gay character, it's because it's supposed to be a challenging role, it's also the case for the roles implying mental disorder, they're often seen as bait for awards. No way DC is concerned, btw.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 9:52 pm

^ i don't know if I should laugh or lament over that "mental" thing you mentioned. true many gay characters are victims or in deep trouble. well, here on glee we have karofsky, and kurt is partially that too because of the bullying. they are more juicy roles. blaine can never be that kind of character. he's too "perfect", too confident and self-assured. what trouble can he have? well maybe they will invent some in the next episode, so we will see.

in 10 minutes guys! 10 minutes to karofsky trying to kill himself! yippe! (why am I so evil?) suure
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mellama 2/21/2012, 10:10 pm

I'm so happy to have a thread where we can freely express our frustrations and criticisms. hiphopa I wasn't willing to air my criticisms of the Kurt SL in other threads where it could be used as ammunition against Kurt. I think here I'll just be able to say what I want to say and not worry about it. banzai

ETA: How can I not be a llama? Look at my username and avatar tonguue
mellama
mellama
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 2/21/2012, 11:11 pm

HI! I'M CLAIRE1 I'M HERE! BLAINE IS A POOPYHEAD AND HIS MOMMY DRESSES HIM FUNNY!

Sorry. Just had to get that out of my system. Please do not give me an Unofficial Warning. tonguue

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/21/2012, 11:20 pm

CloveGlee wrote:HI! I'M CLAIRE1 I'M HERE! BLAINE IS A POOPYHEAD AND HIS MOMMY DRESSES HIM FUNNY!

Sorry. Just had to get that out of my system. Please do not give me an Unofficial Warning. tonguue

Great first post, Claire! No warnings here, and hopefully you won't have to be so diplomatic around here.

And if Blaine fans come here and complain about you calling Blaine a poopyhead whose mommy dresses him funny, their complaints will fall on deaf ears around here.

Welcome, though! I'm glad you're here, Claire!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/21/2012, 11:25 pm

CloveGlee wrote:HI! I'M CLAIRE1 I'M HERE! BLAINE IS A POOPYHEAD AND HIS MOMMY DRESSES HIM FUNNY!

OH MY GOD!! You dare to criticize our perfect Blarren? I'm sure that must mean instant punishment! You get a week with him singing to you non-stop making his derpy faces!

banzai banzai banzai

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/21/2012, 11:42 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:

Great first post, Claire! No warnings here, and hopefully you won't have to be so diplomatic around here.

And if Blaine fans come here and complain about you calling Blaine a poopyhead whose mommy dresses him funny, their complaints will fall on deaf ears around here.

Welcome, though! I'm glad you're here, Claire!
Actually, their complaints would backfire right away Laughing .
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 11:42 pm

Hi Claire!!!! helloooooo! welcome to our party!

hola

btw just to stick to our policy to leave the nasty comments here instead of other threads: about tonight's episodes, blaine's constipation is getting worse! I am glad his scene is mostly not seen but gosh, I can tolerate listening to his emotional songs but definteily NOT watching him perform that stuff. eewwww! vomit2
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 11:45 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
Actually, their complaints would backfire right away Laughing .
this is OUR turf!!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 2/22/2012, 12:01 am

Shinra17 wrote:
Ireth wrote:I guess that's one "flaw" they've decided Blaine can have. And it's here to stay. dryy
being darren? moque
Haha, no. Showboating and flirting with girls actually. Though those are rather Darrenish qualities. Blarren is a nice term.

As for Blaine's fans complaining, I don't think they'll actually have the nerve to do so here.

Yay Claire's here, hi! baibai

Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next