Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

+22
Catt24
kac
Coolbeans3131
emilynna
M&M
Vir Cotto
arina
ColferInspired
sahhar
dap1217
Delight
brisallie
CloveGlee
mellama
ColferGirl
Struck by Lightning
Ireth
tanita_mors
fantastica
Glorfindel
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
26 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  tanita_mors 2/21/2012, 4:41 pm

His preparation is very shallow and portrayal without any depth. He is on point ,if it can be even called that, only when the camera is fixed on him and when he delivered lines. Someone said that his acting is basically not Blaine, but Darren Criss reading lines as Blaine. When he is in the background or in performance peace he isn't doing what his character Blaine would be doing naturally, he is doing what Darren Criss would be doing naturally. And you can see it from how his fans say "that is so Darren" and the point is, it shouldn't be. When you look at Chris, Jane, Cory, Lea, I never or almost never see them as people but only their characters. They make me believe them.

One of Serbia's greatest actors died recently and he was a very beloved teacher on our academy of dramatic arts. He had this phrase that every student and fellow actor knew him by. When he isn't convinced or you aren't believable in your performance he would say "You are lying to me and I don't believe you". Well, in that regard, Darren is one of the biggest liars in this cast.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 4:55 pm

since all of us are from GF I am not going to repost Claire's twitter campaign post here. let me just rent a bit. I lurk at Kurt/Dave thread from time to time. Last night Claire went there to tell them about the twitter campaign. the reception was basically "we don't give a fuck". I then realized that most people are foremost max fans w/ a few equal max/chris fans. while I understand most folks there genuinely don't care about other characters (just like most of us don't care about twittering for to let Tina sing more) it's still upset me somehow. I wish she never went in there, or the guys there just never responded her at all. I do applaud Claire for being brave enough to venture there for a good cause. Apparently max fans are more interested in hearing max sing than anything else. To them we Kurtsies are being too entitlled.

that being said, I am not really complaining about these fans. they are no more "obnoxious" than we are to them probably. but still, my aching kurtsie heart... crycry
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 2/21/2012, 5:04 pm

^Yeah, the Kurtofsky fans on GF don't even tend to try to say they like both characters equally, with only one or two exceptions.

I don't think it would be a natural development at all to have Karofsky sing a lot or be the star of Glee club, but his fans tend to forget he was introduced as the ultimate jock and bully.

don't forget Jenna also has an acting degree. Neither Cory (who just formally graduated high school last year. ), Lea or Chris has one. I am not saying people w acting degrees are generally bad actors, because a few people cannot represent the whole industry. Schools usually teach methods and theories. It's not necessarily the most efficient way to learn a trade. chris said he never took acting lessons, but he studied by watching good actors act. He has a very good ability to imitate, which is the first step in learning. He also apparently is a natrual at acting - he said he learned to shed tears to manipulate his parents when he was young. I think his passion for acting plus natural talent plus self-learning plus years of practices on stage and now on screen contributed to his acting abilities. Didn't Darren say he spent a lot of his college years partying? I can totally see that!
Ironically I'd say Jenna and Darren are probably the worst at dramatic scenes of the entire cast (Damian and Heather are pretty bad in general because they're so hard to understand). That said, I get the outrage for Tina/Jenna; I don't want her to be a main character but as a fan (of her voice) I think RIB should let her do something. With Blaine I'm really confused as to why everyone complains about him not getting enough to do. I feel like he has as many scenes as anyone who isn't Chris/Lea/Naya/Cory especially if you count the ones where he's singing. But I guess some people think he should be as central as them, which just annoys me TBH. After Michael I really don't think his acting ability is debatable, so why should he be a main character?

I'm wondering about next year. Lindsay Pearce just said definitively on Facebook that she won't be coming back to Glee, so unless they're actually interested in girls this time around in TGP we might suffer through an entire season of boyband!ND (like most of sectionals this year) just singing pop songs for no reason. As for the seniors, I bet most of them other than Chris/Lea/Naya/Cory will stop being series regulars; the absence of a tour this year might very well hint a clean break in the cast. Either they're in Lima or NY, IDK at this point, but a clear picture of what they will do is starting to appear from what we've seen this season; the pop songs, because they're veering away from Broadway to make the show more money, will go to the Glee club, but the writers will give big SLs (not necessarily good ones) to the big four, because those are really the ones they feel like writing for most of the time.

Anyways, I'm just hoping this mess gets cancelled at the end of S4 after Chris's book and movie are out and he's branched out from Glee. After the news about the play (8) I bet Chris could get on another good show, and this one's no good anymore.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 5:20 pm

Hay Welcome SBL! Glad to see you join our little club here! koukou

I am already sick and tired of glee. only chris and his singing (if any) is keeping me watching and buying songs. I noticed when I looked back at GF couple of years ago a lot of old time posters are no longer around. many people are sick of this show and there are better ones on the screen to compete for our attention.

I feel disapointed that Linsey is not coming back. It's good that she has something better planned for her. I hope they get more good quality newbies next season especially in the acting department. It will be really hard to deal w/ Tina, Blaine and Rory etc. given major storylines week after week. Just imagine the cringe i will be getting is cringey enough.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/21/2012, 5:54 pm

fantastica wrote:
that being said, I am not really complaining about these fans. they are no more "obnoxious" than we are to them probably. but still, my aching kurtsie heart... crycry
Personally, I do. It's the main issue I have with GF. Their thread is called Kurt/Dave Appreciation Thread and when I went there, I read something like the 5 last pages. They were all about Karofsky. Why don't they post in a Karofsky AT or rename their thread. And among the regulars of this thread, there was a mod Shocked . So, the real kurtofsky (do they exist, btw?) have to go elsewhere? It's completely absurd.

Struck by Lightning wrote:
Ironically I'd say Jenna and Darren are probably the worst at dramatic scenes of the entire cast...
Lol, I learnt about Jenna and Darren having a degree in acting on GF and it was exactly my thought on the moment, but I didn't dare to express it. I'm sure I would have been labeled "hater" Rolling Eyes

Struck by Lightning wrote:With Blaine I'm really confused as to why everyone complains about him not getting enough to do.
Fans are never satisfied and I think, in the case of Blaine, that they cling on to it as an excuse for his lack of relief. He has had much more material to work with, from the beginning until now, than a lot of characters. But the writers are not blind and they are not completely stupid either, they won't continue to write for someone if their writing is ruined by the weakness of that person. The perception of their work by the GA is carried by the actors, be sure they give it a lot of attention. That's why the discussion about it on GF right now (or at least, yesterday/this morning) is a bit pointless if, as usual, it is not allowed to mention the acting of the actors.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/21/2012, 6:00 pm

Jenna is not a good actress. She's a decent singer, but TBH, so is Darren. But neither of them moves me emotionally. Not Darren, but not Jenna either.
I don't want Tina to get more to do in Glee. Maybe a little bit more, but nothing major. She doesn't bring much to the table. And as a background character she has a good function now.

The problem with Darren is that he's getting too much praise, screentime and songs in connection to his talent. That is what's jarring, not so much that he's not a good actor and is only a mediocre singer. Cory and Mark are mediocre singers too, but Mark doesn't get much to do (so it's alright) and Cory can act very well, plus convey emotions in his songs.

Heather has the same problem: she's a terrible actress, except for her one-liners, and she's not a good singer. It starts jarring as soon as there is too much of her.
Right now Damian (Rory) is nice in the background. He's not a good actor, but he's cute and he's got a nice enough voice. Perfect background material. If they would push him to the foreground we'd get sick of him very quickly.
I'm getting sick of Samcedes, because Amber is not a good actress, Chord only average, and these 2 sing too much now.

So it all depends on acting and singing skills in what doses we can tolerate a character. If the acting and/or the singing is good: they get more leeway then when the acting/singing is bad.

That's why we love Chris, Lea and Cory so much.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 6:08 pm

^ THIS Marie you have so much wisdom! rooots

Shinra17 wrote:there was a mod Shocked . So, the real kurtofsky (do they exist, btw?) have to go elsewhere? It's completely absurd.
I believe ALL the real karofsky fans are in that shipping thread. only a few true shipper there. However even the purest of the K fans want romance w/ Kurt, only because it means more screen time for their actor. If there's a spoiler/rumor that they intend to pair up Karofsky w/ Blaine or another majur character romantically, they will sure "love" blaine as much as they "love" Kurt now. Right now Dave's only connection is through Kurt, and thanks to Chris (and the writers) his scenes w/ Kurt are always powerful and memorable (even if it means bad memories). otherwise they would not ship kurt/dave at all.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/21/2012, 6:19 pm

fantastica wrote:
I believe ALL the real karofsky fans are in that shipping thread.
That's because Karofsky right now only excists through Kurt. He used to be a bully of other characters too, but now he's only in Glee when he interacts with Kurt.

Karofsky fans cling on to Kurtofsky because that is the only lifeline they have for Karofsky on Glee. If Kurt refuses Karofsky or doesn't become his friend: Karofsky is off Glee. Simple as that.

The same used to be for Blaine. His only validation for excisting and staying on Glee was being Kurt's mentor and later boyfriend. The Darren fans are still terrified that once Klaine breaks up, Blaine will cease to excist on Glee. That's why they want storylines and character development: to give Blaine some other validation to be on Glee, so he still will be there when Kurt moves to New York.
And I believe that's why so many supposedly Klaine fans look down on Kurt and Chris: they know in their heart that Chris is the better actor and that Kurt always will have validation and a place on Glee.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 6:28 pm

^ I remember back when DC called himself a Klainer. now he's just as eager to break this couple up because they sure are boring as hell.

I am willing to wait til ep 15 to say more about DC's acting. I admit I am not impressed by him so far but willing to withhold further comments until we can see him in more "meaty" scenes. I assume the whole family business and flashbacks are not just to give him the opportunity to sing duran-duran songs. Even though I care about blaine development as much as I care about Tina or Rory development, I am a bit curious as to how he will handle hte materials.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 2/21/2012, 6:32 pm

Lots of people on p_f seem to ship Kurtofsky right now, but of course they mainly care about Kurt, and don't hide it with a shipper name. It's kind of a relief to me that most people just ship it to give one or another of the actors good/more material TBH...

I don't want Tina to get more to do in Glee. Maybe a little bit more, but nothing major. She doesn't bring much to the table. And as a background character she has a good function now.
I don't really want her to do more in the context of the show; I only want that for Chris and Lea, or Naya and Cory when their scenes/SLs are with Chris and Lea. That's why I wanted a spin-off.

But I do think the extent to which RIB sideline Jenna compared to everyone else; including fellow bad actors like Darren, Heather and Damian, is pretty unfair. I don't like at all that they kept her/Kevin juniors to fill the choir room. It won't help their screentime or Chris/Lea's at all, it's just exploitive.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 6:48 pm

RM has his favorites. he's not afraid to show it. Everybody can see that Linsey (and some other girls on that show who were let go earlier) were a lot better than the final winnres, but RM obviously wanted boys, cute boys especially. Next they should invite hte Jonas brothers...

As we all see hte popularity of a celebrity sometimes has little to do w/ his or her actual talent. Paris Hilton was on the front page for years, and what talents, if any, does she actually have? Here jenna has few fans while DC has a lot, and that's big enough reason to give him more songs and screentime than Jenna. I am not even talking about hte way RM looks at DC and touches his face... dryy
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/21/2012, 7:06 pm

fantastica wrote:However even the purest of the K fans want romance w/ Kurt, only because it means more screen time for their actor.
I always thought it was the case for most shippers whose ship include a secondary character but for me, they shouldn't be called shippers. It's not like they love one part of the ship more than the other, they don't care at all about half of the ship, they're pure stans of one character. If karofsky has the opportunity to stay on Glee thanks to a job in Burt's garage, they will begin to ship Dave and the garage or Dave and the cars. It would be funny btw.

Glorfindel wrote:The Darren fans are still terrified that once Klaine breaks up, Blaine will cease to excist on Glee.
It's sad they don't realize that the break-up of klaine is precisely the thing that may give more opportunity to blaine to exist as a character. Or they already know DC is not strong enough to make blaine exist without the help of Chris's acting moque .
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 2/21/2012, 7:15 pm

LOL I just saw some posting on GF (really beginning to hate that place) by a few KHAT lurkers that while Chris is a good actor they don't think anyone can surpass Darren at making 'heart eyes' or something like that. The fact that they think that's a legitimate acting choice for 95% of a character's scenes is disturbing in itself.

To me during Blackbird, Blaine just seemed confused. Like the camera kept on him, practically begging him to do something and his expression didn't really change much, maybe he grimaced a little.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 3 Empty acting

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 7:22 pm

I think they should let hte strong actors have scenes w/ strong actors only. the result would be good (unless the writing is atrocious). they should also pair up bad actors w/ bad actors, because then you may not notice how many they are - they will be comparible to each other, and in the worst case scenerio, you just go take a bathroom break. Pairing good actor w/ bad one just make the bad ones appear more noticeable.

for example: Amber being w/ Chord is a lot more tolerable than Amber in an emotional scene w/ Chris (both s1 and s2). Rory is better w/ Brittany where both looks like cute dummies than Rory w/ Finn where he looked really creepy.

It maybe unfair to criticize Damian because he's very new, but he's got a loooooong way to go before he appears to be seen natural on the screen. I mean, he's so wooden - I am not talking about a character who is supposed to be wooden or awkard, but he really has trouble making believably natural expressions, aside from a few quick reactions shots in teh choir room. Everything just scream "acting" to me. maybe he will get better in 10 yrs. DC is a lot better than Damian, but consider he's a theater kid all his life, plus an acting degree, it's really no excuse either.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/21/2012, 7:25 pm

The most funny thing I have read was in a discussion post after the airing of NBK on Gleeclub (dead now), some of his fans thought he "outshines" Chris in acting, in that episode!!! Laughing
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 7:32 pm

Struck by Lightning wrote:LOL I just saw some posting on GF (really beginning to hate that place) by a few KHAT lurkers that while Chris is a good actor they don't think anyone can surpass Darren at making 'heart eyes' or something like that. The fact that they think that's a legitimate acting choice for 95% of a character's scenes is disturbing in itself.

To me during Blackbird, Blaine just seemed confused. Like the camera kept on him, practically begging him to do something and his expression didn't really change much, maybe he grimaced a little.

I think DC's blackbird look which is same as his DCFMA look (w/o the initial "doubt" part) is actually not bad. they are pretty - and they make him look pretty too, which is why his fans are all having orgasmic explosions. remembers that fans are not always rational. DC's got some really crazy fans, and many of them are also too young to know much.

tbh, DC's best moments are heart eyes, music performances (minus his signature constipated look and hold-the-pee leg squeezing - that's to me, not to his fans of course), happy moments, goofying around. he's also very good at showing confidence. pretty much everything that describes DC himself, that's why many of us think he's playing himself more than another character. Although his heart eyes are legendary and heart melting for his fans (because they are imagining him doing that to THEM), as soon as the camera is not focos on their coupling interactions, he acts like a typical womanizer. He may act "gayish" a lot of times, but I can never believe him as gay who likes boys. he seems to be the type of "gay" who only likes girls. does that make sense?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/21/2012, 7:36 pm

Damien is like a super botoxed actress (sadly like Nicole Kidman theis days :( ). His facial muscles barely move and when they do it's either to talk, smile or look confused. He does better when he isn't talking, because his reading is disastrous. (I had hoped that he was getting better at the beginning of Heart, but then came his monologue before Home and he just reverted to his old bad acting). He also suffers from the same problem Heather has, he mumbles when he talks. On top of that he has the heavy Irish accent and at times he is unintelligibly. All this sums up to a very bad performance.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 7:38 pm

Shinra17 wrote:The most funny thing I have read was in a discussion post after the airing of NBK on Gleeclub (dead now), some of his fans thought he "outshines" Chris in acting, in that episode!!! Laughing
I have heard fans calling him the best actor in the world. I really don't care what those fans say. the entire entertainment industry, the entire SAG community, the entire award giving organizations, even the entire glee fandom are not all darren fans, so they will form relatively unbiased opinions about his acting.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/21/2012, 7:39 pm

Darren does goofy and confident well, probably it has a lot to do with himself. That's why the initial Blaine, the mentor, felt the realest and most natural to me. Now, unless he is making love with his eyes or singing, all his acting is forced and unnatural. It's ether "Look at me trying to act", or "I'm not on camera, I'll just be me"
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/21/2012, 7:43 pm

His fans my think he is the best thing since sliced bread, but I can barely recall a review where his acting got some special praise. It's either his singing, his presence, the fact that they swoon when they see him and that he is a dream guy or what not.He has charisma and stage presence, but that unfortunately for him doesn't equal great acting skill. A lot of famous singers have that and they are just as louse actors as he is.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/21/2012, 7:54 pm

Boston Herald:

After tonight’s episode. Fox’s “Glee” is taking a “winter break” and will be off the schedule until April.

Taking a show off in the middle of February sweeps is not a vote of confidence. Fox is going to take a stab at building a sitcom bloc of shows, perhaps recognizing “Glee’s” day is nearly over. The show has yet to be renewed for fall.

The warning signs came over the summer. The 3-D film bombed. Creator Ryan Murphy first outraged and then confused fans with conflicting reports about the future of the show’s biggest stars. Cory Monteith, Lea Michele and Chris Colfer would be graduating and leaving the show. They would be starring in a spinoff. Then the spinoff was quickly off the table. Right now, they’re graduating and still sticking around on the show. How will that work? Will they become Breadstix employees? No one knows.

Last week, the “Glee” summer tour was canceled. Another ominous sign.

To its credit, “Glee” tried to recapture some of its first season story continuity this season, but that quickly fell apart. Sue, pregnant? Really? Does anyone want this story?

Tonight’s episode, according to multiple spoilers, is a heartbreaker. Rumors are buzzing that the show might even kill off closeted jock Dave Karofsky (Max Adler) in some sort of car accident, which would be a shame since Adler is about the only actor right now able to convey any sense of teenage longing and frustration on the show. He’s also the only actor being given something meaty to sink his teeth into. Blaine (Darren Criss), for example, nearly lost an eye due to a slushie attack from evil Sebastian (Grant Gustin) but seems perfectly fine with it.

Why are there so many couples on this show? These are teenagers (well, in theory - granted, many in the cast are pushing 30), and teenagers don’t mate for life. First thing to do: Break up everyone - Finchel, Klaine and Brittana, too. If “Glee” is going to regain any of its former glory, it has to give its viewers a reason to care - and that means lowering the volume of the music for some old-fashioned drama.

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 3 Empty acting

Post  fantastica 2/21/2012, 7:56 pm

actually in the hands of a good actor a foreign accent can be a great asset.

talking about mumbling, you should hear my kids talk. They mumble so much I can't understnd half of what they say most of the time. They suggest I take a hearing test. I said I can hear a mouse walking across a room just fine. Razz A lot of kids these days talk like that. some of their friends are worse. But actors are not ordinary people. If they want the audience to know what they are talking about, they have to speak clearly.

this is when I have to throw some shade at our favorite idol here. one big criticism of my dear Chris boy is that occasionally he speaks too fast for me to understand well. It's worse when he's on talk shows or interviews. i wish he can just slow down a bit sometimes. Perhaps if you are native born english speaker it's not a problem for you, but still, to be totally unbiased and honest, he's not hte best enunciators on the show. I am looking forward to his LOS audio book. I hope he reads a lot slower. anyway, I am going to read the book first. that way I will just focus on his beautiful voice when I listen to the audio version.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 2/21/2012, 8:00 pm

Hey everyone. Smile

(My only fear about the new forum is that it reveals how many times I edit a post, and so you will all find out I edit quite a lot...mainly for grammar or spelling mistakes blushh )

Shinra17 wrote:The most funny thing I have read was in a discussion post after the airing of NBK on Gleeclub (dead now), some of his fans thought he "outshines" Chris in acting, in that episode!!! Laughing

This moment: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 3 Tumblr_li7c03Hc2t1qdgekq

Proves that Chris's HAND has more acting talent than any other "student" actor on the show.

Seriously. The kiss scene blows me away, and all because of Chris. The hand flexing, hand falling on the table, the intake of breath...the way he's clearly breathing faster right before Blaine moves in to kiss him, the flush on his face, the light teariness in his eyes and the subtle beginning of a smile...

Yup, that was all Chris. wub Kurt is who made that scene beautiful, not Blaine.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/21/2012, 8:03 pm

tanita_mors wrote:His fans my think he is the best thing since sliced bread, but I can barely recall a review where his acting got some special praise. It's either his singing, his presence, the fact that they swoon when they see him and that he is a dream guy or what not.He has charisma and stage presence, but that unfortunately for him doesn't equal great acting skill. A lot of famous singers have that and they are just as louse actors as he is.
That's where Afterelton out themselves as the biggest fan site of DC, they did praise his acting arghh
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/21/2012, 8:05 pm

Wow, they couldn't even wait for the episode to air to start predicting doom and attacking Glee. And I don't know how things work, but when 3 key actors say they are on the show next year and the creators say that the next season is going to be revolutionary, doesn't that pretty much mean that the show is renewed. I guess it's popular sport now to attack a popular show which somewhat lost it's way. These days any little thing in the media is an opening for scrutiny it would seem. It's almost like they want to start a huge feud with Glee, the creators, actors and Fox. I guess everything for ratings and sales.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next