Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

+28
Sunshine 2012
Kurt addict
opals
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
kac
sheny
TimF
tanita_mors
Ireth
Divalicious
Catt24
angelnessa
Tash87
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
Georgette888
mindschemez
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
coxfire
Buenos
brisallie
Vir Cotto
ColferInspired
32 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 24 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Buenos 8/21/2014, 2:58 pm

Precisely Jellyrolls..

I don't think Glee is any different than say a group of actors who bond after a theatrical run together , especially if they were all through a show in it's gestation period, or people who work hard on a movie shoot for several months.

Exacerbate that with the fact that on Glee they had an insane schedule the first 3 1/2 years.  Getting famous all at once while working together 60-80 hours a week and two concert tours back to back and you have a group of people who spent more time together than they did with other friends and family.  The Glee experience is something they most likely will never repeat in their professional lives again.   In Chris case he was friggin 18 years old in his first professional acting job, can you imagine?  

That is why all the fans speculation on Chris/Darren is much ado about nothing.  Chris had been working on Glee (since the Pilot) for two years by the time Darren came on board, and Darren  had his own set of friends, Starkids, U of M alumni, family, girlfriend to hang out with and Chis had by then developed some of his own friends.  You add to the equation the crazy tinhatters so that both actors now have to be careful how they interact even on twitter.  PLus now Chris has his LI also.  coool 

So they're both professional but their lack of more social interaction is no indication of animosity between them by itself.

Chris seems to get along with most of his coworkers and from all accounts they respect and admire him also.  My guess is that when Glee started they felt protective of the "baby" among them, because not only was Chris the youngest, but he was for all intents and purposes a baby professionally.  By contrast, Kevin, the youngest to Chris in age being  two years older, had already had show biz experience being in a boy band and having TV appearances  since 2005.

I would imagine the Chris of 2014 is different from the Chris of 2008, more confident, poised and yes jaded but that is to be expected.  As such he does what he wants and has his focus and priorities.

Once Glee is over and everyone has moved on, we'll see who has kept in contact with each other.  Even then, it might just  be the occasional dinner.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 24 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  fantastica 8/21/2014, 3:55 pm

my personal opinion - ice water thingy is just for the show. it's a smart way to get people to get involved (especially celebrities) but it won't do much good to the actual ALS cause - donation will. so even though some people do not participating in ice showers I still solute to them for donating to the foundation. those who did the showy stuff but coughed up zero dough - ok for very poor people but otherwise if they are celebrities shame on them for not doing anything useful.

don't kill me if you disagree w/ me.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/21/2014, 3:59 pm

Fatastica, in my delusional idealistic brain I'm assuming all these celebrities did the challenge and gave a donation. A la Chris Colfer.

If not, Oprah, I'm judging you.  coool 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/21/2014, 5:27 pm

^ i assume most of them are kind enough to realize that donation is more important as they will actually go to scientific research that try to cure the disease. I also think that a few celebrities care more about performing for PR sake than doing good deeds and saving lives. I won't mind if someone doesn't want to subject themselves to physical torture. i won't do the ice bucket thing either. to me it's all superficial, and is only good for getting the message viral. for the real cause even a few dollars are better than zero donation.

If you guys don't feel like torturing yourself, rest assured that it's not necessary to help the ALS suffers. I sent real money, and I am proud of it.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/21/2014, 7:19 pm

fantastica wrote:my personal opinion - ice water thingy is just for the show. it's a smart way to get people to get involved (especially celebrities) but it won't do much good to the actual ALS cause - donation will. so even though some people do not participating in ice showers I still solute to them for donating to the foundation. those who did the showy stuff but coughed up zero dough - ok for very poor people but otherwise if they are celebrities shame on them for not doing anything useful.

It has done amazing things for donations, Kim. From the ALS website:

Washington, D.C. (August 21, 2014) — As of Thursday, August 21, The ALS Association has received $41.8 million in donations compared to $2.1 million during the same time period last year (July 29 to August 21). These donations have come from existing donors and 739,275 new donors to The Association.

The ALS Association’s mission includes providing care services to assist people with ALS and their families through a network of chapters working in communities across the nation and a global research program focused on the discovery of treatments and eventually a cure for the disease. In addition, The Association’s public policy efforts empower people to advance public policies in our nation’s Capital that respond to the needs of people with ALS.

source

So, it has been a great thing. It's raised awareness and a lot of funds. Most people donate too, they just don't all say it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/21/2014, 7:32 pm

The guy who invented the ice bucket thingy is dead: http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/08/19/corey-griffin-dead-ice-bucket-challenge-co-founder-dies-drowning/

:(
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/21/2014, 7:34 pm

I thought the celebrities who do the challenge also donating to the ALS foundation was sort of a given.  saispa
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunshine 2012 8/21/2014, 9:39 pm

My keybord is sticking.....Sorry.....I nominte Jellyrolls & Rnwing....Just did the ice bucket challenge tody... Smile banzai banzai banzai 

Sunshine 2012
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/21/2014, 10:13 pm

fantastica wrote:my personal opinion - ice water thingy is just for the show. it's a smart way to get people to get involved (especially celebrities) but it won't do much good to the actual ALS cause - donation will. so even though some people do not participating in ice showers I still solute to them for donating to the foundation. those who did the showy stuff but coughed up zero dough - ok for very poor people but otherwise if they are celebrities shame on them for not doing anything useful.

I agree. Personally, and please don't kill me, I'm not doing the challenge, as is hasn't been a big fuss in my country except for tv personalities, and as for the donation, as I'd prefer to donate to a local ASL organization, to help people in my country. So I need to research how involved are with this 'trend' cause.

As for who are actually friends or not on Glee, at this point I think it doesn't matter as the show is ending next year, and most of the cast is moving on. And if we think why Chris nominated some people and not others, why didn't he nominate Ashley? I'm sorry, but for me is reading too much the situation.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/21/2014, 10:21 pm

Sunshine 2012 wrote:My keybord is sticking.....Sorry.....I nominte Jellyrolls & Rnwing....Just did the ice bucket challenge tody... Smile banzai banzai banzai 

I actually got another nomination today. I am going to do it later this month. I have a plan
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/21/2014, 11:07 pm

Sunshine 2012 wrote:My keybord is sticking.....Sorry.....I nominte Jellyrolls & Rnwing....Just did the ice bucket challenge tody... Smile banzai banzai banzai 

I'll do it tomorrow and post the video on tumble (as soon as I figure out how to do it). Never let it be said that I shy away from a challenge - especially when it's for a good cause.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/21/2014, 11:19 pm

Glorfindel wrote:I thought the celebrities who do the challenge also donating to the ALS foundation was sort of a given.  saispa

Isn't one of the rules of the challenge? 10 dollars if you do it, and 100 if you don't?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/22/2014, 11:45 am

Darren has been challenged by both Lea Salonga and Adam Shankman yesterday.

And so we wait......... General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 24 Waiting
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/22/2014, 12:41 pm

Where is my Lea Michele ice bucket challenge?

She would look fabulous...and very toned and hydrated... Razz Razz 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/22/2014, 1:17 pm

Glorfindel wrote:........ General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 24 Waiting

i love this little sucker! I wish it's in our permanent smily's collection.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/22/2014, 2:10 pm

Neil Patrick Harris finally did it..!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/22/2014, 2:22 pm

Idina Menzel did the ice bucket challenge at the stage door of If/Then.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/22/2014, 2:59 pm

I love Idina...!!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/22/2014, 3:00 pm

NPH's was really cute with those adorable kids in it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/22/2014, 3:40 pm

Add Harry to the list of Glee folks who have done the Ice Bucket Challenge.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/22/2014, 4:03 pm

at least ice water is a lot safer than boiling water.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/22/2014, 4:13 pm

Still waiting for Lea and Matt, *impatiently tapping foot.*

Chris also challenged Jane.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/22/2014, 5:19 pm

It's starting to rain in my area. *grumps* Will end up doing the challenge on Sunday.

Am not wimping out here.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/22/2014, 7:29 pm

Diana Agron did hers.

As did the magnificent Ian Mckellen. LOL
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/23/2014, 3:22 am

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next