Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

+28
Sunshine 2012
Kurt addict
opals
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
kac
sheny
TimF
tanita_mors
Ireth
Divalicious
Catt24
angelnessa
Tash87
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
Georgette888
mindschemez
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
coxfire
Buenos
brisallie
Vir Cotto
ColferInspired
32 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 13 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Buenos 6/2/2014, 7:05 pm

brisallie wrote:As for Lea, Darren and Chord, will they really be benefited? Glee is not what used to be, and though they're not the guilty for the poor writing, still people will associate their faces with Glee.
 What I mean is that they are the leads, so they will get decent screen exposure on Glee.  All things being equal, it is good to be starring on a network show, it carries perks.

So many shows don't make it past their first episode order, so if Lea, Darren and Chord are on the screen for the 6th season they are getting exposure.  That is never bad so I think it's a benefit.

The big question is how large the episode order for Glee will be.  It seems they will start in the middle of July, Chris book signing tour  ends on Saturday,  in LA July 19 and I don't think that is a coincidence.  Depending on the episode order, Glee could conceivably close down production by year end. 

Of course the other big question is when Chris "Noel" movie will start production.

Last edited by Buenos on 6/2/2014, 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 13 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  brisallie 6/2/2014, 7:16 pm

So what is the saying? there is not such a thing as bad publicity, so probably you're right and at the end it will be a benefit for Lea, Darren and Chord to have all that exposure.

You said it, the BIG question! For fans not knowing the episode order is a nightmare that don't allow them to enjoy the hiatus, sounds too dramatic, but is true (kinda). And I guess the same is happening with writers and producers, at least they already know the answer and just don't want to inform anything, yet. Why? I have no idea.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/2/2014, 7:25 pm

brisallie wrote:So what is the saying? there is not such a thing as bad publicity, so probably you're right and at the end it will be a benefit for Lea, Darren and Chord to have all that exposure.

You said it, the BIG question! For fans not knowing the episode order is a nightmare that don't allow them to enjoy the hiatus, sounds too dramatic, but is true (kinda). And I guess the same is happening with writers and producers, at least they already know the answer and just don't want to inform anything, yet. Why? I have no idea.

I suspect with Reilly exiting FOX all negotiations for FOX/Glee are not quite done.  He's a lame duck chairman and for all we know his real  authority has  been stripped away  from now until June 30 since his departure from  the network has already been announced.

LBR, FOX is doing damage control with Glee, because who thinks a show with a .6 season ending finale can survive being off the air 8 or 9 months ?  

Filming starting in mid July (apparently) would mean that Glee could conceivably end by the calender year 2014.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/2/2014, 9:12 pm

Buenos wrote:LBR, FOX is doing damage control with Glee, because who thinks a show with a .6 season ending finale can survive being off the air 8 or 9 months ?  

Filming starting in mid July (apparently) would mean that Glee could conceivably end by the calender year 2014.

For Glee at this stage, survival isn't a factor. It's just running out the clock. There is less chance of a season 7 than there is of my climbing Mt Everest so in the end, it really doesn't matter how many months we have to wait for the new episodes. FOX has absolutely no expectations of regaining even a fraction of the audience the show lost and given the pathetic ratings for the season finale, whatever returns the network can possibly expect from Glee are meager indeed.

I highly doubt that production will start in mid-July, not with things still so up in the air. Without knowing how many episodes the network will actually want (and I would say that 13 would be at the high end of what might be expected - it could be considerably less) because that will let them know how long they have to tell whatever stories they'd had planned for the season. Given that it's already June, they've got to get crew lined up now for shooting in mid-July so the clock is running out for a normal production schedule. And as I've said before, FOX has no real investment or expectations with Glee any longer. The odds are that we won't see anything until after the new year and then it's likely to be on a dead TV night (like Friday, where shows go to die). Either way, it's going to be a slow limp to the end.

As far as the cast benefiting from Glee at this stage, I think that they've gotten whatever benefit that they can possibly expect at this point. The show is dying and is something of a joke at this point so being the lead in a show that can charitably seen as DOA is not exactly going to be a boon to anyone's careers (unless they've already gotten a boost). Chris and Kevin have launched acting careers outside of Glee. I may not love Lea's projects, but she's doing things and she's got enough industry good will to survive the inevitable crash and burn that Glee is facing. For Darren and Chord things are a lot less certain. Both of them have already received a lot of focus (through seasons 4 and 5) and it hasn't exactly helped them much. Neither have producers banging their doors down for outside projects and Darren's album is trapped in the same limbo as Naya's and Ambers (both of which have better chances of being good sellers than Darren). So being the leads on Glee at this point? I don't see it being anything more than a continued paycheck until the final episode.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/3/2014, 12:09 am

The reason I'm thinking they may start in mid July as usual is because Chris' schedule for the book tour ends in July 19 and Lea also mentioned filming starts in July; I would imagine the show needs to commit to the independent contractors among the crew and mortgages need to be paid.  The core crew of Glee has bills like everyone else and it makes no sense to drag out the starting date for filming, especially if FOX want to close everything off as soon as possible.

However, if the episode order is less than 13, I could see them possibly pushing back the start date  for production to August or even early September.  If anything it allows them to write out the first 6 or 7 episodes and accommodate any actors missing due to other projects much  easier and they still finish within the calender year.  That could include musical numbers that can filmed out of sequence for example.

If the episode order is less than 10 all bets are off on everything IMO.

I believe both "Parks and Recreation" and "Hannibal" are mid season shows, any clues when they start filming those shows?  I know Vanessa's "Mixology " was a 2014 mid season show but she was not available for any Glee filming due to when her show started filming last fall IIRC.

And yes, I realize that Glee may not have wanted Vanessa back but the fact remans her show started filming early despite being a mid season scheduled show.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/3/2014, 7:40 am

http://mandy.com/1/cast3.cfm?v=59901513

Director: Naya Rivera. We are producing a celebrity directed national campaign about immigration reform and are looking to cast actors & non-actors for upcoming production in New York on SUNDAY, June 8th. This will be high production quality, shot like a music video. No lines, but a wide distribution.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/3/2014, 9:47 am

Buenos wrote:The reason I'm thinking they may start in mid July as usual is because Chris' schedule for the book tour ends in July 19 and Lea also mentioned filming starts in July; I would imagine the show needs to commit to the independent contractors among the crew and mortgages need to be paid.  The core crew of Glee has bills like everyone else and it makes no sense to drag out the starting date for filming, especially if FOX want to close everything off as soon as possible.

However, if the episode order is less than 13, I could see them possibly pushing back the start date  for production to August or even early September.  If anything it allows them to write out the first 6 or 7 episodes and accommodate any actors missing due to other projects much  easier and they still finish within the calender year.  That could include musical numbers that can filmed out of sequence for example.

I think that until the question of how many episodes FOX will be ordering becomes clear (as well as an apporiximate air date for these episodes, any question about when production will start is very premature. Without the show runners knowing how much time they have to work it, it will be impossible for them to create even an initial first few scripts to get them to whatever idiot conclusion RM has planned. I'll be the first to argue that the writers room is probably like a group of monkeys throwing feces at one another, but it would make no sense for them to even finalize a first script without knowing if they've got 13 or six (or whatever) episodes to tell their stories.

Given that at best Glee will be airing around half the episodes that they normally would for a season (and I'm still betting on less than that), pacing is going to be critical and that's something that Glee has always had an issue with. There's not going to be time for the show to go off on the random tangents that it sometimes does, and to spent episodes focusing on stories that don't go anywhere or whatever randomness that give RM a boner on that particular day.

Ideally for Chris, getting in as much production before he leaves to film Noel is better for us since it give his storylines a chance to get some traction before we lose him for a few weeks. And with fewer episodes, the show honestly cannot afford for him to be out of too many episodes. I think that the network is aware that they need Chris and that Darren and Chord cannot carry the show (despite what RM might think). If production is going to be delayed in any case (which is what I'm expecting) and since they don't need to have the episodes ready to go for a September premiere, then it wouldn't be too much of an issue for them to even wait until after Chris is finished with his film.

But this is Glee. My statement about the monkeys throwing feces still stands and I don't expect any changes for the better this season.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/4/2014, 9:20 am

This interview has got several Chris fans angry as he does not mention Chris.

Lea he thinks should have done her album during Season 1.

Darren looks like his album won't be coming out that it has been canned.

Of the ones mentioned (except for Cory) have had an album out (Lea) or are doing albums or were doing an album.

He did not mention Naya either though.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/4/2014, 9:37 am

Eh... there are much bigger things to get upset about. Chris has always seen himself as an actor first and a singer a distant third (now behind being a writer) so to not be listed among those who should put out albums isn't exactly something that will burn my biscuit. I will agree that Darren is something of a "no brainer", not because he's such an amazing singer but because he's so commerically accessable and easily marketable right now. But with his album in permanent limbo, I'm guessing that the label questions just how much of a demand there is for him at this stage.

Anders likes Chris and I have no problem with Chris not being his particular favorite at this point. Chris has moved beyond Glee and I'm much happier seeing him focusing on his serious acting career and not putting out an album at this point. Maybe in the future, but for now I'm looking foward to him getting as far away from Glee as possible.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/4/2014, 9:59 am

Ranwing wrote:Eh... there are much bigger things to get upset about. Chris has always seen himself as an actor first and a singer a distant third (now behind being a writer) so to not be listed among those who should put out albums isn't exactly something that will burn my biscuit. I will agree that Darren is something of a "no brainer", not because he's such an amazing singer but because he's so commerically accessable and easily marketable right now. But with his album in permanent limbo, I'm guessing that the label questions just how much of a demand there is for him at this stage.

Anders likes Chris and I have no problem with Chris not being his particular favorite at this point. Chris has moved beyond Glee and I'm much happier seeing him focusing on his serious acting career and not putting out an album at this point. Maybe in the future, but for now I'm looking foward to him getting as far away from Glee as possible.

These days I prefer others outside of Glee talking about Chris's talents.

Ones that don't refer him to just Glee actor.

I have a feeling Joe the director for the Noel biopic watched SBL and was impressed by it, not Glee as he sent a tweet to Brian Danelly about it.

Chris wrote, starred in it and helped to produce it.

For someone like Joe I am guessing that to him this is more impressive than Chris playing a gay teen on Glee.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/4/2014, 10:41 am

I have no doubt that SBL helped a great deal because it is signifigant for a young actor like Chris to write, produce and star in a film (even if we're talking about a small indy project) but I wouldn't dismiss his work on Glee being a major factor in getting cast in this particular part. He's going to be playing a man who worked in musical theater for nearly his entire life, so showing that capability on Glee was probably crucial. He also has a nice body of both dramatic and comedic work with Glee that showed his scope as a performer, and the critical acclaim, awards and nominations were evidence of the quality of his work. SBL helped show his versatility as an actor. As much as I poo poo Glee nowadays, I'm not going to dismiss that it's still an important factor in Chris finding work nowadays.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/4/2014, 11:24 am

Ranwing wrote:I have no doubt that SBL helped a great deal because it is signifigant for a young actor like Chris to write, produce and star in a film (even if we're talking about a small indy project) but I wouldn't dismiss his work on Glee being a major factor in getting cast in this particular part. He's going to be playing a man who worked in musical theater for nearly his entire life, so showing that capability on Glee was probably crucial. He also has a nice body of both dramatic and comedic work with Glee that showed his scope as a performer, and the critical acclaim, awards and nominations were evidence of the quality of his work. SBL helped show his versatility as an actor. As much as I poo poo Glee nowadays, I'm not going to dismiss that it's still an important factor in Chris finding work nowadays.

True.

That would have been a major factor for getting this role, but I do like that Joe seemed impressed by SBL.

Glee is Chris's first ever success, there is no getting away from that.

The thing is the show hasn't hurt him, it hasn't hurt his career whatsoever, so there is nothing wrong that.  neutre

Chris wouldn't be the success he is today.

That is one thing I grateful for from the show.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/4/2014, 11:50 am

I think  Anders had some interesting point regarding some of the Glee peoples recording   Careers.  Since Chris has never had a recording career at the top of his list of career goals it's not surprising he's not mentioned.  No big del IMO.

Amber is the I'm most curious about when and if her album will be released.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  kac 6/4/2014, 3:49 pm

Thanks for posting the Adam Anders interview, that was really fun. He is an interesting guy and the woman who interviewed him was good, she asked intelligent questions.
kac
kac
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/5/2014, 1:42 am

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 13 Tumblr_n6jzsb3L2K1qbdepdo1_500

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 13 Tumblr_n6jzsb3L2K1qbdepdo2_500
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 13 Tumblr_n6jzsb3L2K1qbdepdo3_r1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/5/2014, 6:22 pm

Fandom Fixes: It’s time to say goodbye to “Glee”

I watched Glee‘s season 5 finale today. Three weeks after it aired. What happened was my beagle got really sick back in May (you remember; you saved her life), and Dana Piccoli graciously agreed to finish recapping the season for me. I was still watching weekly, but then “Old Dog New Tricks” aired and I didn’t make it through the first performance. The juxtaposition of the thing I love most in the world (dogs) and the people I trust least in the world (Glee‘s writers) was just too much to handle. But anyway, I watched those last few episodes today, and sheeeesh.

I have been writing about TV for almost ten years now, and I have never seen another show come close to achieving the same level of what-the-fuckery as Glee. The way the producers antagonize and belittle the most dedicated fans. The perpetual squandering of talent. The waving around GLAAD Awards while dropping sexist, homophobic, biphobic, transphobic “jokes” on the regular. But mostly, the inconceivably awful storytelling. Glee‘s biggest WTF is the fact that the show has lasted five seasons, and outside of the first 13 episodes, it has been apparent to almost everyone from casual fans to professional critics that the creative team has no idea what on earth they are doing. In every possible way: no idea.

Broadly, what that looks like is an off-season where three different producers give seventy-eleven conflicting answers about what’s in store for the show and the characters. And that lack of planning (forethought? discretion? give-a-shit-ness?) translates into something like season five, which basically ends in the middle of the season, reboots in a different city weeks (or months?) later with a parsed down character list, and reintroduces/axes members of the cast with nary a line of throwaway dialogue. Specifically, what that looks like is characters whose decisions never make any sense, plotlines being introduced without precursor and abandoned without explanation, fictional months that last years, fictional months that last nanoseconds, lifelong dreams being realized and then discarded three episodes later, “lifelong dreams” coming from nowhere and dominating a character’s behavior (for one and a half episodes), and on and on.

Seasons are structureless. Individual episodes are structureless. I have said it a dozen times before, and I’ll repeat it once more: The people who make Glee don’t have one-third of a clue about what makes the show work. Every episode is like an exercise in spur-of-the-moment splatter painting. Just throwing every available color at the wall and seeing what happens.

Glee is the show the most people requested me to tackle when I introduced Fandom Fixes, and here’s the truth: It can’t be fixed. The people who make the show have proven repeatedly that they either do not care about quality storytelling, or they are completely inept at creating consistently good television. At this point, I honestly can’t tell if it’s one or the other, or if it’s both.

The infuriating thing about Glee is that when it gets LGBTQ stuff right, it gets it right-er than anyone else, and so we have invested half a decade of our lives — noodle on that for a second — for a those rare, shining moments when we see ourselves reflected fully and truly on our TVs. But for every one of those moments, there are a dozen moments where the writers seem deliberately obtuse about the community that has kept the show on the air for so long. Glee will always be a associated with the spark that fanned the flame of the It Gets Better generation, but it’s not the only game in town anymore; not by a long shot. And it’s time for it to take a bow and say goodbye.

So, here’s my Fandom Fixes suggestion: There’s one season of Glee left. The very best thing the producers and Fox could do is truncate it down to a half-season and give every original New Directioner a send-off episode. That way, time doesn’t matter. And what came before doesn’t matter. And nothing will come after, so we don’t have to hold our collective breath and wonder how they’re going to tank things this time. We can meet Quinn two years out of college; we can visit Rachel on the pilot episode of her television show; we can attend Kurt and Blaine’s wedding; we can see what happens when Brittany and Santana are allowed to spend more than two minutes talking to each other; we can cheer Mercedes on as she receives her first Grammy Award; we can screen Artie’s first film; we can vote for Tina in her first Congressional election.

Somewhere along the way, Glee forced us to stop believin’; now it’s time for us to go our separate ways (worlds apart). Glee won the fandom lottery and the talent lottery. The best thing the show can do now is honor both of those groups of people by giving them the curtain calls they deserve.
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/5/2014, 7:11 pm

no, don't let anybody marry. kids don't deserve to get married, unless they want divorce a year down the road.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 6/5/2014, 7:25 pm

fantastica wrote:no, don't let anybody marry. kids don't deserve to get married, unless they want divorce a year down the road.
Agree,I don't plan on watching season 6. I won't be watching a Klaine wedding at all,if they show it. No chance at all even 1% chance.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/5/2014, 8:00 pm

for me, glee has already wrapped. i don't need to know how everybody is doing 10 years down the road. nobody knows what will happen in 10 years. maybe there will be a world war 3.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 6/5/2014, 8:03 pm

fantastica wrote:for me, glee has already wrapped. i don't need to know how everybody is doing 10 years down the road. nobody knows what will happen in 10 years. maybe there will be a world war 3. who knows.

Agree,100%
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/5/2014, 11:16 pm

So, some people are already planning not to watch season six? Good for you guys, that is willpower Smile

Personally, before I take any decision I would like to know if there will be a season six. In addition, January is so far away, or that seems to me, that I don't wanna be worried in advance.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 6/5/2014, 11:20 pm

brisallie wrote:So, some people are already planning not to watch season six? Good for you guys, that is willpower Smile

Oh, yeah. ODNT was the series finale for me. I liked the idea of it ending with Kurt happy and having performed for an audience that appreciated him. (and very little Bland.)
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/5/2014, 11:41 pm

I'll be watching. Unfortunately I'm a glutton for punishment. Whatever idiocy happens on the show, I've reached a point where I can only see it a bad AU. My headcanon is firmly in place where Kurt never reconciled with Blaine and is happily dating Adam. Rachel is facing real challenges in reaching her lofty career goals and Kurt is finally getting the rewards for his talent that he deserves. Blaine never got admitted to NYADA, and he and Sam never came to NY.

Glee is a mess and will continue to be a mess, but so long as there are good and creative fanfiction writers who can fix whatever crap the show trots out, I'm good.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/6/2014, 1:31 am

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/6/2014, 1:33 am

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 13 Tumblr_n6qbqqeHqu1r295ako3_r1_500

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 13 Tumblr_n6qbqqeHqu1r295ako2_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next