Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Glorfindel on 6/17/2014, 8:53 am




"might"..... that doesn't sound very definitive to me.  unsure 

Weren't they supposed to start early July already?
(Didn't Lea say that, or am I making things up now?)

And I would think that people working on costumes and sets etc. will start working a few weeks before the cast starts filming, right?
So that would mean the actual filming 'might' (hehe) start as late as half August.  ohmy (That doesn't leave much wiggle room for Glee to film scenes with Chris before he goes to London.)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Ranwing on 6/17/2014, 10:12 am

Production starting in July probably means getting the scripts written and doing pre-production, not actual filming. Given that Glee is not airing in September, there's not exactly a rush. The one thing they may do is get the episodes filmed more or less on their usual schedule in order to give the actors a chance to start new projects after the new year.

I'm curious just how many episodes Chris is actually going to miss filming. While I'm sorry to have a few weeks without him making this mess at all worth watching, I'm delighted that he'll be away doing something so important for his future post-Glee career.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Buenos on 6/17/2014, 10:20 am

For now, Chris book tour ends on Saturday, July 21, back in Los Angeles.  So filming starting in late July sounds about right to me.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's doing  wardrobe fitting and publicity shots starting Monday, July 23 with filming/song recording later that week.

In a better planned and prepared show with show runners who give a fuck, the first few episodes would be front loaded with Chris recording songs and scenes to make up for when he's gone making his movie  since most episodes (if any) won't have to edited to be aired until January if not February 2015.  Contrast that with this season  when editing was happening a week before air time (Chris written episode as one example).

However considering the track record of RIB and how they just don't give a damn anymore about the character of Kurt as far as story lines, I wouldn't doubt it they will have him missing for 4-5 episodes just because they're too ass lazy to get their act together and actually plan out this last season.  They should have a thought out synopsis for whatever episodes they have ordered from FOX but of course we know they just pull whatever SL Ryan Murphy thinks is "fun" for that week, as well as figuring what meta commentary they can shit on their fans with.

The one thing they will probably have to announce by the end of June is who is being retained or dropped as regulars for this last season.


Last edited by Buenos on 6/17/2014, 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Ranwing on 6/17/2014, 10:27 am

Buenos wrote:For now, Chris book tour ends on Saturday, July 21, back in Los Angeles.  So filming starting in late July sounds about right to me.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's doing  wardrobe fitting and publicity shots starting Monday, July 23 with filming/song recording later that week.

Even so, if his film is scheduled to start production in August (even late August) that allows very little time for chris to actually be filming Glee. And the odds are that he would need to be in England prior to filming for pre-production work.

As I said, I'm not going to cry if Chris misses a major portion of this season because it removes any reason for me to keep watching.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Buenos on 6/17/2014, 10:35 am

Ranwing wrote:
Buenos wrote:For now, Chris book tour ends on Saturday, July 21, back in Los Angeles.  So filming starting in late July sounds about right to me.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's doing  wardrobe fitting and publicity shots starting Monday, July 23 with filming/song recording later that week.

Even so, if his film is scheduled to start production in August (even late August) that allows very little time for chris to actually be filming Glee. And the odds are that he would need to be in England prior to filming for pre-production work.

As I said, I'm not going to cry if Chris misses a major portion of this season because it removes any reason for me to keep watching.
Like I said, if Glee actually had 3-4 episodes written before filming starts, they could very easily front load Chris filming to accommodate pretty much when he's going to be gone.  Hell even "jukebox" musical selections for Kurt could happen, but that would only occur with show runners who still  care about Kurt being a major presence on the show.

If anything , from the get go the episodes will be heavy with Rachel, Blaine and Sam (It doesn't look as if Kevin or Amber is all that available for early filming ) and even when Chris gets back from England it will probably be the same MO. 

The thing is that Chris movie is a convenient cover for these lazy ass showrunners who have a boner for Blam to sideline Kurt  once again.   Eh, it's sort of a moot point since by December most likely Glee will be completely over.

You would think that Chris, along with Lea and Kevin being the only regulars among the younger cast from season one would figure prominently this final year, but we all know that isn't going to happen.
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Ranwing on 6/17/2014, 10:43 am

I'm fully expecting what there is of season 6 to be a total trainwreak. The network is washing their hands of the show, so they're not going to waste any energy trying to salvage things and rein in RIB's worst excesses. The budget is going to be bare bones (so I highly doubt there will be any big name guest stars unless they're slumming). It's going to be a mess, with the focus being on Rachel and Blam and the further away from this Kurt and Chris are, the better.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  fantastica on 6/17/2014, 11:57 am

i can't stomach this show at all now. personally i don't care if chris will miss every episode in this season. the rating will be the only one that's worth watching.  Twisted Evil
avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Glorfindel on 6/17/2014, 12:43 pm

I also predict hardly any focus on Kurt, a half-assed excuse (told, not shown) why he is not there (wanna bet Kurt will film a movie in London too?), and him only being needed back to have the big Klaine wedding in the last or 2nd last episode.

These writers will indeed not work around Chris' schedule, and put no effort in making sure finished scripts are ready or non-canon-important musical performances prepared (like the Warblers had in season 2) for Chris to film back to back end of July/begin of August so Kurt can have appearances in most episodes even when Chris is in London.
They'll be lazy and just ignore Kurt. 
Not that it will be very different from what we got in season 4 and 5 for Kurt.

Part of me wants Kurt to still have a major part in season 6 of Glee, as it should be his legacy and prerogative too (as one of the few originals left and him being the break-out star/character that was also part of why Glee was so popular), plus I love Kurt and will hate to not see him anymore.
But another (bigger) part of me wants no Kurt at all anymore, so RIB, Blaine and Rachel can't hurt and ruin him even more: I want him safe from the awful writing. I know the wedding will be ineviable alas, but there are still very bad things that they can make happen to Kurt in only those few episodes.  unsure

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 6/17/2014, 1:03 pm

Glorfindel wrote:I also predict hardly any focus on Kurt, a half-assed excuse (told, not shown) why he is not there (wanna bet Kurt will film a movie in London too?), and him only being needed back to have the big Klaine wedding in the last or 2nd last episode.

These writers will indeed not work around Chris' schedule, and put no effort in making sure finished scripts are ready or non-canon-important musical performances prepared (like the Warblers had in season 2) for Chris to film back to back end of July/begin of August so Kurt can have appearances in most episodes even when Chris is in London.
They'll be lazy and just ignore Kurt. 
Not that it will be very different from what we got in season 4 and 5 for Kurt.

Part of me wants Kurt to still have a major part in season 6 of Glee, as it should be his legacy and prerogative too (as one of the few originals left and him being the break-out star/character that was also part of why Glee was so popular), plus I love Kurt and will hate to not see him anymore.
But another (bigger) part of me wants no Kurt at all anymore, so RIB, Blaine and Rachel can't hurt and ruin him even more: I want him safe from the awful writing. I know the wedding will be ineviable alas, but there are still very bad things that they can make happen to Kurt in only those few episodes.  unsure


Great post,I agree 100%. I know it most likely won't happened,but If Klaine must be married,I hope the marriage takes place off screen.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
avatar
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 6/17/2014, 1:23 pm

I doubt I will be watching any episodes of season six, especially if there is a lack or no Kurt. I for sure won't be watching the wedding episode. I might though read comments/opinions of the episode on this forum.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
avatar
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Buenos on 6/17/2014, 1:32 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Not that it will be very different from what we got in season 4 and 5 for Kurt.
The funny thing for me is that IMO  they actually wrote Kurt overall better in Season 4 and 5 then they did in Season 3, where he was too gay, and kept on losing throughout the season.

The difference of course being that they gave him more screen time and SL's (relatively speaking) in Season 3.

Season 4 to me was probably the nadir as far as screen time and neglect for Kurt.  Of course Chris acting to me was as good as ever (particularly "The Break Up") but it was crazy how he was either completely MIA or just a cameo appearance in over a third of the episodes.

In Season 4 the ass lickers and apologists (and pseudo experts) had  all these half assed rationalizations that Chris requested time off from Glee to explain how the show runner neglected him so much.  Of course the fact that Chris never said any such thing and that he had no outside projects belied that assumption.

Season 5 had it's own problems, but Chris probably had the most songs (though mostly duets)consistently  than ever in a season.  Kurt was finally one of the boys and his talent and attractiveness/hot body was admired by others, which finally fit what we saw on the screen (as opposed to the ridiculous toothpick arms of Season 3).  However other than his own written episode in 5.19, Kurt never got full focus as an independent character in even the NY episodes.  I did like the balance and vibe between him and Elliot and their songs together.   "The Happening", "IBIATCL"and the Kurt/Elliot/Dani group part of "Hold on" was as good as any musical numbers Kurt has been on on Glee, IMO.  Also loved "Into the Groove"...

Kurt was shown as confident and getting accolades/admiration so I'm not going to bitch about that.  I don't give a rat's ass about Kurt getting big outside success (alot of good that did Santana) but I do know that Chris as Kurt continued to look prettier and hotter on screen all the time in Season 5.   wub 

When I think how Naya Rivera and Matt Morrison have been crapped over by this show I remind myself things could have been worse.

LBR, the show has not  really highlighted Kurt in a SL as the Plot  A for a long time, but at the least in Season 6 I can reconcile that Chris is literally out of the country filming to explain not seeing him used on the screen more.


They'll be lazy and just ignore Kurt.
Lazy? 
With these show runners/writers it's the same as saying the ocean is wet.
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Ranwing on 6/17/2014, 1:55 pm

The way this show has treated any of their best talent not named Lea Michele has been absolutely disgraceful.

I'm not going to say that Chris didn't get some very good material this past season and while he had only one solo this entire season (!!!!), his duets (when not stuck Darren) and his group numbers were very significant. He got some halfway decent scenes to act out. My problem is that almost none of his storylines have really been about himself in a very long time. Either they were about highlighting guest stars and vanished when the guest stars were done with their tenures (Vogue, One Three Hill), or they were all about playing into Blaine's or Rachel's storylines. I would have loved to have seen more of Kurt at NYADA, now a respected and admired figure and learning to accept compliments and rewards because he's earned them and not have it end up being about poor Blainers feeling bad because he's no longer top dog (and then have his rightful place in the universe restored at Kurt's expense the following episode). Kurt growing at NYADA and finding his place in the theater world was worth exploring. But instead he became Rachel's cheerleader (and never has she deserved his support less) or Blaine's helpmate.

I get that Kurt is a supporting character, but Glee lost completely its ability to balance storylines. RIB has their favorite toys and rather than trying to tell compelling stories, we get Rachel's Special Snowflake Journey to Superstardom, Blaine being the most perfect special cupcake despite acting like a complete tool 99% of the time now and Sam just waltzing his way to what he wants and then waltzing away after he gets it. The show hasn't been interested in Kurt as a character in his own right since season 3.

So let RIB play with their favorite toys. It's the equivelent of Nero fiddling while Rome burned. Chris is off to bigger and better things. Lea may not be too badly impacted by remaining as a focus on Glee, but it hasn't done Darren or Chord any good. I just want Chris to escape and do all the amazing things that I know he will be able to do once he's no longer tied to this sinking ship.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Buenos on 6/17/2014, 2:07 pm

Ranwing wrote:The way this show has treated any of their best talent not named Lea Michele has been absolutely disgraceful.

I'm not going to say that Chris didn't get some very good material this past season and while he had only one solo this entire season (!!!!), his duets (when not stuck Darren) and his group numbers were very significant. He got some halfway decent scenes to act out. My problem is that almost none of his storylines have really been about himself in a very long time. Either they were about highlighting guest stars and vanished when the guest stars were done with their tenures (Vogue, One Three Hill), or they were all about playing into Blaine's or Rachel's storylines. I would have loved to have seen more of Kurt at NYADA, now a respected and admired figure and learning to accept compliments and rewards because he's earned them and not have it end up being about poor Blainers feeling bad because he's no longer top dog (and then have his rightful place in the universe restored at Kurt's expense the following episode). Kurt growing at NYADA and finding his place in the theater world was worth exploring. But instead he became Rachel's cheerleader (and never has she deserved his support less) or Blaine's helpmate.

I get that Kurt is a supporting character, but Glee lost completely its ability to balance storylines. RIB has their favorite toys and rather than trying to tell compelling stories, we get Rachel's Special Snowflake Journey to Superstardom, Blaine being the most perfect special cupcake despite acting like a complete tool 99% of the time now and Sam just waltzing his way to what he wants and then waltzing away after he gets it. The show hasn't been interested in Kurt as a character in his own right since season 3.

So let RIB play with their favorite toys. It's the equivelent of Nero fiddling while Rome burned. Chris is off to bigger and better things. Lea may not be too badly impacted by remaining as a focus on Glee, but it hasn't done Darren or Chord any good. I just want Chris to escape and do all the amazing things that I know he will be able to do once he's no longer tied to this sinking ship.
 banzai  banzai

At the least I will see Kurt on my screen for the last time in 2015, and also book 4 of LOS released as well as at least two movies, so how can I complain? 

Glee is over, it's ratings are in the crapper and it has no buzz/hype/mojo and the journalists/media  only mention it to refer to how it's fallen so low, it's ratings are so bad, etc.  Off the screen for 8 months is a virtual death sentence for it's last season, however NGL, I will still savor the last of the Kurt crumbs I can get.

Chris as Kurt is still one of the most iconic indelible screen characters and I will miss him , even with the neglect.  Of course I love how Chris wishes Kurt will find inner happiness (not with a BF or a boyfriend he will marrry) but content/at peace  with himself , and I just can't say enough how Chris invested Kurt with this humanity and nuanced personality.  Kurt could have easily been a caricature and yet from the beginning Chris gave him shading (not always pretty nor attractive) that wasn't in the written script. 

The looks/little details that are Kurt even now are something I will always treasure.   wub  wub  wub
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Glorfindel on 6/17/2014, 5:14 pm

Ranwing wrote:The show hasn't been interested in Kurt as a character in his own right since season 3.
This was very obvious when everyone went back to McKinley for the 100th episode: when Kurt was almost literally shoved aside during the redo if his very first song on Glee 'Defying Gravity', and then the next episode his duet with Mercedes (which hadn't happened since season 1!) was all about Rachel's feud with Santana.  dryy
I mean..... that's ridiculous (and maddening), What a fuck up!


But at the same time Kurt was the 2nd character they let sing in 'Don't Stop Believing' 3.0, even filling in for Finn/Cory.
So there is this strange double-faced thing going on when it comes to Kurt and his importance on the show: on the one hand they give him no storylines of his own, but on the other hand they basically keep acknowledging him as the 'real' male lead. It's quite baffling how these 2 things actually clash and jars.
Is this simply the usual of Glee wanting its cake and eating it too?  saispa


As for some others being mistreated on Glee too? Absolutely true, some even more than Kurt, especially Will, Artie, Santana and Tina. Well, and basically all the seniors who were given the boot after season 3: Puck, Quinn, Mercedes.
But even though part of my hate for RIB stems from this mistreatment of most of these characters that were the core of Glee, they are not the actor/character I stan for, so Kurt will always be the first on my list when I complain about this awful show.  fanny2 

Glee is a wasteland of lost opportunities.   Evil or Very Mad

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Buenos on 6/17/2014, 11:32 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
But at the same time Kurt was the 2nd character they let sing in 'Don't Stop Believing' 3.0, even filling in for Finn/Cory.
So there is this strange double-faced thing going on when it comes to Kurt and his importance on the show: on the one hand they give him no storylines of his own, but on the other hand they basically keep acknowledging him as the 'real' male lead. It's quite baffling how these 2 things actually clash and jars.
Is this simply the usual of Glee wanting its cake and eating it too?  saispa

Yes, Glee does a split personality when it comes to Kurt.  They refuse to give him story lines in which he is front and center on yet they they do little things/details to acknowledge his "importance" to Glee.  

It's just weird.  Blaine's life and goals focus around Kurt, who is the more independent and self reliant character,  and  Blaine is the one whose  short hairs Kurt holds easily in his hand, and yet Blaine's  the one who gets the actual story lines and focus  between them.

ON the 100th they give more focus to Quinn and Puck than Kurt.. Shocked , and the whole Samcedes focus in the NY episodes gobbled up more screen time than anything not Rachel related, and yet it's obvious that
Sam has no real journey on Glee; (they practically portray him as mentally retarded and have paired him with 3 different women in two seasons)  and that Mercedes was just used as a pointless relationship  SL that moved sideways over a non started romance in the first place.

That is why I'll be glad that this addiction that is Glee will soon be over for me...LOL... I don't have to be on pins and needles on  how the show treats Kurt, my fave character anymore.   Smile
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Buenos on 6/18/2014, 5:28 pm

"We’re going into a sixth season [of Glee]. I think it’s going to be half a season. I think we’re going back to McKinley High. I think. I don’t know any of this for sure. But that’s the word on the street."
Jane Lynch

avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Buenos on 6/18/2014, 5:40 pm

I really hope Chris/Kurt is spared being anywhere near Glee  with BLAM running through the halls of McKinley High while Ryan Murphy gets his boner with  them in their superhero underoos.... phr34r 

Plus I smell more "losing virginity" story lines and
Sue versus Will feuds coming on.   Shocked

Introducing MORE Noobs, just what the shows needs for its grand send off.

And Becky, lots, lots more of Becky.
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  tanita_mors on 6/18/2014, 9:09 pm

honestly, they are going to look utterly stupid. i mean, you finally lose the dead weight of McKinley and then in you last season where you can make bold moves because you know it your last, you go back to that same old broken pattern. and bring back successful people to their small town to deal with crappy personal feuds and meaningless show choir battles. just DUMB. SO DUMB. SO FUCKING DUMB. how can such dumb shit come from the minds of people with so much fucking writing experience. and if you aren't into glee any more and don't give a shit RIB, why the hell don't you find some other people to take a crack at writing. who knows, they may surprise us all. thy certainly couldn't do any worse that the season 5 shit we had to swallow.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________



avatar
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2854
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : Serbia
Real Name : Ivana

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Divalicious on 6/18/2014, 10:25 pm

I will gnash my teeth and fast forward to Kurt's probably meager scenes, if he is in at all. While I will miss the character of Kurt, RIB has made things pretty obvious the only "important" story Kurt will have will be marrying his boy, and I mean boy. They put more important on that a gay marriage CAN happen, than if it SHOULD happen. Kurt has such standing in the show that literally just having him in the scene makes the scene work better. Which is why he props Blaine, and the increasingly one-dimensional Rachel. So while I want to see him, I don't want to see him spending the last few precious minutes we have of Kurt on screen planning his wedding (although crazy wedding Kurt is an amusing idea)

What I would really like is for them to take a hard look at Rachel, Blaine and (to a lesser extent) Sam's life handing them everything without an ounce of sweat or difficulty, and them poohing on it. To show that life does not just hand you chance, after chance, after chance and that there are consequences for not respecting the goodness when it comes your way.

Glee is putting out so many bad messages. Hard work gets you nothing (Kurt) sacrifice gets you nothing (Kurt and Will). Cruelty is rewarded (Sue and Santana). Absolute denial of reality is funny (Brittney is a genius, sure). I am better than the rest of the world, and no one, other than Barbra, will ever exceed my talent (Rachel). I can let people down and they should still love me (Rachel and Blaine). I had better stop, because I really can go on and on.

I still find the idea shocking that Glee would get even 13 episodes, although that has yet to be confirmed. The writers put absolutely no effort into it. The frontrunners have ignored it for years. The fans, and a few of the actors, seem to be the only ones putting any effort into it. Not exactly something that shouts to the network, give them 13 episodes to waste, because here at the end we've finally learned our lesson.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1284
Join date : 2012-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Jellyrolls on 6/18/2014, 11:44 pm

Fox should just cut ties with glee and call it a day. Glee lost about 44% of it's viewership and share by the end of the season. I just can't see how anyone at fox can justify keeping the show going. Glee has a high production cost. People will forget about it in the next six months. He'll, even the k(b)Lainers will probably forget about it and become fixated on some other thing that airs this fall.

With the exception of maybe daleastreet, no one seems particularly interested in glee. Chris, Matt, Jane, Naya, and Kevin are more focused on other opportunities, as is Lea. Ryan and Brad have AHS.

It just seems that fox and rib should mutually agree to bury the show rather than put out a handful of crap episodes that will be lucky to get 1.5 million viewers.

Maybe all this going back to McKinley crap is really just about fulfilling the final season with cheap salaries of extras and guests to lower production costs. They may very well have negotiated to have their big salary people like Chris and Jane to appear in less episodes to cut costs.


______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13


avatar
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Posts : 6572
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : Boston, Massachusetts
Real Name : Karen

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Buenos on 6/19/2014, 1:20 am

I wonder if going back to McKinley with the sets at this point actually reduces the cost of producing the show. They still have to have students milling around in the hallways and then the temptation to bring back the guest stars that portray Becky, Figgins, Beistie, Coach Roz, etc. 

One would think storylines that focus on only the 5 core cast members left with limited extras, aka around the loft, apartments , etc, would be a way to keep Glee stripped down. 

Going back to McKinley leads once again to a cast of thousands.
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Buenos on 6/19/2014, 1:38 am


I had a great time. It was a great cast, great production. It felt like a family." Might he be back next year? "As of now, it doesn’t seem likely, but if they asked and depending on what I was doing, possibly.
Adam Lambert talking about Glee [Rolling Stone, June 18, 2014]
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Glorfindel on 6/19/2014, 4:31 am

^Well, I guess we got the most we could have expected out of Elliot and Starkurt while it lasted.
Go sing with the Queen Gods, Adam, and don't look back.

Maybe Elliot will be at the wedding, being the big Klaine supporter he is.  dryy  vomir 

Divalicious wrote:Glee is putting out so many bad messages.  Hard work gets you nothing (Kurt) sacrifice gets you nothing (Kurt and Will).  Cruelty is rewarded (Sue and Santana).  Absolute denial of reality is funny (Brittney is a genius, sure).  I am better than the rest of the world, and no one, other than Barbra, will ever exceed my talent (Rachel).  I can let people down and they should still love me (Rachel and Blaine).  I had better stop, because I really can go on and on. 
The messages of Glee are indeed very bad. Another one: lying and cheating will be forgiven if you put on a pout and blame your partner for it (Blaine).
Ugh.  antifana 


As for the bolded: I still find it utterly cruel that RIB shut down the glee club in the show's celebratory 100th episode, leaving the first and foremost protagonist of the show in the pilot, Mr. Shue, who chose teaching those misfit kids (no matter how badly he did it sometimes) over a Broadway career I might add, with his dreams in shatters and no future prospects (except for a son).  Evil or Very Mad

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Buenos on 6/19/2014, 1:43 pm

This roadkill watching of Season 6 is actually quite fascinating.... phr34r 

Take the Chris/Kurt situation, it's obvious that Ryan Murphy doesn't give a shit anymore about Kurt's individual journey, when asked about the character of  Kurt he mentioned that Klaine feautures prominently in Season 6.   As opposed to stating specifically how Glee was Rachel, Blaine and Sam storyline heavy.

However if FOX is playing real  hardball with episodes ordered and when production starts/budget, etc then the possible 4-6 weeks off RIB gave Chris looms large.

If say, FOX states they want a minimum order of 6-8 episodes it disrupts Ryan's big Klaine wedding plans as his cultural message centerpiece if Kurt is glaringly  MIA.  Sure Kurt  can show up for the finale but it sort of undercuts the whole thing.

To  give RIB credit they probably wanted to accommodate  Chris when he asked for time off for his movie, but at the same time I think they were very  confident they had a full 22 Episode Season 6 guaranteed.  (Ryan even opened his mouth a couple of months ago saying it would be a super sized 24 episode season, LOL) Ryan was going to have one last fling  of 22 episodes to do whatever he wanted to.

However I could see how the new management of FOX would see Ryan's "indulgence" to Chris as just another example of how RIB was out of control cavalierly doing things on  FOX's dime that cost them.

The FOX reasoning could be:  " Who the fuck gives one of their leading characters/stars 6 weeks off at the start of the season when ratings are declining and the show needs all the help it can get?" 

Love to be a fly on the wall during these negotiations.   phr34r
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Ranwing on 6/19/2014, 2:46 pm

Buenos wrote:However I could see how the new management of FOX would see Ryan's "indulgence" to Chris as just another example of how RIB was out of control cavalierly doing things on  FOX's dime that cost them.

The FOX reasoning could be:  " Who the fuck gives one of their leading characters/stars 6 weeks off at the start of the season when ratings are declining and the show needs all the help it can get?" 

It's nost just Chris, but tossing around "regular" status like candy falling out of a piñata. How much money was wasted in season 4 when you had Lea and Chris - arguably some of the highest paid actors in the cast - absolutely wasted for multiple episodes when they might get a bare scene or two (less in Chris's case). Or worse, episodes when they didn't appear at all. Yet they got paid as if they appeared in every single scene. The noobs got elevated to regular status even when the network was screaming for McKinley to get ditched, which meant that they got paid full salary after they got sidelined.

And it's not just a matter of money. I don't think FOX is going to blink about paying Chris because he's one of the few actors left who can really pull his weight and is worth every single penny they pay him. It's the fact that RM has this conceit that this show will survive without Chris. For me, there are two actors that are indespensible right now and it's Lea and Chris. Without them, Glee is toast. The network knows this, which is why they were using Chris heavily in promotion, even for episodes that he barely appeared in. Now with Glee facing, at best, a half season and Chris likely to be absent for half of it? I'm sure there are people in the network office ripping their hair out right now. Because they know that they cannot count on Darren and Chord to carry the show.

Love to be a fly on the wall during these negotiations.   phr34r

You and me both!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum