Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

+28
angelnessa
mindschemez
ChrisColfersLightning
Vir Cotto
AnneNeville
MoviesAreLife
opals
kac
M&M
brisallie
Jellyrolls
Kurt addict
coxfire
Glorfindel
Buenos
Delight
tanita_mors
Lottie2303
Georgette888
sheny
valkeakuulas
Ireth
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Ranwing
Divalicious
bayth
32 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 37 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Ranwing 5/2/2014, 5:20 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Right? Oh Glee: continuity and solid characterisation is a foreign word to you.  Rolling Eyes 

Unless you're talking about Kurt's characterisation - because Chris manages to make gold out of horseshit.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 37 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/2/2014, 5:24 pm

Ranwing wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:^Right? Oh Glee: continuity and solid characterisation is a foreign word to you.  Rolling Eyes 

Unless you're talking about Kurt's characterisation - because Chris manages to make gold out of horseshit.

True he does.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/2/2014, 5:26 pm

bayth wrote:Chris' episode is longer than the usual time.  I hope they don't cut anything from the current version...
The last 3 episodes were all over 43 minutes long, so I think the length of Chris' episode will be alright.  fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/2/2014, 5:33 pm

Ranwing wrote:Unless you're talking about Kurt's characterisation - because Chris manages to make gold out of horseshit.
Key words here being "Chris manages to make gold out of horseshit".  fanny2

It's true that the continuity/characterisation is still acceptable only of the characters who are played by the best actors in the cast, wich can be considered a small miracle with the crap writing and planning of RIB & co.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/2/2014, 7:52 pm

Previews of 'Lucky Star'/'Memory'/'Take Me Home Tonight': link.

Chris sounds wonderful on 'Lucky Star' and 'Memory'.  wub  wub  wub 
'Take Me Home Tonight' is a group number, and Chris is also on that one.  neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/2/2014, 8:11 pm

Just from those previews, the Anders did a good job on the music.  neutre 

Which is good as Chris wrote this.

I would love to hear "Werewolves Of London".
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/2/2014, 8:50 pm

Chris is singing 'Memory' 3 semitones lower than the original (maybe to accomodate June Squibb's voice?).
This is mostly interesting when it comes to the bridges ("Every Streetlamp seems to beat"..... and "Burnt Out Ends of Smokey Days..."), as they are already low in the original key, so I wonder how he (and June) will handle them now. 

Because of the lower key Chris doesn't need to sing the highest notes of the song (at the end) in his head voice/high register, as they are well within the range of his chest voice/low register now.
However, since he's already singing in high register in the beginning of the song (when he could have easily sung in his low register there) I suspect that he will sing most of the song as a countertenor (aka stay mostly in high register). So it will be interesting to see if the last verse will be belted by Chris or if he will continu to sing as a countertenor there.

In the musical version the 2nd bridge has different words ("Sunlight through the trees in summer...") and is sung by a young 'cat', who sings one octave higher than the old cat Grizabella. Grizabelle then starts singing along with the young cat, but on her own, lower octave, therefore creating a unisolo in octave (both singing the same note but on a different height).
What if Chris and June will be singing that bridge this way, with Chris being the 'young cat' and June/Maggie the 'old cat' Grizabella?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/2/2014, 9:20 pm

There are no Kurt solos, are they?

But hey, Kurt singing solo lines in 3 songs is still a most wonderful thing  Smile . Looking forward to the full versions, and the performances.

Chris adopting Cooper and what he's written in his episode, complete with 'a Take Me Home' song, can't be a mere coincidence. Now this is how you should be doing your PSAs, Glee.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/2/2014, 9:29 pm

Delight wrote:There are no Kurt solos, are they?

But hey, Kurt singing solo lines in 3 songs is still a most wonderful thing  Smile . Looking forward to the full versions, and the performances.

Chris adopting Cooper and what he's written in his episode, complete with 'a Take Me Home' song, can't be a mere coincidence.  Now this is how you should be doing your PSAs,  Glee.

Good post  I agree,  I just wish   Chris had written a   scene in which Kurt had a solo. Maybe, though no one got a solo in his episode.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/2/2014, 9:59 pm

Brad tweeted this:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 37 BmrBzDbCYAA63yb
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/2/2014, 10:04 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Brad tweeted this:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 37 BmrBzDbCYAA63yb

I don't know if Chris looks uncomfortable, or he is just lost in thought.

Darren, just trying to get attention.

Chord just messing around.

Kevin just having fun.

Not commenting about the other person, which is obvious who it is.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/2/2014, 10:20 pm

http://coopercolfer.tumblr.com/post/84570059615/old-dogs-new-tricks-30-second-song-previews-1

June Squibb sounds good on "Lucky Star".

Wow, her and Chris sound really good together.

Millions times better than the trainwreck of "Piece of My Heart".

"I Melt With You" I can hear lots of Lea, but think this is all three girls. But I love this song.

Chris picked some incredible songs.

Artie and Sam sound good on "Werewolves of London".

There are five songs.

Blarren is just on the group song.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/2/2014, 10:30 pm

Kevin sounds so good on Werewolves in London. He puts so much character in his voice.

Not loving the snippet of Melt With You. I loved this song when I was in my teens, and there is something missing on this--I can't pinpoint it. I guess I'll wait until I hear the whole song.

Loved Memory. Can't wait for the rest of it.

Lucky Star sounds good, though I wish it was all Chris.

Darren takes a page from Lea on Take Me Home Tonight and really oversings his lines in this snippet. His phrasing seems a bit off too.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/2/2014, 10:34 pm

i really believe that DC has in his contract that he has to sing in every damn episode. i have been going through all of my glee songs to rid of anything w/ his voice in it and replace them w/ original artists' versions. so much better!

i am not gonna spoil myself. i didn't listen to any of the songs. i want to watch the episode and listen to everything w/ a fresh ear. i hope more of you will refrain from getting too spoiled.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/2/2014, 10:51 pm

Wow... a week where no one gets a solo, where songs fit the storyline and singers are selected for their ability to sing their particular songs well. And all it took was Chris writing the ep. Will wonders never cease.

June Squibb sounded great on Lucky Star. Infinitely better than SM did in TALPOMH. There was life and snap in that number. I loved how Kevin sounded in WOL and Lea sounded lovely on WMWY - probably the best she's ever sounded in a pop number. Chris really was thoughtful of what songs he wanted and who would sing them. Wish the rest of writers put in half the thought and effort that Chris did.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 5/2/2014, 10:59 pm

I am in LOVE with Were Wolfs of London, Lucky Star and WWOL is actually my favorites! I adore Memory and am thrilled I can can hear Chris heavy in the chorus of Take Me Home Tonight, and Chord actually sound really good in Take Me Home Tonight! He should have gotten Darren's part in my opinion, but you know Ryan would have thrown a fit if h did not have his fave screeching loudly during a number, especially when big mean bully Chris did not give him a solo!  Rolling Eyes 

Any who! I am so excited for this episode! I hope everyone gives it a chance, people are already being rude for no reason cough cough blainers cough cough but this episode seems to be a fun one and I for one am ready for it :D Bring it on Chris! ;D

I actually liked the REAL version of I Melt With You, but not this, is it me or is Lea and Darren screaming this weak cause they did not have a solo? They sound to me like they are trying too hard to be noticed since they did not get their weekly solo privileged :P Chord, Chris, and Kevin and Amber sung nicely and strong yet good. I enjoyed their voices and June Squibb, she sounded nice too :D I honestly have not much complaints on the songs at all, I just wish some people can sing in key and stop shouting so much, other than that, perfect! Smile

Last edited by ChrisColfersLightning on 5/2/2014, 11:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add more talk)
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/2/2014, 11:09 pm

And "Lucky Star" - when will Chris ever get another chance to sing a Madonna song with June Squibb again?

I heard so many celebs, friends say how generous he is, and this just proves he does not crave the limelight as much as some.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/2/2014, 11:44 pm

A nice BTS for Chris's episode. Unfortunately... as expecting since Mia did this there is way too much Darren and he, of course, spends a lot of time making it about himself. But ignore him and just focus on the glory that is Chris.

http://chriscolfernews.com/post/84576772753/chris-colfer-writer-extraordinaire-glee
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/2/2014, 11:50 pm

Ranwing wrote:A nice BTS for Chris's episode. Unfortunately... as expecting since Mia did this there is way too much Darren and he, of course, spends a lot of time making it about himself. But ignore him and just focus on the glory that is Chris.

http://chriscolfernews.com/post/84576772753/chris-colfer-writer-extraordinaire-glee

The shade is just embarrassing.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/2/2014, 11:51 pm

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/2/2014, 11:52 pm

Ranwing wrote:A nice BTS for Chris's episode. Unfortunately... as expecting since Mia did this there is way too much Darren and he, of course, spends a lot of time making it about himself. But ignore him and just focus on the glory that is Chris.

Nice BTS, but would have been nicer if there was not so much Darren.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/3/2014, 12:03 am

I wish Chris were the only one interviewed, but as Mia was in charge of this...anyway, I'm glad the other boys are praising our boy Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 5/3/2014, 12:07 am

ColferInspired wrote:

The shade is just embarrassing.

Chord, Kevin, and Chris was great, but ugh, I wont even say anything else, All I know Is I am glad at least some people have decent respect and knows how to make things not about them so much.  Rolling Eyes 
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/3/2014, 12:15 am

They've released full version of "Memory".  wub

http://coopercolfer.tumblr.com/post/84579865715/memory-glee-cast-version-feat-june-squibb

This is just perfect.

Chris sings more than June.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 5/3/2014, 12:20 am

ColferInspired wrote:They've released full version of "Memory".  wub

http://coopercolfer.tumblr.com/post/84579865715/memory-glee-cast-version-feat-june-squibb

This is just perfect.

Chris sings more than June.

Idc if people complain and claim Darren is right about Chris making this episode all about 'himself' Kurt deserves it damn it! No one whine when it is all about Blaine, Rachel, or Samcedes so they can deal with some Kurt for once. vexe 

And this song is beautiful omg so lovely, I am in love!  wub uhuhu aa54 mrgreen 
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next