Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

+28
angelnessa
mindschemez
ChrisColfersLightning
Vir Cotto
AnneNeville
MoviesAreLife
opals
kac
M&M
brisallie
Jellyrolls
Kurt addict
coxfire
Glorfindel
Buenos
Delight
tanita_mors
Lottie2303
Georgette888
sheny
valkeakuulas
Ireth
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Ranwing
Divalicious
bayth
32 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 32 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  mindschemez 4/29/2014, 11:21 am

Sure, the ignorance of Shirley's comments can be attributed to her generation. It's still wrong, and frankly, you're never too old to learn. But while I'm bothered by her comment, I think what's more problematic is the fact that it made the edit of this promotional video. How does that happen? The possible answers to this question is what bothers me.

Blaine's arc being positioned as the next biggest star in itself is whatever, as we have seen that for his character over time. My only concern now with this storyline is that not even 3 episodes ago it was made canon that Blaine prefers Kurt in the lesser position, and has serious issue with Kurt's successes. So if they try to do some sort of storyline of him being torn, the audience isn't supposed to believe that it will be genuine. Right? Tested is very much burned in my mind.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 32 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  sheny 4/29/2014, 12:17 pm

From SM's interview with TV Line

TVLINE | Does June have any ulterior motives in working with Blaine?

You know, I’ve tried to figure this out. She’s 80 years old, and here’s this 27-year-old kid that she’s taking under her wing; I have to ask, “How far under does it go?” I haven’t gotten time to ask that question, but it is in my heart and in my mind.

TVLINE | How does Kurt feel about June taking Blaine under her wing, however far under that may be?

Well, she only wants [Blaine] to be the star, and the man that he’s in love with, Blaine wants him to be part of what June is doing. And that’s another thing; I was very interested in the genderfication of the set. It’s so wonderfully homogenized. You don’t know who’s gay, who’s straight, who’s transitioning — all this wonderful stuff that the young people are experimenting with.

source

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/29/2014, 12:25 pm

^O boy, she just can't shut up about it, can she? Jeez.  Shocked 
Yes Shirley, the Glee set is like this rare, strange Wonderland where homosexuals are allowed to eat at the same table in the cafetaria as 'normal' people.

"genderfication".... "that stuff young kids are experimenting with"  pauly 

mindschemez wrote:Sure, the ignorance of Shirley's comments can be attributed to her generation. It's still wrong, and frankly, you're never too old to learn. But while I'm bothered by her comment, I think what's more problematic is the fact that it made the edit of this promotional video. How does that happen? The possible answers to this question is what bothers me.
This bothers me a lot too. A remark like that should never have been allowed to stay in the video. It's insulting to Chris and other gay actors, and it's also an embarrassing moment and damaging for Shirley MacLaine's image (not that I care much about that, but she's still a guest star for Fox and they can't make her look bad).

I also don't think you (general you, not you you) can excuse Shirley for what she said because she's old, because although the younger generations are a lot more openminded than the older ones, what she said is still very homophobic, and an educated and worldly woman like Shirley should know better, if only to phrase that praise for Darren better.
And as others have mentioned here and on tumblr: it's not the first time she says something as problematic as this.

Blaine's arc being positioned as the next biggest star in itself is whatever, as we have seen that for his character over time. My only concern now with this storyline is that not even 3 episodes ago it was made canon that Blaine prefers Kurt in the lesser position, and has serious issue with Kurt's successes. So if they try to do some sort of storyline of him being torn, the audience isn't supposed to believe that it will be genuine. Right? Tested is very much burned in my mind.
Wrong, I'm afraid.  unsure

Because Glee is 1) not structured well or thought out in the writers room so each episode is a standalone, and 2) RIB is so blind of Blaine's faults and/or tend to forget his past bad behavior, or think that a fake apology or a romantic serenade from Blaine to Kurt forgives and forgets his wrongdoings from 1 episode to the next (while for the fans each new bad thing gets added to the past bad things, as they remember everything, and they see a pattern now), they probably don't even connect what Blaine thought in 5x16 to what he'll be thinking in 5x18 and 5x20.

Maybe Kurt's motivation to include Blaine in his hard earned invitation to sing for June will sprout from Kurt thinking in 5x16 that his success and confidence should not erode Blaine's, but going by the way the Klaine scene of Kurt inviting Blaine along was phrased I don't think that played a part at all (Kurt was way too spontaneous and carefree in that scene to have been thinking about what Blaine said to him of wanting to be stronger than Kurt: Chris would have played it differently imo if that was still supposed to be on Kurt's mind).

But the viewers will remember what happened in 5x16 (and before), so unless Glee surprises us with an exceptionally well written script (duh) Blaine's actions will probably come across as being very insincere and hypocrite.
And I wouldn't even mind that if it weren't for that we're supposed to be cheering and sighing of relief when Kurt forgives and takes that douchebag back in 5x20 after singing butchering another lovesong.  Evil or Very Mad 

Georgette888 wrote:As I said on twitter last night, I make allowances to some extent for her being older and it maybe being clumsy phrasing, but I still regard it as a shitty comment and breathtakingly stupid for it to be edited into the vid.
banzai^This.

Jellyrolls wrote:Another BTS for a guest star:

I wonder if June Squibb, Tim Conway and/or Billy Dee Williams will also get a BTS welcome to Glee?  Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Glorfindel on 4/29/2014, 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/29/2014, 12:52 pm

Glorfindel wrote:But the viewers will remember what happened in 5x16 (and before), so unless Glee surprises us with an exceptionally well written script (duh) Blaine's actions will probably come across as being very insincere and hypocrite.
And I wouldn't even mind that if it weren't for that we're supposed to be cheering and sighing of relief when Kurt forgives and takes that douchebag back in 5x20 after singing butchering another lovesong.  Evil or Very Mad 

People are still talking about how Blaine said straight out that he was more comfortable in their relationship when Kurt was in a weaker position. That bell can't be unrung. Whatever Blaine does now is going to be under a microscope. He's all for Kurt being happy and secure and successful, but only if he's more successful (so he can feel like the big man). I don't see any way that this can be resolved without making Blaine look bad. Now given that I have no problems with Blaine being revealed for the conceited asshole that he is, that doesn't bother me.

What does bother me is that it has to come at the expense of Kurt's self-esteem again. He's finally getting happy and comfortable and confident with himself as a performer and a man and now that all going to get thrown under the bus. There's no need for it and I'm really fed up with Kurt being treated at best like an afterthought and at worst a tool to be used to tell other characters stories.

Jellyrolls wrote:Another BTS for a guest star:

Is it my imagination, for does this guy remind anyone of Ryan Murphy (the slimeball). Rachel is, of course, suitably awful in the reading but they'll all love her anyway.

And way to go... taking The Rose and using it as a throwaway solo for Rachel. It could have been used a lot better and not just for her to overemote some more.

I wonder if June Squibb, Tim Conway and/or Billy Dee Williams will also get a BTS welcome to Glee?  Rolling Eyes

I'm not holding my breath because none of them are for Rachel's or Blaine's storylines. I'm fully expecting all of the BTS promo to center on Darren (even though he's not going to have any major part). Why should any of the promo work focus on Chris? After all... he only wrote the damn episode.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/29/2014, 12:55 pm

sheny wrote:From SM's interview with TV Line

TVLINE | Does June have any ulterior motives in working with Blaine?

You know, I’ve tried to figure this out. She’s 80 years old, and here’s this 27-year-old kid that she’s taking under her wing; I have to ask, “How far under does it go?” I haven’t gotten time to ask that question, but it is in my heart and in my mind.

TVLINE | How does Kurt feel about June taking Blaine under her wing, however far under that may be?

Well, she only wants [Blaine] to be the star, and the man that he’s in love with, Blaine wants him to be part of what June is doing. And that’s another thing; I was very interested in the genderfication of the set. It’s so wonderfully homogenized. You don’t know who’s gay, who’s straight, who’s transitioning — all this wonderful stuff that the young people are experimenting with.

source

A 27 year old kid? Well, Darren, might be 27, but Blaine is only like 19!

What exactly is her point in the second question?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/29/2014, 1:07 pm

Ranwing wrote:Rachel is, of course, suitably awful in the reading but they'll all love her anyway.

I was shocked by how awful she was in that reading. I always got the impression that Rachel couldn't dance but was a talented actress and singer? blinkk 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/29/2014, 1:14 pm

Ranwing wrote:Is it my imagination, for does this guy remind anyone of Ryan Murphy (the slimeball). Rachel is, of course, suitably awful in the reading but they'll all love her anyway.
It's not just your imagination, Wendy.
They're not even trying to hide it, are they?  Rolling Eyes

I also agree with you that they squandered 'The Rose' for using it only as an audition piece.

And even so: 'Not The Boy Next Door', 'I'm The Greatest Star', 'Being Alive' and 'I'm Still Here' were all also 'only' audition pieces for Kurt Hummel, but he made them resonate and connect with what his character was going through at the moment or his life in general.
With powerful lyrics like the ones 'The Rose' has Lea should be able to connect them to Rachel's life too, but (having heard the audio already) I doubt that will happen.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/29/2014, 3:07 pm

Yikes it may be worse than I thought as far as the Shirley McClaine character aka Octogenarian Tina:

MacLaine said she and her character are a bit alike. “I appreciate those aspects of her, yeah definitely,” she said. “I think I would be a little bit more understanding of some of the problems that they young people go through in relation to wanting to be there for each other. She likes to say, ‘No, you’re the star. You’re not.’ I could never do that.”

So I guess they are going to set it up that this respected old talent whisperer sees superstar talent in Blaine and not in Kurt.  So Blaine is going to be "nobly" fighting for Kurt to be included and the old Tina will tell him like it is, that only some are gifted enough to make it and that short list doesn't include Kurt.

So I guess "Tested" was just a bone to then quickly put Kurt firmly behind Blaine in the spotlight again.   Shocked

It could even be worse than WSS, at least then you could say that part of the perception was due to the small town close mindedness of Artie, Emma and Beistie and how they viewed Kurt.  Now a respected ex actress icon and experienced NY socialite is going to say the same thing but pinpoint down to Blaine being more "star" talented than Kurt.
They may have actually turned New York into a new version of Lima, Ohio.  Shocked 

Last edited by Buenos on 4/29/2014, 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/29/2014, 3:11 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 32 Tumblr_n4swzthfsq1s57bimo1_500

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  YaoiChick 4/29/2014, 3:26 pm

Buenos wrote:Yikes it may be worse than I thought as far as the Shirley McClaine character aka Octogenarian Tina:

MacLaine said she and her character are a bit alike. “I appreciate those aspects of her, yeah definitely,” she said. “I think I would be a little bit more understanding of some of the problems that they young people go through in relation to wanting to be there for each other. She likes to say, ‘No, you’re the star. You’re not.’ I could never do that.”

So I guess they are going to set it up that this respected old talent whisperer sees superstar talent in Blaine and not in Kurt.  So Blaine is going to be "nobly" fighting for Kurt to be included and the old Tina will tell him like it is, that only some are gifted enough to make it and that short list doesn't include Kurt.

So I guess "Tested" was just a bone to then quickly put Kurt firmly behind Blaine in the spotlight again.   Shocked

It could even  be worse than WSS, at least then you could say that part of the perception was due to the small town close mindedness of Artie, Emma and Beistie and how they viewed Kurt.  Now a respected ex actress icon  and experienced  NY socialite is going to say the same thing but pinpoint down to Blaine being more "star" talented than Kurt.
They may have actually turned New York into a new version of Lima, Ohio.   Shocked 

Honestly, this show loves to raise my blood pressure. Kurt deserves so much better than this. And I wouldn't put it past glee to have her say it right to Kurts face that he's not a star. And knowing what she said about Chris, this just enrages me even more  rentine 
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

http://ukeobsessed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 4/29/2014, 3:31 pm

Omfg. They have her doing a live tweet. I am going into hibernation and never coming out.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/29/2014, 3:44 pm

There are a huge number of problems with this storyline, but I'm going to cling to a scrap of hope here. June is one character singling Blaine out for stardom - this after Blaine has failed thus far to excel at NYADA (where Kurt is excelling). Yes, she can open doors for him and maybe give him a boost, but that doesn't mean that Kurt is forever barred from finding success in his own right. This is one woman's tastes, not the universal theater world. So while I am sure that I will be furious watching this ep, and my blood pressure is certain to skyrocket, I'm going to keep in the back of my mind that while this idiot elderly Tina won't help Kurt, she can't stand in the way of finding success on his own. And he'll be able to do it without some idiot rich woman with a tin ear smoothing the way for him.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/29/2014, 3:55 pm

Ranwing wrote:There are a huge number of problems with this storyline, but I'm going to cling to a scrap of hope here. June is one character singling Blaine out for stardom - this after Blaine has failed thus far to excel at NYADA (where Kurt is excelling). Yes, she can open doors for him and maybe give him a boost, but that doesn't mean that Kurt is forever barred from finding success in his own right. This is one woman's tastes, not the universal theater world. So while I am sure that I will be furious watching this ep, and my blood pressure is certain to skyrocket, I'm going to keep in the back of my mind that while this idiot elderly Tina won't help Kurt, she can't stand in the way of finding success on his own. And he'll be able to do it without some idiot rich woman with a tin ear smoothing the way for him.

Thanky you Ranwing, I needed that!!

It's been shown recently that NYADA's Carmen Tibeduex appreciates Kurt's talents and the combat class guys do too!! tonguue 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/29/2014, 3:57 pm

Only 8 more days for Chris' penned Glee episode!

bounce bounce bounce 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/29/2014, 3:57 pm

Glee on Fox tweeted:

#Klaine?  More like Shirley MaKLAINE Wink

And then put in a link to the sneak peak.

Gosh, I hate just about everything and everyone associated with Glee except for Chris right now.  Seriously, there is so much awfulness with Glee right now.  Chris is the only saving grace.

ETA: I can't believe that I didn't make the Klaine/MacClaine connection before this. Do you think RIB sat in a room thinking, "Who can we get to get to be the socialite in the Klaine storyline?" and someone said, "Shirley MaKLAINE"and that's why they cast her?

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 4/29/2014, 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/29/2014, 4:01 pm

Naya is gone.  :( 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/29/2014, 4:06 pm

Did they make an official announcement, Buenos?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 4/29/2014, 4:06 pm

Buenos wrote:Naya is gone.   :( 

Yep. That sucks. I just hope Chris wrote her meaty scenes for what is gonna be her last episode as Santana. I hope she'll be associated with good projects and that this whole mess won't hurt her carreer (well, unless she is a difficult person to work with, but unless the light is made on why she really left, we'll never know).

BTW, is the whole season completely wrapped up, or are they still shooting some scenes?
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/29/2014, 4:10 pm

Believe me, Buenos, I'm clinging to hope with my fingernails. I am enraged that, again, Kurt is going to be judged by someone as being deficient in some way. That he doesn't have "star" quality whereas Blaine does. This is a crock, of course, and it's one person's opinion. Kurt is still the one who gave a standout performance at Winter Showcase (when he wasn't even a NYADA student) and then at the critique. What this is being offered by SM's character is a shortcut. We don't know what it entails at this point, or what kind of devil's bargain Blaine will have to make for her help.

I'm often repulsed by the idea of someone being a "tastemaker" because that always implies that she's going to tell you what she thinks is good and expects everyone to agree with her. She's going to tell you what is good instead of you finding out what you like on your own. So she's going to try to force Blaine down people's throats. Which pretty much runs the course with Glee.

And I look at those who are superstars by today's standards (Brittany Spears, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Mylie Cyrus) and all of them are basically marginally talented people with a whole lot of hype and flash attached to them. Many lesser known names are infinately more talented but because they are more distinctive, don't often appeal to a less discerning audience. So to add Blaine to that minimally talented group that can be marketed to kids who wouldn't know a talented performer if he sat on their face to say hello? I can certainly buy that.

Last edited by Ranwing on 4/29/2014, 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/29/2014, 4:18 pm

This makes me really sad because her character provided so much balance for the others. I'm going to miss her presence on the show.

It totally sucks that whoever is running things couldn't wrangle the two actresses and have them behave and instead sacrified Naya in order to keep Lea happy. Her diva reputation is now pretty well cemented.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/29/2014, 4:42 pm

YaoiChick wrote:Honestly, this show loves to raise my blood pressure. Kurt deserves so much better than this. And I wouldn't put it past glee to have her say it right to Kurts face that he's not a star. And knowing what she said about Chris, this just enrages me even more  rentine 
Well, I don't know how else someone could say the words "No, you’re the star. You’re not." and not say it to someone's face.
Dammit.   orageux2 

Georgette888 wrote:Omfg. They have her doing a live tweet. I am going into hibernation and never coming out.
Oh, dear Lord. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 32 Hiding

Ranwing wrote:There are a huge number of problems with this storyline, but I'm going to cling to a scrap of hope here. June is one character singling Blaine out for stardom - this after Blaine has failed thus far to excel at NYADA (where Kurt is excelling). Yes, she can open doors for him and maybe give him a boost, but that doesn't mean that Kurt is forever barred from finding success in his own right. This is one woman's tastes, not the universal theater world. So while I am sure that I will be furious watching this ep, and my blood pressure is certain to skyrocket, I'm going to keep in the back of my mind that while this idiot elderly Tina won't help Kurt, she can't stand in the way of finding success on his own. And he'll be able to do it without some idiot rich woman with a tin ear smoothing the way for him.
Wouldn't it be great if Carmen Tibideaux and June Holloway got in an argument over who the most talented one of the 2 guys is, and Carmen (verbally) smacks June upside down on the head for rejecting Kurt?

(Yeah, I know it's Glee, so it won't happen.)

Jellyrolls wrote:Glee on Fox tweeted:

#Klaine?  More like Shirley MaKLAINE Wink
Really?  Shocked  Jeez.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/29/2014, 4:44 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 32 Tumblr_n4sz187zyd1qh5dyro1_500

So Kurt might not be a star to June Holloway, but they still need his/Chris' face to promote the episode.  dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 4/29/2014, 5:31 pm

Buenos wrote:Naya is gone.  :( 

If it is that Popwrapped piece that you are meaning as confirmation, I don't think it is reliable. They areknown for copying from other sources and pretending to have insiders, I have been told. So pinch of salt still.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/29/2014, 5:50 pm

Georgette888 wrote:

If it is that Popwrapped piece that you are meaning as confirmation, I don't think it is reliable. They areknown for copying from other sources and pretending to have insiders, I have been told. So pinch of salt still.

I hope so.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/29/2014, 5:51 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 32 Tumblr_n4sz187zyd1qh5dyro1_500

So Kurt might not be a star to June Holloway, but they still need his/Chris' face to promote the episode.  dryy

True,well I am not watching this episode at all.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next