Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

+28
angelnessa
mindschemez
ChrisColfersLightning
Vir Cotto
AnneNeville
MoviesAreLife
opals
kac
M&M
brisallie
Jellyrolls
Kurt addict
coxfire
Glorfindel
Buenos
Delight
tanita_mors
Lottie2303
Georgette888
sheny
valkeakuulas
Ireth
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Ranwing
Divalicious
bayth
32 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 17 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/19/2014, 1:50 am

ColferInspired wrote:

Chris is better because this is just a Barbara imitation.

I agree 100%.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 17 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  ColferInspired 4/19/2014, 2:15 am

I wanted Lea to sing it as Rachel playing Fanny not this.  :( 

Lea can do this, and I just wanted to hear her do this, not as another Barbara imitation.

I am sure Lea has been told this is how to play Rachel as a Barbara imitator doing "Funny Girl" is why I feel cheated.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 4/19/2014, 4:51 am

Thank you Glee for proving to me that Kurt truly is the Greatest Star of all and Chris is AMAZING and being an Original and not a copy cat  tonguue 
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/19/2014, 5:11 am

Tweeting during a show increases ratings for a show.

This was just pointed out by Fannibals (Hannibal fans) as they have been doing and Supernatural have been doing it like forever.

If we tweet during Chris's episode by tweeting #OlddogNewTricks and #ChrisColfer it will increase the ratings and also #Glee.

If no one puts #Glee or "BackUpPlan in their tweets if they still want to tweet about the episode these will not increase any ratings.

Blarren stans have been doing this repeatedly.

Tweet @RyanMurphy and others during Chris's episode. This is one way to increase ratings as well as watching the episode.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/19/2014, 7:43 am

I have to say that I had to turn off ITGS by the time I got to the coughing part. I just couldn't listen to it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/19/2014, 8:20 am

Sadly it is a bad imitation.  :( 

But it isn't Lea fault, so I wish they stop saying Chris is better, they should just stop having her trying to copy Barbara.

Yes, Chris's is better, but he wasn't doing an imitation of the original, his was unique and original. He was Kurt doing ITGS.

I wish they would put out the other songs.  dryy
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/19/2014, 9:46 am

sheny wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
It's more that he takes advantage of whatever comes his way to fight for Kurt and to subtly put himself out there in the industry, but always within the limits of his assignment/opportunity and by sharing the goodies (giving Artie and Sam a duet which will be their first, and probably giving the girls some songs)

It isn't Artie and Sam's first duet, they sang "Fire and Rain" together in "The Quaterback".
Oh damn, you're right! Stupid me. dryy 
And it was such a lovely duet too. Sad, but beautiful.

ColferInspired wrote:Sadly it is a bad imitation.  :( 

But it isn't Lea fault, so I wish they stop saying Chris is better, they should just stop having her trying to copy Barbara.

Yes, Chris's is better, but he wasn't doing an imitation of the original, his was unique and original. He was Kurt doing ITGS.

I wish they would put out the other songs.  dryy
So, anyone who still says that Lea/Rachel is not imitating Barbra at all can kindly go sit down now.  Evil or Very Mad

I don't know if this is Lea's doing or RIB (Ryan's?), but all this Barbra-fying is not doing her any favors: IATGS is beautifully and skillfully sung, so kudos to Lea, but it's a clear imitation of Barbra, and on top of that it's really not as great as the original.

Pure music technically speaking Chris' version wasn't better (nor worse btw), but it was his own version with his own interpretation and Kurt's personality in it, and that (for me) lifts it miles above Lea's version.
I agree that comparing the 2 is kind of useless because of the difference between own interpretation and a clear imitation (was Chris given more freedom in recording?), because of Chris not having a female voice like Lea, because of Kurt not playing the role of Fanny whereas Rachel is. But it's also quite inevitable that people will compare the 2, so as a Kurtsie I'm at least glad that Chris can hold his own in this upteenth Rachel/Kurt diva-off in the fandom.  fanny2 

Lea really should think about making different acting/singing choices, because this constant trying of Ryan (and herself?) to turn her into a (cheaper) Barbra clone is not good for her career imo.
I'm starting to think that that image of Ryan in his basement (watching Barbra movies while holding a Lea picture to his chest) is true.  Razz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/19/2014, 11:00 am

I'm not going to get into who sang it better, but I will say that I wasn't particularly impressed by this version. It was okay, but that's it. It's not a standout Rachel solo and as others have said, you don't get any sense of Rachel (or rather, how Rachel translates this song and character) in the performance. It is, as others have pointed out, a pretty hollow imitation of Barbra's version. And given that this is supposed to be the climax of her multi-season story arc leading her to her Broadway debut, it's pretty blah.

I don't know why it feels so lackluster to me, and if I'm totally honest, I'd feel this way even if I wasn't mentally comparing it to Kurt's version. I'm trying very hard to ignore that Kurt ever sang this sing and that there's not an earlier version to compare to. I want to judge this song on it's own merits and I just find it pretty dull. I don't know if this is due to how Lea is being directed to perform or her own acting choices, but it does feel like a cheap copy of Barbra's and not a performance that demands that the audience pay attention to this particular singer because she's a star.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/19/2014, 11:57 am

5.20 song spoiler

Glitter In The Air sung by Rachel Berry –  original by P!nk

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/19/2014, 12:10 pm

I heard about that one. It's a gorgeous song and I'm sure that Lea will do beautifully with it. It will be a great song for her to finally be able to put Finn in the past and start moving forward.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/19/2014, 7:20 pm

sheny wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 17 Tumblr_n45jp5ezJE1r4ezfzo1_500
zac86henry Today’s job: drag a high maintenance, over paid actress around in a $700 dress… ✔️

Looks like dog-walking gone wrong . . .

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/19/2014, 7:27 pm

Buenos wrote:I think the flying around could mean  the senior citizens  get a fantasy where they are young again, reminds me somewhat of an old Twilight Zone episode, "Kick the bucket".

Sounds like Peter in Peter Pan to me, though . . . Perhaps both at once?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/19/2014, 7:51 pm

^ it should be peter/kurt/chris alone flying around.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/20/2014, 11:11 am

chris/lea doing "i am the greatest star"

http://sebtaire.tumblr.com/post/83232028434
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/20/2014, 11:28 am

I'm sorry but that sounds like a Tim Burton nightmare scene from one of his animations.  moque Two characters in some weird world.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/20/2014, 11:58 am

Another Rachel solo for 5x17

Lovefool (Glee Cast Version)

Last edited by sheny on 4/21/2014, 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/20/2014, 12:08 pm

I get that Rachel is going to be the singular focus of Opening Night, but an entire episode of little more than Rachel solos? That's going to be something of a bore. And I really doesn't help the fact that I hated the original version of Lovefool so it would take a miracle for me to like this and Lea's version is really a note for note copy of the original. Same arrangement, tone and inflection of the original.

Last edited by Ranwing on 4/20/2014, 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/20/2014, 3:48 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Buenos wrote:I think the flying around could mean  the senior citizens  get a fantasy where they are young again, reminds me somewhat of an old Twilight Zone episode, "Kick the bucket".

Sounds like Peter in Peter Pan to me, though . . .  Perhaps both at once?

it does sound like Peter Pan to me too, Maybe, though Chris is a fan of the old Twilight Zone TV series and he is paying tribute to it in some way in his episode.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/20/2014, 3:53 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:I'm sorry but that sounds like a Tim Burton nightmare scene from one of his animations.  moque Two characters in some weird world.
The songs are not in the same key, so that causes the very grating sound. Ugh, my ears.  Mad

My comment on 'Lovefool' is  Sleep  sleepp 
The sound effects on her voice are so irritating. Lea's voice reacts badly to artificial tweeking: it's at its best au naturel.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/20/2014, 4:27 pm

it seams that my sarcastic description for "opening night" couldn't have been more spot on

Rachel Berry becomes a STAR !!!! Shocking isn't it. Not. All Rachel all the time. Don't know what to do with myself. (I'd put a "rolling my eyes" smily in here if I could) That's how excidted for this episode I am. And YOU ????
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/20/2014, 4:34 pm

we all know that RB will be a star. it's written in her contract. no star, no glee. just like klaine is to be end game. well, finchel would be end game too if not for cory's sudden passing. glee is all about repeating a set formula again and again. nothing is unexpected.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/20/2014, 6:29 pm

The sad thing is that I don't think anyone here is actually rooting against Rachel at some point achieving stardom. But to do it so quickly and with no real significant challenges along the way really strips all of the drama from her storyline. I've said it before that it's no fun to root for a horserace where there's only one horse on the track and the outcome in preordained. By not giving Rachel any real setbacks or challenges on her way, the whole thing is just a big yawn. This week's episode is just going to be the characters going through the motions because there's no question of Rachel being a huge success. She'll whine about how much pressure is on her and that the world wants her to fail (because apparently the world has nothing better to do), everyone will prop her up and massage her ego some more (because she's so special) and she'll be a hit.  sleepp
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/20/2014, 6:45 pm

glee is a fantasy. everybody succeeds. even kurt succeeds in getting a creepy boyfriend if not much else.  dryy
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/20/2014, 8:05 pm

fantastica wrote:glee is a fantasy. everybody succeeds. even kurt succeeds in getting a creepy boyfriend if not much else.  dryy

Truth be told, Kurt's Vogue internship storyline was absolutely ridiculous, too.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 4/20/2014, 8:25 pm

How many Solos is Rachel gonna get this Tuesday?!  dryy 

5.17 “Opening Night” DL: Right-click » “Save Link As…”

I’m the Greatest Star (Glee Cast Version) Rachel Solo ITGS
Lovefool (Glee Cast Version) Rachel Solo Love Fool
NYC (Glee Cast Version) Schue Sue Duet (?) NYC
Pumpin Blood (Glee Cast Version) Rachel Solo Pumpin Blood
Who Are You Now (Glee Cast Version) Rachel Duet, with like 80% Rachel WAYK

ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next