Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

+28
angelnessa
mindschemez
ChrisColfersLightning
Vir Cotto
AnneNeville
MoviesAreLife
opals
kac
M&M
brisallie
Jellyrolls
Kurt addict
coxfire
Glorfindel
Buenos
Delight
tanita_mors
Lottie2303
Georgette888
sheny
valkeakuulas
Ireth
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Ranwing
Divalicious
bayth
32 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 18 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Ranwing 4/20/2014, 8:30 pm

I have no issue with Rachel getting the A storyline this week. I do, however, have an issue with her having the only storyline this week. It's not like everyone else's lives are totally on hold just because Rachel is making her debut.

Really have little desire to watch this week and basically have everyone there only to be props for Rachel.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 18 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  M&M 4/20/2014, 8:35 pm

Ranwing wrote:I have no issue with Rachel getting the A storyline this week. I do, however, have an issue with her having the only storyline this week. It's not like everyone else's lives are totally on hold just because Rachel is making her debut.

Really have little desire to watch this week and basically have everyone there only to be props for Rachel.

Sadly I am not surprised. I won't be watching live and I will most likely only download the Kurt only edit. It makes me all the more trepidacious about episode 20. I think next year will definitely seem like a spin off for Rachel. I get that she is the star of the show, but having her get this and everyone being there to cheer her on and then having her go to LA, most likely for everyone to cheer her on, it will be unwatchable, imo.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/20/2014, 8:55 pm

In the promo Kurt is singing on "Pumpin Blood".

No Blaine this week.

Guess this episode could be Blaine light, which will be one benefit of watching.  neutre

Will and Sue both have storylines, so it won't be all Rachel.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/20/2014, 8:58 pm

M&M wrote:
Ranwing wrote:I have no issue with Rachel getting the A storyline this week. I do, however, have an issue with her having the only storyline this week. It's not like everyone else's lives are totally on hold just because Rachel is making her debut.

Sadly I am not surprised. I won't be watching live and I will most likely only download the Kurt only edit. It makes me all the more trepidacious about episode 20. I think next year will definitely seem like a spin off for Rachel. I get that she is the star of the show, but having her get this and everyone being there to cheer her on and then having her go to LA, most likely for everyone to cheer her on, it will be unwatchable, imo.

Agree, The only episode  I plan  on watching live is  Chris' episode. It is unlikely I will be watching  season 6. Especially if Kurt is married to Blaine and especially  if Kurt ends up being a househusband.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/20/2014, 9:01 pm

is kurt lip-singing or actually singing (w/ his voice audible) on the promo?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/20/2014, 9:09 pm

fantastica wrote:is kurt lip-singing or actually singing (w/ his voice audible) on the promo?

I think audible, but can't be sure.  saispa
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/20/2014, 9:39 pm

he may be in the chorus a little bit, but it's so heavily processed that i can't really tell.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/20/2014, 9:43 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
fantastica wrote:is kurt lip-singing or actually singing (w/ his voice audible) on the promo?

I think audible, but can't be sure.  saispa
Imo he's lipsynching, but there's a lot of tweeking going on in that song in the promo, so not 100% sure.

Wow, how boring to have all but 1 song in an episode basically be Rachel songs. 
Sleep  sleepp

Jane Lynch's voice has really improved a lot. I guess being on Broadway for a few months helps to train those singing muscles.  fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/20/2014, 9:56 pm

ColferInspired wrote:In the promo Kurt is singing on "Pumpin Blood".

No Blaine this week.

Guess this episode could be Blaine light, which will be one benefit of watching.  neutre

Will and Sue both have storylines, so it won't be all Rachel.

As the text in bold: I'm glad they're having their storyline, but how much of it will be related to Rachel? Foremost, they came to NY to her opening night.

Overall I'm not mad that Rachel is having the only plot in the following episode, is been said for seasons she's the star of the show and lots of things are about her. So my current feeling is I don't care. However, is quite probable that I'm watching the episode as is part of my routine now.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/20/2014, 10:05 pm

brisallie wrote:So my current feeling is I don't care. However, is quite probable that I'm watching the episode as is part of my routine now.

How sad is it that what is supposed to be the climax of a character's aspirations that have been building since the pilot are being met with collective yawns. We should care, and maybe had the writers made her storyline the least bit unpredictable or interesting we might. It's a waste of Lea since she's capable of a lot more and it's a waste of this chance to tell a good story. Rachel gets only one first debut and to do it in the manner that the show has chosen really squandered a serious opportunity to have her character evolve and grow.

Even though watching Glee is my routine, I just don't think I'll be watching live this week. There won't be nearly enough Kurt to keep me interested (and to see him do nothing except working on Rachel's behalf). I'll be angry about seeing Max brought back to prop up Rachel's story (which makes no sense since he has nothing to do with her for the whole time he was on the show). It's just not worth it. I'd rather sit through the mess that The Back Up Plan will turn into since at least Kurt will have a role in it about his own story and not existing merely to support La Berry.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/20/2014, 10:09 pm

Ranwing wrote:
brisallie wrote:So my current feeling is I don't care. However, is quite probable that I'm watching the episode as is part of my routine now.

How sad is it that what is supposed to be the climax of a character's aspirations that have been building since the pilot are being met with collective yawns. We should care, ...

haha, no we don't!  why should I care about a crappy show a/ a lame story? life is short. save your precious time and energy doing something better, such as nothing. nothing is better than fuming over a show that will never make us happy.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/20/2014, 10:59 pm

Ranwing wrote:..

How sad is it that what is supposed to be the climax of a character's aspirations that have been building since the pilot are being met with collective yawns...

That's the thing. For me Glee has reached the climax a little bit early, if this were the last season I'd would be fine with it as she has got her ideal role, her goals after she fought for it. But that didn't happen. And for we have read what's coming next is only success, so what's the struggle? As Kim has said, everything is so predictable.

As I've said my current mood is I don't care, I've listened to only two songs, and those are 'I'm the greatest star', and Lea sings well as usual, but I couldn't avoid to think in Barbra Streisand. Even I pictured the scene she sang this song.

The other is Lovefool because I love that song Smile so I wondered how was gonna be this version, and pretty much is similar to the original one. So all what I did was sing-along lol . But I can't imagine the context of this one, will she sing it to anyone?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/20/2014, 11:21 pm

When Rachel first started I was annoyed with her, but I grew to appreciate her drive, and while she was talented, her destination of fame was likely, but not pre-ordained like now.

Rachel's personal myopia is compounded by writers who feel that her being more diva than people on Broadway for twenty years is appropriate. Of course, these are the same writers who took 2+ years to notice that to many, Kurt is hotter than Blaine. The same writers who continue to laud Kurt as a talent, as long as it is not part of a competition, or would make someone else look less than stellar.

We want Glee to make sense, that there is a reason Rachel and Blaine are handed every success, and both still need Kurt to prop up and protect their egos. That either is a healthy relationship. Kurt is not innocent in this, his caretaking (and crap-taking) allows both Rachel and Blaine to remain emotionally draining children. He forgives far too easily, even being cheated on, or dumped as a bestie when he disagrees with her, so why worry about the consequences of losing Kurt. You just wait a while, act needy, and he caves. All three would be happier (and us) if Kurt would dump both until they grow up and stay that way.

When Kurt gets a story he still has to share, five songs is too dang much of the same voice and over emotive singing. I won't watch this episode live, it is less irritating when I have the fast forward button as a back up plan. I am happy Will and Sue get a little something, even if they will probably be here to provide additional props to Rachel's ponderous ego. And so Sue can fall in love.

Forget "The devil made me do it", in our world we.get to blame Chris.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/21/2014, 6:17 pm

After listening to all the songs again...correction: after listening to appr. 30 seconds of every song before I got tired of them and turned them off... I can only say that none of the songs of 5x17 are interesting to me at all.
I guess the Matt/Jane duet is nice, but I don't really care about the song. The Lea/Jane duet is slightly special because it's such an odd combination of singers and Jane sounds so good on it, but again: I don't really care.

Besides basically only still watching Glee because Chris/Kurt is still in it and therefore not really being interested in the show when in an upcoming episode Kurt has only little screentime (not even expecting significant songs for him on a regular basis anymore), though I can still enjoy an episode that has lots of old cast dynamics, I find that an all Rachel episode with 4 out of 5 songs featuring her is just not satisfying to me, and I'm very tempted not to watch.

Sure Rachel is the star, but Glee still originally is an ensemble show. Up untill now, even in episodes where Rachel had the A-plot and sometimes was also involved with the B- or C-plot, the other kid characters at least got a song or 2 to divide between them and a seperate C-plot storyline. This episode is just overkill with the Rachel songs, and looking at the spoilers the other characters will be basically just there to prop her up and to be her worshipping audience.   Mad 

I understand this is Rachel's big episode, her opening night on Broadway, so she should have the main focus in songs (though not 4 out of 5), but first of all it's not like RIB have really built up to this moment in an ideal way. It's as @Ranwing said: it's sad how many people are 'meh' about this pivotal moment for Rachel because the storyline was handled so badly and.....boring.
This episode almost feels like an anticlimax, certainly when you consider the spoilers for the next episodes, when Rachel already is bored with Fanny and deliberately damages the musical and her reputation because she wants even bigger and better.
Rachel is not very greatful to the opportunities given to her.  dryy 

And secondly: if those 4 songs Rachel is singing are all from 'Funny Girl' or directly related to it I could understand her having so many songs (still wouldn't like it, but that's another matter), but at least 2 of the songs she's singing could have very easily been a group number, especially 'Pumpin Blood'.
Or they could have added another (group) song just to throw the other characters and their fans a bone, as not only Rachel fans are watching Glee.

On top of that: the song choices are 'meh' as well.

I see a lot of resentment in the fandom because of this overlkill, and it's a pity because this is indeed all that's Rachel been working for in the past 5 seasons. This was her big journey, but now that the moment has arrived half of the fans (the non-Rachel fans) won't even bother watching, and the big moment has already been undermined and sabotaged by RIB themselves because they overdid the Rachel worship and also because this peak for Rachel will be followed by her being willing to throw it all away for the next special snowflake opportunity.

These writers really don't know how to plan and pace things.
Constant overkill of a select few characters and (repeated) storylines is one of the worst faults of this show, and it's why so many fans are bitter now and turned off from those characters.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/21/2014, 6:22 pm

New, short summary of 5x19:

GLEE (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) – “Old Dog New Tricks”
In an episode written by series star Chris Colfer, Rachel attempts to salvage her reputation among Broadway gossipers, by hiring Santana as her publicist and creating a charity for rescue animals. Meanwhile, Kurt (Colfer) nabs the lead role in a retirement home production of “Peter Pan.”
x

And ugh  Mad , the 5x20 one:

In the Season Five finale, Rachel meets a famous television writer (guest star Kristen Schaal), whose eccentric personality catches Rachel off guard. Meanwhile, Sam (Chord Overstreet) and Mercedes deal with the pressure of commitment as their careers take off, and the time has finally come for Blaine’s big showcase with June Dolloway (guest star Shirley MacLaine) at NYADA.
x
So all Kurt's role will be in the season's finale is being the lesser half of Klaine again. dryy(unless there's some major twist)

Oh, and take this with heaps of salt (I can't find a source), but if it's true I'll cut a bitch:
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 18 Tumblr_n4ee4uJXJm1qcbsolo1_500

Last edited by Glorfindel on 4/21/2014, 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/21/2014, 6:39 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
And ugh  Mad , the 5x20 one:

In the Season Five finale, Rachel meets a famous television writer (guest star Kristen Schaal), whose eccentric personality catches Rachel off guard. Meanwhile, Sam (Chord Overstreet) and Mercedes deal with the pressure of commitment as their careers take off, and the time has finally come for Blaine’s big showcase with June Dolloway (guest star Shirley MacLaine) at NYADA. And Kurt will be on the sidelines watching and cheer all of his craptastic friends and his manipulative dirtbag boyfriend achieve their dreams.
x
So all Kurt's role will be in the season's finale is being the lesser half of Klaine again. dryy(unless there's some major twist)

I added in the line they forgot to add.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/21/2014, 6:44 pm

Glorfindel wrote:...

Oh, and take this with heaps of salt (I can't find a source), but if it's true I'll cut a bitch:
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 18 Tumblr_n4ee4uJXJm1qcbsolo1_500

Thanks for the warning, but is late. When I saw this I couldn't contain my anger...just... why Kurt has to move on to LA? What about Nyada? His dreams? I know this is only a rumour and I should calm down, but I've read some comments this actually will be good for Glee as it will help it with their budget, as it been said they don't have as much as before.

I...for the moment I don't know what to think.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/21/2014, 6:51 pm

This would be terrible, if done as it is...Kurt just dropping everything without a reason and moving yet again to a new city without anything. Kurt who was adamant that Rachel should not drop out of college, he would now drop out himself and do nothing?

I know it can be a bogus spoiler because as customary the original press release doesn't even remember that Kurt is in the show.

So I guess the whole point of the latter half of this season is to built Kurt up and then give him nothing, just like season 3 did. It would be very, very hard to accept this kind of demotion. Even if Kurt would get a fabulous opportunity I really can't imagine him leaving NYADA without a degree.

I'm really wierded and grossed out by these spoilers today.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/21/2014, 6:54 pm

I am done with Glee. I will watch the episode Chris wrote but then I am done.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/21/2014, 6:58 pm

After reading the spoilers for episode 20. I almost wish the Russia rumor was true.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/21/2014, 7:01 pm

How do they manage with every spoiler to create so much more rage??!  antifana 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/21/2014, 7:04 pm

^Lol, no shit.  Mad 

So, I found the source of that spoiler. The last comment is from gleekto:

[Spoilers for season finale] Rachel and Blaine are moving to los angeles, Kurt and Blaine don't break up but they agree on not getting married until they are in the same city. At the end of the episode Kurt decides to go with Blaine.
You don't have to believe in me but i don't know if you follow the tumblr user gleekto, if you do, i'm the only who gave her the spoilers about elliot and blaine.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 18 Anonymous_avatar_24Anonymous

darrenecriss:
I guess we’ll just have to wait and see… for obvious reasons, I’m taking this with a huge grain of salt, but if true, it’d be interesting to see how that pans out.

So it’s true that an anon gave me the spoilers about Elliott and Blaine ( I said that in my post - the spoilers were from an anon). I confirmed aspects of those spoilers with Gi at that time - but there were parts that were not true (namely, in addition to saying that Elliott tells Blaine that he’s not interested in Kurt in that way and that everyone sees how much Kurt loves Blaine  - all true) - the anon also told me that Elliott talked to Blaine about starting a new band because PL didn’t work out and him hoping that goes well (Gi didn’t confirm that part, so I didn’t spoil it because apparently, not true).
So that anon - if this is the same one - had some spoilers and gave some foilers. 
If you are the same anon, I am HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS of these spoilers. I urge anyone reading them to use PILES of salt. I actually think this entire thing is probably not true. SO SALT. 
As I like to say - Lot’s wife.
If the spoilers are true that might be the final nail in the coffin when it comes to Glee for me: I will NOT watch Kurt throw everything he has in New York away for Blaine.  :angry: 

But I'll hold my rage untill this is confirmed.

I really hope it's not true, because this idea is making me physically ill. vomir
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/21/2014, 7:09 pm

I still have some hope the Peter Pan musical is a connection to the NBC musical. Kurt remaining in NYC (maybe with Santana) would mean much more limited screentime, but Chris getting more opportunity to do outside projects. Ryan very clearly is interested in the new "golden trio", who to be fairly, all would fit very well in L.A.

But well, all my wistful thinking. I also daydream about Bryan Fueller casting him in Hannibal as serial killer. My thoughts usually do not tend to be true anyway  Razz 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/21/2014, 7:10 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:How do they manage with every spoiler to create so much more rage??!  antifana 

No idea, but they somehow do. :angry: Evil or Very Mad
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/21/2014, 8:38 pm

@Lottie, those are good dreams. If they help you to going through the rage that Glee provokes, keep dreaming Smile

Overall, I've noticed that people are not so happy with this new spoiler as they feel all the struggles Kurt and well Rachel had to get to NY and get into NYADA were nothing. Personally I think exactly the same, but by other side and as way to not buy ticket and stab the writers, I'm holding onto this idea that is better to wait until June/July for any confirmation.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next