Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

+28
angelnessa
mindschemez
ChrisColfersLightning
Vir Cotto
AnneNeville
MoviesAreLife
opals
kac
M&M
brisallie
Jellyrolls
Kurt addict
coxfire
Glorfindel
Buenos
Delight
tanita_mors
Lottie2303
Georgette888
sheny
valkeakuulas
Ireth
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Ranwing
Divalicious
bayth
32 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 16 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  M&M 4/17/2014, 8:59 pm

Buenos wrote:Wow.. so a Rachel goes from Broadway star to potential TV star, Blaine is being taken under the wing of a rich socialite to groom him to be a superstar, (I am so thrilled they might make fucking Shirley McClaine an octogenarian Tina) and Mercedes and Santana may be going for big Label recording careers.

Who's missing here?

Not that I necessarily need Kurt to match these unrealistic success scenarios but I don't want him short changed as far as showing his career plans and efforts. If they SHOW onscreen Kurt working and getting a small off Broadway role in repertory company I would be happy.

Doubt it though.

Supposedly things are shaken up in the season ending 5.20, I would be shocked if there is a career opportunity set up for Kurt.

I don't think we will see much in the way of career development for Kurt this season. The show always seems to build to a story for him and we never get the conclusion (We need you to win Nationals... and Kurt never gets a competition solo; Kurt losing constantly in season 3 only to kill his audition... and still doesn't get into NYADA). It bugs me because it seems that the show is only realistic when it applies to Kurt. Everyone else is handed things and yet Kurt has to work hard and audition and try different things and make connections and still not get anything because hey, it wouldn't be realistic if everyone was a superstar.

I hate this show.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 16 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Buenos 4/17/2014, 9:07 pm

The writers make it worse because they spell out to the audience they know precisely what they are doing.  

In "Perry or Gaga" Kurt doubts he's going to get mainstream success but just be reduced to the supporting gay sidekick,  upon which the writers then proceed to continue to write him that way.

Now they reference him being a big man at NYADA but it doesn't seem to lead anywhere. In the context of how he's used it's almost an insult when in "Bash" Rachel babbles that Kurt is the most insanely talented person she's ever known.

Now with Elliot /Dani gone I doubt we'll see his band again.

Don't need him to be a superstar but they can't give him one leading SL in any episode this year.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 4/17/2014, 9:29 pm

Distant Melody from Peter Pan?

Yes, I agree, Buenos & M&M. His SL (or lack of follow through is incredibly frustrating. How many eps of S3 did I watch in anticipation and then growing, dawning realisation that the IAU storyline was never going anywhere? That was when I began to hate Glee. Sigh.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/17/2014, 9:33 pm

It's painfully hard to be optimistic that Kurt will ever get anything really good happening with his storyline. Rationally, I know that not everyone is going to be instantly successful right out of school and if I'm not trying to compare Kurt's storyline to Rachel's and Blaine's (who the writers are literally falling over themselves to give overblown rewards to), he's not doing badly at all. He's already ahead of 99% of the kids who aspire to a performing career. But when you look at Rachel's absolutely meteoric rise and Blaine again being the one chosen between the two of them for a boost, it sucks. There's no other way to look at it.

The show is not only doing a disservice to Kurt and his fans, but to all the kids who watch Glee and dream of being a singer or actor. The way Glee makes it out, if you don't gain immediate success, you are a total failure. That dedication and perseverance in the face of adversity are nice personal traits, but meaningless if you take the belief that those who truly deserve success will get it immediately and with little effort.

I don't know what the show is going to do in the season finale. We do know that Rachel is going to have a pretty significant stumble (of her own making). We don't know how this socialite character is actually going to play out. Perhaps I might be more optimistic that something good will come to Kurt, but unfortunately Glee's track record just make this difficult to swallow.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/17/2014, 9:36 pm

chris is a bit of a miracle. in teh beginning nobody thought he would break out. fox executive Dana something said that they were all very surprised that he became so popular. they probably still think it was some kind of anomaly. i remember many people especially in the beginning said that chris would not get any roles outside of glee, and could never play someone other than a fem gay. they never realized what this boy could do.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/17/2014, 9:42 pm

Here's the thing: whether Rachel or even Blaine succeeds or stumbles, the show will give them a full blown SL per their careers.

I would guess we'll get a full blown Samcedes mini arc romance for the concluding episode also.

Kurt may be in every NY episode but so far he isn't given anything 'meaty' to chew on; he reacts most of the time to the other actors' SL's. "Bash " wasn't about him nor was he the focus of "Tested" it was all about Blaine's manpain.

And for all the ass lickers who bitch and moan about Kurt "always" crying, it's Blaine who's been fucking crying and sobbing for nearly two years yet surprise they never bitch about that.  coool 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/17/2014, 11:29 pm

Kurt is being used to service Rachel and Blaine's stories, but Kurt comes out on top looking better than them and with character development, so in some way they are servicing Kurt's development.

I believe Kurt has a story but it is slow developing.

Rachel and Blaine's are rushed with no thought process put into them and gives neither characters development.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 4/18/2014, 12:01 am

Buenos wrote:
mindschemez wrote:^i think since joaquin tweeted it was a kurt performance being filmed, so possibly his ep. But hopefully he sings in the finale too!

-the summary for his ep sounds great. Peter pan cant be a coincidence!

The reason I thought it might be for the finale is that Lea also tweeted yesterday that she had just recorded her last singing session for the season with the Anders, and we know she sings (of course) in Episode 5.20.

But yea, it could be the singing session was for 5.19.  We'll find out soon enough.

Actually you might be right. I thought Lea tweeting meant thatthey were in the beginning phases of recording, but it looks like the studio singers posted a picture saying they're wrapped for the season.

but i will take singing in both eps!

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/18/2014, 12:57 am

Kurt is written so the audience are on his side, but Blaine is written as an a*hole and each week more and more are hating him, and Klainers are jumping ship and are going back to only adoring Kurt, and hating Blaine.

If the writers wanted everyone to love Blaine, wouldn't they be writing it that he isn't a a*hole and make Kurt the bad one?

Even the media are on Kurt's side.

Kurt is the hero in the show and the hero always wins, which is why none of this makes any sense.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/18/2014, 2:20 am

ColferInspired wrote:Kurt is written so the audience are on his side, but Blaine is written as an a*hole and each week more and more are hating him, and Klainers are jumping ship and are going back to only adoring Kurt, and hating Blaine.

I really don't think the writers are competent enough to be attempting that.  I think it's a case that they want to give Blaine a "meaty" SL and they honestly think this is a good way of having conflict and drama in the Klaine relationship.  This are the same writers who soured so many fans on Finchell so that even hardcore  shippers turned  against the relationship, yet if Cory hadn't died  the writers were resolved to make them soulmate endgame.

Finn was thrown under the bus so many times, and yet the writers thought it was Finn being a "leader".  I half think the writers think Blaine's insecurities show how much he truly loves Kurt.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/18/2014, 3:35 am

With the way Blaine had been written, especially in the most recent episode 'Tested', I honestly consider it to be the ultimate insult for Kurt to be shackled to this immature kid as his soulmate/endgame partner on this show.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/18/2014, 3:51 am

Delight wrote:With the way Blaine had been written, especially in the most recent episode 'Tested', I honestly consider it to be the ultimate insult for Kurt to be shackled to this immature kid as his  soulmate/endgame partner on this show.

And that's the irony, as a Kurt fan I want Blaine to be written better as a character and not such a needy, whiney self centered asshole simply because I know that Kurt is going to end up with him in Glee's last episode. The worst they write Blaine, the more the writers throw Kurt under the bus by accepting they are soul mates.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/18/2014, 4:04 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 16 Tumblr_n47sh1pBxh1qe476yo1_500

ptdr ptdr ptdr 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 4/18/2014, 4:28 am

I just came to post that, Buenos! You beat me.  :-) Oh, Chris... I love you. WHY did it not occur to me that Peter Pan would mean wire work?!

ETA: Just as context: read the instagram it was a reply to. LMAO. Poor crew member knowing they are never getting that beer. Aww. http://instagram.com/p/m6vi4vTLsh/
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 4/18/2014, 5:20 am

ColferInspired wrote:Kurt is being used to service Rachel and Blaine's stories, but Kurt comes out on top looking better than them and with character development, so in some way they are servicing Kurt's development.

I believe Kurt has a story but it is slow developing.

Rachel and Blaine's are rushed with no thought process put into them and gives neither characters development.

That has been one of my major quip with the show, i.e. that there is no more story-arcs for their characters. Everything is quickly dealt in one episode, and, most of all, there is no sense that each character has his own personal journey. The show was too much focused on couple drama, and totally forgot that being in a RL is not all there is in someone's life (sometimes I feel that Glee tells me that if you are single, your life is not worth).

Rachel's SL is about her carrier, but I'd say by default, and handled in a horrible way, since there is no struggle.

But anyway, there is only one season left, and we don't even know if the 24 episodes are really on, considering the ratings. I'll still watch until the end (well, after checking over here if it is worth my time, thanks you guys Smile!!), but thankfully, I managed to get my expectations on such a low level when it comes to Glee and their treatment of Kurt, that I'm not even fazed by their abysmal writing anymore.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/18/2014, 7:15 am

Buenos wrote:
Delight wrote:With the way Blaine had been written, especially in the most recent episode 'Tested', I honestly consider it to be the ultimate insult for Kurt to be shackled to this immature kid as his  soulmate/endgame partner on this show.

And that's the irony, as a Kurt fan I want Blaine to be written better as a character and not such a needy, whiney self centered asshole simply because I know that Kurt is going to end up with him in Glee's last episode.   The worst they write Blaine, the more the writers throw Kurt under the bus by accepting they are soul mates.

I have the same thoughts as well.

I was getting quite irritated by how horrible a character Blaine had become, and when I analysed the real cause of my irritation, it came down to the fact that it ultimately becomes a disservice to Kurt as a character to have Blaine's douche-baggy behaviour expanded upon like that. Now, if it's the writers' intention to have Klaine separated for good, then I would be more than happy to accept the way they've written Blaine. But to have Blaine being portrayed so badly, and to have Kurt still consider Blaine to be this wonderful Prince Charming whom he would love forever and ever (because he doesn't think he deserves better) just gives me stress ulcers.

Buenos wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 16 Tumblr_n47sh1pBxh1qe476yo1_500

ptdr ptdr ptdr 

Chris is having entirely too much fun with his written episode. I wonder how much of his decision to have Kurt play Peter Pan came from a desire to swoop around in a flying harness  Razz 
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 4/18/2014, 8:26 am

And he's probely still flying those extras will never get home lol
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/18/2014, 12:02 pm

Agree 100%. Kurt deserves better.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/18/2014, 12:19 pm

I think the flying around could mean the senior citizens get a fantasy where they are young again, reminds me somewhat of an old Twilight Zone episode, "Kick the bucket".
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 4/18/2014, 2:51 pm

Coming after the discussion we have in the Tested thread, I can't help but think that Kurt will bring Blaine with him to sing in front of Shirley McLaine's character to help Blaine feel better about himself, and more "equal" with Kurt. And in the end, it'll come bite him in the ass, and Whiny Blainers will get what he wanted: be the center of attention. Wanker.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/18/2014, 3:45 pm

coxfire wrote:Coming after the discussion we have in the Tested thread, I can't help but think that Kurt will bring Blaine with him to sing in front of Shirley McLaine's character to help Blaine feel better about himself, and more "equal" with Kurt. And in the end, it'll come bite him in the ass, and Whiny Blainers will get what he wanted: be the center of attention. Wanker.

That's exactly wht I've been thinking. I'm sure that afterwards, Blaine will feel much better now that the universe has shifted things back to their proper places and he can be so "sympathetic" to Kurt for taking the opportunity that should rightfully have gone to him. beam
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/18/2014, 5:19 pm

When I read the description of Chris' episode I cheered so loudly, lol.  Smile
 hola  hola
He is so smart in taking every little opportunity to not only help/promote Kurt but also himself, but not in a "look at me" selfish and obnoxious way.
It's more that he takes advantage of whatever comes his way to fight for Kurt and to subtly put himself out there in the industry, but always within the limits of his assignment/opportunity and by sharing the goodies (giving Artie and Sam a duet which will be their first, and probably giving the girls some songs)

Leave it to Chris to write Kurt doing Peter Pan, including flying! I wonder if it's connected to the NBC musical end of this year. Exciting!
Kurt's storyline with the elderly people sounds really good. I wonder who will play the Maggie character.

I also love how he addresses a few things the Kurtsies have been grumbling about, like Kurt often being left out of the all girls performances too (e.g. Troubletones) and how the other NY characters get such quick successes compared to Kurt.

The Rachel storyline sounds like fun. It will probably be another Rachel needs to learn another lesson (maybe a demand from RIB?) but at least it sounds like fun (Broadway Bitches, lololol!) and it's the girls working together (and that's welcome after the last weeks' sausage fest).
I'm curious how Chris will write the girls, as he is so great in writing for female characters.

The Samcedes sounds like fun too, and it's 1000x better than virginity and/or racist issues.  Mad 

And hee: no Blaine or Klaine in the discription (and if Klainers whine about that: there have been many episode descriptions that had no Kurt).

Could the Peter Pan song Kurt will sing be 'I'm Flying'? (as it involves a flying harness)

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/19/2014, 1:23 am

Glorfindel wrote:
It's more that he takes advantage of whatever comes his way to fight for Kurt and to subtly put himself out there in the industry, but always within the limits of his assignment/opportunity and by sharing the goodies (giving Artie and Sam a duet which will be their first, and probably giving the girls some songs)

It isn't Artie and Sam's first duet, they sang "Fire and Rain" together in "The Quaterback".

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/19/2014, 1:28 am

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/19/2014, 1:37 am

Chris is better because this is just a Barbara imitation.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next