Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

+28
angelnessa
mindschemez
ChrisColfersLightning
Vir Cotto
AnneNeville
MoviesAreLife
opals
kac
M&M
brisallie
Jellyrolls
Kurt addict
coxfire
Glorfindel
Buenos
Delight
tanita_mors
Lottie2303
Georgette888
sheny
valkeakuulas
Ireth
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Ranwing
Divalicious
bayth
32 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 28 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Buenos 4/27/2014, 12:29 pm

As far as Klaine:  I find it hard to read too much into those short audio clips because we don't have the context of the dialogue within a scene.

However it does seem that Blaine isn't all that much invested in NYADA per how he seems to dismiss the other students.  Well I guess I'll just to have to actually watch the scene to make up my mind how it all plays out.

Now that's a revolutionary concept, actually seeing the scene before bursting an artery. coool 

It may work out that Kurt is thrown under the bus but if he is I  would think its more in making him appear stupid and beyond naive.  What actor given the chance to shine in a song before a potential sponsor deliberately turns it into a duet?  Seriously.  Kurt has expressed in the past his own craving for the spotlight/focus and he has his own healthy ego so it just is a stupid contrived SL to make him part with that spotlight.  

The song as recorded though may not even play out the same in the scene.  It may be more a split balanced duet like 'Love is a Battlefield" turned out to be, who knows?

While it could turn out that way, on what we have so far I think it's stretching to say Blaine deliberately tries to upstage Kurt in front of the socialite.  I suspect they will start singing and the socialite will take a liking to Blaine, like I said before an Octogenarian Tina. coool 

I do think that whatever happens Is going to cause tension in their relationship and Im sure Chris will convey the emotions wonderfully.

His singing in the song TSOML is great.   wub
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 28 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  fantastica 4/27/2014, 1:26 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
fantastica wrote:^ in reality, in hollywood there are more closeted gays than out gays. most out gays were either already established in their careers/old or never the "leading men" type.  i am actually happy that glee will cover this topic. hopefully blaine will never come out for "realism" so klaine can never be together (for my selfish wish).
Yes, but this is Broadway, not Hollywood. Blaine and Kurt are at a musical theatre program, and this June Holloway gets the talents she wants to push in Manhattan (as said in the clip) directly from NYADA. Gay performers are much more accepted on Broadway and musical theatre in general than they are in Hollywood and movies/tv. Realisticly (ha, it's Glee) there would be hardly any problem with Blaine being gay, not professionally anyway,...except if June Dolloway has personal plans with him that call for him to be straight.   Shocked 
And tbh I have the suspicion that Glee will go in that direction with this storyline: not the professional hiding in the closet, but the more private conditions June might place on Blaine, and if so it's so terribly gross. (Especially when you can basically imagine June being Ryan Murphy's avatar in this storyline, eww.)

ok I admit I haven't listened to the clips yet, because you told me it made you sick and i don't want to get sick.  Smile  i assumed that June would take blaine to hollywood hence my previous statement. it would tie in w/ the rumor that next year will center in LA.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/27/2014, 2:50 pm

fantastica wrote:ok I admit I haven't listened to the clips yet, because you told me it made you sick and i don't want to get sick.  Smile  i assumed that June would take blaine to hollywood hence my previous statement. it would tie in w/ the rumor that next year will center in LA.
Oh, it's still very possible that June somehow wants to make a star of Blaine in Hollywood, because Glee is simply that dumb, but so far they're setting June up as a New York based socialite, interested in (musical) theatre arts on Broadway.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/27/2014, 3:10 pm

^ June must be too old and has a crooked ear. blaine doesn't have a musical theater voice. he would be perfect playing alternatie/indie music in some hippy coffee shops. or he can be June's personal assistant singing to her whim.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/27/2014, 3:24 pm

It could be that June isn't grooming him for Broadway but more of a concert singer. Not so much because of Blaine's voice (which anyone with an iota of training would know has very significant deficiencies), but because of his stage presence and natural charisma. Plenty of very popular and successful performers were actually weak singers and were able to be sold in the right way (Brittany Spears, Justin Beiber, etc). And unlike Kurt, Blaine can be marketed as straight (even if he isn't) which would get the 12 year olds getting damp over him.

For me, this isn't looking like a case of Blaine being judged as being more talented than Kurt, but he's more marketable to a less discerning audience. Kurt is a rarified talent that isn't going to appeal to everyone (and I have no problem admitting that and love him all the more for it) while Blaine's greatest strength is that he can be sold as the dreamy guy that young girls swoon over. Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that Blaine is an ass for jumping in on Kurt's opportunity (which he did not earn himself) and then apparently not sweating too much over him being offered this big chance while Kurt is passed over. I think that for a lot of people this really pushes Blaine past the point of being redeemed.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/27/2014, 4:26 pm

does it matter if a concert artist is gay? adam lambert has no problem attracting any fans, or do you think he would have more fangurls if he's still closeted?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/27/2014, 6:11 pm

that doesn't change the fact that Blaine is an ass for jumping in on Kurt's opportunity

Yet Ranwing we dont' know that. Kurt in fact invites Blaine to sing with him, so it's the writers who set up the scenario. I think it too soon to rush to the conclusion that Blaine somehow "steals" Kurt's shot. The writers, not the character, set up that the socialite prefers Blaine.

I'm not going to rush to judge Kurt's BF yet until I see what transpires. I suspect that it's going to be the usual MO where the writers "cheat", ie again Blaine not intentionally steals the limelight but gets the prize anyways.

As to Kurt, I do think that the fact that he was selected to sing for the Octogenarian Tina shows that NYADA (and Carmen) does value him so that his talents and gifts are recognized. It's not Kurt's fault a doddering senile old woman doesn't appreciate his talents.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/27/2014, 6:26 pm

One thing I think we tend to forget is that while Darren is a mediocre singer and weak actor, in canon, Blaine is not. Since Blaine was introduced, he has been written as a superior talent to everyone--the star of the Warblers as a sophomore, the guy who could get the very same bullies who threw food at the new directions to stop and watch him sing. In canon, Blaine is a talent who people cheer for when he opens his mouth. Canon Blaine has talent that gets him into NYADA without any trouble while Rachel and Kurt had to fight to get in, and Elliott and Jesse St. James couldn't get in at all. So, canon Blaine is worthy of this opportunity, though it is clear to anyone with ears and good taste can see that Blaine is a weak actor and singer because he is portrayed by a weak actor and singer.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/27/2014, 8:21 pm

Someone cut Chris' parts of The Story Of My Live with the one direction version. So feel free to listen and enjoy the Bland free zone:

http://nurgleek.tumblr.com/post/84022849289/chris-colfer-one-direction-story-of-my-life
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/27/2014, 8:56 pm

^ that's a lot better. thanx!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/27/2014, 9:09 pm

So, Blaine becomes Darren, is what they could be going for with this storyline, if he goes to Hollywood.  Rolling Eyes 

Though canon Blaine is not making it at Nyada, so, he is not that good.

Kurt is willing to share his successes with Blaine, but Blaine isn't wanting to share with his, to me looks like he does steal Kurt's opportunity. And like I said Blaine could have suggested Kurt sing it himself, by encouraging him to do so, which to me says Blaine wants the spotlight.

This is WSS all over again, where they try to make Blaine look innocent. But after "Tested" this will be hard a thing near to impossible thing to do.

If they give Blaine a VO like they did for "Tested", just hammer the second to last nail in his coffin.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/27/2014, 9:49 pm

So, Rachel is such a big star, they dedicated a wall to her at the Spotlight diner:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 28 Tumblr_n4pqzy4gXi1ql1znmo1_500
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 4/27/2014, 10:05 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:So, Rachel is such a big star, they dedicated a wall to her at the Spotlight diner:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 28 Tumblr_n4pqzy4gXi1ql1znmo1_500

Nope. And she takes it all for granted. Must be nice Rachel!  Mad 
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/28/2014, 1:25 am

“ June takes a shining to Blaine, and not to Kurt, which is very flattering for Blaine. But he’s very confused as to how he’s going to reconcile this with his fiance, who June doesn’t really fancy quite as much. So, we’ll have to see what Blaine chooses – the life of being with June Dolloway, or the life of being with his beloved fiancé Kurt.
Darren Criss [x]

The way this is put Blaine has to decide between June and Kurt, if so how is this going to have Kurt going with him anywhere if he choses June?

Darren is once again trying to protect himself by protecting his character, only it isn't working this time.

I bet we see differently in the episode, so Blaine must look like a real a*hole. This is the same with the letter before TBU and look what we saw.

"Tested" showed us the real Blaine that is now canon, so no matter how he tries to defend Blaine, not many will be sympathetic.

Unwittingly with what is happening in 20, he has just indicated at Klaine breaking up.  Razz

But as some are seeing this as shade and by Joaquin's stupid tweets, Blaine must chose Kurt in the finale.  Rolling Eyes
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 4/28/2014, 1:42 am

ColferInspired wrote:
“ June takes a shining to Blaine, and not to Kurt, which is very flattering for Blaine. But he’s very confused as to how he’s going to reconcile this with his fiance, who June doesn’t really fancy quite as much. So, we’ll have to see what Blaine chooses – the life of being with June Dolloway, or the life of being with his beloved fiancé Kurt.
Darren Criss [x]

The way this is put Blaine has to decide between June and Kurt, if so how is this going to have Kurt going with him anywhere if he choses June?

Darren is once again trying to protect himself by protecting his character, only it isn't working this time.

I bet we see differently in the episode, so Blaine must look like a real a*hole. This is the same with the letter before TBU and look what we saw.

"Tested" showed us the real Blaine that is now canon, so no matter how he tries to defend Blaine, not many will be sympathetic.

Unwittingly with what is happening in 20, he has just indicated at Klaine breaking up.  Razz

But as some are seeing this as shade and by Joaquin's stupid tweets, Blaine must chose Kurt in the finale.  Rolling Eyes

I am so sick of Ryan, Joaquin, Darren, Klaine, Blaine. I just want this show to be over, why do we keep playing our selves? We know Kurt and Blaine is gonna be peachy  :angry: Kurt will forgive Blaine after Bland sings All Of ME and Kleinwedding5eva! I swear, I do not care what RIB has planned for season 6, they will hear some angry Gleeks and SOON, I swear they will hear us, they will have no choice but to hear us, and Fox will too! That is a PROMISE, Trust me, My tumblr count has been building, people has been talking, and no one is happy. It will be on.
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/28/2014, 2:32 am

The show is over in 12 months tops, no?

Just my opinion but if bothers people that that much, just a thought : don't watch or vent about it so much if it's that painful and torturous.

I realize the show and the showrunners don't appreciate or utilize Kurt the way they should, but that's nothing new.

Sorry but I'm in till the bitter end and I'm going to enjoy every seconded Chris/Kurt I have left.

Kurt is even more attractive by the second, he actually is singing more than ever, he has more screen time by far then Season 4 ( yes I know a looow bar) so no I don't wish Kurt off my screen because I hate/loathe Character X , Y or Z worse.

Last edited by Buenos on 4/28/2014, 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/28/2014, 2:34 am

So essentially Darren, some Klainers and Ryan think this is a good dilemma? For Blaine? Who wants to be the top dog in their relationship? Who wants to always win? I'd be very suprised if he'll say no, or even sees this as an relationship dilemma. In general I suppose it isn't but for Blaine after he's been behaving this is directly linked to how he feels he can just expect Kurt to yield.

I comically have started to think because of Blaine AND Darren's acting choices, that Blaine has never ever listened to Kurt, or anybody else. Like at all and that is why he always looks so absent and does things Kurt has told him he hates. Everyone else speaking to Blaine is like a blur unless there can be spotted an opportunity. Razz
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/28/2014, 2:50 am

valkeakuulas wrote:So essentially Darren, some Klainers and Ryan think this is a good dilemma? For Blaine? Who wants to be the top dog in their relationship? Who wants to always win? I'd be very suprised if he'll say no, or even sees this as an relationship dilemma. In general I suppose it isn't but for Blaine after he's been behaving this is directly linked to how he feels he can just expect Kurt to yield.

I comically have started to think because of Blaine AND Darren's acting choices, that Blaine has never ever listened to Kurt, or anybody else. Like at all and that is why he always looks so absent and does things Kurt has told him he hates. Everyone else speaking to Blaine is like a blur unless there can be spotted an opportunity.  Razz

Well, so far we have not seen Kurt yield in any of their arguments so far, where he goes along with everything Blaine says and does since the New York episodes.

He has made allowances and that is all.

This episode has me intrigued, so I might download it.

Blaine has a woman in her eighties all over him, when Kurt in the last episode had an attractive girl running her hand down his chest.

Wouldn't this be worse if this woman was played by someone like a Kate Hudson?

Someone younger?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/28/2014, 2:57 am

ColferInspired wrote:
Darren Criss [x]

Poor Blaine, it must be so hard for him to choose between being with his "soulmate", "the love of his life" and being some 80 year old woman's boy toy. Rolling Eyes Are we supposed to feel bad for him or declare him a hero for choosing Kurt at the end? And just like he did with his transfer to McKinley and the moving out he will probably throw this "sacrifice" in Kurt's face the first time they have a disagreement.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/28/2014, 3:05 am

^It might be, but then again Blaine seems to think he's earned the adoration of everybody. But I assume that trusting writers about Blaine being gay or atleast in the deep end of the Kinsey scale it doesn't matter if the person infatuated is 80 or 28 year old woman...unless it would be for some fanwank dreams, ie. Kurt/Chris has become "too masculine" to be playing the girl in the relationship which makes fangirls replacement dreams more difficult.

And that makes me think they must have chosen an actress significantly older to avoid any kind of romantic entanglement from Blaine's part to not to deepen his moral hole or give the bi-Blaine dreams wind.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 4/28/2014, 3:18 am

Remember that atm it is just fan spec that she wants him in any other way. She may very well just be bowled over by the depth of his talent, Sheny. *g*
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/28/2014, 3:19 am

This weeks storyline for Blaine sounds pathetic, that in a way I am glad Kurt is not picked.

Kurt would want to be picked for his talent, and his talent alone.

But if this June just wants him as her boy toy, maybe she gives Blaine empty promises which is what they turn out to be in the finale, which he doesn't tell Kurt, but makes Kurt believe that he chose him.

Now that would sound like canon Blaine.  neutre 

He likes to hide things.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/28/2014, 3:30 am

Georgette888 wrote:Remember that atm it is just fan spec that she wants him in any other way. She may very well just be bowled over by the depth of his talent, Sheny. *g*

Actually people are going by what Darren said, that he has to chose between June or Kurt.

That is still an ambiguous statement, so to assume one thing until we see the episode is all it is at the moment. Ambiguous.

But the fact he made this statement before it airs could possibly mean, Blaine does not look good.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/28/2014, 3:39 am

Georgette888 wrote:Remember that atm it is just fan spec that she wants him in any other way. She may very well just be bowled over by the depth of his talent, Sheny. *g*

I don't really believe Glee will go there with this storyline but Darren's choice of words "the life of being with June Dolloway" makes it sound less innocent than it probably is.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/28/2014, 4:29 am

In fairness to the Blaine character he's hampered in no small part because Darren can't convey ambiguous or conflicted feelings. Darren's acting limitations reduce Blaine to even more of a cypher. This SL could be interesting if Darren could show both a driving ambition with this older Tina (June) and his love for Kurt, but he can't do multiple feelings.

If June is dismissive of Kurt it's the Sebastian shtick all over again, that Blaine associates with someone who doesn't like Kurt. Darren failed to convey the conflict without making Blaine a shallow ass hole with Sebastian so it's going to end up the same I imagine. He's suppose to be so in love with Kurt yet I'm speculating June is offering fame and stardom in a way that excludes Kurt.

I'm hoping Kurt sticks to his guns and follows his own dreams, which I suspect is going to separate him from Blaine. For all we know Kurt will do the "noble" thing and let Blaine go, and I'd be fine with that.

All this talk of Kurt being a recurring character I confess I find extremely unlikely.

People forget that Chris contact is NOT with Ryan Murphy and Ian/Brad. His contact is with FOX who finance Glee, so yea , I highly doubt FOX is going to break Chris contract. coool 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next