Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23

+27
angelnessa
Lottie2303
opals
coxfire
fountain
valkeakuulas
mindschemez
Kurt addict
YaoiChick
ChrisColferFan1
Ireth
fantastica
Georgette888
sjonnepon
bayth
Divalicious
ChrisColfersLightning
tanita_mors
brisallie
Jellyrolls
M&M
sheny
ColferInspired
AnneNeville
Ranwing
Buenos
Glorfindel
31 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 - Page 30 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23

Post  coxfire 4/4/2014, 11:33 am

Delight wrote:

However, as I'm annoyingly realistic, I would also understand if this song doesn't sell well on iTunes, because of it being a show tune and all.  I do wish to be pleasantly surprised though. Here's to hoping that it would do well on the charts.

I haven't heard it yet, being at work, but I'll admit I don't care about the sales. When Chris delivers, he really does, and I honestly think he is the best as acting through singing. I haven't seen any other character express his emotions better than Kurt did when he was given rein: Rose's Turn, AHINAH, IWTHYH, AIWNSG, Being Alive (typing that I realized just how effin' long the titles of Kurt's solos were! I feel like I'm typing in text!!)

So: who cares about the sales, when we'll have an epic performance on screen?

Can't wait to be home to listen to it Smile
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 - Page 30 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23

Post  Ranwing 4/4/2014, 11:40 am

Will have to say that after listening to Broadway Baby and NWIA, we're really having to question just how the fuck Blaine got admitted to NYADA, because he is absolutely dreadful on these kind of numbers. All it's doing is showing the real limitations of Darren's voice.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/4/2014, 11:45 am

TimF wrote:I will go to NYC just for that without any hesitation what so ever.

blushh   panik ded

We can meet up then. No matter the financial resources, I will be in NYC for Chris BW debut  coool
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/4/2014, 11:47 am

Lottie2303 wrote:

blushh   panik ded

We can meet up then. No matter the financial resources, I will be in NYC for Chris BW debut  coool

We can make it a group field trip!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 4/4/2014, 11:57 am

Ranwing wrote:

And Chris... wow... he wasn't just singing here. He was acting. You could hear all of the pain and anguish that Kurt is likely feeling at this vigal but it's not OTT. This is really what seperates him from most of the other singers in the show, the fact that he can communicate so much without going too far. I can't wait to see this scene air because it's going to be absolutely beautiful.

Exactly  wub 
Listening to I'm Still Here took my breath away.

He finally got a solo and it's this  wub .

No One Is Alone is beautiful too, Chris sounded amazing on it as well.

TimF wrote:Good god Chris' voice...  I woke up and I'm still here was all over my tumblr dash and I've been listening to it on repeat.  I just heard No One is Alone and agree that there's too much Darren, but even that (surprisingly) won't stop my buying it because Chris sounds: So. Freaking. Good.   That man needs to be on broadway, stat.  I will go to NYC just for that without any hesitation what so ever.

blushh   panik ded

Same here, I don't even care about the time and money, I will fly all the way to NY for Chris on Broadway.

Ranwing wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:

blushh   panik ded

Yes, let's!
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  YaoiChick 4/4/2014, 11:58 am

I kinda hope that the familiar costumer in Tested is Chandler and I have no idea why  Shocked 
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

http://ukeobsessed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 4/4/2014, 11:59 am

Ranwing wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:

blushh   panik ded

I'd be there!!
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  kac 4/4/2014, 12:00 pm

OK, I am excited, I can hardly wait to see Chris's performance with his solo. First time in a long time I have been excited by the music.
kac
kac
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 4/4/2014, 12:06 pm

YaoiChick wrote:I kinda hope that the familiar costumer in Tested is Chandler and I have no idea why  Shocked 

I'm hoping it's the stage combat guy who found Kurt hot.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/4/2014, 12:12 pm

Ireth wrote:
YaoiChick wrote:I kinda hope that the familiar costumer in Tested is Chandler and I have no idea why  Shocked 

Agree.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/4/2014, 12:15 pm

Ranwing wrote:And yeah... the Blarren stans are already bitching that it's not a Blaine solo.

I don't understand the thinking of these stans sometimes. If DC sounds as bad as he does in Broadway songs such as this, isn't it a blessing that he has other singers to 'help out' in this song? Or is it that DC's limitations in singing showtunes is made even more glaring when there are better singers chiming in on the song?

coxfire wrote:
So: who cares about the sales, when we'll have an epic performance on screen?

Indeed, song sales shouldn't matter in the scheme of things; and given that it's Chris, I don't have a doubt that the song performance would be an 'epic' one and we're in for a treat. But I won't deny that it would give me very warm and fuzzy feelings if Kurt's solo does well on the charts  Smile 

I'm really hoping that Chris produces a song album one day, as I don't have the fortune to be living in the U.S. to watch his Broadway show (and it would be a crime for him to not be in one in the future).
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  YaoiChick 4/4/2014, 12:28 pm

Ireth wrote:

I'd be okay with that too  Laughing I just hope its not Sebastian (even though I love Kurtbastian and his charcter), he'd just be a prop to make Blaine feel better about getting the freshman 15.
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/4/2014, 12:39 pm

Delight wrote:
Ranwing wrote:And yeah... the Blarren stans are already bitching that it's not a Blaine solo.

I don't understand the thinking of these stans sometimes. If DC sounds as bad as he does in Broadway songs such as this, isn't it a blessing that he has other singers to 'help out' in this song? Or is it that DC's limitations in singing showtunes is made even more glaring when there are better singers chiming in on the song?

I'm going to be particularly generous here and place a lot of the blame on both the song itself (which was never one of my favorites and tends to be plodding under the best of circumstances. No one sounded particularlly good here, but Lea didn't sound completely awful. Darren and Chord OTOH were really awful. It was like a case of how a strong actor (in this case singer) can overcome less than ideal material while a weaker one gets crushed by it.

But Darren brought nothing to the table with this number. A dull song with a dull arrangement certainly didn't help matters, but Darren himself proved just how weak a singer he is. His voice was flat and he brought no real personality to the song. He hit notes, and that was it. If this is the scene where Kurt is in the hospital after having been beaten, you don't get any real sense of urgency, passion or heartache from Blaine. It's not just vocally flat, it's emotionally flat as well.

As far as the Blarren stans go, I believe that they're not upset that the other singers were making Darren sound bad in comparrison (since I don't think anyone sounded really good on NWIA). It's that they were horning in on Darren's song. They wanted a solo and here is another episode where Darren is either in group numbers or duets (but no solo). I really want to laugh when you consider that it's been 15 episodes since we've had a Chris/Kurt solo (not since Wonder-ful) so let's just say that I'm not overly sympathetic to their plight.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/4/2014, 12:53 pm

YaoiChick wrote:
Ireth wrote:

I'd be okay with that too  Laughing I just hope its not Sebastian (even though I love Kurtbastian and his charcter), he'd just be a prop to make Blaine feel better about getting the freshman 15.

I'd rather it be Adam Crawford.  wub 

But I bet it's either like Sue and Shue making a quick appearance or something (in town in advance of Rachel's debut).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/4/2014, 12:54 pm

Ranwing wrote:So... Not While I'm Around... yikes.

Flatter than a pancake. And so dreary. Really can't find anything complimentary about this because no one sounded good. Darren cannot sing without musical accompanyment. He just doesn't have the richness in tone to pull it off. And who's bright idea was it to have Chord join in? If there's anyone in the cast less suited to sing a Broadway number than Darren, it's Chord.
No shit. Oy, my eardrums.  blinkk
Although Chord is okay when harmonizing with Lea on 'Noone is Alone'.
I'm so glad that that song at least is not ruined by Blam, because Chris sounds simply divine on it.  wub  wub  wub  wub  wub  wub  wub  wub  wub  wub
JFYI: I'm addicted to 'I'm Still Here'.  wub  wub  wub  wub  wub  wub  wub  wub  wub  wub
(Did I already tell you that Chris belts up to the high tenor C again?)

It's a good day to be a Chris Colfer stan (but then again: so are most days). hapitgh 

I have visions of them singing this sodden mess around Kurt's hospital bed while he's unconscious (ewww...). Gonna be shades of Papa Can You Hear Me, only more offensive.
Poor Kurt. I hope if he's awake during the song the've given him plenty of painkillers to get through it.  moque
As if that brick didn't give him a headache enough on its own.    beam  fanny2 

And yeah... the Blarren stans are already bitching that it's not a Blaine solo. As if he hasn't had enough of those this season and as if Blaine is the only one who cares about Kurt.
Hmph, of course they would complain.  dryy 
As if Blaine doesn't randomly pop up in songs (Holly's Happy) or other characters' storylines (Tina+Artie - valedictorian) all the time.
And the Blarrenstans did not even bat an eye last week when Blaine sang 90% of YMMFSY.
 smajli 

Ranwing wrote:Will have to say that after listening to Broadway Baby and NWIA, we're really having to question just how the fuck Blaine got admitted to NYADA, because he is absolutely dreadful on these kind of numbers. All it's doing is showing the real limitations of Darren's voice.
Love is blind, and apparently also deaf.  tonguue 

Ha, I was hoping for Adam Crawford, but Chandler will do. I don't care who it is as long as he is heavily hitting on Kurt.  Smile 

coxfire wrote:
Ranwing wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:

blushh   panik ded

I'd be there!!
I'm in too. I'll bring cookies (but no eating in the theatre!).  neutre 

Delight wrote:
They simply can't hear Darren's limitations as a singer. They're probably thinking these songs are the bestest thing evva!!!!11!!! ! After all: Darren is a true Broadway baby with his 3 weeks H2$ stint, so he simply must be good.

-ETA-
Karen: mindtwins!!!   bisou
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/4/2014, 12:57 pm

Isn't Amber also in "Not while I'm around"?

If so it's a group number.

I can't find the spoiler, what's this about a costumer and why do some think it's Chandler/Sebastian/Adam?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  YaoiChick 4/4/2014, 1:01 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
YaoiChick wrote:
Ireth wrote:

I'd rather it be Adam Crawford.  wub 

But I bet it's either like Sue and Shue making a quick appearance or something (in town in advance of Rachel's debut).

Maybe, though I heard I rumour (not sure where) that they'd be coming in Bash, so I figured they'd already be there?
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  YaoiChick 4/4/2014, 1:05 pm

Buenos wrote:Isn't Amber also in "Not while I'm around"?

If so it's a group number.

I can't find the spoiler, what's this about a costumer and why do some think it's Chandler/Sebastian/Adam?

Because of this

GLEE: Kurt (Chris Colfer) gets some familiar customers in the “Tested” episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, April 15 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. ©2014 Fox Broadcasting Co. CR: Mike Yarish/FOX [UHQ]

Though now I see that customers is plural so I think Jellyrolls might be right about Sue and Shue.
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/4/2014, 1:10 pm

Ranwing wrote:I'm going to be particularly generous here and place a lot of the blame on both the song itself (which was never one of my favorites and tends to be plodding under the best of circumstances. No one sounded particularlly good here, but Lea didn't sound completely awful. Darren and Chord OTOH were really awful. It was like a case of how a strong actor (in this case singer) can overcome less than ideal material while a weaker one gets crushed by it.

But Darren brought nothing to the table with this number. A dull song with a dull arrangement certainly didn't help matters, but Darren himself proved just how weak a singer he is. His voice was flat and he brought no real personality to the song. He hit notes, and that was it. If this is the scene where Kurt is in the hospital after having been beaten, you don't get any real sense of urgency, passion or heartache from Blaine. It's not just vocally flat, it's emotionally flat as well.
It's a song for a small kid! It needs that pure and pungent sound to pierce the heart and some speed in the melody (just ike e.g. 'Castle on a Cloud' from 'Les Miserables').
It still can be sung very well by an adult (like NPH), but not acapella and slowed down like this: the ice is simply too thin to hold it without a proper musical accompaniment. Add Darren's inability to hold a note longer than a quarter second plus his voice being so flat, and the cracks and holes are appearing everywhere.

As far as the Blarren stans go, I believe that they're not upset that the other singers were making Darren sound bad in comparrison (since I don't think anyone sounded really good on NWIA). It's that they were horning in on Darren's song. They wanted a solo and here is another episode where Darren is either in group numbers or duets (but no solo). I really want to laugh when you consider that it's been 15 episodes since we've had a Chris/Kurt solo (not since Wonder-ful) so let's just say that I'm not overly sympathetic to their plight.
It's starting to become a trend that Darren doesn't get that many solos anymore, but that they give him vocal back-up in solo-like songs (like Jenna or Kevin before Lima was killed off, and Chris in YMMFSY, and now Lea and co. in NWIA). His last solo was in 5x07!
Gee, I wonder if they are starting to wake up in Glee land?  sifflou
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/4/2014, 1:18 pm

GLEE: Kurt (Chris Colfer) gets some familiar customers in the “Tested” episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, April 15 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. ©2014 Fox Broadcasting Co. CR: Mike Yarish/FOX [UHQ]

Though now I see that customers is plural so I think Jellyrolls might be right about Sue and Shue.

Thanks Glorfindel! However I thought they were scheduled for Episode 5.17 "Opening Night" and "Tested" is the previous episode. That would make more sense however for them to make an appearance in two episodes including a cameo so to speak.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/4/2014, 1:19 pm

'Glee' Trims Its Season Amid Ratings Woes

hollywoodreporter.com

After 100 episodes, Fox’s Glee is showing its age.

The musical recently fell below 3 million viewers and a 1.0 rating in the key 18-to-49 demographic, matching its series low this week with a 0.9. It is among the lowest-rated series already renewed for the 2014-15 season, though the current batch of 22 episodes has been reduced to 20 as a result of a production hiatus at the start of the season. Fox might film the two cut episodes early to better promote what could be a supersized 24-episode sixth and final run.

Glee has trended down the past few seasons, but the slide during season five, its first since the July death of star Cory Monteith, has been more precipitous. The show jumps 54 percent to 6.5 million viewers and 63 percent in the demo to a 2.6 when factoring in DVR, but that’s a far cry from season one’s 11 million viewers and 4.9 rating. (Sans DVR, season five is averaging 4.2 million viewers and a 1.6.)

“Glee is still a great property to have on our air,” says Fox COO Joe Earley, citing statistics that show it remains a top 10 comedy among teens and viewers with household incomes above $100,000. “There have been some scheduling challenges … but what we see is still an incredibly popular show with a lot of time-shifting.”

With Fox moving to a year-round schedule, the network could experiment by airing Glee in unorthodox time slots. Adds co-creator Ian Brennan, “With DVR, in a lot of ways the night you air … doesn’t matter.”

Here’s a look at Glee's ratings history:

Season averages (including live-plus-7 DVR):

Season 1:  4.9 million 18-49, 11 million total viewers
Season 2:  4.4 million 18-49, 10.9 million total viewers
Season 3:  3.8 million 18-49, 9 million total viewers
Season 4:  3.4 million 18-49, 8.4 million total viewers
Season 5*: 2.7 million 18-49,  6.8 million total viewers

*Through March 9

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/4/2014, 1:34 pm

So, short season this year, but longer season next year!  I guess that's a good thing.  Hopefully it will really give them time to map out exactly how they want to end the series.

Interesting look at the numbers of the four seasons. It makes the decrease in viewers not look that bad because so many people are watching it on DVR.

ETA:  Wait a second, so are they blaming the fact that they are having a shortened season on the fact that they started filming a couple of weeks because of Cory's death?  Seriously?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 4/4/2014, 1:40 pm

He does his awkward laugh in " i'm still here"!!!
Season 1-Kurt would be proud of him wub wub 
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/4/2014, 1:48 pm

Marie: you have to promise to review kurt's solo FIRST before you take forever to review all other songs in which chris only has a line or two. we need the solo review NOW!!!  neutre 

let me join all of you who want to go to NY to see Colfer's musical - to be honest, it doesn't even have to be on official "Broadway". off-broadway is equally great. i am not picky.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/4/2014, 1:50 pm

Maybe the familiar customers Kurt meets in "Tested" are Dave with his boyfriend. We know Max is in ep. 17 maybe he will appear in the previous episode too. It's more logical than Chandler.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next