Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20

+24
AnneNeville
Georgette888
Ireth
opals
bayth
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
Divalicious
sjonnepon
Ranwing
Lottie2303
Kurt addict
JamieRulz
mindschemez
fantastica
coxfire
Glorfindel
sheny
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Buenos
Jellyrolls
brisallie
Porcelain
28 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20

Post  ColferInspired 2/8/2014, 4:37 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 22 Tumblr_n0nzbgML2f1r4ezfzo1_500

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 22 Tumblr_n0nzbgML2f1r4ezfzo2_500

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 22 Tumblr_n0nzbgML2f1r4ezfzo3_500

paulinethelimey I love night shoots…… especially when the lot you’re working on is supposed to be haunted…. #glee #gleeks #Ghosts #Haunted #OnSet #Glee #Paramount #OnSet #Gleeks
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20

Post  ColferInspired 2/8/2014, 5:12 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 22 Tumblr_n0o3ygPW8K1qe476yo1_500

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 22 Tumblr_n0o3ygPW8K1qe476yo2_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/8/2014, 7:31 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 22 Tumblr_n0o7wzTdLG1r31apwo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/8/2014, 8:48 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 22 Tumblr_n0ne59UZ9L1s57bimo1_r2_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/8/2014, 8:54 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 22 Tumblr_n0ocy9yIHt1r31apwo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 2/8/2014, 10:44 am

I don't know whether Blaine is jealous of Kurt and Elliott, or just confused that two gay guys can be platonic friends, but I don't care either way. Anything that catches Blaine off-guard makes me happy  Smile . Just hope that Kurt and Elliott remain friends at the end of the storyline (or end up together after Kurt dumps Blaine).  Twisted Evil 
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/8/2014, 11:24 am

I think that part of the reason is for an extended period, Kurt and Blaine were living not only very separate lives, but very different lives. Kurt has been living an adult life. He's been living without his family, working, attending conservatory and having a new adult romantic relationship (even if it didn't last long). He's had to deal with a number of hard emotional blows - being rejected from NYADA ad finding a new path before finally gaining acceptance, his father's cancer diagnosis and then Finn's death. He's matured rather dramatically. He's had months to focus on his adult interests, focus on his future career and has started to develop adult relationships and friendships. Compare this with Blaine who has been doing more of the same - school plays, competitions, not expanding his social circle and juvenile play. Back during Kurt's senior year at McKinley the age difference between them (a matter of months) was already causing strains in their relationships (with Blaine growing resentful of Kurt starting to focus on a life away from McKinley and him). Now the difference in their lives and maturity levels is leagues apart.

Blaine is arriving at a time when Kurt has a lot of interests and focuses that are going to take Kurt's attention away from him. Blaine might be important to Blaine, but he's no longer the absolute center of Kurt's universe. And for someone who craves attention the way Blaine does, that's going to be hard for him to take. Kurt's life in NY and NYADA is now well established and Blaine is going to have to figure out how he fit's into Kurt's life now, as well as finding his own interests and focuses. Will their relationship survive? Who know...

Last edited by Ranwing on 2/8/2014, 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 2/8/2014, 12:40 pm

Chris looks great in that photo. Also Brooke is there so musical number? Hope Rockstar is still on. Always here for 2 Kurt duets in an ep

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/8/2014, 12:58 pm

I'm wondering if Kurt's musical interests are being expanded by Elliot to a world of music and performance beyond a broadway career.  Love the vibe of a music shop.

Like I've said a million times the show needs to focus on Kurt's journey, it's potentially the most interesting and varied . He's very different then Rachel and Santana or even Mercedes, the only other characters that seem focused on a career .  Mercedes is set on recording, Rachel on Broadway, Santana just wants fame.

We still don't know what is Kurt's ultimate muse, i get the impression he might be at a crossroad.

Last edited by Buenos on 2/8/2014, 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 2/8/2014, 1:04 pm

This is the second time my bastard mobile device has dropped a long post, dammit. Will try to get to a computer later. I had some ideas of what might happen.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/8/2014, 1:06 pm

Ranwing wrote:I think that part of the reason is for an extended period, Kurt and Blaine were living not only very separate lives, but very different lives. Kurt has been living an adult life. He's been living without his family, working, attending conservatory and having a new adult romantic relationship (even if it didn't last long). He's had to deal with a number of hard emotional blows - being rejected from NYADA ad finding a new path before finally gaining acceptance, his father's cancer diagnosis and then Finn's death. He's matured rather dramatically. He's had months to focus on his adult interests, focus on his future career and has started to develop adult relationships and friendships. Compare this with Blaine who has been doing more of the same - school plays, competitions, not expanding his social circle and juvenile play. Back during Kurt's senior year at McKinley the age difference between them (a matter of months) was already causing strains in their relationships (with Blaine growing resentful of Kurt starting to focus on a life away from McKinley and him). Now the difference in their lives and maturity levels is leagues apart.

Blaine is arriving at a time when Kurt has a lot of interests and focuses that are going to take Kurt's attention away from him. Blaine might be important to Blaine, but he's no longer the absolute center of Kurt's universe. And for someone who craves attention the way Blaine does, that's going to be hard for him to take. Kurt's life in NY and NYADA is now well established and Blaine is going to have to figure out how he fit's into Kurt's life now, as well as finding his own interests and focuses. Will their relationship survive? Who know...
You're still assuming that Glee will do anything at all with interesting storylines on the show, let alone real relationship struggles instead of contrived love-triangles and cheating.  dryy 

There's so much potential still in Glee, especially if they focus on the real interesting characters with depth, but till its ending I expect only stupid (cheating and rival) drama and silly storylines to shoehorn in the next top 40 songs from Glee.
There has been too much damage done by RIB and it's clear they don't really care anymore. So even though they are busy giving Glee a much needed blood transfusion by moving the narrative to NY completely and bringing back the oldies, I think they're just going to limp out this season and the next till the show dies.
And although I'm glad that Kurt seems to keep interacting with Elliot I don't expect Glee to turn around 180 degrees from their season 4 MO of Blaine worshipping and let Kurt be the (singing) star and fortunate one of Klaine from now on.

Sorry if I bring the mood down around here, but I won't step into the excited-expectations-due-to-good-spoilers trap of Glee again.
I'd rather be pleasantly surprised when the episodes air than feeling like I've been kicked in the gut alongside my favorite character again.

sheny wrote:Maybe we will know more about Kurt's thoughts, when somebody buys the script for 5x01.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 22 Tumblr12Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 22 Tumblr11

These are also amongst the deleted/changed scenes from that episode

- Kurt, Rachel, Mercedes, & Santana’s unaired sleepover…
- and the song the four were going to sing! 

crycry Knowing there was also a song in the scene makes it worse. Why couldn't they include this instead of that awful performance of "I Saw Her Standing There".

- Details of an unaired kiss!
- How Blaine’s proposal was originally staged!
- Unaired lines, including Artie, Blaine, Kitty, Kurt, Rachel, Santana, Unique, and more!
- Will and Figgins’s unaired scene!
x
Wow, this is so clearly bait for the Klainers who bought the other scripts as well. And they'll fall for it hook, line and sinker. Rolling Eyes 

If they need to sell a script to explain exactly why and when Kurt decided to accept the proposal it means even they themselves think they didn't do a good job making that clear in the episode and the execution of that storyline (no kidding).
But no matter what is in that script: what was actually shown in the episode is still solid canon, and the only canon that's valid.

Also: way to advertise where you failed, Glee, by loudly announcing that you cut a Kurt, Rachel, Mercedes and Santana scene and song so that Blaine could derp his way through his 4 Beatles songs while planning a proposal for a guy he only got back together with 2 minutes ago and to be the man who 'saved' Tina from being a bitch instead .  :angry:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/8/2014, 1:24 pm

Buenos wrote:I'm wondering if Kurt's musical interests are being expanded by Elliot to a world of music and performance beyond a broadway career. Love the vibe of a music shop.

I hope so. Not because I don't want to see Kurt on Broadway but because I think that he can do so much more. And because it would take his successes out of competition with Rachel's. Giving Kurt a different career track from Rachel's will let the writers have more room to actually show Kurt having successes since they will never do anything that might overshadow Rachel.

More importantly, it would make sense with their characterizations. Rachel has always wanted one thing as far as her career goes - being a huge Broadway star. She might do film or become a recording artist as an offshoot, but her primary focus is and has always been Broadway. For her, there's no other options. We saw this when she completely rejected the idea of going to LA after gradation instead of NY because she didn't want to consider doing film or television. It's Broadway or nothing. And her performance style is so specialized at this point that she would have a hard time actually switching gears if prospects came up in another area.

Kurt is a lot more flexible and while he very much wants to do Broadway, if opportunities came up for him to do film or television or something else, he could quickly adjust to take advantage. And exploring other styles of music like rock can actually help his Broadway career. So many of the newer musicals are now done in genres other than what we consider to be classical Broadway so being comfortable singing rock, jazz and opera can only help make Kurt more marketable for a wide range of shows and parts. And anything that builds up Kurt's confidence in himself as a performer can only help, because this is the one area where Rachel really has an advantage over him. Rachel honestly believes that she's great, while Kurt wants to be great.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/8/2014, 2:11 pm

glee: Frenemies Extended Summary

With only five weeks until graduation, Artie and Tina learn they are in a statistical tie for class Valedictorian and are forced to participate in a tie-breaker of Principal Sue’s design. What begins as “friendly” competition quickly devolves into a no-holds-barred contest, testing their much touted post-romantic-relationship friendship.

Meanwhile, in New York, while Rachel’s head continues to swell as she experiences some of the perks of being cast in a Broadway show, Santana is depressed due to her lack of meaningful acting work… and is tired of being recognized as “the girl with the raging yeast infection.” When Santana takes a leap out of her comfort zone to audition as Rachel’s Funny Girl understudy, Rachel views it as a betrayal that reopens old wounds, and revives a long-standing and apparently unresolved feud between the two.

Worried that Elliott is trying to wrest the spotlight (and control of their band, Pamela Lansbury) from him, Kurt heeds Blaine’s advice to learn all he can about his rival by “keeping his enemies closer.” When the two spend an afternoon together (with Kurt not-so-subtly pumping his rival for information), what starts out as a mission to uncover Elliott’s nefarious plans, turns into the discovery that Kurt actually gets along with “Starchild”… a revelation that gives Blaine pause.

SPECIAL GUESTS:
•Rupert Campion PETER FACINELLI
•Coach Beiste DOT-MARIE JONES
•Figgins IQBAL THEBA
•Elliot ‘Starchild’ Gilbert ADAM LAMBERT
•Becky Jackson LAUREN POTTER
source

I'll have to give the writers some small bit of credit here... Rachel's character is nothing if not consistent. Give her some success and it goes right to her head. I don't think that Santana auditions for the understudy part with the deliberate intention of hurting Rachel or threatening her, but she played right into Rachel's overwhelming competitiveness and has now made herself a threat. I'm curious to see what this underlying issue between them is and how it all plays out (beyond the face slapping that we saw in the promo).

Not interested in Tina and Artie, though it's nice to see that some of the Glee kids are as focused on academics as they are with performing.

Glad to see them paying some attention to Kurt's storyline and it sounds like it can be really interesting on a lot of levels. I want to see Kurt have a relationship with another male performer who isn't interested in hurting him. That while he may be in competition with other male performers, that they can still be friends and supportive (unlike Rachel who sees everyone as a potential threat). It would be a great counterpoint to Rachel's storyline, and Blaine having to accept that Kurt is going to have other people in his life... yeah... that pleases me.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/8/2014, 2:16 pm

Ranwing wrote:I'll have to give the writers some small bit of credit here... Rachel's character is nothing if not consistent. Give her some success and it goes right to her head. I don't think that Santana auditions for the understudy part with the deliberate intention of hurting Rachel or threatening her, but she played right into Rachel's overwhelming competitiveness and has now made herself a threat. I'm curious to see what this underlying issue between them is and how it all plays out (beyond the face slapping that we saw in the promo).

Maybe it's about Finn. Rachel was very angry at her back in season 2 when she found out Santana was Finn's first.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/8/2014, 2:28 pm

If Santana didn't tell her she was trying out for the understudy role I can see why Rachel is pissed off TBH
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/8/2014, 2:32 pm

sheny wrote:
Ranwing wrote:I'll have to give the writers some small bit of credit here... Rachel's character is nothing if not consistent. Give her some success and it goes right to her head. I don't think that Santana auditions for the understudy part with the deliberate intention of hurting Rachel or threatening her, but she played right into Rachel's overwhelming competitiveness and has now made herself a threat. I'm curious to see what this underlying issue between them is and how it all plays out (beyond the face slapping that we saw in the promo).

Maybe it's about Finn. Rachel was very angry at her back in season 2 when she found out Santana was Finn's first.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rachel does bring that up, because whenever she feels threatened, she tends to throw every resentment and slight back at the person (like throwing Kurt unsuccessfully challenging her back in season 1 when he was fed up with her antics in diva). At this point it might now matter how far they had come in their relationship or how much Santana had supported her when she needed it - Rachel is only going to see Santana trying to take something away from her the way she did with Finn.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/8/2014, 2:42 pm

Buenos wrote:If Santana didn't tell her she was trying out for the understudy role I can see why Rachel is pissed off TBH

I think that's really besides the point. Rachel has to have an understudy. Every Broadway role has one in case an actor has the flu or gets hit by a bus, and if Rachel were a seasoned performer, she wouldn't be threatened by whoever is cast as her understudy. But Rachel isn't a seasoned performer. This is not only her first professional role, but it's a lead and it's a role she had been dreaming of since she was a child. Given how overwhelmingly competitive she is, and how unseasoned she is, it's not out of character for her to see whoever is cast as her understudy as a potential replacement (and therefore, a threat).

I think that a lot also depends on what's going on behind the scenes of Rachel's FG storyline. She might be getting a swelled head from being cast and she always loved that kind of attention and prestige, but perhaps in the actual rehearsals things aren't going quite so well. Maybe while she's getting the notice for being cast (like a write up in the professional media), she's having difficulty with the director or her costar and there are questions about whether they made the right choice in casting her. Maybe they're not happy with her take on the character and picking an actress who would play the role completely differently in her understudy is a statement about that. If Rachel's place in the show is starting to look a little shaky, then it would make sense for her to have this kind of overreaction.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/8/2014, 3:25 pm

santana will give the role back to rachel, when they finally repair their friendship.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/8/2014, 3:29 pm

fantastica wrote:santana will give the role back to rachel, when they finally repair their friendship.

True. :angry: 
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/8/2014, 5:04 pm

Buenos wrote:If Santana didn't tell her she was trying out for the understudy role I can see why Rachel is pissed off TBH
I don't see why?
Rachel needs an understudy for 'Funny Girl'. Santana is taking nothing away from her, except the fact that Rachel apparently isn't the only girl fresh from highschool in Ohio who can land a leading role on Broadway (no matter how stupid and unbelievable that storyline is for both Santana and Rachel).
And even then Santana's succes is still 'less' than Rachel because she's just her understudy. If Rachel never gets ill Santana won't even perform, unless RIB will put some nonsense in like Santana being promised 2-3 performances a week, being the 2nd/replacement cast.

All Rachel can be butthurt about is Santana taking her special snowflake status away from her, by proving that other girls just like Rachel can be succesful.
But tbh I think they will go more for the single white female angle, with Santana wanting to copy everything Rachel does. They're singing 'Every Breath You Take' after all.

Having said all that: I still think it's utterly ridiculous that not only Rachel but Santana too get offered such an important role straight out from Lima, Ohio. Add to that that Santana is in no way suitable for the role of Fanny, and that I hate seeing both girls apparently regressing and having to learn the same damn lessons all over again.
Not to mention the violence of the bitch slap, Glee messing with yet another female friendship and breaking up the HummelPezBerry loft arrangements. :angry:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/8/2014, 5:24 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 22 Tumblr_n0p1yswlgP1sg9z6fo1_500
adamlambert@chriscolfer and I bringin a little glam to gleeonfox​ last night.

OMG  Shocked I'm so exited for this episode.

Last edited by sheny on 2/8/2014, 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/8/2014, 5:25 pm

Oooooooooooooooooooohhhhhh.   ded
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 2/8/2014, 5:30 pm

Jesus. I just swallowed my tongue when this came up on my tl. His lips, his eyes, his arms...
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 2/8/2014, 5:32 pm

Georgette888 wrote:Jesus. I just swallowed my tongue when this came up on my tl. His lips, his eyes, his arms...

You are me... blushh 
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 2/8/2014, 5:35 pm

Shocked LeatheredUpKurt!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next