Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10

+29
TimF
JamieRulz
angelnessa
Kurt addict
CloveGlee
Porcelain
ChrisColferFan1
Delight
glimmerle
Ireth
tanita_mors
sheny
sjonnepon
Georgette888
AnneNeville
coxfire
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
valkeakuulas
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Divalicious
Buenos
Glorfindel
SippyCupofLuv
Jellyrolls
ColferInspired
Lottie2303
33 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10

Post  Jellyrolls 1/16/2014, 1:15 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Chris and Cory are (were) class acts. They never overstepped and tried to use the success of someone else for their own benefit. The fandom is lucky to have had both of them to emulate.
This.  wub
They had so much fun in the background when Jane forgot (understandably) that Glee won a PCA too. But they never tried to take the spotlight away from her at that moment.

Yet another reason why I'm glad Klaine didn't get the chemistry award at the PCA's. If they had, it would have been like when Delena won and they just mentioned that Ian Somerholder also won the PCA for favorite dramatic actor. Chris wouldn't have had to accept the award with Darren (and you know Darren would do whatever he he could to be noticed), and Chris' favorite comedic actor award would have been nothing more than a quick mention.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10

Post  Lottie2303 1/16/2014, 1:48 pm

coxfire wrote:
Blaine getting in with flying colours when those excellent singers struggled and failed.....no, just no.  :angry:

But don't you get it Marie? Blaine passes. That's Glee's message: be yourself! Don't be afraid of being who your are!! Well, unless you stand out, in this case: town it down!

Let's worship mediocrity and average!!

"town it down" - that is quite a large task  fanny2 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/16/2014, 2:03 pm

I'm going to be very meanspirited when it comes to Darren's appearance at the TCAs. He claimed that he didn't attend the PCAs because he had the flu. He was well enough to go out with Chord one or two nights before the PCAs. Now granted, flu can hit suddenly (which happened to me - I was a bridesmaid for my best friend's wedding and was fine in the morning and by the time I went home I was feverish and could barely breathe), but once it hits it takes around a week to 10 days for flu to run it's course and you pretty much feel like death the whole. If Darren got sick right before the PCAs (which were on 1/6), then logically he would still be sick and not able to attend the TCAs (on 1/13). At best, Darren would have been at the tail end of the flu but probably not well enough to attend.

So yeah... I'm calling total bullshit on the whole "I'm so sad that I can't attend because I'm *cough* sick." excuse. It's obvious to anyone with enough fingers to do a little basic math that he wouldn't have had enough time to recover. He just didn't want to be seen in the audience with his thumb up his rear end while his co-star wins (again) and when he was going to walk away with nothing.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/16/2014, 2:04 pm

Cory, like Chris, was such a team player. It's hard to believe it's been 6 months since we lost him, and shutting down Lima makes so much sense because nobody could fill his shoes over there.

In comedy and drama, what counts is the journey , not the destination. They could salvage Rachel's somewhat if they have her crash and burn in Funny Girl.

Kurt just needs to have screen time for his journey and Chris will do the rest. It's almost like the writers are trapped by Kurt's iconic status , they can't seem to figure out how to give him storylines. It's just chicken shit timid writing.

I just can't get over their sheer incompetence, since the possibilities are endless for him:

Give him a stage role he's struggling at, make Kurt have rivals who are cutthroat and try to undermine him and have Kurt fight back, have Kurt set out to prove he can land a straight romantic role even with comic results, have him do something which stretches him outside the box. Let him co direct a project with Artie. Have him and Santana co star in a production, etc, etc. have him join a struggling theatre company which barely scrapes by.

The engagement isn't really a SL, it's fan service wish fulfillment , but it's not a journey, it's not even character development for him.

Artie is probably the most focused of the career paths in that it's narrowed down to wanting to be a director to create his visions, Similarly Mercedes in a singing career and a Rachel in BW, quite frankly Blaine has no journey, he's just a cypher; while Santana has no defined one but she's struggling to get to one , Sam doesn't count because nobody cares and he's not really a character other than being staggering stupid at this point.

Kurt is the one that can go in different directions whether on stage or some other aspect of performing arts; the band idea had possibilities but I'm afraid it was used more to service the guest stars and will be dropped, just like the idea thrown out earlier that he could write roles; I just want to see it now. Not success aka Rachel but the actual striving for success.

I don't mind a singing waiter Kurt as long as he gets to sing and flail away.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 1/16/2014, 2:06 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
coxfire wrote:
Blaine getting in with flying colours when those excellent singers struggled and failed.....no, just no.  :angry:

But don't you get it Marie? Blaine passes. That's Glee's message: be yourself! Don't be afraid of being who your are!! Well, unless you stand out, in this case: town it down!

Oh, you're a mean girl, Lottie Smile!! These are difficult times, you can't even make a typo and get away with it  tonguue

PS: I just PM'd you, could you confirm it worked?
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/16/2014, 2:15 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Blaine getting in with flying colours when those excellent singers struggled and failed.....no, just no.  :angry:

I wonder if we'll get to see more of NYADA once they move to New York, because I can't imagine them letting Darren butchering sing more Broadway songs. But then again: NYADA never sprouted many musical tunes to begin with, and RIB even let Rachel audition for Fanny with pop songs, so yeah.....  dryy talk about keeping it 'realistic'.

Let's be honest, any claim that NYADA is this super prestigious conservatory that only admits the best of the best of the best took a huge hit when they admitted Rachel after totally biffing her audition (outstanding Nationals performance nonwithstanding). It then took another blow when Ms. Tibideaux admitted (and then expelled on day one) a singer who she stated outright hadn't been ready at the time she auditioned (but who still got in). And then it was really shot in the head with block of wood Brody not only got into NYADA, but also had multiple Showcase performances under his belt.

And I'm really exasperated with the use of popular music when it's not appropriate. It used to be that songs were picked that fit the storyline, but now it's whatever's current. They'll just throw it in no matter how idioitic it looks. Rachel auditioning for a major Broadway production with a Journey song made absolutely no sense (and using Celine Dion for her call back even less so).
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/16/2014, 2:27 pm

Ranwing wrote:I'm going to be very meanspirited when it comes to Darren's appearance at the TCAs. He claimed that he didn't attend the PCAs because he had the flu. He was well enough to go out with Chord one or two nights before the PCAs. Now granted, flu can hit suddenly (which happened to me - I was a bridesmaid for my best friend's wedding and was fine in the morning and by the time I went home I was feverish and could barely breathe), but once it hits it takes around a week to 10 days for flu to run it's course and you pretty much feel like death the whole. If Darren got sick right before the PCAs (which were on 1/6), then logically he would still be sick and not able to attend the TCAs (on 1/13). At best, Darren would have been at the tail end of the flu but probably not well enough to attend.

So yeah... I'm calling total bullshit on the whole "I'm so sad that I can't attend because I'm *cough* sick." excuse. It's obvious to anyone with enough fingers to do a little basic math that he wouldn't have had enough time to recover. He just didn't want to be seen in the audience with his thumb up his rear end while his co-star wins (again) and when he was going to walk away with nothing.

You guys know I don't like talking too much about Darren in these boards because it takes away from the rightful focus on the one and only Cris Colfer,  tonguue , but dang it, you dragged me in Ranwing.   Darren just said in the TCA's that they had a big Dance rehearsal last Thursday for the 100th episode, which of course would have been the day after the PCA's .    

What is silly about this is that his people obviously dropped the ball..This is the "rule" about the PCA's.  Unless you are a presenter, or win something for your show/movie, or your network CBS wants you there to plug a show, you do NOT show up.  Non winners are not shown in the audience because they inform the winner ahead of time.  So it simply became awkward for someone like Darren who shows up for EVERYTHING not to show up when he was a 3 time nominee and he screamed like a banshee when the nominations came out.   As much as people say his PR is so good, they dropped the ball by not getting  him a gig as a Presenter.  He was still in caveman look the night before and his name had been pulled  out from an old list of presenters and he was never confirmed to appear with any updates, so do the math.  Regardless the "flu" was a smokescreen since losers dont' show up at the PCA's. It was pathetic and so transparent that a cosmetic company he is affiliated with implied he was going.  Yeah, right.  Rolling Eyes  Eh,  No biggie, if Chris hadn't won he would not have shown up either.  Look at all the nominees who didn't win, not a single one showed up who didn't win something  else or were a presenter, such as Naya.   She won her award on the frigging red carpet but she presented.  

Chris for the TCA's said he was bummed he couldn't go, he had logistic problems for both a book signing and a livestream but he didn't bullshit but simply said he was bummed he couldn't go.  All Darren had to have said was "Bummed I can't go, but congrats to the winners."  The flu part was just a cover, since he was in dance rehearsal the next day..LOL so much for "the flu".  I don't think it's a huge deal TBH, but I just get amused at his stans screaming he's so special and professional, he's like everyone else in HW, he plays "the game".   Smile  (personally I think he wanted to go but his handlers were aghast and said "hell no"  coool )

Now back to the real focus.   Chris at the PCA's gave the best speech and blew most of the babbling winners out of the water.   Openly biased stan here.   coool

Last edited by Buenos on 1/16/2014, 3:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 1/16/2014, 2:34 pm

coxfire wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:
coxfire wrote:

Oh, you're a mean girl, Lottie Smile!! These are difficult times, you can't even make a typo and get away with it  tonguue

PS: I just PM'd you, could you confirm it worked?

It was too funny to ignore! You know I am not a nice person  tonguue 

Got your msg  neutre 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/16/2014, 2:52 pm

Buenos wrote:In comedy and drama, what counts is the journey , not the destination.  They could salvage Rachel's somewhat if they have her crash and burn in Funny Girl.

I'm hoping that they go that route because right now, Rachel has no further story. She's gotten what she's dreamed off since she was in diapers. The only next step is her big debut, but given that we haven't seen any real focus on her rehersing (outside of the one song done with her co-star), it would fall completely flat. Right now it's another relative cake walk.

I would love to see Rachel totally blow this chance and have to claw her way back. Have her overestimate just how much she can get away with and push the director too far and get fired. Let her deal with a crushing lose, have to face returning to NYADA in humilation at having completely blown her big chance and then have to regain her self-esteam and her reputation as a performer from the ground up. That would be interesting to see and would restore a lot of my interest in Rachel's story, as well as me wanting to root for her as a character.

Kurt is the one that can go in different directions whether on stage or some other aspect of performing arts; the band idea had possibilities but I'm afraid it was used more to service the guest stars and will be dropped, just like the idea thrown out earlier that he could write roles;  I just want to see it now.  Not success aka Rachel but the actual striving for success.

I don't mind a singing waiter Kurt as long as he gets to sing and flail away.

My dream is for Kurt to sign up with a workship group preparing something for off-off-Broadway and have it become a huge success (along the lines of RENT) and then make the move to the big stage. Let him be a part of the process from the very begining, maybe even helping craft his caracter with the show's creator. One great thing about the NY theater scene is that there are so many venues and small stages where actors can develop on and grow before making the move to larger shows (and there's absolutely no shame in doing off-Broadway). I'm no more interested in seeing instant success for Kurt than I am for Rachel. I just want to see a compelling journey even if it doesn't end in success all the time.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/16/2014, 2:57 pm

Buenos wrote:Chris for the TCA's said he was bummed he couldn't go, he had logistic problems for both a book signing and a livestream but he didn't bullshit but simply said he was bummed he couldn't go.  All Darren had to have said was "Bummed I can't go, but congrats to the winners."  The flu part was just a cover, since he was in dance rehearsal the next day..LOL so much for "the flu".  I don't think it's a huge deal TBH, but I just get amused at his stans thinking he's so special and professional, he's like everyone else in HW, he plays "the game".   Smile 

That's exactly the point. I don't know when Chris's computer interview was arranged, but it was in direct conflict with the TCAs so he had a legidimate reason for not attending. Darren didn't, and because we know that if he wasn't attending it was because he didn't win any of the awards, he had to come up with a bullshit excuse to cover his ass so that he wasn't broadcasting to all his fans that he won nothing. I don't think this was Darren's PR people screwing up - it was Darren's own ego.

Now back to the real focus.   Chris at the PCA's gave the best speech and blew most of the babbling winners out of the water.   Openly biased stan here.    coool 

They need to give him more awards just so we can hear more great acceptance speeches. Nothing, I think, will ever quite top his GG acceptance speech, but he's such a wit. And we did get the gratification of not only see him getting another nice award (and beating out Darren in doing so), but we got the video of him dancing with Brian. moque
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/16/2014, 3:19 pm

coxfire wrote:But don't you get it Marie? Blaine passes. That's Glee's message: be yourself! Don't be afraid of being who your are!! Well, unless you stand out, in this case: town it down!

And that's why Blaine always wins and Kurt always loses, but yet they still constantly praise themselves for iconic gay role model Kurt the unicorn selling the "be yourself" and "it gets better" message.
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10 - Page 22 Ab-bashcomputer

Ranwing wrote:I'm going to be very meanspirited when it comes to Darren's appearance at the TCAs. He claimed that he didn't attend the PCAs because he had the flu. He was well enough to go out with Chord one or two nights before the PCAs. Now granted, flu can hit suddenly (which happened to me - I was a bridesmaid for my best friend's wedding and was fine in the morning and by the time I went home I was feverish and could barely breathe), but once it hits it takes around a week to 10 days for flu to run it's course and you pretty much feel like death the whole. If Darren got sick right before the PCAs (which were on 1/6), then logically he would still be sick and not able to attend the TCAs (on 1/13). At best, Darren would have been at the tail end of the flu but probably not well enough to attend.

It was total bullshit. As Buenos already noticed: Darren had a dance rehearsal on the morning right after the PCA's, and he was even seen walking (not driving) into the Paramount lot.

Buenos wrote:Cory, like Chris, was such a team player.  It's hard to believe it's been 6 months since we lost him, and shutting down Lima makes so much sense because nobody could fill his shoes over there.
although I can believe that Cory's death presented RIB with quite some problems for the Lima side (which they could have solved by making Mr. Shue a real leading character again, and e.g. have Sam stay in Lima) I refuse to believe that Finn dying is the main reason why they are abandoning Lima now, as I've read in some places.
Some are even saying that the newbies were solely 'invented' so Finn could have his big teacher storyline in season 4, that they maintained the choir room for Finn. But it's the actual reverse: Finn got this teacher storyline only because he was needed to prop up the noobs and Blam, and maybe because after RIB broke him and Rachel up they didn't know what to do with him.

Of course it comes in handy to 'blame' the demise of the Lima side now on Cory's death, because it's an easy and sympathetic excuse, but it's simply not true. Maybe Lima would have lasted till the end of the season had Finn still be there, but honestly: they couldn't postpone the graduation much longer anyway after ending the last season in late April, begin of May. And why would Finn have been absolutely crucial for that side when the kids were on summer holiday?
So I call bullshit on the Finn excuse.

And while I'm at it: I think RIB and Fox have overplayed the "We needed to re-write the entire season and find a new direction because Finn would be a major part of season 5" card by now. They are still using that excuse for almost every press release, or at least the media hints at it all the time.
Cory died in July. I can imagine RIB having to re-write Finn's and also Rachel's storyline of the season because of that, and I can see how losing Finn means a much weaker Lima, but let's not pretend that after the first few episodes everything Glee future related was still on the rocks and in turmoil: they had ad plenty of time by then to re-adjust the show and the season's storylines.
And it's not like they usually think that far ahead anyway. The characters are still treading water and doing absolutely nothing substantial in the same last month before graduation for almost a year, for Christ's sake.

Kurt just needs to have screen time for his journey and Chris will do the rest.  It's almost like  the writers are trapped by Kurt's iconic status , they can't seem to figure out how to give him storylines.  It's just chicken shit timid writing.
After 4 seasons all they can write for Kurt still is him being gaydiddygaydiddygaygay. He's still that unicorn who is a killer performer in canon but never seems to be able to overcome the gay face thing and get some mainstream success.
And I wouldn't even mind that storyline for him, as it's an interesting journey no matter how it plays out, but d*mmit then exploit it and take it somewhere! But all we get is him getting the message over and over again that he's just that special but still nobody really wants him because of it,... except dreamboat Blaine of course.  vomit2 

In the mean time he's only there to prop up Rachel and hold her purse, and to be engaged to Blaine. And now it looks he also can be used to give Adam Lambert a reason to sing.
Unless of course they need the big guns out for an emotional and dang good acting job, like in 'The Quarterback': then suddenly they remember who the real actors are in the cast.
 badday

Ranwing wrote:Let's be honest, any claim that NYADA is this super prestigious conservatory that only admits the best of the best of the best took a huge hit when they admitted Rachel after totally biffing her audition (outstanding Nationals performance nonwithstanding). It then took another blow when Ms. Tibideaux admitted (and then expelled on day one) a singer who she stated outright hadn't been ready at the time she auditioned (but who still got in). And then it was really shot in the head with block of wood Brody not only got into NYADA, but also had multiple Showcase performances under his belt.

And I'm really exasperated with the use of popular music when it's not appropriate. It used to be that songs were picked that fit the storyline, but now it's whatever's current. They'll just throw it in no matter how idioitic it looks. Rachel auditioning for a major Broadway production with a Journey song made absolutely no sense (and using Celine Dion for her call back even less so).
 brikwol
I'm offended on behalf of my profession and every conservatory I know.

Buenos wrote:What is silly about this is that his people obviously dropped the ball..This is the "rule" about the PCA's.  Unless you are a presenter, or win something for your show/movie, or your network CBS wants you there to plug a show, you do NOT show up.  Non winners are not shown in the audience because they inform the winner ahead of time.  So it simply became awkward for someone like Darren who shows up for EVERYTHING not to show up when he was a 3 time nominee and he screamed like a banshee when the nominations came out.   As much as people say his PR is so good, they dropped the ball by not getting  him a gig as a Presenter.  He was still in caveman look the night before and his name had been pulled  out from an old list of presenters and he was never confirmed to appear with any updates, so do the math.  Regardless the "flu" was a smokescreen since losers dont' show up at the PCA's. It was pathetic and so transparent that a cosmetic company he is affiliated with implied he was going.  Yeah, right.  Rolling Eyes  Eh,  No biggie, if Chris hadn't won he would not have shown up either.  Look at all the nominees who didn't win, not a single one showed up who didn't win something  else or were a presenter, such as Naya.   She won her award on the frigging red carpet but she presented.  

Chris for the TCA's said he was bummed he couldn't go, he had logistic problems for both a book signing and a livestream but he didn't bullshit but simply said he was bummed he couldn't go.  All Darren had to have said was "Bummed I can't go, but congrats to the winners."  The flu part was just a cover, since he was in dance rehearsal the next day..LOL.  I don't think it's a huge deal TBH, but I just get amused at his stans thinking he's so special and professional, he's like everyone else in HW, he plays "the game".   Smile
All Darren needed to do was to just not mention why he wasn't at the PCA's.
But I guess he couldn't refuse the sympathy card he pulled on his fans, maybe prompted to give a more plausible explanation to them than just "I didn't win so I didn't go" when his stans kept the delusional frenzy going on tumblr during the PCA show itself by saying Darren would probably be a surprise guest at the PCA's and show up after all.

And there was of course the urge of Darren to get back into the spotlight in the Klaine fandom right after Chris won.
Normally I would have given him the benefit of the doubt, as he can word his tweets extremely awkwardly, but the fact that he tweeted he was "bummed" and had the 'flu' right after Chris won, indicating that he was probably watching the show, but didn't even congratulate Chris right away.....  Evil or Very Mad

-ETA-
Ranwing wrote: I don't think this was Darren's PR people screwing up - it was Darren's own ego.
 banzai  This.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/16/2014, 3:26 pm

That's exactly the point. I don't know when Chris's computer interview was arranged, but it was in direct conflict with the TCAs so he had a legidimate reason for not attending.

But see, I don't think it matters if you have a legitimate reason or not.  If Chris hadn't shown up for the TCA's because he wanted to water the lawn that evening or just didn't  feel like going , that's fine.  All he said  was that he was bummed not being able to make it , which is good enough for me.  He never said his book signing or livestream is why he didn't go.  The point is he or anyone else doesn't owe us an explanation. Lea Michele didn't show up at the Emmy for Jane's tribute to Cory and I don't think she owed anyone an explanation.   My pet peeve are transparently BS answers which fool nobody.

All Darren needed to do was to just not mention why he wasn't at the PCA's.
BINGO.    He just cares too much about his image  while trying to act as if he doesn't about all this HW bullshit stuff, not a huge deal, but he just strikes me at times as  disingenuous.  As my dad would remark, "I was born in the dark but it wasn't last night."  Now having said that, I've expressed this to several of you in PM, but I hate talking too much about Darren, because for the most part I'm indifferent to him and IMO it's  self defeating in a Chris Colfer fan forum since I'd rather talk about Chris.  Ditto with Naya, Lea and others who I actually follow them and their careers.  Darren is Ok, but some his fans are beyond annoying/delusional and I'm really only interested in him per his Blaine character and how he interacts with Kurt, it doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy him in other stuff (I like his turn in the Sondheim documentary for example)so while I wish him well, it's more just in a general sense. It's like Heather Morris, she's OK but I don't really care, doesn't mean I "hate" her.   Not stopping other from giving their opinion.

AS far as these award shows, I have a very ambivalent POV about all these events because it's so much self congratulatory back slapping in the HW business, they seem to have an award show or event every other week it seems.  I like the Tonys and the Grammys because you actually have a lot of live non dubbed  performances.  Most of them, even the PCA's seem so air packed processed.  That is why when someone like Chris gives a witty speech it stands out.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/16/2014, 4:32 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Of course it comes in handy to 'blame' the demise of the Lima side now on Cory's death, because it's an easy and sympathetic excuse, but it's simply not true. Maybe Lima would have lasted till the end of the season had Finn still be there, but honestly: they couldn't postpone the graduation much longer anyway after ending the last season in late April, begin of May. And why would Finn have been absolutely crucial for that side when the kids were on summer holiday?
So I call bullshit on the Finn excuse.

IF (and it's a big if) they basically had written the entire premise of the McKinley storyline around Finn, with him having a major overreaching storyarc that most of the other storylines somehow tied into, there is absolutely no reason for the McKinley storyline to be such a mess. Not given how little they actually utalized Finn last season. And other shows have handled the deaths of prominent characters and actors before with a lot more finese. The problem is that the Glee writers have the attention of mayflies and tend to do everything by the seat of their pants. There's no consistency, and very little in the way of vision as to what they want their endpoint for various storylines to be (with the sole exception of Rachel's, who's not so eventual stardom is set in concrete).

A group of skilled writers should have been able to work out removing Finn's character relatively easily. But we're talking about Glee writers.

And while I'm at it: I think RIB and Fox have overplayed the "We needed to re-write the entire season and find a new direction because Finn would be a major part of season 5" card by now. They are still using that excuse for almost every press release, or at least the media hints at it all the time.
Cory died in July. I can imagine RIB having to re-write Finn's and also Rachel's storyline of the season because of that, and I can see how losing Finn means a much weaker Lima, but let's not pretend that after the first few episodes everything Glee future related was still on the rocks and in turmoil: they had ad plenty of time by then to re-adjust the show and the season's storylines.
And it's not like they usually think that far ahead anyway. The characters are still treading water and doing absolutely nothing substantial in the same last month before graduation for almost a year, for Christ's sake.

You have four signifigant characters graduating of which only two have any clear goal (Artie with film school and Blaine stalking Kurt for the rest of their lives). They've done absolutely nothing to further Tina (who has been reduced to such a punchline that writing her character out would be a mercy killing) and Sam (who has become so stupid that NYC pigeons have better taste than to shit on him). They've had enormous time to do something with them, but they've chosen not to. Instead we get endless filler episodes which do absolutely nothing to move any of the storylines along. Everything just drags and unlike last season (when you had characters realising that they were facing a major shift in their lives and acting with appropriate urgency), this lot just meanders.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/16/2014, 4:45 pm

Instead we get endless filler episodes which do absolutely nothing to move any of the storylines along

"Gaga/Perry",  "The end of Twerk", "Moving Out" and "Puppet Master" has to be the worst stretch of consecutive episodes in Glee's history, and that's a high bar.  It was nothing but filler.  They make "Night of Neglect" look like a masterpiece in comparison, at least that episode had some good numbers in it.

The stupid thing was that they could have wrapped up the school year, ie Nationals/Graduation in that 4 episode stretch , after the "Quarterback" but instead we waste 3 or 4 more episodes even after the hiatus just to completely dump McKinley/Ohio after all.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/16/2014, 11:10 pm

Listen , most fans are self serving, I freely admit that.  Kurt fans not immune  coool 

But even then , the mourning and teeth gnashing because Blaine might be banished to the same narrative as Kurt and is in "danger" of losing himself because  he will be there to service Kurt's plots and and just be a man purse for Kurt, and lose agency, etc, etc is beyond surreal.

Is this suddenly Season two again?  and even then....

Meanwhile, some of these same fans love the perfect chemistry and teamwork of, wait for it.... Blina aka Blaine and Tina.

Never mind that the last year and  a half Tina was reduced to a step in for wish fullfilment fangirls  of Blaine, that she existed for no other reason than to look up at her gay object of desire and lick his ass 24/7, (literally if she had her way)   said she would forego sex just to  be with him, (from someone who had the glorious body that was Michael Chang, seriously)  lose any shred of dignity and self respect and service his white shining knight SL's.   Hell he even saved her prom with his intervention.  He gets her dates and she just scrapes down at his feet in gratitude of his largesse.  Even her vapor rub is somethign he can look back at as somethig to massage his ego.    What a balanced and healty relationship.   Add that poor Jenna is a weak actress who will never walk off with any scene due to her acting or chemistry.

Oh yeah, and yet they bitch about the dangers of Kurt because of how unhealthy it is.  Rolling Eyes 

Hold on, Kurt id portrayed by Chris who is  very good actor, and Kurt is  a strong well defined character  who more then holds his own in scenes.

Never mind.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/16/2014, 11:51 pm

Of course blaine stans love Blina, because Tina never overshadowed his precious boy. On the opposite, she actually kissed the floor he walked on and worshipped 24/7, and claimed he has a good asset, I'm sorry if this the same girl who dated Mike Chang?. So, basically they love blina, because these fans feel like Tina is them, and they would like to be in her shoes.

So, now that Blaine is moving to NY, they're afraid his beloved boy will have to compete with people who can be a treat to his talent, because they're as equal or even more talented than him. I'd like to say to those girls, to calm down, because writers always find a way to put blaine in the spotlight. And they're worried this could be like season two, the season in which blaine without being a regular still sang more than other characters. Oh please.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10 - Page 22 Empty Hi, Everybody!

Post  CloveGlee 1/17/2014, 12:41 am

I haven't watched Glee regularly for almost a year now because I absolutely could not bear the new characters. I have been, in other places, severely criticised for thinking so poorly of the McKinley side of things, and I basically gave up the whole thing in despair. It seems I have missed very little, except The Quarterback, which I simply do not have the heart to watch.

Now I hear that they are SCRAPPING McKinley entirely and moving the show completely to New York.

Because, without Finn, the Fox brass finally realized what we always knew. Once the show split, the McKinley side died long before Cory did.

I call out multiple choruses of I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO....

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/17/2014, 2:56 am

CloveGlee wrote:I haven't watched Glee regularly for almost a year now because I absolutely could not bear the new characters.  I have been, in other places, severely criticised for thinking so poorly of the McKinley side of things, and I basically gave up the whole thing in despair.  It seems I have missed very little, except The Quarterback, which I simply do not have the heart to watch.

Now I hear that they are SCRAPPING McKinley entirely and moving the show completely to New York.

Because, without Finn, the Fox brass finally realized what we always knew.  Once the show split, the McKinley side died long before Cory did.

I call out multiple choruses of I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO....

Well yea, bullies basically tried to make it sound as if anything that wasn't in step with Blam/Blee/Noobs being the new Golden Age of McKinley Glee  was just delusional fans who couldn't let go of discarded original cast.    

One thing I never understood was their rationale that New Direction members  stripped of any tension, conflict, obstacles,  drive or special reasons for being in it, lacking any original characters that were not knockoffs, composed of even older cast members who had at best been used as support/background previously, with no strong female presence (which had always been one of it's strengths) and whose  new ND  members  could not articulate nor show WHY New Directions still mattered, was somehow a better dynamics and more appealing group.

It was bizarre, it was almost as if they wanted an antiseptic, cleaned up, sanitized scrubbed down version of the show, making it FOX's version of  HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL, where a bland, passive victim like Marley was infinitely preferable than driven, flawed and determined Rachel.

Nobody ever claimed the show was perfect  or with major script problems even before,  but the concept of dumping all the stronger and colorful characters to the side was somehow a formula for success?

Of course anyone who questioned this was "wrong".  Anybody who said that there were serious problems come Graduation were delusional.  Anyone who questioned the ratings, the ITUNE sales, the critical cry for more New York were wallowing in "negativity"; anybody who noted the lack of strong compelling characters was blind who couldn't face the old reality  that Blam/ Noobs were soo much better as leading characters on the show.  Anybody who said that here was no mojo for the show was shown that all shows have "natural decline" and that Glee's in Season 4 wasn't any worse but in line with finding Glee's "niche audience."  In the words of Norwegian Wood, "F*** you, Glee has stabilized in it's ratings." Yup it stabilized down to .9.   Shocked   To some Chord being shirtless trumped all.

Add to that the cry of Seasons 1 and 2 were "overrated", never mind that they made the show a hit and a goldmine.

What was surreal is that even the few scraps of NY screen time was begrudged by them, they pronounced it was a waste of time to spend anything on NY and its characters who lacked colorful costumes and "fun" numbers.

So confident were they of their successful formula that they would pronounce that NY must say the minority narrative because there are "less characters" there, IOW 10 more Marleys would trump everything.

Obviously FOX who pays the bills was forced to pull the plug publicly on a format that was NOT working.  

All I can sayt is Karma's  a bitch.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/17/2014, 5:40 am

it was just ryan's ever present dilution that it was the formula that made glee an overnight sensation and not the fantastic actors and characters in season one. that is why he and everyone else at fox was gobsmacked when twittergate happened and were in shock at the sheer protest from fans and media alike if their faves leave. they are doing now what should have been done after season 3. but it's too little too effing late. nobody effing cares anymore.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/17/2014, 10:59 am

Hi @CloveGlee, nice to see you're still around.

It's such a damn shame that it's all too little too late now. People told them so (RIB and certain fandom fraction alike) but they wouldn't listen.
Glee is broken, and all the King's horses and men will never be able to put it back together again.

From tumblr:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10 - Page 22 Tumblr_mgeo1axtIG1qd65cqo1_r1_250  Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10 - Page 22 Tumblr_mgeo1axtIG1qd65cqo3_r1_250
an accurate representation of the entire Glee fandom…
x

What I (and others) predicted a long time ago is also happening now:
The Blaine and Blam stans who lauded the newbies and were heavily in favor of the Lima side of Glee after the split are now "really sorry" that the noobs will be kicked to the curb, but they have no problem with Glee moving to New York (the narrative they despised for a whole season and a half!) because of blablabla 'reasons'. blahh
If this had happened before they were sure that Blaine and Sam would be in New York as well they would be screaming bloody murder now. But I see nothing of that on tumblr: no protests that Glee is no longer Glee without the glee club, no sympathy for the noobs, and they don't mind Tina not moving to New York too even though they flailed over Blina being bff as long as she was blowing smoke up Blaine's ass.

No, it's all: get Blaine to New York where Kurt is already 'cause "Klaine!!11!1!!" (tumblr is infected by posts like this). And even that is phony, because they are already threatening to quit Glee if Blaine has to take a step back in focus and return to being a 2nd tier character in favor of Kurt focus.
They're panicking, because if anything, the triple PCA failure and Darren having to say his character "belongs in New York because...... uhm..... his fiance is there!", pointed out painfully once again that Blaine is still nothing as a character without Kurt, even though they gave him the primary focus for 1 1/2 seasons!

It was so obvious that these 'Glee fans' only favored McKinley and Lima because Blaine was there. At the same time they begrudged New York their 5 minutes of screentime and 1 song per episode, and they loathed Kurt's relative freedom away from Blaine. But instead of admitting that they tried to shut down any protest against Blaine/Blam/Blina's Lima, overflooding and ridiculing negative posts on tumblr etc., while downplaying and criticizing the NY side.

New York was too dark, too serious, too mature, had no 'fun' songs, the characters got their successes too easily (for real? jeez), Rachel was too much Lea and Kurt was OOC (whenever he showed interest in sex with not Blaine, that is), NY had no colour, etc.: as if the viewers are toddlers who need to be distracted and entertained with a new rattle or other shiny toy every other minute to keep them engaged.
Whenever there was a new character introduced in the NY side, whether it was a guest star or a love interest, they shouted "Glee is overcrowded enough as it is! Don't give them stories or songs!", but at the same time they said that NY didn't work with only 3 characters.
Glee New York was to them like "'Friends' with singing" and they didn't want that, but the 1 episode that Blam was there NY suddenly became the bestest ever!!!1!!11!!! Because all that dull loft needed to come alive was characters Blaine and Sam there. Pleezzzz.  vomit2

Okay, I clearly had to get that out of my system, lol.  rentine  blushh
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/17/2014, 2:36 pm

Here's the the thing, there are changes coming to Glee.

For the better? Ha! as any fan will tell you nobody is going to hold their breath expecting Glee at this point to actually be good. Ratings are so bad that it will probably struggle until the end of it's run.

However, if FOX sticks to it's guns and insists that only the NY format will continue this year, I doubt if they will be able to revive Mckinley in any form next year. Some of the Noobs may move on to other gigs, and besides McKinley can't survive as the minor narrative. I suspect Matt Morrison will sign on as a guest star with recurring appearances next year, which will allow him to explore other pursuits.

Like I mentioned, Lea Michele will be back to top dog on this narrative , and she will be the leading star. I just hope they make her journey somewhat interesting because for now it's a dead end. Suspect that "Funny Girl" she is going to crash and burn and they are going to reboot her arc in NY. I doubt if getting rid of Lima they will give her big BW stardom yet, they have to milk this puppy for another year and a a half. I suspect the women are going to rule the roost in NY, especially songwise if Mercedes is actually back.

The reality is that they've never given NY any kind of a real shot, after the setup last year they gave it something like 5-10 minutes per episode, if that.

Blam won't go away but with all the fresh hells of Glee that will arise, I seriously doubt even RIB have any illusions that the Blee/Blam show made a success of the McKinley side. "Moving out" was a horrible episode, but better actors/singers in the NY side are not comparable to the boring black hole mediorcrity that was the Noobs/Heather that allowed Blam 24/7.

I'm prepared that Glee will dissapoint us in new ways, fully expect to create a new female character as the love interest of Sam. I think they will give Rachel a new LI guy TBH. As to Klaine? They may make them break the engagement now that there is the real danger of actual being together, so we'll have to wait and see.

I'm not going to lie, I expect Chris to be MORE on my TV screen so it's good for me. Just want him to have some good acting scenes and a couple of nice songs in the 16 months he has left on this show. I harbor no illusions he will be a leading character not a vocal showcase, but just some decent screentime Kurt for me, looking as gorgeous as ever, and I won't bitch too much, for now.

Who am I kidding, I'll still bitch. Razz 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Porcelain 1/17/2014, 7:54 pm

The creepy fanboy must be absolutely creaming himself over all the selfies Chord is stroking his ego with.  Razz
Porcelain
Porcelain
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10 - Page 22 Empty t

Post  Buenos 1/17/2014, 8:11 pm

Porcelain wrote:The creepy fanboy must be absolutely creaming himself over all the selfies Chord is stroking his ego with.  Razz

It's downright embarassing. phr34r  Lack of self awareness is such a sad thing.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Porcelain 1/17/2014, 8:47 pm

Buenos wrote:
Porcelain wrote:The creepy fanboy must be absolutely creaming himself over all the selfies Chord is stroking his ego with.  Razz

It's downright embarassing. phr34r   Lack of self awareness is such a sad thing.
I don't know about lack of self awareness. I think he just has no shame.  mrgreen 
Porcelain
Porcelain
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/17/2014, 9:43 pm

Some hypothetical forums really should get over themselves, seriously.

Cyberspace is a big enough  place without some overcompensating for their lack of cyber assets I'm just saying... phr34r 

My goodness, entitled children should just grow up. Lurkers here should put on their man pants or big girl panties and accept the real adult world has different and divergent opinions and that creepy stalker  boys and misguided fangirls can't protect them forever in a bubble of delusion and censoring.  This Osh kosh whining is most unbecoming.

Pseudo " infant therapy" threads are just ...scary.

Not all discussion needs to be in the level of " I can't....sddggteswqtgghxz ..I'm dying...!"

This of course comes from a place of caring and concern.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next