Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10

+29
TimF
JamieRulz
angelnessa
Kurt addict
CloveGlee
Porcelain
ChrisColferFan1
Delight
glimmerle
Ireth
tanita_mors
sheny
sjonnepon
Georgette888
AnneNeville
coxfire
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
valkeakuulas
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Divalicious
Buenos
Glorfindel
SippyCupofLuv
Jellyrolls
ColferInspired
Lottie2303
33 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10

Post  Jellyrolls 1/12/2014, 10:46 pm

Buenos wrote:Just a thought some of us voted more because we wanted Chris to win more than we wanted others to lose.

IOW it was more about Chris.

I think all of us voted because we wanted Chris to win, but many of us voted a lot more because we wanted to make sure that he didn't lose to Darren. Last year, I probably voted less than 50 times. This year, I voted more than 20,000.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10

Post  Buenos 1/12/2014, 10:49 pm

Irony , it is dead.   coool

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/13/2014, 12:35 am

ColferInspired wrote:Well, I only voted 10 times for Chris in 2012.

But after the way Darren carried on at the PCA announcements fueled my determination to make sure he didn't.  dryy 

And I think it did with others as well as the voting for Chris was fierce.

The way Darren carried on at the PCA announcement is a big reason I did not want him to win anything .Especially the PCA for best comedy actor,
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/13/2014, 4:44 pm

to be clear, i would have voted for chris anyway, but probably just a few clicks a day rather than clicking my shoulder into a painful injury. i am still bitter about it.  :angry: 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/13/2014, 4:50 pm

No problemo as I just want to be one voice of what IMO are many Kurt fans who voted for Chris for the PCA's primarily because they are fans of him, and don't give a rat's ass all that much about any other actor, their primary reason is Chris. I'm sure I'm joined by tens of thousands in this sentiment , if not in this forum that is totally OK. As my niece said, "I voted for Chris because I liked him so much."
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/13/2014, 4:55 pm

if not for chris i wouldn't know about this award in the first place.  Smile 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/13/2014, 9:35 pm

It's fascinating and hilarious the scrambling already by the ass lickers. phr34r 

They are faced with the acknowledgement by the PTB of the utter failure of the Noobs experiment and that NY is the one and only setting for the show, which means the PTB had to recognize who the true stars of the show were.   All their past  rationalizations that the ratings, the numbers, the itunes and the critical snubbbing of the show are proven wrong, as it has  to mean "something" that  the show is ditching their beloved Glee Noobs which they screamed 24/7 were infinitely better than the old cast  and were  more colorful and better performers, chemistry, etc.   LMAO.  Obrigado panties and Norwegian boxer shorts  are mourning for the death of their Jarley, since they "loved" their Jake/Marley.  Of course with Tina probably gone, they'll forget about her in about 3 seconds and long as they can get their beloved character  bisexual for a split second again they will be thrilled .  LOL.

I guess that pseudo Disharmony moderator has to eat her shit after she's ragged she's despised all things NY for the last year and half.    It's wonderful!! Razz  and couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of delusional idiots.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/14/2014, 10:04 am

Speaking of the ass lickers, sometimes I wonder how many of those people were Gleeks before the newbies came, because I don't get how all of sudden they're 'noobs lovers', and claims NY is not Glee and MK side is way better. Seriously, were they fans before or what the hell they were?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/14/2014, 2:11 pm

brisallie wrote:Speaking of the ass lickers, sometimes I wonder how many of those people were Gleeks before the newbies came, because I don't get how all of sudden they're 'noobs lovers', and claims NY is not Glee and MK side is way better. Seriously, were they fans before or what the hell they were?

I think a lot of these ass lickers are johnny come lately's and never got what made the show wildly popular back in seasons 1 and 2.  Plus many of them are very very young and  try to hide the fact they weren't really fans of Rachel, Kurt and Santana to begin with so they rode the coattails of the changes in S4.  They never cared for Mercedes, Puck, etc, all that much either.  To them Glee is just a show with music videos. That's different from invested stans like fuckingImamzed and Norweigan wood who just have their own warped agenda and used the Noobs as convenient cover.

So when the show tried to promote the Noobs suddenly the Noobs were WAY better than the original cast, were adopted by these asslickers as their own, ie  the Noobs have this incredible chemistry that the Originals never did and were better singers/dancers, etc.  They are so much more fun in their group numbers and they don't have all that inconvenient tension and infighting of the Original Glee!  I loved how they knew  Marley was a passive nondescript boring cypher of  a character but that was  better than Rachel because they could "relate"so much more to her being a sad sack person, because was "nicer" unlike the driven and complicated Rachel.  At the same time it was much better that New Directions were no longer underdogs.  Say what?   To hear them it was hard to believe the original Glee was ever successful, because everything suffered in comparison to Blam/Noobs New Directions.  Never mind the annoying fact that the Noobs were pale deliberately  2.0 imitations of the originals, (the show would point that up) the problem with the show was NEW YORK,  NY sucked beyond all measure, was bone crushing boring, Rachel and Kurt are too much alike;  Yet the stats concerning the falling  ratings, itunes decline and critical complaints meant absolutely nothing.   One hypothetical forum in particular was/is a bubble of delusion and denial.  (Glee always declines in numbers!),  I swear if Glee fell to 0.5 in it's Demos they would claim it was within its yearly ratings decline.  Or else that the show has stabilized into it's niche  audience and ratings. Or itunes declined because they personally just do illegal downloads, Rolling Eyes 

So now they are stuck between a rock and a hard place.  They thought the Noobs (made 'regulars')  and McKinley would always safely rule the roost so they would sanctimoniously claim fans needed to move on,  love the revised format of the  show and not be so "negative".  Pseudo moderators would shut any discussion that was not Noob Friendly and gungho but of course crapping on the "color less NY" setting and characters was OK.

Now that the show is publicly going all NY, and the show runners have basically conceded the revised McKinley was a mistake, that (shocker!)  some of the "negativity" had merit,  let's see if the ass lickers take up their own pompous counsel, stop being so "negative" stop comparing the NY characters to the soon departed Noobs, stop acting as if Glee is what they want and not the show runners intend, stop failing to see the potential in NY and the colorful characters there, etc, etc.  

Yup these  show runners are shifting the show to the same New York that the asslickers swore up and down was ruining the show and dragging it down.  Wow, I wonder if they will now understand why fans of the original cast were so upset after 3 years of loyal service they were dumped aside since after 1 1/2 years the ass lickers "bonded" with the newer cast and loved them.   Will they now as they lectured others "don't hold to the past, the show has moved on."  Ah irony!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/15/2014, 2:59 pm

Thanks for that explanation Buenos. And you know, I suspected most of the 'noob lovers' where actually a bunch of teenagers who only cared about the music stuff and not the storyline itself, for these people while Glee keep covering great songs,everything was fine.And as I said previously, it took me by surprise, because though I don't see myself as a gleek now, I appreciate those old days Glee was good and tried to have a message, and some people felt identified with it. So yeah, these new so called 'fans', seems to care only about the songs, how good looking or nice are these new characters.

In addition, I also wondered if they would get something by praising the newbies, because unlike most of the people who wanted the old gang to come back, instead, ass lickers had this speech as please move on, don't stick in the past and so on.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/15/2014, 3:23 pm

Also Some of these ass lickers are also fans with axes to grind over Rachel being the star/lead of the show and the main singer for 3 years.  Some also resented the acclaim and SL focus Chris as Kurt would get.  Their resentment was palpable.  

So the 'Blee'  show was their wet fantasy come to life.  Nothing was going to stop them from saying the show was greater and better than ever.   Rolling Eyes   I'm sure many Scandinavian boxer shorts and Obrigado panties were...,.. (No I will be good)

Then you had the creepy gay Chord stalker, no lets not go there either ...  tonguue 

The weird thing is none if these ass lickers seemed to like anything about the original show itself.  Glee was always flawed but at its best it had very nice moments.

Even now in S5 I thought there were some good scenes/ acting/numbers in 'The Quarterback' and Naya as sexy Mrs. Claus in the XMAS episode was hilarious.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/15/2014, 3:45 pm

I've to confess something, after Glee has going down hill since season 4, if not that previously didn't had its issues, but they weren't as notorious as now, I realized that Kurt wasn't this character LOVED by everyone. Innocently (or stupidly) I used to believe Kurt had not haters, or not so many. But then I was shocked to realize some people were really harsh to him, and I can't deny it made me felt sad and upset. And those people are the ones who don't want the storyline to be focused on NY.

P.S Wait, Chord had a gay stalker? I didn't know that  blink
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/15/2014, 3:56 pm

I'll tell you about that one in PM, there are so many stories about that one...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Porcelain 1/15/2014, 4:25 pm

Buenos wrote:I'll tell you about that one in PM, there are so many stories about that one...
Longtime lurker, but I just had to post. I'm really curious about this ass licker in particular!  Smile 
Porcelain
Porcelain
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/15/2014, 7:30 pm

I do feel bad for some of the young Noob stans who were sold a bill of Goods in one of the hypothetical forums. Their admin people knew/suspected that a NY move was imminent but deliberately kept on telling them it wasn't going to happen because of their own agendas. Those were the real assholes, not the folks who genuinely liked the Noobs.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 1/15/2014, 8:43 pm

Buenos wrote:I do feel bad for some of the young  Noob stans who were sold a bill of Goods in one of the hypothetical forums.  Their admin people knew/suspected that a NY move was imminent but deliberately kept on telling them it wasn't going to happen because of their own agendas.   Those were the real assholes, not the folks who genuinely liked the Noobs.

Oh? I don't even lurk on hypothetical forums. I didn't know there was any reason to think administrators knew anything more than other fans . . .

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/16/2014, 1:44 am

NGL,

Hypothetical forums wore it like a mantra that ratings were meaningless for Glee which means an all NY Glee if the ratings stay low the ass lickers there should really just continue to say "ratings are meaningless."

Doubt they would be that consistent.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/16/2014, 1:56 am

The way that The Backlot and now Broadway dot com are kissing Darren's ass, some people are thinking something is going on behind the scenes that his people paid them for this PR because Darren might be needing it right now.

This is not my opinion, just what I am seeing with others comments and speculation.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/16/2014, 2:58 am

IN all fairness, PR people work with magazines, websites, media, etc, all the time , it's just part of the biz. For example, stuff like People's 100 sexiest women/men are usually the result of behind the scenes negotiation between PR people and these media sites.

Chis' PR people do very well getting him PR when he wants to promote his books, and I know Lea's people are tying to drum up stuff for her album. BTW, her single "Louder" isn't doing all that badly all things considered.

I do wish Amber is able to get her album released, I suspect I would enjoy it the most of all of them, (per my musical tastes/genre). I love Naya , but I'm not sure I would like her album if it's all like her first single.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/16/2014, 5:52 am

ColferInspired wrote:The way that The Backlot and now Broadway dot com are kissing Darren's ass, some people are thinking something is going on behind the scenes that his people paid them for this PR because Darren might be needing it right now.

This is not my opinion, just what I am seeing with others comments and speculation.
The Backlot is just embarrassing themselves now.

They didn't even congratulate Chris with his PCA win, but literally said that if he hadn't won who would they have wanted to win instead? His co-star Darren.
I mean: what is that even?   blinkk  pauly 
What twisted trail of thoughts provoked such a response to an out and proud gay man winning a very popular award?  Evil or Very Mad 

Darren has a very good PR team, that's true. But it satisfies me to see that any articles about him never get as many hits and comments as the mere mentioning of Chris in other articles get.
So, let them have their straight ally boner for as long as it lasts. I hope someday the Backlot will beg for Chris to give an interview, and he will decline them because he "ain't got time for that".  Wink
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/16/2014, 6:07 am

I know that this is a minority opinion but my own snark and bark on Kurt's journey on Glee.

While I am a big Lea Michele fan and yes, a Rachel Stan, I think her journey has been seriously compromised by her inevitable rise to Broadway stardom.  It's like having an "endgame" in a career, it's preordained so where is the fun in that?  Ditto Blaine and everybody falling over themselves appointing him the best at whatever he does.

The more interesting journeys I feel are both Kurt and Santana.  Neither one of them is automatically anointed the best ever.  If anything Santana's journey is complicated because she doesn't know what she wants, other than a vague (and yes shallow) concept of "fame"; she's still struggling to know what her passion or calling will be.

Kurt is different, the show keeps pounding that he needs to be true to himself, but what exactly is that?  I think he can have a successful arc in Glee without achieving Rachel type of Broadway success, in fact, I think it would be far more interesting if Kurt is comfortable with himself and his journey on Glee ends with him still working on getter better in his craft, having roles and that his being gay is in a sense irrelevant.    His character feels he needs to express himself through music and stage, to be himself,   It's not fame that moves him as much as self expression, though voicing concern  that he will never get mainstream success was a realistic frustration for him  in Episode 4 or 5.  Yet both in "The boy next door" and "Being Alive" Kurt expresses his passion through his music, and that makes his stage journey more interesting than Rachel's.   Kurt's success doesn't depend on being "the best" like Rachel's is, but rather in being the best Kurt he can be.

So Yeah, I think he has the more interesting journal.  Razz

On a real snarky note this video  from the PCA's from 2011:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZkc2SRVbf8

LOL, it shows what I loved about Cory and love  about Chris, they could have imposed themselves on Jane Lynch's  floor hogging acceptance speech but they quite frankly aren't all that concerned about it, letting her have her attention whore place in the sun.   So adorable and I miss Cory so much.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 1/16/2014, 10:10 am

Buenos wrote:
I know that this is a minority opinion but my own snark and bark on Kurt's journey on Glee.

While I am a big Lea Michele fan and yes, a Rachel Stan, I think her journey has been seriously compromised by her inevitable rise to Broadway stardom.  It's like having an "endgame" in a career, it's preordained so where is the fun in that?  Ditto Blaine and everybody falling over themselves appointing him the best at whatever he does.

The more interesting journeys I feel are both Kurt and Santana.  Neither one of them is automatically anointed the best ever.  If anything Santana's journey is complicated because she doesn't know what she wants, other than a vague (and yes shallow) concept of "fame"; she's still struggling to know what her passion or calling will be.

Are you sure this post needs to be in the snark and bark?  neutre 

I have to agree that Glee does no favours for Rachel by having her easily overcoming every obstacle in her path towards her Broadway dream. It has already been said before-- how Rachel can choke on an audition and still get into NYADA, how Rachel can win at the Winter showcase and beat a long-standing favourite on the first try, how Rachel's nemesis Cassandra would suddenly turn into her cheerleader for no discernible reason, how Rachel can win the Funny Girl lead part without any decent competition. The writers have made her journey so predictable that it has become boring and without suspense. If the writing had been better, we as the audience should feel her triumphs as being well-deserved and long in coming, instead of predictable and unrealistic. I have to hand it to Lea. She still manages to make me care about Rachel, despite the poor writing.

Unlike another Glee character who wins at everything...

I do feel a bit sorry for Santana fans. Despite her being included in NYC, they really haven't shown much about her aspirations or her journey. Well, aside from that 'I want to be a ballet dancer' that came out of left field, and that thrush treatment TV ad. They've given her a girlfriend but that storyline sort of fizzled and died, and went nowhere.

I wonder how would a NYC-focussed Glee turn out? Ah, only time would tell. I just sincerely hope that the Klaine doesn't take up most of Kurt's screentime. Kurt's relationship dynamics with non-Blaine characters are more interesting to me. I always get the impression that Kurt tends to get turned into a Stepford wife around Blaine.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/16/2014, 11:38 am

Buenos wrote:I know that this is a minority opinion but my own snark and bark on Kurt's journey on Glee.

To me, the single biggest mistake that the show has made in regards to Rachel's "journey" to to make her end point (being a big Broadway star) pretty much a foregone conclusion. I had no issue with having her have big dreams of stardom which is really the core of her character. It was the fact that the made it an absolute certainty that she would achieve that goal, do it in record time and do it with minimal complications. She went from being the star of ND to being the star of NYADA (in her first freaking semester!) to being on the cusp of being a Broadway star. Having her success be so pre-ordained just drains any real drama from her storyline and makes it an empty exercise in wish fulfillment.

As for Blaine... the less said the better. That a middle of the road talent gets lauded so often as such a fantastic, gifted performer frustrates me to no end. The fact that he's going to coast into NYADA (with no on-screen audition) while Kurt had to audition twice in order to get admitted and Jesse and Elliot (far stronger singers and performers) didn't is a stretch of the imagination that I just can't handwave away. I find it mortally offensive.

The more interesting journeys I feel are both Kurt and Santana. Neither one of them is automatically anointed the best ever. If anything Santana's journey is complicated because she doesn't know what she wants, other than a vague (and yes shallow) concept of "fame"; she's still struggling to know what her passion or calling will be.

Kurt is different, the show keeps pounding that he needs to be true to himself, but what exactly is that? I think he can have a successful arc in Glee without achieving Rachel type of Broadway success, in fact, I think it would be far more interesting if Kurt is comfortable with himself and his journey on Glee ends with him still working on getter better in his craft, having roles and that his being gay is in a sense irrelevant. His character feels he needs to express himself through music and stage, to be himself, It's not fame that moves him as much as self expression, though voicing concern that he will never get mainstream success was a realistic frustration for him in Episode 4 or 5. Yet both in "The boy next door" and "Being Alive" Kurt expresses his passion through his music, and that makes his stage journey more interesting than Rachel's. Kurt's success doesn't depend on being "the best" like Rachel's is, but rather in being the best Kurt he can be. So Yeah, I think he has the more interesting journal.

Kurt's story, at this stage, has the potential to be more compelling than Rachels because his has the element of real doubt in regards to his chances of success. There's no destiny of being a huge star the way Rachel has. But I also think that it's more compelling because of what Kurt's actually focus and goals are. For Rachel, her goal is to be a star along the lines of her idols (Patti, Barbra, Bernadette). There's no middle ground for her. She can't just be a successful performer to be happy - she's got to be the best of the best. Anything short of that is failure. If the show wanted to explore that, to show her being unsatisified despite working regularly because she's not getting the big headlining roles, that might be interesting. Sadly, they won't allow Rachel to be anything short of the next Barbra.

Kurt, OTOH, can be happy not being the biggest star on the planet. His challenges are much harder because he's not a stereotypical leading man type. But his potential to be iconic is there because he's so unique. Rachel might be easy to fit into established parts, but Kurt can be the kind of performer that they actually write parts for (especially ones that take advantage of his one of a kind voice). I just think that because nothing is so set in strone that they have more to actually work with than Rachel's storyline. His goals might not be as grandeous as Rachel's, but they're no less valid. I do get more of a sense that while Rachel uses performing as a way to get what really gratifies her emotionally ("I need applause to live!"), with Kurt it's more than he needs to perform to live. So long as he can earn a living doing what he loves, Kurt can find fulfillment.

Santana also has a lot to work with since she, at this point, doesn't have any clear goals. She dropped out of school and has come to NY with no clear goals or prospects. Seeing her explore the world and finding what really lights her passion on fire can be facinating if the show actually allows her to develop and test the waters to see where she fits in.

On a real snarky note this video  from the PCA's from 2011:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZkc2SRVbf8

LOL, it shows what I loved about Cory and love  about Chris, they could have imposed themselves on Jane Lynch's  floor hogging acceptance speech but they quite frankly aren't all that concerned about it, letting her have her attention whore place in the sun.   So adorable and I miss Cory so much.

Chris and Cory are (were) class acts. They never overstepped and tried to use the success of someone else for their own benefit. The fandom is lucky to have had both of them to emulate.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/16/2014, 12:39 pm

Ranwing wrote:As for Blaine... the less said the better. That a middle of the road talent gets lauded so often as such a fantastic, gifted performer frustrates me to no end. The fact that he's going to coast into NYADA (with no on-screen audition) while Kurt had to audition twice in order to get admitted and Jesse and Elliot (far stronger singers and performers) didn't is a stretch of the imagination that I just can't handwave away. I find it mortally offensive.
Same.
Blaine getting in with flying colours when those excellent singers struggled and failed.....no, just no.  :angry:

I wonder if we'll get to see more of NYADA once they move to New York, because I can't imagine them letting Darren butchering sing more Broadway songs. But then again: NYADA never sprouted many musical tunes to begin with, and RIB even let Rachel audition for Fanny with pop songs, so yeah.....  dryy talk about keeping it 'realistic'.

Chris and Cory are (were) class acts. They never overstepped and tried to use the success of someone else for their own benefit. The fandom is lucky to have had both of them to emulate.
This.  wub
They had so much fun in the background when Jane forgot (understandably) that Glee won a PCA too. But they never tried to take the spotlight away from her at that moment.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 1/16/2014, 1:10 pm

Blaine getting in with flying colours when those excellent singers struggled and failed.....no, just no.  :angry:

But don't you get it Marie? Blaine passes. That's Glee's message: be yourself! Don't be afraid of being who your are!! Well, unless you stand out, in this case: town it down!

Let's worship mediocrity and average!!
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next