Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

+31
JamieRulz
Porcelain
Kurt addict
Divalicious
Delight
mindschemez
msjoanlucette
valkeakuulas
Georgette888
ladydianab
opals
sheny
Jellyrolls
coxfire
ChrisColferFan1
angelnessa
ColdFlame96
Piciollina
MoviesAreLife
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
Glorfindel
tanita_mors
Ranwing
bayth
brisallie
fantastica
Lottie2303
ColferInspired
arina
Buenos
35 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 29 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Post  ColferInspired 2/16/2014, 3:41 am

brisallie wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 29 Tumblr_n12r9oIYOu1qc0ad2o1_250  Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 29 Tumblr_n12r9oIYOu1qc0ad2o2_250

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 29 Tumblr_n12r9oIYOu1qc0ad2o3_500

So cute! But what are these articles about? Did he use to do some reviews?

This lady kept these programs, these are were they are from. And then she included the bio.

I love the Reece Pieces 4 ever. That is so damn cute.  wub
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 29 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 2/16/2014, 4:38 am

[quote="ColferInspired"]
brisallie wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 29 Tumblr_n12r9oIYOu1qc0ad2o1_250  Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 29 Tumblr_n12r9oIYOu1qc0ad2o2_250

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 29 Tumblr_n12r9oIYOu1qc0ad2o3_500

So cute! But what are these articles about? Did he use to do some reviews?

This lady kept these programs, these are were they are from. And then she included the bio.

I love the Reece Pieces 4 ever. That is so damn cute.  wub[/quote

This is too adorable! He has always been such a sweet sugar lol  wub 
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 2/16/2014, 5:04 am

I know people sometimes don't believe his stories about the lunch ladies for instance, but here he is at the tender age of 10 already thanking them. I truly believe what he says about himself: that he might not have bee the smartest kid or even the easiest, but he was a great kid. Smile
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 2/16/2014, 6:00 am

valkeakuulas wrote:I know people sometimes don't believe his stories about the lunch ladies for instance, but here he is at the tender age of 10 already thanking them. I truly believe what he says about himself: that he might not have bee the smartest kid or even the easiest, but he was a great kid. Smile

Yeah, his acknowledgements all really hit me in the heart.  crycry wub 
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/16/2014, 6:21 am

Chris is always honest with his fans and in his interviews.

This is again more proof.

It was such a treat coming across these on tumblr and grateful for the lovely lady to share this with his fans.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/16/2014, 12:00 pm

Ireth wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:I know people sometimes don't believe his stories about the lunch ladies for instance, but here he is at the tender age of 10 already thanking them. I truly believe what he says about himself: that he might not have bee the smartest kid or even the easiest, but he was a great kid. Smile

Yeah, his acknowledgements all really hit me in the heart.  crycry wub 
It's very sweet. To think that these people he thanked were Chris' life line while growing up.  crycry 

And he wasn't kidding when he said he was the little boy in every play/musical possible!  ohmy Even back then they must have seen his amazing talent, to cast him in all these prominent kid roles, even when it was only for local community theatre.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/16/2014, 12:47 pm

I have never turned my nose up at actors who play in community theater. For young actors like Chris, it can be a vital entry point into the theater world, allowing them to hone there skills and learn how to perform in front of an audience. Not every kid lives in close proximity to Broadway, where they can start on big stages at the very start of their careers. And getting cast in so many parts certainly is a good indication of Chris's talent being recognized and nurtured at a very early stage.

I think that Chris can very easily jump to a Broadway role given his background in both stage work and television. He's shown himself to be an adaptable performer who can modulate his performance style (unlike some stage actors who never quite shake off the OTT style that works on stage, but less well on television and film). Let the right role come along once he has the freedom to pick from projects and I'm sure that he will do amazingly well.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 2/16/2014, 2:28 pm

Watching Sotchi, Chris is "on" the ice Smile!!
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/16/2014, 2:29 pm

Great shout out to Chris from Johnny Weir, wondering if he ever expected to hear his voice at the Olympics!  bounce 
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/16/2014, 2:33 pm

I love that Johnny mentioned Chris by name!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/16/2014, 2:46 pm

is he skating to a song by chris ???
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/16/2014, 3:08 pm

^I'm not sure because I haven't checked anything yet, but I think Johnny Weir is a commentator (for the US?) at the Olympics, and he mentioned Chris by name when the German icedancing pair was skating to his 'Le Jazz Hot' again.  neutre 

I'll go see if I get more info.

-ETA-
Here it is:

"I wonder if Chris Colfer ever thought he’d hear his voice over the Olympic loudspeakers?"
— Johnny Weir, during his commentary on German ice dancers Zhiganshina and Gazsi’s short program in Sochi.
 Smile  wub
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 2/16/2014, 3:14 pm

The previous time this couple skated was for the team medal. This time it's for the pair skate medal. They don't change the routine for competitions...
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/16/2014, 4:22 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^I'm not sure because I haven't checked anything yet, but I think Johnny Weir is a commentator (for the US?) at the Olympics, and he mentioned Chris by name when the German icedancing pair was skating to his 'Le Jazz Hot' again.  neutre 

I'll go see if I get more info.

-ETA-
Here it is:

"I wonder if Chris Colfer ever thought he’d hear his voice over the Olympic loudspeakers?"
— Johnny Weir, during his commentary on German ice dancers Zhiganshina and Gazsi’s short program in Sochi.
 Smile  wub

so heart warming to hear it. of course chris is famous in the LGBT community. JW may be a fan of his too.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/16/2014, 5:00 pm

^Fun fact: my kids and I are fanatic watchers of "Say yes to the dress" (a series about a wedding dress shop in NY, don't judge  Smile ), and I have several of those episodes on DVR to binge watch them whenever we want.
Yesterday I actually watched the episode which had Johhny Weir in it (bff of the bride). And I had no idea he was a commentator at the Olympics, so I didn't connect anything untill today.
Talk about coincidence.  hapitgh
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/16/2014, 6:25 pm

How great is that Chris was mentioned in the Olympics Smile I'm just waiting his reaction.

@Marie, I also like "Say yes to the dress"
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunshine 2012 2/16/2014, 7:27 pm

I think there should be a special award for best performance of a musical number during the Olympics.

Sunshine 2012
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/16/2014, 7:57 pm

The German team got a compliment from Tara Lipinski about using a single piece of music for their entire performance instead of using multiple numbers spliced together. Le Jazz Hot is really a perfect musical number for an ice dancing presentation because it had the right dance rhythms, changes of tempo and rising to a climax right at the point where they want to do their final lift. It really worked well for them, and I loved their characterization in the performance. Admittedly, I was rooting for them, simply because of their excellent taste in music.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/16/2014, 9:17 pm

Another twitter trend:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 29 Tumblr_n1432qNSH41qe476yo1_500

I don't know who starts these things (I don't think I saw a rally post for this one in his tag) but I like it. neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/16/2014, 9:23 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Another twitter trend:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 29 Tumblr_n1432qNSH41qe476yo1_500

I don't know who starts these things (I don't think I saw a rally post for this one in his tag) but I like it. neutre

There was one on my Dashboard last night, but I would have been asleep when it started.

CC Army always delivers.  Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/17/2014, 12:14 am

sheny wrote:Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 29 Tumblr_n11md5yBuT1qe476yo1_1280
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 29 Tumblr_n11md5yBuT1qe476yo2_1280
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 29 Tumblr_n11md5yBuT1qe476yo3_1280
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 29 Tumblr_n11md5yBuT1qe476yo4_1280
Chris Colfer and Will Sherrod at Nina Dobrev’s 25th Birthday

Gah! I love these corny, couple themed costumes!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/17/2014, 12:44 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:
sheny wrote:Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 29 Tumblr_n11md5yBuT1qe476yo1_1280
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 29 Tumblr_n11md5yBuT1qe476yo2_1280
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 29 Tumblr_n11md5yBuT1qe476yo3_1280
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 29 Tumblr_n11md5yBuT1qe476yo4_1280
Chris Colfer and Will Sherrod at Nina Dobrev’s 25th Birthday

Gah! I love these corny, couple themed costumes!

I just want to hang out with them.  Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/17/2014, 5:54 am

Here's the performance of the German icedancing pair Nelli Zhiganshina and Alexander Gazsi of 'Le Jazz Hot': link.  neutre 
Johnny Weir mentioning Chris is at about 1.55.

BTW: I read a bit about Johnny Weir last night (I was curious) and he's an amazing young man, fighting homophobia and effemiphobia in his own way.
If you're interested, click on this link.  wub
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/17/2014, 2:25 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Here's the performance of the German icedancing pair Nelli Zhiganshina and Alexander Gazsi of 'Le Jazz Hot': link.  neutre 
Johnny Weir mentioning Chris is at about 1.55.

BTW: I read a bit about Johnny Weir last night (I was curious) and he's an amazing young man, fighting homophobia and effemiphobia in his own way.
If you're interested, click on this link.  wub

Wow. Chris has truly made it. To have one of his songs featured in one of the most beautiful spots in the Olympics? To be mentioned by one of the most prolific male skaters? That's amazing.

And in his own way, he is combating the homophobic bullshit going on in Russia now.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/17/2014, 2:51 pm

Someone on Tumblr said it best. That a song performed by an icon beloved by the gay community, from a movie where she plays a woman pretending to be a man so that she could work in a drag show, and reinterpeted by an openly gay young actor placing one of the most influential and prominent gay characters in television. If that's not giving Putin the big old double snap bird, I don't know what is.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next