Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

+30
TimF
MissSoniaPP
tanita_mors
karmapolice
glimmerle
GreenEyes
Georgette888
teardrop
Ireth
kac
SippyCupofLuv
brisallie
sheny
opals
coxfire
Delight
valkeakuulas
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
arina
ColdFlame96
Glorfindel
Divalicious
ColferInspired
Buenos
AnneNeville
fantastica
Jellyrolls
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
34 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 19 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  Jellyrolls 8/23/2013, 11:49 am

AnneNeville wrote:I'm putting this in snark and bark, because it's snarky . . . but I saw in another thread the statement that we shouldn't be critical about episode three because it's the tribute.

I get very unhappy when anyone suggests (and I don't even know who said it) that criticism should be reigned in because of some kind of nebulous idea of "respect." For me, looking at things critically is the height of respect, and not to question something--if it done badly, particularly--is actually disrespectful.

This to say--before it starts to come up regularly--can we decide if we are allowed to talk about 5x3 on this board? Even if we don't like what we're seeing (because I'm assuming that praise is always welcome).
As the administrator here, I'll say that the official position here is the way it always is. I'm not going to tell anyone what they can and can not post, but if things are too snarky, I request it be done here.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and we don't have to agree on everything. The only thing that I really ask around here is that people adore Chris, and respect their fellow posters.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 19 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  arina 8/23/2013, 12:08 pm

I think I said it... it's just that while I hate the overboard of Darren's singing as much as the rest of you I don't want the waiting for tribute to Finn and Cory being turned into "I will rage and kill someone if Darren gets to sing"... It was just a suggestion, sorry about that.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/23/2013, 12:13 pm

It's a tough call the Tribute episode.

I personally will give the writers, RIB some leeway as far as my criticisms/observations, but no, I can't park my brain outside of viewing something completely for any episiode.

It's not how I roll.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/23/2013, 1:20 pm

We all have our own ideas about what would constitute a proper tribute for Cory, but the one thing that I think irritates me about pushing for a Darren solo is that it comes from wanting to see Darren/Blaine featured. Not honoring Cory and that makes it hard for me to swallow. I don't mind if Kurt doesn't have a solo so long as his relationship with Finn and his loss is respected because after Rachel, Kurt's loss is the most profound. I want to see Puck's friendship with Finn honored. I want to see Carol and Burt focused on because this was their child. Will also should have focus because of his close (sometimes too close) relationship with Finn. If Diana is able to come back, then Quinn also has a real place in things.

Santana, to me, is a bit more complicated because her relationship with Finn was so complicated. They didn't like or respect one another and went out of their way to cause one another a lot of hurt so while I can understand using her as a proxy for Rachel (since Lea would have a hard time taking a major role in the episode), it's going to be a bit jarring. Of the more recently introduced characters, Sam should have focus rather than Blaine since he and Finn did have a good friendship/rivalry. Blaine wasn't especially close to Finn in any capacity and unless he is there to support Kurt through his loss, I don't see him having a signifigant place in things. Blaine stans demanding a Blaine solo because they cannot imagine an episode that doesn't feature him heavily really flies in the face of what this episode is supposed to be about.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/23/2013, 1:26 pm

Just hope that Dianna, Mark and Harry actually are in the Tribute, it's a big fear of mine they don't even get a screen appearance.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/23/2013, 4:11 pm

^Mine too. unsure 

Ranwing wrote:We all have our own ideas about what would constitute a proper tribute for Cory, but the one thing that I think irritates me about pushing for a Darren solo is that it comes from wanting to see Darren/Blaine featured. Not honoring Cory and that makes it hard for me to swallow. I don't mind if Kurt doesn't have a solo so long as his relationship with Finn and his loss is respected because after Rachel, Kurt's loss is the most profound. I want to see Puck's friendship with Finn honored. I want to see Carol and Burt focused on because this was their child. Will also should have focus because of his close (sometimes too close) relationship with Finn. If Diana is able to come back, then Quinn also has a real place in things.

Santana, to me, is a bit more complicated because her relationship with Finn was so complicated. They didn't like or respect one another and went out of their way to cause one another a lot of hurt so while I can understand using her as a proxy for Rachel (since Lea would have a hard time taking a major role in the episode), it's going to be a bit jarring. Of the more recently introduced characters, Sam should have focus rather than Blaine since he and Finn did have a good friendship/rivalry. Blaine wasn't especially close to Finn in any capacity and unless he is there to support Kurt through his loss, I don't see him having a signifigant place in things. Blaine stans demanding a Blaine solo because they cannot imagine an episode that doesn't feature him heavily really flies in the face of what this episode is supposed to be about.
^This.

Spoiler:

I hate the bickering in the fandom about who sings in the tribute episode, but I also can't help having my own opinions about it and expressing them. And seeing some entitlement from fans (not only from Blarren stans btw) makes me sad but also angry.
This episode will be high on emotions, and this fandom is in turmoil already as it is: adding the still raw feelings of Cory's death on top of that is a guarantee that it will get messy quickly.
I think most people want to give RIB the benefit of the doubt with this episode, and they will not jump on every flaw or usual Glee stupidity. But if there are mistakes or real screw ups I think they should be allowed to address.

tanita_mors wrote:Did you know that there was a plan to get Alice Krige (the actress who played the Borg Queen) to be a scientist at a remote outpost on Earth in one of the episodes of Star Trek Enterprise where the Borg have a little appearance and asimulate the outpost's staff. Apparently, she would have been asimulated and 200-300 years latter she would have been the Borg Queen who tried to destroy Earth in Star Trek : First Contact. That would have been mind blowing.
That would have been terrific. ohmy  (talk about continuity in comparison to Glee, lol)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/23/2013, 6:44 pm

Just an FYI, I moved a couple of posts from this thread to the spoiler thread because they seemed more spoilery than snarky Smile
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/26/2013, 5:13 pm

The anti-Klainers have invaded Wikipedia. This is legidmate on Kurt Hummel's page.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 19 Tumblr_inline_ms5dgyGUvR1qz4rgp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Hummel

This is for reals! I just checked the page and it's still there. Will only be a matter of time before one of the Klaine bots edits things and Blaine is regarded as being so utterly dreamy that Kurt is nuts for dumping his boyfriend over such a little thing as a random Facebook porking.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/26/2013, 5:17 pm

Ranwing wrote:The anti-Klainers have invaded Wikipedia. This is legidmate on Kurt Hummel's page.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 19 Tumblr_inline_ms5dgyGUvR1qz4rgp

This is for reals! I just checked the page and it's still there. Will only be a matter of time before one of the Klaine bots edits things and Blaine is regarded as being so utterly dreamy that Kurt is nuts for dumping his boyfriend over such a little thing as a random Facebook porking.
At the same time , I think that anti Klaine "addition" is uncalled for and is also trolling in the worst possible way.  Two wrongs don't make a right in my book.

I'm so fucking tired of these fandom wars, it's so stupid.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/26/2013, 5:18 pm

Ranwing wrote:The anti-Klainers have invaded Wikipedia. This is legidmate on Kurt Hummel's page.

I saw that too and literally lol-ed. The Kurtsies have spoken!
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 8/27/2013, 2:43 am

Not all Kurtsies are anti-Klainers and not all Kurtsies hate Blaine and use every opportunity to prove how awful he is. I agree with Buenos this new addition to Kurt's wiki page was unnecessary and the fandom/ship wars are childish and tiring.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 8/27/2013, 3:23 am

I do hate Blaine and Klaine and I still think it's stupid. *g*
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/27/2013, 4:09 am

I agree that it's childish, but sometimes the best way to get a message across is by fighting fire with fire. Most of the anti-Klainers have been very quiet with their disdain keeping it on tumblr only, but I guess they're tired of being silenced. saispa 
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/27/2013, 4:20 am

I don't like it and find it immature. However, I totally understand the frustration and motivation. RIB are really good to award the bullies of the fandom and punish the mature fans, who only want consistent storylines and a more or less equal screen allocation. Being a Kurtsie is hard and sometimes literally pains me, when I get Glee updates. But still, this will only lead to the wrath of the Klainers/Blarrens and they use it as proof, who we all bully against them.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/27/2013, 12:57 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I don't like it and find it immature. However, I totally understand the frustration and motivation. RIB are really good to award the bullies of the fandom and punish the mature fans, who only want consistent storylines and a more or less equal screen allocation. Being a Kurtsie is hard and sometimes literally pains me, when I get Glee updates. But still, this will only lead to the wrath of the Klainers/Blarrens and they use it as proof, who we all bully against them.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 8/27/2013, 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding spoiler tags)
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 8/27/2013, 1:11 pm

What is the source for this rumour I keep seeing? Is it more stirred up hysteria? I never see a source and I am wary of tumblr rumours.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/27/2013, 1:14 pm

Georgette888 wrote:What is the source for this rumour I keep seeing? Is it more stirred up hysteria? I never see a source and I am wary of tumblr rumours.
Moving this to the spoiler thread.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/27/2013, 6:06 pm

I think this belongs here. I found it on someone's tumblr in 'lol blaine' tag.
So I was on Wikipedia…and I found something interesting. This. Stalking - Types of Stalkers - Intimacy Seekers Intimacy seekers seek to establish an intimate, loving relationship with their victim. To many of them the victim is a long-sought-after soul mate, and they were ‘meant’ to be together. You think I was joking when I said Blaine’s turning into a Serial Stalker? Edit: The one below Intimacy Seekers matches too: Incompetent suitors, despite poor social or courting skills, have a fixation, or in some cases, a sense of entitlement to an intimate relationship with those who have attracted their amorous interest. Their victims are most often already in a dating relationship with someone else. wrote:
There's no way this isn't intentional on RIB's part.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/27/2013, 6:23 pm

RIB have very strange notions , period.

Did anyone here see Ryan Murphy's "Nip/Tuck" , talk about a dark POV on relationships...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/27/2013, 6:45 pm

Ryan's view on relationships is rather messed up, if you ask me.
Just look at the way he talked about his (sexual) high school experiences..... Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/27/2013, 6:46 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Ryan's view on relationships is rather messed up, if you ask me.
Just look at the way he talked about his (sexual) high school experiences..... Mad
I don't believe for a second straight jocks "dated" Ryan Murphy in High School.   Unless that is what they are calling it these days...coool

What I do think is that RM thought it was no big deal for Blaine to cheat with a random guy he found on Facebook; which in *some* (not all so don't hate me)  gay subculture random sex outside your LI is not that uncommon.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/27/2013, 7:05 pm

^Agreed.

Well, that loose attitude about random facebook sex bit him in the butt (and not in a nice, sexy way) big time, now did it?

Do TPTB bar Ryan realize how that hurt the storyline, you think?

(I think so, or else they wouldn't have shut up Kurt and woobyfied Blaine to the extreme the way they did.)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/27/2013, 7:10 pm

You have to admit Ryan Murphy went All the way.

He was the one who  left absolutely no ambiguity that Blaine did something sexual with the Facebook guy, (rumpled bed and sheets, Blaine pulling his shirt back on, the Random guy with his shirt open, etc) .

RM , interesting fellow, I guess he has an HBO show "about sex" coming out.Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 8/27/2013, 7:14 pm

Yeah, after loads of desperate Klainers before the ep were trying to convince all that would listen that it would just be a kiss if that. Some even thought he'd think of cheating and back out. lol
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/27/2013, 7:19 pm

Georgette888 wrote:Yeah, after loads of desperate Klainers before the ep were trying to convince all that would listen that it would just be a kiss if that. Some even thought he'd think of cheating and back out. lol
To add insult to injury RM tweeted that photo of Blaine post coitus and labeld it "Teenage Dream".

I tell you, RM is a sick puppy at times. phr34r 

Then after the episode the same Klainers did a 180 and said it doesn't matter if they had sex..HUH?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next