Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

+30
TimF
MissSoniaPP
tanita_mors
karmapolice
glimmerle
GreenEyes
Georgette888
teardrop
Ireth
kac
SippyCupofLuv
brisallie
sheny
opals
coxfire
Delight
valkeakuulas
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
arina
ColdFlame96
Glorfindel
Divalicious
ColferInspired
Buenos
AnneNeville
fantastica
Jellyrolls
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
34 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 18 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  AnneNeville 8/22/2013, 1:48 pm

That post that you've got credited to Marie was mine, just fyi. Re: contracts. In case anyone disagrees with me. fanny2 

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 18 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  Buenos 8/22/2013, 1:54 pm

AnneNeville wrote:That post that you've got credited to Marie was mine, just fyi. Re: contracts. In case anyone disagrees with me. fanny2 
Got it and edited! Smile 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/22/2013, 1:54 pm

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 8/22/2013, 2:21 pm

marie & SippyCupofLuv, girlllllls, why are you compering the brilliance that is THE BORG with annoying blaine stans ???

you wanna get banned  ??? ijuta sadica sayian sw022 

the greatest villains in trek history deserve better. pauly
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/22/2013, 2:29 pm

^Sorry, you're absolutely right. Smile 

(BTW: Picard as Borg was soooooo hot.)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 8/22/2013, 2:35 pm

everyone as THE BORG is hot.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/22/2013, 2:48 pm

^Agreed.

(OMG, can you imagine Chris as Borg?) ded
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/22/2013, 3:21 pm

Don't get me started about Chris getting a role in the Star Trek franchise...(one can dream, no?)

If Glee goes a full 7 years, Chris would still be only 26 years old. He would have time to hopefully get other movie/TV projects and offers.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/22/2013, 4:26 pm

what is a borg?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/22/2013, 4:31 pm

fantastica wrote:what is a borg?
There were a race of aliens in the TV series "Star Trek...the Next Generation".. where they were all part of a hive/collective with no free will. More machine/robot like than anything. They could assimilate others to become part of "The Borg" so the term has become a code word for a group of people who just unthinkingly are part of a hive/group mentality.

One of the best TV bad guys ever!!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 8/22/2013, 4:35 pm

Buenos wrote:
fantastica wrote:what is a borg?
There were  a race of aliens  in the TV series "Star Trek...the Next Generation".. where they were all part of a hive/collective with no free will.  More machine/robot like than anything.  They could assimilate others to become part of "The Borg" so the term has  become a code word for  a group of people who just unthinkingly are part of a hive/group mentality.

One of the best TV bad guys ever!!
Yeah and they looked like this
Spoiler:

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 8/22/2013, 7:47 pm

Their signature phrase : "We are the Borg. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile." The last line about resistance is probably the most famous line in all star trek.

Basically they are cybernetic organisms aka cyborgs (hence the therm BORG) that asimulate any race of aliens into their collective. They brainwash you and connect you to the other individuals in the Borg. You lose a sense of self and all that matters is the Borg. It's like the ultimate cult. They are probably the most proficient villains in star trek as they are nearly impossible to stop. If my memory serves me well, the only reason they haven't concered the Federation and it's planets is that they are manly located in another quadrant of the galaxy that would take decades if not hundreds of years to cross (delta quadrant and Earth and most Federation planted are in the alpha quadrant - it's been a while since i've seen both Next Generation and/or Voyager where they play a prominent role). Of course given that they can asimulate anyone, it's not unimaginable that the Borg will eventually reach Earth and then lots of shit will happen.

Last edited by tanita_mors on 8/22/2013, 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/22/2013, 7:50 pm

tanita_mors wrote:Their signature phrase : "We are the Borg. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile." The last line about resistance is probably the most famous line in all star trek.

Basically they are cybernetic organisms aka cyborgs (hence the therm BORG) that asimulate any race of aliens into their collective. They brainwash you and connect you to the other individuals in the Borg. You lose a sense of self and all that matters is the Borg. It's like the ultimate cult. They are probably the most proficient villains in star trek as they are nearly impossible to stop. If my memory serves me well, the only reason they haven't concered the Federation and it's planets is that they are manly located in another quadrant of the galaxy (gama quadrant and Earth and most Federation planted are in the alpha quadrant - it's been a while since i've seen both Next Generation and/or Voyager where they play a prominent role)
Yes, they are virtually unstoppable. The time they assimilated Captain Picard is probably the high water mater of the entire "Star Trek ...the New Generation" series. It's the gold standard SL as far as I'm concerned.wub 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/23/2013, 4:17 am

^Yup, I agree. That was epic. neutre 

(and again: Picard-borg was hot.)

The queen Borg was one of the best Star Trek Villains too.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/23/2013, 4:41 am

I wondered when Blarren stans would start making the tribute about Blarren. antifana 

Just because fans want the tribute to be the originals from Season one, they are saying these fans are petty. tronco 

They don't care about Corey to be bitching about this.

This is both disgusting, selfish, and disrespectful. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 18 T2416

If they had their way it would be a tribute to Blarren.

But they had that in nearly ever episode of Season 4.

And RIB want to please these people.

Watch these stans start raging on twitter if Blaine doesn't get a solo, or a lot of screen time.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 8/23/2013, 5:36 am

ColferInspired wrote:I wondered when Blarren stans would start making the tribute about Blarren. antifana 

Just because fans want the tribute to be the originals from Season one, they are saying these fans are petty. tronco 

This is both disgusting, selfish, and disrespectful. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 18 T2416

Watch these stans start raging on twitter if Blaine doesn't get a solo, or a lot of screen time.
I'm so tired of those stupid immature brats that I can't find the strength to get angry anymore. Yesterday they were complaing why he doesn't sing in "Let it be". Evil or Very Mad  He sings 6 songs in 2 episodes but they're not happy and keep screaming for more.

Blaine was just Finn's step-brother's ex-boyfriend. They weren't even friends. Two scenes together in which they spent most of the time arguing with each other is not enough to make it happen. Why should he a nobody in Finn's life sing more than (instead of) Rachel -  the girl he considered his true love and wanted to marry, Kurt - his brother, Puck - his best friend, Artie - one of his closest friends, Will - his mentor and father figure and Quinn - his first love.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/23/2013, 5:56 am

sheny wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:I wondered when Blarren stans would start making the tribute about Blarren. antifana 

I'm so tired of those stupid immature brats that I can't find the strength to get angry anymore. Yesterday they were complaing why he doesn't sing in "Let it be". Seriously Evil or Very Mad  he sings 6 songs in 2 episodes and they bitch because he is not part of this group number too.

Blaine was just Finn's step-brother's ex-boyfriend. They weren't even friends. Two scenes together in which they spent most of the time arguing with each other is not enough to make it happen. Why should he a nobody in Finn's life sing more than (instead of) Rachel -  the girl he considered his true love and wanted to marry, Kurt - his brother, Puck - his best friend, Artie - one of his closest friends, Will - his mentor and father figure and Quinn - his first love.
I am positive Darren wouldn't care if he didn't get a song or was in the background for the tribute.

The noobs would be the same.

The way these stans are acting just reflects badly.

It's just Corey's fans have to put up with this crap, and they have to prepare themselves to say goodbye to Finn this time, like we all do.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/23/2013, 6:49 am

I am not probably competent to complain considering my english sucks but why so many people write Corey instead of Cory?
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 8/23/2013, 7:00 am

arina wrote:I am not probably competent to complain considering my english sucks but why so many people write Corey instead of Cory?
His name is just Cory without the "e" but the name Corey exists too so my guess is that the autocorrect is changing Cory to Corey when it doesn't recognize it.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/23/2013, 7:03 am

sheny wrote:
arina wrote:I am not probably competent to complain considering my english sucks but why so many people write Corey instead of Cory?
His name is just Cory without the "e" but the name Corey exists too so my guess is that the autocorrect is changing Cory to Corey when it doesn't recognize it.
Yeah, it makes sense. I must admit it has always bothered me a little that people write his name incorrectly but I never dared to ask why.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 8/23/2013, 9:56 am

Glorfindel wrote:^Yup, I agree. That was epic. neutre 

(and again: Picard-borg was hot.)

The queen Borg was one of the best Star Trek Villains too.
I know it's OT (but I'm a mod so you can do nothing about it Smile ) but :

Did you know that there was a plan to get Alice Krige (the actress who played the Borg Queen) to be a scientist at a remote outpost on Earth in one of the episodes of Star Trek Enterprise where the Borg have a little appearance and asimulate the outpost's staff. Apparently, she would have been asimulated and 200-300 years latter she would have been the Borg Queen who tried to destroy Earth in Star Trek : First Contact. That would have been mind blowing.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/23/2013, 10:21 am

ColferInspired wrote:
sheny wrote:

I'm so tired of those stupid immature brats that I can't find the strength to get angry anymore. Yesterday they were complaing why he doesn't sing in "Let it be". Seriously Evil or Very Mad  he sings 6 songs in 2 episodes and they bitch because he is not part of this group number too.

I am positive Darren wouldn't care if he didn't get a song or was in the background for the tribute.

The noobs would be the same.

The way these stans are acting just reflects badly.

It's just Corey's fans have to put up with this crap, and they have to prepare themselves to say goodbye to Finn this time, like we all do.
Mark my words, the Darren stans are going to destroy his career. No one is going to want to work with him because of the level of crazy that he's going to be carting along with him.

If there was ever an episode when bitching about their fav getting a song is inappropriate, it's this one. This episode isn't about featuring individual performers, but for the cast (and the audience) to honor Cory and his contribution to the show. The characters that should be featured are the ones that were closest to Finn for the duration of his time on the show. That would mean Rachel, Kurt, Quinn, Puck, Will, Burt and Carol. That's it. Everyone else can say something brief and nice about how much he meant to them, but this group are the ones who's grief should be given proper focus. We don't need Blaine herping and derping just because his stans can't imagine a single week of him not being the center of the universe.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/23/2013, 10:50 am

I have no problem with Blaine and the newbies being included in the group number, but I agree that the main focus and solo/duet songs should be on the characters who were closest to Finn (assuming that they are up to performing a song to honor Cory/Finn). I don't want a Blaine solo or a Jarley duet in this episode.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/23/2013, 11:01 am

I even feel a bit for Darren. Yes, he likes attention, but so do I. I think he got very bad advice and couldn't see the trees in the forest. I think he chose the wrong PR management and RIB made a mistake to overcompensate that much. I think this very may cost him a serious career one day, as I can only assume that he may not get any serious parts after Glee. He is the "lead" (like it or not, Glee treats him that way when it comes to screentime), but the media actually doesn't treat him that way at all (the focus is always on Chris and Lea, always). Also he has only mediocre acting talent, and all those "serious" storylines in S4, paired up with other mediocre actors, just highlighted his flaws. There is a reason so many Blarren fans want him connected to Chris - Chris also brings out the best from his acting partners. But of course him acting alongside of Max, Grant and Oliver really highlights the discrepancy in terms of talent. It is really a shame how Chris could have such amazing acting partners (for friendship or relationships), but they get written off the show, because Glee tries to force us to believe Darren is the one and only who has acting chemistry alongside Chris and talent.

But also his fans, I totally agree, just highlight those flaws, as you get so annoyed and look closer at the negative aspects. I don't think Darren, his PR team and his most dedicated fans (because he also has very sane fans!) realize the potential harm.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/23/2013, 11:26 am

I'm putting this in snark and bark, because it's snarky . . . but I saw in another thread the statement that we shouldn't be critical about episode three because it's the tribute.

I get very unhappy when anyone suggests (and I don't even know who said it) that criticism should be reigned in because of some kind of nebulous idea of "respect." For me, looking at things critically is the height of respect, and not to question something--if it done badly, particularly--is actually disrespectful.

This to say--before it starts to come up regularly--can we decide if we are allowed to talk about 5x3 on this board? Even if we don't like what we're seeing (because I'm assuming that praise is always welcome).

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next