Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remembering Cory

+33
Buenos
Georgette888
coxfire
Kurt Hummel
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
Ireth
arina
ladydianab
Catt24
Divalicious
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Vir Cotto
opals
Ranwing
Piciollina
Jellyrolls
kac
bayth
Lottie2303
tanita_mors
TimF
fantastica
glimmerle
sheny
Delight
valkeakuulas
ColferGirl
AnneNeville
ChrisColferFan1
CloveGlee
ColferInspired
37 posters

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Remembering Cory - Page 12 Empty Re: Remembering Cory

Post  ColferInspired 7/25/2013, 10:20 pm

Remembering Cory - Page 12 Tumblr_mqiqtx62ea1qjlzrgo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/25/2013, 10:29 pm

bayth wrote:Chris tweeted on Cory:

I'll never forget all the laughs we shared or the faces we made after awkward interview questions. Love and miss you, buddy.

Remembering Cory - Page 12 Chris_11

Class and sublety. wub 

He had no need to make a grand statement.

This is both sad and beautiful at the same time.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/25/2013, 10:36 pm

ColferInspired wrote:

I'll never forget all the laughs we shared or the faces we made after awkward interview questions. Love and miss you, buddy.

Class and sublety. wub 

He had no need to make a grand statement.

This is both sad and beautiful at the same time.

I agree.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/25/2013, 10:38 pm

ColferInspired wrote:Class and sublety. wub .
That seems to be his trademark. wub 
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/25/2013, 10:41 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

I think so to. neutre 
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/26/2013, 5:31 am

Remembering Cory - Page 12 Tumblr_mqiut2tVAB1r4ezfzo1_500

Remembering Cory - Page 12 Tumblr_mqiut2tVAB1r4ezfzo2_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/26/2013, 10:07 am

ColferInspired wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

I think so to. neutre 
So do I Smile

His message was sweet, simple and heartfelt, it made me feel very emotional. Chris and Cory were always fantastic together.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/26/2013, 10:17 am

Ireth wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

I think so to. neutre 
So do I Smile

His message was sweet, simple and heartfelt, it made me feel very emotional. Chris and Cory were always fantastic together.

His tweet does pretty much confirm that he and Cory were close, both as coworkers and as friends. I think it speaks volumes about how deeply this has affected Chris in that he waited until after the memorial service to make any kind of statement. He doesn't need to make any grand pronoucements about them being "bros 4ever".

I'm really heartbroken that the last scene we got with the two of them was in TBU that ended with that hug. They always worked so well together and it's an absolute crime that we didn't get more Furt scenes or one single Furt duet.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/26/2013, 10:23 am

I saw this gifset on tumblr a couple of times, and it's so lovely I think it should be posted here:

Remembering Cory - Page 12 Tumblr_mqislnnsUt1qiju81o2_250  Remembering Cory - Page 12 Tumblr_mqislnnsUt1qiju81o5_250

Remembering Cory - Page 12 Tumblr_mqislnnsUt1qiju81o7_250  Remembering Cory - Page 12 Tumblr_mqislnnsUt1qiju81o8_250

Remembering Cory - Page 12 Tumblr_mqislnnsUt1qiju81o1_250  Remembering Cory - Page 12 Tumblr_mqislnnsUt1qiju81o4_250

Remembering Cory - Page 12 Tumblr_mqislnnsUt1qiju81o6_250  Remembering Cory - Page 12 Tumblr_mqislnnsUt1qiju81o3_250
(I'm sorry, but it's been reblogged so many times the actual source is hard to find and credit properly.)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/26/2013, 10:27 am

Glorfindel wrote:I saw this gifset on tumblr a couple of times, and it's so lovely I think it should be posted here:

Remembering Cory - Page 12 Tumblr_mqislnnsUt1qiju81o2_250  Remembering Cory - Page 12 Tumblr_mqislnnsUt1qiju81o5_250

Remembering Cory - Page 12 Tumblr_mqislnnsUt1qiju81o7_250  Remembering Cory - Page 12 Tumblr_mqislnnsUt1qiju81o8_250

Remembering Cory - Page 12 Tumblr_mqislnnsUt1qiju81o1_250 

Remembering Cory - Page 12 Tumblr_mqislnnsUt1qiju81o4_250

Remembering Cory - Page 12 Tumblr_mqislnnsUt1qiju81o6_250  Remembering Cory - Page 12 Tumblr_mqislnnsUt1qiju81o3_250
(I'm sorry, but it's been reblogged so many times the actual source is hard to find and credit properly.)

I saw this as well. wub 

I have always loved "Yesterday" and would love Kurt/Chris to do this Beatles song or "Hey, Jude" as these are two of my favourites or "Eleanor Rigby".

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 7/26/2013, 1:54 pm

brisallie wrote:

My boy :(I'm glad he finally speak, and you know I don't mind if he didn't wrote a long speech or statement about Cory, because he's the only one who know how important Cory was for him.  So,take your time Chris.

P.S Looking at that pic, I remember that interview was done after months they had had an interview together. Also I remember they were joking about their heights.

I like that he made his statement wholly about Cory, and left Lea out of it. Cory should be remembered for himself.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/26/2013, 5:28 pm

^Yes! I agree.

Not that I think that Lea doesn't deserve all the sympathy that she gets right now, but this is being made into a bad celebrity reality show soap opera-ish drama by some media (and lbh: some fans too) because Cory and Lea were together. The premature loss of Cory is enough drama by itself, and I'm also glad that Chris made his tweet about the man himself, the good memories he has of him and how he will be missed.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/26/2013, 5:30 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Yes! I agree.

Not that I think that Lea doesn't deserve all the sympathy that she gets right now, but this is being made into a bad celebrity reality show soap opera-ish drama by some media (and lbh: some fans too) because Cory and Lea were together. The premature loss of Cory is enough drama by itself, and I'm also glad that Chris made his tweet about the man himself, the good memories he has of him and how he will be missed.

I also agree.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/26/2013, 6:59 pm

He waited until the memorial service (wow, that sounds weird) to make a statement! crycry 

Loved his tweet. I'm so glad he finally said something...it feels like closure in a way. I've always loved their interviews together. Both boys just have that easy going sense of humor and played off of each other well.

I assume the cast will feel like they have lost/are losing Cory over and over again:

-initial death
-cremation
-memorial service/funeral
-goodbye Finn/Cory episode

No :( 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/26/2013, 11:19 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:He waited until the memorial service (wow, that sounds weird) to make a statement! crycry 

Loved his tweet. I'm so glad he finally said something...it feels like closure in a way. I've always loved their interviews together. Both boys just have that easy going sense of humor and played off of each other well.

I assume the cast will feel like they have lost/are losing Cory over and over again:

-initial death
-cremation
-memorial service/funeral
-goodbye Finn/Cory episode

No :( 

:(  I know in real life you going through the same process, but it seems to me these guys need to take a break. I wish this wouldn't have been so public ( I'm sorry for saying this, but probably if Cory would have died in another circumstances, it would have been less public) and would have lived their grief more quietly. And there's still the goodbye episode, which I confess I'm expecting to see because is like a clousure, but still I don't like the exposure Cory's death is having.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 7/27/2013, 2:24 pm

"Glee's" Mike O'Malley has a new show coming to NBC this fall, but the actor took time to remember Cory Monteith on Saturday during the Television Critics Association Summer Tour in Beverly Hills.

During the NBC panel presenting his comedy "Welcome to the Family," Mike was asked by a reporter for his thoughts on Cory, who passed away earlier this month in Vancouver, Canada, and the actor shared his thoughtful and kind words for the young man who played his television stepson.

"Many of my scenes on 'Glee' were usually with either Chris Colfer or Cory Monteith and I think that I had what was probably the toughest scene I've ever acted in my career as an actor opposite him when I had to throw... his character, Finn, out of the house because of slur that he used," Mike said. "It was remarkable to me when we were shooting that scene over and over again, the depth of the emotion he was able to portray, the sorrow, the shame."

Beyond complimenting the late actor's talent, Mike echoed the sentiment many other "Glee" stars have shared in recent days - that Cory was a welcoming and kind person.

"Ever since I met him, he was the fictional quarterback on that show and he was the very real quarterback on that set," Mike said. "He was an incredibly warm guy, a guy who was welcoming to everyone who came on that show, from the beginning, through [to] the new folks who came on that show this past year, and he was a very, very hard working actor and I just loved working with him. He was a great guy, and I miss him very much."

Mike said he hopes to be able to come back to "Glee" to reprise his role as Burt Hummel, especially in Episode 3 of the upcoming Season 5, which will pay tribute to Cory.

"I hope to. I'm here doing 'Welcome to the Family,' and we shoot one episode, five days a week, but Burt is a very, very important role to me. It's been a great, great part and I've said to all of those guys, I'll work early in the morning, late at night, Saturdays, Sundays, whatever I need to do to participate in not only continuing to be on that show, but honoring Cory and his passing, and that character," Mike said. "He is, on that show, my stepson, so I certainly plan on being there and I actually think they're going to be possibly shooting that episode on the time we're on hiatus."

The Season 5 premiere of "Glee" was pushed from September 19 to September 26.

source
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/27/2013, 3:42 pm

Cory was one of the major stars of one of the most popular/successful TV shows in modern pop culture. I think his death would've been made public no matter how he went. But the tragedy of his drug addiction does seem like the typical Hollywood tragedy that they like to focus on....

Burt Hummel HAS to play a role in the third episode! The man lost his step-son, after all.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/27/2013, 3:43 pm

Burt and Carol just have to be in the episode when Finn dies. And their actors Mike and Romy can act the emotions needed for that.

I hope this means some Hudmels scenes in season 5 (not only in the 3th episode), especially Kurt having scenes with his stepmom (which we really never got to see), although the fact that Finn won't be part of that family anymore makes me very sad. :( 
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/27/2013, 3:54 pm

The actors who play Burt and Carole will act the crap out of this episode, and of course Chris and Lea will too. This will be the saddest episode in Glee history.

Yes, this could lead to some lovely Kurt/Carole bonding moments. This is something I've always wanted, but not at this price... :(

Finn did complete the family. You've got the mother, father and the two sons who are polar opposite of each other.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/27/2013, 4:11 pm

I know in order for the commemorative episode to narratively work it must/should have a Hudmel household scene but the protective and sad person in me can not help to think how hard it will be for Chris. Especially since they have to film it already in September.

I'm a maudlin person and I guess instinctively look out for the sad storylines but it will be a tough episode for Glee. Just the thought of how the grief will affect all the characters. :(
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/27/2013, 4:13 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:I know in order for the commemorative episode to narratively work it must/should have a Hudmel household scene but the protective and sad person in me can not help to think how hard it will be for Chris. Especially since they have to film it already in September.

I'm a maudlin person and I guess instinctively look out for the sad storylines but it will be a tough episode for Glee. Just the thought of how the grief will affect all the characters. :(

This will suck for everyone involved. It's one thing to kill off a character, but the real life death behind it is just too sad.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/27/2013, 5:10 pm

I feel sorry for the actors too, especially Lea. :( 
But for a lot of people being able to express their grief, or maybe better said: putting all their feelings (the pain and the joy) about a person they lost into something else, creative or otherwise, helps as a release and cleansing. Some people just want to do something in situations like this. Like reading a poem or eulogy at a funeral, help carry the coffin, or even help serve the coffee and tea afterwards.

From experience I know that for me being able to sing at a funeral, whether that is for someone I knew myself or for friends of mine who lost loved ones, works very cathartic and even comforting, both for me and for the people listening. Sure, It's hard to do, deliberately prodding in all those emotions of yourself and/or people you care for and laying them bare again, but it also gives you a good feeling being able to do that, to help with the coping (as crying is a good thing: it needs to get out anyway, so it better can be done in a reasonably controlled moment).

But that's just me, I know everyone deals with grief differently. And of course I can't speak for Chris or any other member of the cast, but maybe some of them will be very willing and proud of what they still can do for (the memory of) Cory: to give him the best send-off possible.
Plus if they can shield Lea from having to act the hardest scenes by taking the biggest load of the burden on themselves, like I can imagine Chris being strong enough and willing to do, that could be quite satisfying too, as they would be helping the person Cory was closest to.

But I'm glad Fox decided to have grief councelors on set during filming, because it must be a really hard task to film that episode.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/27/2013, 6:11 pm

Part of me wonders if Lea will want to be shielded at all? The girl seems like a fucking rock or a machine, despite her 5'2 height, her Disney Princess voice, and her bubbly, ditzy persona....she's being very brave and tough about this situation. I wonder if she will find it cathartic to express her grief fully through Rachel's grief over Finn?

Excellent idea in having grief counselors on the Glee set. After losing one of their own, this cast will need to be taken care of for a bit. As Ryan said, they are still a young bunch...and losing a friend and co-worker like this is probably the first death many of them have experienced.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/27/2013, 11:46 pm

I've read what you have posted, and if I recall, once an actor said he felt like he was able to unleash his deepest emotions through acting. So as someone mentioned before, recording Finn's death it could be cathartic for the cast, especially for Lea. Having said that, the only thing I don't want is to turn this into a show, and hopefully after this goodbye episode, the media leave them alone while they live their mourn.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/28/2013, 12:08 am

I agree, the whole season doesn't need to be about the loss of Finn. One tribute episode is good enough. The show, the fans, the characters, the cast members....will never forget him. They don't need to be reminded of him every second.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next