Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remembering Cory

+33
Buenos
Georgette888
coxfire
Kurt Hummel
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
Ireth
arina
ladydianab
Catt24
Divalicious
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Vir Cotto
opals
Ranwing
Piciollina
Jellyrolls
kac
bayth
Lottie2303
tanita_mors
TimF
fantastica
glimmerle
sheny
Delight
valkeakuulas
ColferGirl
AnneNeville
ChrisColferFan1
CloveGlee
ColferInspired
37 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Remembering Cory - Page 7 Empty Re: Remembering Cory

Post  fantastica 7/16/2013, 1:51 pm

^ yes they cancelled normal heart shooting that day so he can be Lea.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/16/2013, 6:17 pm

cause of death confirmed: lethal combo of heroine and some alcohol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TkiyUG6MsrA

i think most people suspected drug in this case so the confirmation doesn't change anything. it also doesn't change the fact that he's a genuinely good guy and it doesn't reduce my respect for him. I said before he made a fatal mistake at the age of 13 when he first used drugs. these chemicals can permanently alter a person's brain so that he/she will forever crave the substance if withdrawn. he was lucky it didn't kill him sooner. good lesson for all the young people who attempt to "try" any such substance - you can never get out of its shadow once you are addicted to it!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/16/2013, 6:27 pm

Heroin is probably the single hardest drug to kick completely and given how young Cory was when he first became addicted, it's amazing that he stayed clean for as long as he did. I agree that having what most of us suspected proven right doesn't change our opinions of Cory and what his loss means to us. He was a good guy who made some awful mistakes but also did an enormous amount of good for the world. He tried and he fought to keep himself clean. That he failed this time doesn't take away from the fact that he was a decent person who was very much loved by those around him.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/16/2013, 6:36 pm

It's horrible to realise that sometimes things will end up like it would have been planned a long time ago or as people percive things are going to happen. I don't know how much is it healthy for anyone to dwell into the thought process of an addict but still I wonder how often this same thing happens every day around the world: the person spends time with other people, seems relatively OK, goes to be alone and dumb things happen. Is it the question of that of "just one last time" or "nothing will happen because I'm feeling good".

He did try and it's sad that what ever he did didn't work for him. :(

I know my sadness will soon turn into anger toward all those that enable, push and offer the drugs.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/16/2013, 6:46 pm

^I couldn't agree more. Addictions are hard to fight, and they will try to lure you back into your bad habits your entire life. One mistake and all is lost again.

Regardless of how he died, I will remember Cory as a brave and strong man, who managed to do what so many can't: become clean after a childhood and adolescence of drug abuse. Nothing indicates he was anything but kind and good to the people he loved after that dark periode in his young life, and the 10+ more years he won by fighting back his demons back then are his reward and legacy.
He was a bright example in life for others who struggle with addictions, and sadly he will now also be an example to them in death how that struggle must be fought over and over again. Cory may have lost his war, but he fought long and hard and that should never be undervalued or forgotten.

But how hard must have been not only his struggle the past few months, but also Lea's, his friends and family's, who saw him struggling and failing. They couldn't save him as he couldn't save him. This cause of death puts even a bigger shadow of grief on their shoulders, I'm afraid.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/16/2013, 7:25 pm

I don't even know what to say, but I am just so over being angry at him. I was angry when he was slipping (I felt he was throwing his life away), but now that he's gone...I just feel sad for him and his loved ones. Poor Cory, Lea and everyone else. :(

I loathed Finchel with every fiber of my being, but I think I'd rather see Finchel sucking face 24/7 on my screen than knowing that this goofball young man is dead. :(Yes, I wanted the endgames to die, but not like this. Never like this. I feel so bad for the segment of the Glee fandom which I, and many Finchel haters, mocked. So for those of you who loved Finn, Finchel (ect): I'm so sorry. And of course, an even bigger sorry to those who loved Cory....that's all that really matters.

I hope this was an accident. I hope he wasn't feeling hopeless with his recent slipping and with the season starting up again. He could have always checked himself back into rehab if he didn't feel ready/strong enough. I wish he did.

Last edited by MoviesAreLife on 7/16/2013, 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/16/2013, 7:33 pm

Is incredible how the death of someone can make you change your mind. I've seen several tweets and posts on tumblr saying how much they disliked that Finchel used to grab the whole attention, but at this moment, they won't mind to see Finchel giggling, kissing or ogling, if that means to bring Cory back to life.

And you know I was listening to a song that I think would fit perfectly if someday Lea feels ready to express her emotions through a song:

P.S Still I'm wondering what it led him to mix drugs and alcohol? It gives me the impression that he wasn't fine at all.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/16/2013, 7:43 pm

brisallie wrote:Is incredible how the death of someone can make you change your mind. I've seen several tweets and posts on tumblr saying how much they disliked that Finchel used to grab the whole attention, but at this moment, they won't mind to see Finchel giggling, kissing or ogling, if that means to bring Cory back to life.

And you know I was listening to a song that I think would fit perfectly if someday Lea feels ready to express her emotions through a song:

I guess it's so easy for those part of a fandom to get caught up in the (mostly negative) emotions of it all, toward fictional "ships" and fictional characters...because it's all fiction, right? No one is getting hurt if you claim to hate a character, a plotline, or a romance between two characters. But sometimes we tend to forget that there is a real life human being playing a character and we blur the lines between fiction and reality when we let our hatred for a character bleed over into hate for an actor or real offscreen relationship....

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/16/2013, 8:10 pm

Well, the toxicology results are what we all suspected it would be. I hope that he didn't suffer in his final moments.

Can I just say the some of the media coverage has been pissing me off a bit? They keep on saying that he struggled with addiction off and on for years. Yes, he struggled with it for years when he was in his teens, but he beat his addiction, and stayed sober for 10 years, which is no small feat, and he worked hard to do something with his life. And not only did he beat his, he spoke openly about his addiction, which I'm sure had an affect on many of his fans. I believe in my heart that Cory's openness saved lives.

Cory's legacy should not be about how he died, but how he lived, particularly during his twenties. His work on Glee entertained us for for years. He seemed to enjoy his life (at least the small part of his life that we saw). He had a loving and supportive girlfriend. He had family and friends who loved and adored him. He had a good heart, and seemed like a kind and gentle man.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/16/2013, 8:27 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Well, the toxicology results are what we all suspected it would be.  I hope that he didn't suffer in his final moments.

Can I just say the some of the media coverage has been pissing me off a bit?  They keep on saying that he struggled with addiction off and on for years.  Yes, he struggled with it for years when he was in his teens, but he beat his addiction, and stayed sober for 10 years, which is no small feat, and he worked hard to do something with his life.  And not only did he beat his, he spoke openly about his addiction, which I'm sure had an affect on many of his fans.  I believe in my heart that Cory's openness saved lives.

Cory's legacy should not be about how he died, but how he lived, particularly during his twenties.  His work on Glee entertained us for for years. He seemed to enjoy his life (at least the small part of his life that we saw).  He had a loving and supportive girlfriend. He had family and friends who loved and adored him. He had a good heart, and seemed like a kind and gentle man.  

Yes to all of this!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/16/2013, 8:31 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:Well, the toxicology results are what we all suspected it would be.  I hope that he didn't suffer in his final moments.

Can I just say the some of the media coverage has been pissing me off a bit?  They keep on saying that he struggled with addiction off and on for years.  Yes, he struggled with it for years when he was in his teens, but he beat his addiction, and stayed sober for 10 years, which is no small feat, and he worked hard to do something with his life.  And not only did he beat his, he spoke openly about his addiction, which I'm sure had an affect on many of his fans.  I believe in my heart that Cory's openness saved lives.

Cory's legacy should not be about how he died, but how he lived, particularly during his twenties.  His work on Glee entertained us for for years. He seemed to enjoy his life (at least the small part of his life that we saw).  He had a loving and supportive girlfriend. He had family and friends who loved and adored him. He had a good heart, and seemed like a kind and gentle man.  

Yes to all of this!

I also agree.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/16/2013, 9:08 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Georgette888 wrote:In an awful ep, Cory's dancing through the ice sculpture!
Yes, that was so funny: Remembering Cory - Page 7 2wnsfv4

I remember hating Finn/Finchel back then, but bursting into outloud laughter when Finn popped up and randomly did his stupid little Johnny Bravo dance behind the ice sculpture! It was so adorkable and cute! Awwww! Laughing mrgreen crycry 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/16/2013, 10:39 pm

I wanted to share one of my other favorite Cory and Chris moments:

That's $1200 Cory.  hehe.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/17/2013, 1:26 am

Jellyrolls wrote:I wanted to share one of my other favorite Cory and Chris moments:

That's $1200 Cory.  hehe.

3:04 is as close to a Furt duet as we're ever going to get! :(

I remember last night, an entertainment news show was doing a countdown of Cory's greatest Glee performances. "Just The Way You Are" really got to me for some reason.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Remembering Cory - Page 7 Empty Scrapbook for Cory

Post  Harmony 7/17/2013, 1:43 am

Hi guys!

I'm Jessica, username Harmony. I'm a moderator over at Glee Forum, but rest assured, I come in peace!

So we have a thread there where people are writing love letters to Cory, and initially it was a way to express our grief and celebrate him, but I was planning on printing them all out, with everyone's permission, and put it all on a posterboard and drop it off at the hotel Cory passed at, as I'm only a few hours drive away. Unfortunately due to personal issues, I'm unable to go to Canada at this time so I've actually decided to create a scrapbook and ship it to his team, and perhaps one day it'll reach his family or Lea and show them first hand just how much he influenced and inspired us.

Unfortunately, the book I have is 75 massive pages and each letter takes up less than 1/4 of a page. So I'm going around various Glee sites and asking if anybody had a letter I could include. I know a lot of you guys love him, and some of you were and are members of GF, so if anyone has something to send, please PM it to me here or there and I'll happily include it.

Thank you, and take care!
Jessica

Harmony
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 7/17/2013, 2:13 am

Jellyrolls I feel exactly the same, even the czech media who mentioned Cory's death speak about him the way that seemed to imply he was every year in rehab and was well known by his struggles with drugs...

I watched some of Cory's videos these past few days and one of the things that really strucked me was how personal he really was with everyone, like for example shaking hands and thanking the man he opened his car for him. The way he treated people was truly rare, these guys sometimes seemed to suprised too because it's not something celebrities usually do...

arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/17/2013, 3:02 am

I'm going to miss that big lug so much!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/17/2013, 6:10 am

Buenos wrote:I'm going to miss that big lug so much!  
me too. i can't come to terms with the fact that we we will never see his genuine smile again. that we will never see him again.

since it happened i haven't been able to either listen any of his songs or watch a single video of him/with him. too soon for me i guess.

i'm kind of shocked that it hit me so hard. i haven't really cried, but i feel this clench around my heart every time it hits me he is gone.

drugs or not, that was one fine man, and he left a huge hole now that he is gone. i just hope people aka. the media, remember him for what he did and was, and not just how he ended. he deserves more that that.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/17/2013, 6:18 am

Harmony wrote:Hi guys!  

I'm Jessica, username Harmony.  I'm a moderator over at Glee Forum, but rest assured, I come in peace!  

So we have a thread there where people are writing love letters to Cory, and initially it was a way to express our grief and celebrate him, but I was planning on printing them all out, with everyone's permission, and put it all on a posterboard and drop it off at the hotel Cory passed at, as I'm only a few hours drive away.  Unfortunately due to personal issues, I'm unable to go to Canada at this time so I've actually decided to create a scrapbook and ship it to his team, and perhaps one day it'll reach his family or Lea and show them first hand just how much he influenced and inspired us.  

Unfortunately, the book I have is 75 massive pages and each letter takes up less than 1/4 of a page. So I'm going around various Glee sites and asking if anybody had a letter I could include.  I know a lot of you guys love him, and some of you were and are members of GF, so if anyone has something to send, please PM it to me here or there and I'll happily include it.

Jessica

What a nice thing to do! I do hope his Lea and his family know how much he was loved by the fandom.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/17/2013, 6:25 am

I find myself just randomly saying his name or thinking about him constantly.

You know what really struck me today? I just really get the impression that he was truly proud of himself for getting sober, and that he was truly appreciative of the extra time he had in his life because of it--at least the Cory we saw in public seemed that way. He really just seemed to enjoy life.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/17/2013, 4:05 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I find myself just randomly saying his name or thinking about him constantly.

You know what really struck me today?  I just really get the impression that he was truly proud of himself for getting sober, and that he was truly appreciative of the extra time he had in his life because of it--at least the Cory we saw in public seemed that way. He really just seemed to enjoy life.

To a lot of people, it seemed like he was getting better. No one expected this. That's the confusing part. He really wanted to and tried to get better. Had he not passed away when he did, he probably would've checked himself back into rehab, only longer this time.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/17/2013, 4:06 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
Harmony wrote:Hi guys!  

I'm Jessica, username Harmony.  I'm a moderator over at Glee Forum, but rest assured, I come in peace!  

So we have a thread there where people are writing love letters to Cory, and initially it was a way to express our grief and celebrate him, but I was planning on printing them all out, with everyone's permission, and put it all on a posterboard and drop it off at the hotel Cory passed at, as I'm only a few hours drive away.  Unfortunately due to personal issues, I'm unable to go to Canada at this time so I've actually decided to create a scrapbook and ship it to his team, and perhaps one day it'll reach his family or Lea and show them first hand just how much he influenced and inspired us.  

Unfortunately, the book I have is 75 massive pages and each letter takes up less than 1/4 of a page. So I'm going around various Glee sites and asking if anybody had a letter I could include.  I know a lot of you guys love him, and some of you were and are members of GF, so if anyone has something to send, please PM it to me here or there and I'll happily include it.

Jessica

What a nice thing to do!  I do hope his Lea and his family know how much he was loved by the fandom.

Agreed. When will this book be dropped off at the hotel?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 7/17/2013, 6:33 pm

Just checking back in. Sad to say, though I am thinking about this a lot, I am very angry. Very angry. I won't vent, because I want others to have a safe place for positive memories, but I'd appreciate virtual hugs.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/17/2013, 6:54 pm

Hang in there, Anne Neville. Anger is a normal reaction to a sudden death like this. Though we don't know everything that lead up to this, but it's totally understandable to be angry at--the enablers, the dealers, Cory himself, Hollywood in general for not doing more to educate and help their stars (though if the rumors are true, the cast and producers of Glee did make an effort to help Cory in this case--something that doesn't always happen).

If you need to vent, feel free to send me a PM. I'm a good listener, and I will offer whatever support I can.

As I have said on this a few times, the one thing that is helping me the most is focusing on the way Cory lived in his 20's--not what he did in his final months. He was a very talented man with a good heart who made some bad choices. Remember the joy he brought to your life through his work, and the good he did in this world through his charity work.

Hang in there, my friend. We are all here to support each other.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/17/2013, 6:58 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Just checking back in. Sad to say, though I am thinking about this a lot, I am very angry. Very angry. I won't vent, because I want others to have a safe place for positive memories, but I'd appreciate virtual hugs.

*hugs*

And hey, it's okay to be angry. Most of my anger is gone now and replaced with sadness, but I still feel a twinge of anger that he came from such a shitty background and, against all odds, managed to have this amazing life for himself...yet he couldn't stop from self destructing. Despite all that, he seemed like such a nice guy too. Such a waste. Such a shame.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next