Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remembering Cory

+33
Buenos
Georgette888
coxfire
Kurt Hummel
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
Ireth
arina
ladydianab
Catt24
Divalicious
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Vir Cotto
opals
Ranwing
Piciollina
Jellyrolls
kac
bayth
Lottie2303
tanita_mors
TimF
fantastica
glimmerle
sheny
Delight
valkeakuulas
ColferGirl
AnneNeville
ChrisColferFan1
CloveGlee
ColferInspired
37 posters

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Remembering Cory - Page 6 Empty Re: Remembering Cory

Post  valkeakuulas 7/15/2013, 4:37 pm

There were lot if little scene that I loved that Cory was in. One of my ultimate, and also the most effective, Glee scene had both Cory and Chris. It's the one where they find Finn's dads army uniform and Kurt talks about trying to smell his mom. I still get shivers when I think of that scene: "It's not stupid."

I do love Cory's voice in Girls Just Wanna Have Fun and Gotta Be Me. Two very different song but awesome in their own way.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/15/2013, 6:01 pm

Georgette888 wrote:In an awful ep, Cory's dancing through the ice sculpture!
Yes, that was so funny: Remembering Cory - Page 6 2wnsfv4

The first memory that came to my mind for this thread was that time when Cory pretended to almost drop Glee's People's Choice Award and scared Chris:

One of my first 'encounters' with Cory as himself (so not as Finn) was the BTS video for 'Hairography' when he and Chris were interviewed together and goofing around:

These early interviews of Cory and Chris were so funny and heartfelt. It is clear they really liked each other: I always got the vibe of Cory being like a big brother to Chris, and that he (Cory) always was so proud of Chris and in awe of his talent(s).
But it's also funny how Cory was almost ashamed for laughing about Chris getting hurt during the filming of 'Jump' (my absolute favorite ND group number):

It is odd looking at Cory, via a gif or youtube video.
I'm maybe more upset today than I was yesterday. Yesterday was mostly filled with the shock and the consequences of his death for Lea and the rest of the cast of Glee. But today, especially after having searched for these gifs and videos, the realization is starting to sink in that we'll never see him goofing around in BTS videos and such anymore. :(
He was too damn young to die. But as others have said: it's also true that he was able to rebuild and make something out of his short life after it went so wrong in his childhood. I would have wanted for him to win the war, as he fought so hard, but at least he restored his honour and won a lot of respect from others in his last years before he died.

To end with a happier note: Cory filming himself, Chris, Lea and Mark on a rollercoaster:

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/15/2013, 6:10 pm

i like cory's voice. it's very calming.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/15/2013, 6:35 pm

Cory and Chris had such good moments in the interviews they did. Tater tots and comparing Sonic burger and In-n-out were epic. And I do love that roller coaster video...

And it's funny how Cory and Chris didn't almost do any interviews in S3 together, but the moment they did they fell back into that same funny mode. I guess Cory had that effect of making people relaxed and calm when they were around him.

I just remember how I gushed over those Fox Upfront photos from last year where Lea, Chris and Cory were stuffed behind that golf cart. Oh dear, here I go again. :'(
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/15/2013, 6:46 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:Cory and Chris had such good moments in the interviews they did. Tater tots and comparing Sonic burger and In-n-out were epic. And I do love that roller coaster video...

And it's funny how Cory and Chris didn't almost do any interviews in S3 together, but the moment they did they fell back into that same funny mode. I guess Cory had that effect of making people relaxed and calm when they were around him.

I just remember how I gushed over those Fox Upfront photos from last year where Lea, Chris and Cory were stuffed behind that golf cart. Oh dear, here I go again. :'(

They were hilarious together. I remember someone asked the Glee cast as a whole who the class clown was onset, and everyone either said Chris or Cory. Smile

And there was that time they (Chris and Cory) were featured together in the BTS video for Props. So hilarious how Chris had his little half smile going, and how Cory mocked his breathy, higher voice...and then Chris playfully smacked him.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/15/2013, 6:54 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:And there was that time they (Chris and Cory) were featured together in the BTS video for Props. So hilarious how Chris had his little half smile going, and how Cory mocked his breathy, higher voice...and then Chris playfully smacked him.
And Cory insisted on styling Chris' hair as Finn himself. wub 

Here's the video:

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/15/2013, 7:00 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:And there was that time they (Chris and Cory) were featured together in the BTS video for Props. So hilarious how Chris had his little half smile going, and how Cory mocked his breathy, higher voice...and then Chris playfully smacked him.
And Cory insisted on styling Chris' hair as Finn himself. wub 

Here's the video:

Thanks!

"What?! That's what he sounds like!" Laughing 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 7/15/2013, 8:34 pm

I still can't believe Cory's gone. It is the most surreal thing. We should all be in the snark and bark complaining about Glee and Darren and instead we are here, mourning someone that died too, too young.

My favorite Finn moments were usually related to Furt, although Cory was a great actor on his own as well, making me still like Finn despite all of his mistakes. Standout moments for me include his work in the Grilled Cheesus episode, particularly the Finn/Emma scene, and from Regionals, Faithfully.

I am going to miss him very much.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/15/2013, 8:44 pm

I've been watching the tributes on Access Hollywood, and Extra, and I can't remember which one it was on, but one of them had a clip of Cory where he said, "People are going to see me when I'm 45 and say, 'Are you the kid from Glee?'" Got me so teary eyed. The shows are just so overwhelming.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MissSoniaPP 7/15/2013, 8:51 pm

I still had not said anything here, because I thought that with time I would be able to say something. But I still do not know what to say, I still do not believe, I do not understand why it happened :( 
What's worse is that I was accustomed have someone to be angry and complain when something in Glee does not happens as I wanted (RIB, FOX ...). But in this situation I do not have anyone to complain, then what I feel does not disappear easily :(
MissSoniaPP
MissSoniaPP
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/15/2013, 9:08 pm

Rae Votta for billboard wrote:
Cory Monteith: Thoughts on Losing 'Glee's Heartbeat

By Rae Votta | July 14, 2013 11:00 PM EDT

Remembering Cory - Page 6 Cory-monteith_990
Cory Monteith
Matt Carr/Getty Images

"Finn was our hero, our everyman"

Early Sunday morning (late Saturday night on the west coast) my phone began to light up with text messages. First it was rumors that "Glee" star Cory Monteith had passed away, and then came condolences once the Vancouver police confirmed his death. People were checking to see if I was all right. I didn't know Cory personally, but my friends know I've spent countless hours writing about Cory and "Glee" for Billboard and other news organizations. I'm a gleek, and as one I'm deeply saddened by the loss of Cory.

It's a blessing to write about Cory before we have an autopsy, before the specter of reasons for his death cloud our memory and our sorrow over it. All what's important is a young man with a lot of promise died too soon, which is an all-too frequent tale whether we're talking about television stars or ordinary kids.
Cory had one of the hardest roles to play on "Glee," because he often had to be unlikeable but always sympathetic. Finn was positioned as our hero, our everyman who -- while Kurt and Rachel had solid passion and trajectory -- floundered when the story moved from high school to college. He clung to wild ideas, he lashed out, he thought he was being helpful when he was sometimes being oafish or accidentally cruel. He could sing, but he wasn't Rachel Berry. He was all of us, looking for a place but scared to take it when it was within reach. He was popular, but keenly aware of the threat of Lima Loser-hood, that he needed to be better than his circumstances to escape, even if he had no idea how do that just yet.
Cory was one of the few main cast members I hadn't had the privilege of interviewing during my time covering Glee for Billboard, nor was he one I had run into in mutual circles. Instead my appreciation and understanding of him came in the most part through my television screen, or interviews on YouTube, GIFs on Tumblr, witty tweets retweeted. I have one moment with him that's so miniscule compared to I'm sure the many others out there, but also so similar to the experience that many of his fans have had, and treasure, over the years. Just a moment of warmth, from Cory.

I paid for somewhat ridiculously priced second-row seats for the "Glee" tour in 2011, and thanks to the front row being filled with 5 year olds who didn't come up to my chin when standing on their chairs, I had a first row view. It was an overwhelming experience, with more than a dozen cast members and dancers often all on the stage at once, lights and video screens and confetti and the never-ending cheers around me. I remember explicitly once my neck craned to get a look at Chris Colfer across the stage when I felt eyes on me, rare in an arena setting when all eyes are always on the stage. I looked straight up to see Cory, impossibly tall above me, smiling knowingly down right at me.

Some of his best work on "Glee" over the years was with Colfer's Kurt Hummel -- the pair transitioning from being drastically on different sides of the high school coin as queer kid and straight bully (by default, Finn was somewhat passive in his bullying) to show choir teammates, and eventually, to brothers when their widowed parents married in season two. Finn's growth was the growth "Glee" inspires in the outside world -- from intolerance to acceptance, with every bump along the way. His work in these moments, between him and Colfer, or him and Mike O'Malley as his stepfather Burt, spoke of a deep talent for tapping into such universal but tricky-to-convey feelings with compassion and a gentle hand.

He knew, more than most, why I might have been transfixed on his frequent scene partner. I was caught, but his warmth meant I wasn't in trouble; there was no jealousy or annoyance. We were in on this together, this moment in the arena where there was just too much to see and do. And that's all. For Cory I was some random woman, so distracted by his coworker that I'd almost missed him, even though he was close enough to touch. For me, it's my "Cory Monteith Story." That's the fan experience, and Cory's generosity in my and all his fans' treasured moments is what makes being a fan of someone like him so rewarding. Even now, in his death, for those of us who only knew him from the outside looking in, the way his spirit inspired a fandom often fraught with frustration and arguments, to circle the wagons and celebrate a life. Any frustrations we had with the turns "Glee" had taken with his character are mellowed and easily overshadowed by the man behind the character who was upbeat, giving and kind. He channeled his past experiences into ways to help others, working with homeless youth with Virgin Unite, championing arts education and standing up as a straight ally for LGBTQ issues.

"Glee" is a million beating hearts together, and a true ensemble show with a passionate fan base that can get as excited about a background character as they do of a supposed lead role, but there's no denying that Cory's heart beat among the loudest. Whenever the show returns in whatever form they choose to deal with this great loss, we'll feel that missing beat.
x

Dammit, this got me crying again. :(
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/15/2013, 9:40 pm

the autopsy is now complete the preliminary results may come in tomorrow. toxicology report will need more time. regardless of the cause of his death, the end result is the same - he will never come back. :( 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/15/2013, 9:43 pm

I still can't believe this is real. :(

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/15/2013, 9:50 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I still can't believe this is real. :(

I still can't believe this is real either.:( 
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/15/2013, 9:55 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:

We should not be taking about this goofy, loveable young man's autopsy. Everything is backwards. It's just creepy how he went from a short rehab stint to dead, just like that. Everything progressed so quickly.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/15/2013, 9:58 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:

We should not be taking about this goofy, loveable young man's autopsy. Everything is backwards. It's just creepy how he went from a short rehab stint to dead, just like that. Everything progressed so quickly.

True, I agree.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/15/2013, 10:07 pm

I was so cynical/pissed off when he checked out of rehab 28 days later, convinced we were about to witness a Lohan case (a Ledger situation didn't even occur to me to be possible). I wish he had stayed there for a year and gotten better. I wish that Glee had given him season five off. Finn's absence would have been a year long instead of forever. Finn irritated the snot out of me, Finchel made me want to hurl, I was even a little irritated with Cory...scared that his past was catching up to him. But now? All I am is sad, disappointed and guilty for feeling angry in the first place.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 7/15/2013, 11:40 pm

I was caught, but his warmth meant I wasn't in trouble; there was no jealousy or annoyance. We were in on this together, this moment in the arena where there was just too much to see and do.

This is one of the things that always struck me about Cory. He always came across as so genuinely fond of his cast mates- not in a It's good for my image or a Fans expect me to say this sort of way, but in a way that always came across as real.

He never seemed to have a lot of ego on his own, despite being one of the best (and perhaps the most under appreciated ) actors on the show. I remember how adorably convinced Cory seemed that Chris was going to win an Emmy that first year. It was so sweet to watch. He always had such sweet things to say about Lea and Amber, too.
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/15/2013, 11:45 pm

There was not a big chance I would watch season 5. Now there is even less of a chance. I still can not believe Cory is no longer alive. Was not a big fan of Finn. but did like Cory.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/16/2013, 12:00 am

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:There was not a big chance I would watch season 5. Now  there is  even less of a chance. I still can not believe Cory is no longer alive. Was not a big fan of Finn. but did like Cory.

I didn't like Finn very much, but Cory was always one of the stronger actors. Now we only have...what? Three really good actors left to work with the writing? Such a small number compared to the bloated cast. I think I will be watching because I'm genuinely curious to see how they'll deal with this.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/16/2013, 12:12 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:There was not a big chance I would watch season 5. Now  there is  even less of a chance. I still can not believe Cory is no longer alive. Was not a big fan of Finn. but did like Cory.

I didn't like Finn very much, but Cory was always one of the stronger actors. Now we only have...what? Three really good actors left to work with the writing? Such a small number compared to the bloated cast. I think I will be watching because I'm genuinely curious to see how they'll deal with this.

I agree on of the stronger actors. I am genuinely curious also on how they deal with this. I might watch the 1st episode ,but I doubt not another season 5 episode. It is possible though I will change my mind and either don't watch a single episode of season 5 or watch the entire season.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/16/2013, 10:11 am

Tumblr has been overflowing the past few days with pictures and videos of Cory interacting with his cast mates and it was obvious that he was dearly loved by them, and that he loved them just as much. There was a playfulness about him as he interacted with them (like fussing with Chris's hair to make sure that it was styled the way Finn's was in Props). They had so much fun on set together and even under the best of circumstances, things are changed forever.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/16/2013, 10:32 am

Ranwing wrote:Tumblr has been overflowing the past few days with pictures and videos of Cory interacting with his cast mates and it was obvious that he was dearly loved by them, and that he loved them just as much. There was a playfulness about him as he interacted with them (like fussing with Chris's hair to make sure that it was styled the way Finn's was in Props). They had so much fun on set together and even under the best of circumstances, things are changed forever.

Katy Perry's Firework came on the radio and I was nearly crying.

It made me remember how well Lea sang it, then knowing how much she is suffering right now.

I have been reblogging like crazy all Sunday, US's Saturday, anything and everything about Corey.

I found it helped me.

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/16/2013, 10:44 am

I watched a couple of the old season one interviews last night, and they really made me smile. Cory was such a goofball. I'm going to miss his charisma.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/16/2013, 11:04 am

Jellyrolls wrote:I watched a couple of the old season one interviews last night, and they really made me smile.  Cory was such a goofball.  I'm going to miss his charisma.

Chris was on instagram today and liked a friend's pic.

So, I am guessing he probably has seen all the lovely comments from the fans from his last pic.

Looking at it he posted the TLOS 2 spoiler hours before the report about Corey's death.

Then I think how happy he was then, posting that pic, thinking about his book coming out, then this happened.

I remember going to Chris's instagram pic and reading the comments. Then I went out for a couple of hours. I decided to check tumblr, and that is when I saw the report about Corey.

Jonathan Groff is with Lea apparently.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next