Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remembering Cory

+33
Buenos
Georgette888
coxfire
Kurt Hummel
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
Ireth
arina
ladydianab
Catt24
Divalicious
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Vir Cotto
opals
Ranwing
Piciollina
Jellyrolls
kac
bayth
Lottie2303
tanita_mors
TimF
fantastica
glimmerle
sheny
Delight
valkeakuulas
ColferGirl
AnneNeville
ChrisColferFan1
CloveGlee
ColferInspired
37 posters

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Remembering Cory - Page 5 Empty Re: Remembering Cory

Post  AnneNeville 7/15/2013, 12:49 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
fantastica wrote:^ i think i am putting the cart before the horse and assumed too much in my above statement. until the autopsy is official nobody knows the cause of his death. he might have died from prescription drug like Heath Ledger did, or simply had a heart attack or stroke as it can happen to apparently very healthy young people too, though very very rarely.

Normal 31 year olds don't just drop dead like that. Given his past, I'm pretty sure we all know what happened. And prescription drugs are just as dangerous and addictive as "street drugs"....especially if you combine medications or take them with alcohol.

Let this be a lesson to young people...they are not invincible. Don't ever start drugs, kids. You are literally fighting your own body's chemistry for the rest of your life. Very hard to fight off this sort of thing, I've been told. Recovering addicts of all kinds have said that everyday is a struggle. One slip up/relapse can cost you your life.

1. I don't think your assumption is unfounded or unjust (I would assume the same, honestly). But . . .

2. It is worth remembering that healthy people who are not into drugs or drinking do drop dead for no apparent reason. A friend of mine died in wrestling practice in high school--17 years old, no drug use, no known heart problems. He had a cardiac event and was gone before the ambulance could get there, so it does happen.

This is very likely drug related, though, in one way or another, and I hope that people do take warning from it. I spoke to my mother yesterday about my anger and sorrow. She has lost clients to relapses before, and she suggested that I try to reframe this in my mind--that it's the only thing that helps her at those times.

Cory could have died from his drug use as a teen. He said so himself. He could have been gone at 17, 18, 19. Instead, he *did* find the strength to get clean and stay that way for a decade. An extra decade of life, when he seems to have had happiness, and when he achieved a dream. It is terrible that he relapsed, but the grip of drugs and alcohol is so strong.

He won the battle for ten years. And maybe it is better, as fans, to remember that right now. I want people to be smart and not use drugs, or to quit them if they've started, to stay healthy--but Cory was a real man, not a Glee PSA, no matter what his problems.

And to come from his background and beat such serious addictions--really beat them--for ten years more good life, to achieve a certain level of fame, and (as his cousin said) to have been able to come up from nothing to being able to provide for his family, is a big deal. Even if he did relapse. Even if he OD'd, or even if he passed away from damage done to his body when he was still a kid.

Cory--I am still angry with you, but I am going to try to follow my mother's advice and your cousin's request. You beat it when you could have given up long ago. I hope that the time that you won was good, and thank you for what you gave to your fans.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/15/2013, 12:57 pm

For me, the cause of his untimely death is irrevevent at this stage. I'll be sad to hear if drugs were a factor, but it won't change anything. He'll still be gone and I'll very much miss his presence on the show.

It's touching to hear so many statements of just how loved Cory was by the Glee family.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/15/2013, 1:06 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Cory could have died from his drug use as a teen. He said so himself. He could have been gone at 17, 18, 19. Instead, he *did* find the strength to get clean and stay that way for a decade. An extra decade of life, when he seems to have had happiness, and when he achieved a dream. It is terrible that he relapsed, but the grip of drugs and alcohol is so strong.

He won the battle for ten years. And maybe it is better, as fans, to remember that right now. I want people to be smart and not use drugs, or to quit them if they've started, to stay healthy--but Cory was a real man, not a Glee PSA, no matter what his problems.

And to come from his background and beat such serious addictions--really beat them--for ten years more good life, to achieve a certain level of fame, and (as his cousin said) to have been able to come up from nothing to being able to provide for his family, is a big deal. Even if he did relapse. Even if he OD'd, or even if he passed away from damage done to his body when he was still a kid.

Cory--I am still angry with you, but I am going to try to follow my mother's advice and your cousin's request. You beat it when you could have given up long ago. I hope that the time that you won was good, and thank you for what you gave to your fans.

This is the attitude I'm taking from it. I really admire Cory for speaking so openly about his past. I have to believe that his openness helped some fans learn from his mistakes, and even learn from his death how dangerous addiction is. Hopefully, some kids will learn that the best way to avoid addiction is not to start.

I think it's fantastic that he was able to stay sober for ten years. And many of those years brought him success, and wonderful experiences in life. I would like to think that his time on Glee was happy time for him, and that he enjoyed these past few years with Lea and the cast as a whole. He got to experience a whole lot of life and the world.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 7/15/2013, 1:14 pm

Thank you. Let's try to hold on to this once all of the positive words and memories stop and the scandals start to come out. That is when it will get truly hard to remember the victory and the good parts.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/15/2013, 1:16 pm

^ Yep. On the bright side, he was able to kick the habit for the longest time, and so much good came his way because of it. For about ten years, and especially in the last four/five years, he had a pretty sweet life going for himself. So that's something to celebrate and remember. Also, speaking so honestly and openly about his issues can serve as a reminder/inspiration to so many people out there. Not all is lost.

Like Anne said...to come from what he came from, to reach the heights that he did...that is no small accomplishment. He lost the war but he also won many important battles.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 7/15/2013, 1:33 pm

Since there will be enough about all this when the autopsy results are announced, could we perhaps get back to the title of the thread? There is nothing more that we can say until then and the future of Glee is ok to discuss in other threads.I'd like to hear what lovely things people remember him for. I will start: That gorgeous moment on the red carpet when he talked up Chris's Emmy chances. He looked like a proud big brother and that showed his unselfish, generous spirit. Also the funny interview when he and Chris looked askance at Matt. lol
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 7/15/2013, 1:34 pm

Georgette888 wrote:Since there will enough about all this when the autopsy results are announced, could we perhaps get back to the title of the thread?   There is nothing more that we can say until then and the future of Glee is ok to discuss in other threads.I'd like to hear what lovely things people remember him for. I will start: That gorgeous moment on the red carpet when he talked up Chris's Emmy chances. He looked like a proud big brother and that showed his unselfish, generous spirit. Also the funny interview when he and Chris looked askance at Matt. lol

Please share. I will step back and process my grief elsewhere for a while.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 7/15/2013, 1:40 pm

I did not mean that, love! I just meant that Id love to hear some positive stories, not *just* a discussion of addiction and Glee. I think he was such a sweet guy and most of us have a fave memory. I would love to hear them.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/15/2013, 2:02 pm

Usually I'm not someone who feel so affected by celebrities's death, because they're people who are so far away from me that I don't take them so much importance. But this's the second time that a death of a celebrity that saddened me so much, and as happened the other time, probably is because I followed Cory since I started to watch Glee, and along with Chris, he also got my attention immediately. Besides, off screen he was such a sweetheart. And, as someone said before, he had that crooked smile that it was like his trademark and I liked it. In addition, I'm angry because he was those kind of people who genuinly I believe he deserved a longlife, and...still I believe is unfair.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/15/2013, 2:07 pm

Georgette888 wrote:I did not mean that, love! I just meant that Id love to hear some positive stories, not *just* a discussion of addiction and Glee. I think he was such a sweet guy and most of us have a fave memory. I would love to hear them.

Cory's scary showface in the BTS video of the episode "Hello": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIenr6F6XQ4  2:43, 2:47, and especially 2:51 and 3:02 (LMFAO!)

Cory's "filming you, filming me, filming you" moment in Dianna Agron's video diary at 42 seconds in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXk8HkQpDwM

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/15/2013, 2:13 pm

One of the videos I like of Cory is this one

I always loved their friendship Smile

p.s sorry to bring this but I hate we're not having our Furt duet :(
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 7/15/2013, 2:13 pm

I have to admit that when some terrible thing like this happens it just really painful for me to think of these great funny moments because that just makes me sad and crying even more....still cannot believe it's true...

I remember one of the first videos I saw of Cory with Chris was where Finn Hudson was doing interview with Kurt in his gaga outfit, the whole thing made me laugh so hard.

And Cory's support fo his castmates was always truly admirable. One of my favorite things about Cory was probably his smile, I could have felt terrible but seeing his smile always made me better.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/15/2013, 2:14 pm

I loved Cory's performance in the smash up "Confessions/It's my life" , it was like the character, as clumsy and insecure as he was portrayed at times, could let go when he sang .

Cory's joy was a sight to behold.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/15/2013, 2:31 pm

cory's awkardness especially in dancing and finn's sometimes "dumb" but very adorable look made Finn a very relateable and loveable character. Finn as a loser is totally believable, unlike the newbies - nobody believes they are uncool. they are too glamorous. if they are in real high school they are likely be pursued by their classmates in droves. that's why the new ND is such a disaster.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 7/15/2013, 2:40 pm

In an awful ep, Cory's dancing through the ice sculpture! And when Heather was trying to teach him some dance moves in the background of the stage at the last few Glee Live shows. Also, the way he checked Chris was in his trailer when they were on location before he went into his own. Such a sweetie.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/15/2013, 2:49 pm

ontd_glee has a post about media reactions to Cory's death: http://ontd-glee.livejournal.com/2756298.html#comments, including video and NPR audio clips. highly recommend listening to the NRP audio clip.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 7/15/2013, 3:01 pm

Cory Monteith: What You Might Not Know About the Beloved (Understatement) Glee Star

If you came to this story hoping for more details about how and why Cory Monteithis no longer with us, you are in the wrong place.

If you are a fan seeking comfort that some members of the press are grieving just as much as you, this is for you.

This is a personal account from one of the (many) reporters who covered Glee since it began, written solely because I can’t stop crying over the news, and feel the need to tell you fans that you are not alone in your devastation.

After the tragic news broke Saturday that Cory had been found in a Vancouver hotel room, various members of the press took to Twitter to reflect on what a truly sincere and sweet guy he was, calling him things like "incredibly kind,"   "always courteous,"  "humble, down to earth," "always honest and unaffected" and "the absolute nicest."

We have covered celebrity deaths before. This one is different.

From the producers and cast and crew and fans on the street to, yes, even the reporters who covered the show, it seems that in Cory’s time in Hollywood, no one really ever had a single bad word to say about the guy.

In case you don’t know a whole lot about this town, that doesn’t happen.

At every Glee press event, from before the show first aired until it became an award-winning success, Monteith was kind and respectful, carefully listening to questions, giving thoughtful and playful answers, and never taking himself too seriously.

If you asked your 18 millionth question about Finn and Rachel, he would smile and do his absolute best to give you something the fans would appreciate hearing.

If you wanted to snap a selfie with him, he wouldn’t just oblige, he would tell you some fun little tricks on how to make you looks the best ("Who cares about me?") and keep snapping photos until he thought the pic did you justice.

And I will never forget that during my first visit to the Glee set in season one, as we watched a performance scene in which Cory was sweating buckets and giving every ounce of everything he had, one of the producers turned to me and said, “No one works harder than Cory. No one. He is everything this show is about."

There are no words for how much he will be missed.

RIP, Cory. You are loved.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 7/15/2013, 3:23 pm

littlegleeprincess:
E news live segment on Cory today
(This is long and will probably make you cry so watch at your own risk. I did miss the first 20 seconds too I’m sorry.)

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/15/2013, 3:24 pm

Buenos wrote:I loved Cory's performance in the smash up "Confessions/It's my life" , it was like the character, as clumsy and insecure as he was portrayed at times, could let go when he sang .  

Cory's joy was a sight to behold.

I remember the klutzy/high dancing during that number. blushh

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 7/15/2013, 3:33 pm

Remembering Cory - Page 5 Tumblr_mpzpd1RX101ql1znmo1_500

“The entire Glee family and I are deeply saddened by this tragedy. Cory was and always will be a part of my own family and a good friend. He was a special part of this world and will forever be missed. My heart goes out to Cory’s family and Lea and while we are grateful for everyone’s well wishes, privacy during this time of grief is greatly appreciated.”
— Naya Rivera

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/15/2013, 3:41 pm

The first season, I have to admit, I didn't like Cory's voice at all. It just grated on me for some reason. I can clearly remember saying to my sister, "I can't stand Finn's voice. It really grates on me." I can't even pinpoint exactly what it was that I didn't like about it now, but there was some kind of a noise he made that got to me back then.

But by the end of season one, that really changed for me. I really started enjoying his voice, and looking forward to his solos and his duets with Lea. And I really grew to love Finn. Finn is one of the few characters on Glee who really seemed to have a conscience. He was definitely adorkable. And Cory made him come to life the way few other actors can make a character come to life. He was able to do those subtle little things like Chris that really makes you really care about the character.

My favorite Finn performance on the show (and one that is in my top five non-Chris performances) was definitely "I've Gotta Be Me." I thought it was a great performance for him vocally, and also thought it was a fantastic perforamance visually. And he seemed to be having so much fun in the performance. That is the one that will always stick with me more than any other one.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/15/2013, 3:56 pm

I hated his voice at first as well. But I remember thinking how greatly he has improved by the end of season three.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/15/2013, 3:58 pm

arina wrote:I have to admit that when some terrible thing like this happens it just really painful for me to think of these great funny moments because that just makes me sad and crying even more....still cannot believe it's true...

I remember one of the first videos I saw of Cory with Chris was where Finn Hudson was doing interview with Kurt in his gaga outfit, the whole thing made me laugh so hard.

And Cory's support fo his castmates was always truly admirable. One of my favorite things about Cory was probably his smile, I could have felt terrible but seeing his smile always made me better.

Every single thing you said describes me. In fact, seeing all these memories about Cory, and that article you posted has got me crying again...

I love how Cory used to photobomb pictures, he had been doing it for quite long, and I never really noticed anyone else doing it, just him, and it was so funny.

Remembering Cory - Page 5 Tumblr_lxxd3qrTBg1qcqizwo7_250
Remembering Cory - Page 5 Tumblr_lxxd3qrTBg1qcqizwo5_500
Remembering Cory - Page 5 Tumblr_lxxd3qrTBg1qcqizwo3_250

I've always loved his voice, and loved hearing it improve over the years. And I loved his lovely smile, his amazing acting, how nice he was to everyone, his drumming (like with the Tupperware for his audition and again on Ellen) and his adorkable dancing.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 7/15/2013, 4:03 pm

I am sure that others have Glee songs as their ringtone. I have Don't stop believing over a year. The first time after the news when my phone rang it made me very sad. I haven't changed it because it reminds what joy the show and Cory brought to me as I watched them grow from wide eyed star struck kids to the men and women they are today. Of course, season4 was not giving much joy but that is another topic. I appreciate the support that everyone here on the forums have given one another. I feel like we are a sort of virtual family. Stay strong everyone and feel what you need to feel and know that it is okay to do so.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 7/15/2013, 4:06 pm

OMG! I am sorry for my horrible typing. I am on the go and am typing one finger on my ipad mini. Tiny keys for not so tiny fingers!
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next