Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

+32
CloveGlee
Molly2
Georgette888
Stephanieeee
kac
TimF
Divalicious
opals
bayth
glimmerle
tanita_mors
arina
MissSoniaPP
coxfire
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Vir Cotto
angelnessa
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
sheny
sjonnepon
ColferInspired
AnneNeville
Jellyrolls
fantastica
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Buenos
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
36 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 36 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  Lottie2303 8/2/2013, 2:51 pm

I really liked Nayas and Grants "Smooth Criminal". However I have to admit that is was one of the very many signs how Kurt was a) not allowed to react to a situation without interference from others; and b) prohibited to sing himself. Why? I really will never understand while they stopped valuing Kurt as a character.

The idea of a Kurtbastian duet??! wub Excuse me while I hyperventilate.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 36 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  AnneNeville 8/2/2013, 2:54 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I really liked Nayas and Grants "Smooth Criminal". However I have to admit that is was one of the very many signs how Kurt was a) not allowed to react to a situation without interference from others; and b) prohibited to sing himself. Why? I really will never understand while they stopped valuing Kurt as a character.

And I will also never understand why they made Kurt think that the high road was destroying evidence of a premeditated assault on himself/his boyfriend. What a bizarre, bizarre choice. It's is, I think, the one and only Blaine-stan anti-Kurt argument that I buy. Kurt had no business destroying that tape without talking to the person who had to have eye surgery first!

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/2/2013, 2:55 pm

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 36 EJaUisX

Naya's promoting her single, Sorry, and she's not sorry about it. Featuring Big Sean. Subtle.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/2/2013, 2:56 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I really liked Nayas and Grants "Smooth Criminal". However I have to admit that is was one of the very many signs how Kurt was a) not allowed to react to a situation without interference from others; and b) prohibited to sing himself. Why? I really will never understand while they stopped valuing Kurt as a character.

Don't die, Lottie! Razz I didnt mean to make you have respiratory issues.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/2/2013, 3:08 pm

AnneNeville wrote:And I will also never understand why they made Kurt think that the high road was destroying evidence of a premeditated assault on himself/his boyfriend. What a bizarre, bizarre choice. It's is, I think, the one and only Blaine-stan anti-Kurt argument that I buy. Kurt had no business destroying that tape without talking to the person who had to have eye surgery first!

Yep, nothing made sense that episode including Kurt. I also don't get why Will was so against trying to press charges against Sebastian. Also that Will only concentrated on the competition. At the end of the day it is actually just a musical competition. It is nothing compared to medical surgery.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/2/2013, 3:10 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:And I will also never understand why they made Kurt think that the high road was destroying evidence of a premeditated assault on himself/his boyfriend. What a bizarre, bizarre choice. It's is, I think, the one and only Blaine-stan anti-Kurt argument that I buy. Kurt had no business destroying that tape without talking to the person who had to have eye surgery first!

Yep, nothing made sense that episode including Kurt. I also don't get why Will was so against trying to press charges against Sebastian. Also that Will only concentrated on the competition. At the end of the day it is actually just a musical competition. It is nothing compared to medical surgery.

It's . . . GLEE!

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/2/2013, 3:14 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:

We don't actually know exactly what happened in that case. For all we know , they couldve had a copy of the tape and Blaine just don't want the authorities to get involved. There were do many plot holes though that we don't know for sure.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/2/2013, 3:20 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:They did a great job (and I hate both of their characters so I'm not just saying that!) But yes, I agree.

I'm not saying they didnt. I really liked it, and Naya and Grant had really good chemistry, but to be honest, I don't think Nayas voice is suited for MJ. It's not edgy enough. MJ was very staccato and edgy, much like Kevin, and Naya tends to make her notes smoother and longer.

Really? Interesting. Of all of the girls, I thought Naya suited MJ the best. unsure  I loved her: "I am tired of this devil..." part in Black or White. Lea and Amber have beautiful voices...but they are too smooth for MJ.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/2/2013, 3:22 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
brisallie wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:BEAT IT! I LOVE THAT SONG!!! *ahem* Sorry....

There are so many MJ songs I'd love to hear him tackle. Smooth Criminal, Billie Jean, Dirty Diana...for no reason other than I like them.

Sadly they already did Smooth Criminal, but Naya/Grant duet was good and it made me to ship Sebtana. But the other ones could be great songs too, I'm already imagingin him singing  "Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it..." He would be great.
Including some of MJ's dance moves and his bitch face in the video! neutre

Especially the dance moves! How cool would that be? Now, can Chris pull them off would be the question of the century! Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/2/2013, 3:25 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:They did a great job (and I hate both of their characters so I'm not just saying that!) But yes, I agree.

I'm not saying they didnt. I really liked it, and Naya and Grant had really good chemistry, but to be honest, I don't think Nayas voice is suited for MJ. It's not edgy enough. MJ was very staccato and edgy, much like Kevin, and Naya tends to make her notes smoother and longer.

Really? Interesting. Of all of the girls, I thought Naya suited MJ the best. unsure  I loved her: "I am tired of this devil..." part in Black or White. Lea and Amber have beautiful voices...but they are too smooth for MJ.

Yeah she did good in 'Black or White', but I was mainly referring to 'Bad' and 'Smooth Crininal'. And Amber sounded absolutely amazing on 'Human Natire'.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/2/2013, 3:33 pm

Oh, I loved her in Bad and Smooth Criminal! And I loved Amber's take on Human Nature! Even though her voice is almost too lovely for MJ, I loved her little vocal hiccups in the song when she mimicked his style.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/2/2013, 3:41 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Oh, I loved her in Bad and Smooth Criminal! And I loved Amber's take on Human Nature! Even though her voice is almost too lovely for MJ, I loved her little vocal hiccups in the song when she mimicked his style.

I just wasn't a fan of the Glee rendition of 'Bad'. It felt like they were trying too hard. The only parts I liked were Kevin and the Warblers.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/2/2013, 3:51 pm

Okay, maybe I was distracted by Kurt in his 'badass clothes'! cool

Another MJ song I'd love to have seen Kurt tackle: "They Don't Care About Us", including the military/drill dance in the beginning. Him leading the ND and other bullied students through the hallways in a song and dance expressed rage. This is an angry song and all about the underdog.

Can Kurtbastian lovers explain something to me? Help me understand? I get that there is a certain tension, sexual or otherwise, between them. But I can't get over the fact that Sebastian insulted Kurt constantly, tried to take his boyfriend, and intended to hurt him with that rocksalt slushie. When I think of those things, I just cannot ship him with Kurt at all because Kurt is my baby and deserves better...you know? That being said, I get the dynamic between them and why you all would find it attractive. (PS, those who have not read "A Starring Role"...read it now!)

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/2/2013, 4:38 pm

Heather, just read "Don't you remember" and you'll wear Kurtbastian googles. I am also offended, I tried to explain it to you already so many times. Didn't you listen??! Mad 

Honestly, the FF writers are so good to redeem Sebastian. It is always addressed and dealt with properly. Also the two of them just make so much sense. They don't take shit from each other but also balance each other out. Honestly, in any other show those two would have been a couple. It is so much wasted potential. It hurts my little Kurtbastian heart crycry 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/2/2013, 4:42 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Heather, just read "Don't you remember" and you'll wear Kurtbastian googles. I am also offended, I tried to explain it to you already so many times. Didn't you listen??! Mad 

Honestly, the FF writers are so good to redeem Sebastian. It is always addressed and dealt with properly. Also the two of them just make so much sense. They don't take shit from each other but also balance each other out. Honestly, in any other show those two would have been a couple. It is so much wasted potential. It hurts my little Kurtbastian heart crycry 

Link to that fanfic, please?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/2/2013, 4:48 pm

Here you go:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/715401/chapters/1324456

But really, this is one amazing FF!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/2/2013, 5:24 pm

A Change in the Weather is the one that converted me!
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/2/2013, 6:26 pm

Amber was glorious on "Human Nature".

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/2/2013, 8:05 pm

Okay so far, I'm really not impressed with Nayas single. It was way too over processed.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/2/2013, 9:00 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Here you go:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/715401/chapters/1324456

But really, this is one amazing FF!

I have read that and others.

I am reading "Starring Role" now.

RIB wasted Sebastian in the show. There would have been so much story there between him and Kurt, and would have been so entertaining to watch.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/2/2013, 9:20 pm

Naya's single isn't much of a teaser, is it?fanny2 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/2/2013, 10:53 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:Okay so far, I'm really not impressed with Nayas single. It was way too over processed.

Not even going to listen.

Okay, I lied. I just listened. EWWW! She should stick to covering good songs, like Amy Winehouse and Adele numbers.

Last edited by MoviesAreLife on 8/2/2013, 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/2/2013, 10:56 pm

I listened to Naya's single and I'm unsure if I like it or not. I just feel that nowadays is usual this combination of pop singers with hip hop singers, so isn't sth new to me.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/2/2013, 10:59 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Heather, just read "Don't you remember" and you'll wear Kurtbastian googles. I am also offended, I tried to explain it to you already so many times. Didn't you listen??! Mad 

Hey, I've READ a Kurtbastian fic called "This Should be an Interesting Year" and even recommended it to you...but Kurtbastian doesn't even sit well with me, but I admit the story is good and well written and I "get" their appeal in a way. Yes, I get that they balance each other out and "don't take shit" from the other, but that doesn't cancel out all of the bad things Sebastian did to Kurt in canon. He tried to hurt him. It makes me incredibly nervous. Dave has (in canon) actually apologized to Kurt for his actions (whereas Sebastian apologized to Blaine mostly). Dave has truly turned over a new leaf, and I still do not ship Kurtofsky because of the ugly history there. It's the same with Kurtbastian in my eyes. They have the potential to be an abusive relationship...or at the very least, dysfunctional. And Kurt deserves the best. vexe

Kurt may or may not allow himself to be in an abusive relationship (depends on whether or not you think Klaine is abusive) but what does it say about his self worth if he allows himself to be with someone who has treated him so horribly? It's why I don't ship Karley or Pezberry either. It's one thing to be "challenged" in a relationship and to have a slight bit of friction can be seen as interesting...but a relationship should also be your soft place to fall. If I was Kurt, I would not trust Sebastian at all. As a Kurt stan, I cannot forgive or forget how Sebastian has treated Kurt in the past.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 8/3/2013, 2:03 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:Okay so far, I'm really not impressed with Nayas single. It was way too over processed.

Not even going to listen.

Okay, I lied. I just listened. EWWW! She should stick to covering good songs, like Amy Winehouse and Adele numbers.

Is it really so bad? It doesn't really matter because I have to intention to listen that song. Not because of Naya I like her voice but because of her boyfriend Big Sean. I don't like the guy and I don't want to hear any song he is part of. It's non of my business who she dates but I seriously don't understand what she sees in him. The man can't stop cussing, he calls her "my new girl" instead of "my girlfriend" and a couple of days ago I read somewhere that he is a homophobe.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next