Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

+32
CloveGlee
Molly2
Georgette888
Stephanieeee
kac
TimF
Divalicious
opals
bayth
glimmerle
tanita_mors
arina
MissSoniaPP
coxfire
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Vir Cotto
angelnessa
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
sheny
sjonnepon
ColferInspired
AnneNeville
Jellyrolls
fantastica
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Buenos
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
36 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  ColdFlame96 8/3/2013, 8:21 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:What pair is Karley? I can only think of Kurt + Marley . . . unless you mean Kitty + Marley? I didn't realize that was a ship.

I actually ADORE the idea of a Kurt/Marley friendship! My favorite original with my favorite newbie! Also, they kind of look like brother and sister. Smile 

I think you are so alone with that opinion Razz Razz Razz fanny2 

I don't want any Newbie/Kurt connections as it would mean he remains in Lima.  antifana 

I don't know, I thought his interactions with Kitty were amusing.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  AnneNeville 8/3/2013, 9:37 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:What pair is Karley? I can only think of Kurt + Marley . . . unless you mean Kitty + Marley? I didn't realize that was a ship.

Yeah, it's basically the noob version of Faberry.

Karley: Kitty and Marley. vomit2  I just don't understand why so many Glee fans love to ship a victim with their abuser/bully.

Everyone loves a redemption arc, right? And truthfully, I do, too--as long as the change comes from within the baddy. Reminds me of one of my favorite Regency romances, The Duke's Wager. Thing is, things have to be done VERY well for it to work.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/3/2013, 9:39 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:

I actually ADORE the idea of a Kurt/Marley friendship! My favorite original with my favorite newbie! Also, they kind of look like brother and sister. Smile 

Hm . . . that would be interesting. She certainly made an impression on Kurt in The New Rachel, if I recall . . . But I don't see a college freshman/sophomore becoming good friends with a high school sophomore--not until they are older, at the very least.

ETA: I misread totally! I was thinking of a Kurt/Kitty friendship, which struck me as rather odd. I'm not sure how Marley and Kurt would jive. They haven't got too much in common, have they?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/3/2013, 9:55 pm

For me Kurt and Marley can pass as brother/sister, both are tall, slim, dark hair, light eyes. But besides of that, I don't see nothing else in common, and I think is high impossible to see a friendship between Kurt and one of the newbies, because he spend more of the time in NY and the few times he's in Lima, he usually hang out with the old gang (if they're in town) or Blaine dryy  or just spends time with his family. So, if we had in mind any friendship between Kurt and the newbies, I think we have to draw on fanfiction, because in canon, I don't see it happen soon (or later) but who knows.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/3/2013, 10:04 pm

The benefit of a Kurt and Marley friendship is she can point out that this guy that is proposing marriage to you was just dressing as a superhero a couple of weeks ago. Not husband material to my mind. Cosplaying is okay, but for Blaine I don't get that he is celebrating a character he likes, I get that he wants to be the hero, without doing anything heroic, like getting a job or such.

Kurt's relationships seem to exist merely to point out how lucky he is to have Blaine. Too bad the writers don't give us actual reasons for him to accept a child as a prospective spouse. Like having him grow up, learning to deal with conflict, instead of life being a perpetual acknowledgement of how perfect he is in every way. Well, Glee peeps, only Mary Poppins is NEARLY perfect in every way, and she doesn't have her writer trying to get us believe that she is the epitome of guys and girls desire.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/3/2013, 10:49 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

Hm . . . that would be interesting. She certainly made an impression on Kurt in The New Rachel, if I recall . . . But I don't see a college freshman/sophomore becoming good friends with a high school sophomore--not until they are older, at the very least.

ETA: I misread totally! I was thinking of a Kurt/Kitty friendship, which struck me as rather odd. I'm not sure how Marley and Kurt would jive. They haven't got too much in common, have they?

No, they don't...I just think they are both really good people. A friendship with her will be completely different from his friendships with Rachel or Santana because she is so laid back.Smile 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/4/2013, 12:06 am

God forbid you express an opinion about Klaine that doesn't make them sound perfect:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 38 Idiot10

Yes, one person calls my opinion invalid, and another person calls me a bitch, all because I think Klaine is the worst TV couple.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/4/2013, 12:38 am

^ So your opinion is "invalid" just because you don't share their opinion? What are they, 12?

And what is so wrong about Blaine having to win Kurt's trust back? Morons.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/4/2013, 12:40 am

Jellyrolls wrote:God forbid you express an opinion about Klaine that doesn't make them sound perfect:

Yes, one person calls my opinion invalid, and another person calls me a bitch, all because I think Klaine is the worst TV couple.

I think your opinion is very valid. Even if I  did   liked cannon  Klaine,before the cheating and blaming. I still would agree with your Tweet. If RIB wants me to want Klaine to reunite ,they would do it by having  Blaine work on earning Kurt's Trust back  1st.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/4/2013, 1:25 am

They probably are 12, if they believe that any opinions not their own are automatically invalid.  They obviously don't tread in the real adult world.  Funny, these are probably the same people who think Kurt should give it up to Blaine just because, but don't think Kurt is worthy of Blaine.  Blaine should just get whatever he wants whenever he wants it.  Just because they would hand themselves over, and will undoubtedly be pregnant before they graduate high school, doesn't mean anyone else needs to do what they want.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/4/2013, 5:35 am

I never receive such tweets, so I find them funny. They only show immaturity, illusions and sheer disrespect to other human beings. They are the ones looking childish and bad. But as I said, I never receive such tweets, so I am sorry you have to endure such non-sense.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/4/2013, 6:03 am

Divalicious wrote:They probably are 12, if they believe that any opinions not their own are automatically invalid.  They obviously don't tread in the real adult world.  Funny, these are probably the same people who think Kurt should give it up to Blaine just because, but don't think Kurt is worthy of Blaine.  Blaine should just get whatever he wants whenever he wants it.  Just because they would hand themselves over, and will undoubtedly be pregnant before they graduate high school, doesn't mean anyone else needs to do what they want.

I agree. I doubt they are really Klainers ,but Blaine Can do no wrong stans.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 8/4/2013, 7:51 am

Jellyrolls wrote:God forbid you express an opinion about Klaine that doesn't make them sound perfect:

I feel bad that you have to undergo such emotional abuse from these rude Klainers, Karen. Reading that tweet makes bile rise up to my throat.

Is that your twitter stalker? She sounds like a most unpleasant person, and the way she argues her point by resorting to derogatory name-calling (You: 'Blaine needs to earn Kurt's trust first before Klaine is to be reunited'; Klainer: 'Your opinion doesn't matter, b*tch'), reveals herself to be nothing more than an immature and rude child. Some people should be banned from the internet.

Oh yeah, and the news about the Klaine duet is just another reason for me to not get excited about the new season. These show writers have their fingers so far away from the pulse of its audience that they're in outer space.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/4/2013, 8:16 am

And then they dare whine how they are 'hated' and 'prosecuted' in the fandom, when they never do anything to deserve that hate.
Poor innocent babies. Tsk. pauly

Divalicious wrote:They probably are 12, if they believe that any opinions not their own are automatically invalid.  They obviously don't tread in the real adult world.  Funny, these are probably the same people who think Kurt should give it up to Blaine just because, but don't think Kurt is worthy of Blaine.  Blaine should just get whatever he wants whenever he wants it.  Just because they would hand themselves over, and will undoubtedly be pregnant before they graduate high school, doesn't mean anyone else needs to do what they want.
banzai ^This.

It's so clear most of them have had no (or hardly any) experience with a real romantic relationship.

It's their opinion that's invalid in the adult world. And that's why it's so bafling that grown-ups like Ryan Murphy write the relationships in Glee exactly that way and pander to these shippers. Maybe he does that in an attempt to keep the younger viewers watching Glee (chasing away the older viewers in the process, btw), but it's also pretty clear that Ryan has a quite messed up idea of relationships himself, especially when it comes to fidelity and consent.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/4/2013, 10:55 am

@Delight, this is a different person--or people actually. One person said my opinion was invalid, and a second person quoted her and called me a bitch. So there were two people who were not happy with me last night.

Sadly, I have had a lot of Blaine stans jump on me whenever I tweet saying that Kurt deserves better than Blaine. There was nothing in my tweet that warranted an attack. I didn't trash Blaine in it. If anything, I took a bit of a shot at the writers for not making him earn Kurt's trust back.

It amazes me to see how many people are out there who think Kurt should take Blaine back when Blaine has done nothing to earn Kurt's trust back. It amazes me to see how many people just overlook the fact that Blaine disregards Kurt's feelings, and tells Kurt how he should feel instead of listening to what Kurt is feeling.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/4/2013, 3:14 pm

I find it hilarious how not one of them has given you a good argument as to why Klaine should be together. "You suck, bitch. Your opinion is invalid" is laughable.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/4/2013, 4:00 pm

Because they don't have a reasonable argument but "Klaine are endgame, they're meant for each other", and for me it proves they think as teenagers who don't see beyond romanticism. If Klaine going through what life bring after high school successfully, I would consider they're possibly endgame.

@Jelly, I hope those bitches are not disturbing you anymore, and if they do again, I know you'll call them out.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/4/2013, 9:59 pm

brisallie wrote:@Jelly, I hope those bitches are not disturbing you anymore, and if they do again, I know you'll call them out.

I don't let them bother me.  I have thick skin.  I did call them out on it.  I tweeted the picture to Ryan and Chris saying it's sad that I can't express an opinion with about being bullied and called a name. Oh, and I tweeted them directly that they need to learn that other people have a right to express opinions.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/4/2013, 10:33 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
brisallie wrote:@Jelly, I hope those bitches are not disturbing you anymore, and if they do again, I know you'll call them out.

I don't let them bother me.  I have thick skin.  I did call them out on it.  I tweeted the picture to Ryan and Chris saying it's sad that I can't express an opinion with about being bullied and called a name.  Oh, and I tweeted them directly that they need to learn that other people have a right to express opinions.

They won't understand that until they pass the emotional age of 10.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/5/2013, 4:22 am

People like those stand against everything Glee represented in S1. It is sad bullies nowadays are the main target group Glee targets to :( .
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/5/2013, 10:10 am

I just wish they'd let the endgame crap die already!!! I mean, come on!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 8/5/2013, 11:10 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:I just wish they'd let the endgame crap die already!!! I mean, come on!

Endgame is unfortunately what sells within the teenage population, which is now the targeted demography of Glee. I have given up the prospect of interesting, well thought, adult storylines, particularly for Kurt, who was sacrificed on the Blaine-worshipping altar. I guess I was too demanding with this TV show, after the 13 first episodes.

If RIB can't understand that telling the story of a break-up is as, or even more, interesting than telling fairytale stories of "Soulmate 4EVR!! ENDGAME!!". Living your first break-up, learn to move on and love someone new, this is also part of the transition from teenage to adulthood. None of Glee couples had the "chance" to go through that. Brittania broke up beacause of schedules incompatibilities. Finchel never were truly broken up, a la Klaine.
Anyway, I have a hard time watching a show that condones cheating and treats the cheater as the hero, while the cheatee is berated by his own friends for not forgiving said cheater ("he's just human!" Poor-woobie Blaine). What a nice message: Hey kids, it's OK to cheat on your SO, as long as you whine, mope and self-pity yourself about it, and if you force your opinion on him when he doesn't want to get back with you! Better, it's even mors OK if you propose out of the blue!! Yeah right. nice message, Glee.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/5/2013, 12:09 pm

I wish they wouldn't do this. They have the potential to be great...if only they would stop appealing to the lowest common denominator. Endgame is nauseating to anyone who is out of their teens, or who isn't stuck in the fairy tale romance garbage (because even some adults like that endgame crap, believe it or not.)

Endgame promotes chaining people into unhealthy, toxic relationships because some people buy that "safe" feeling. "Yes, I'm unhappy...but at least I'll never have to be alone." Pffft.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/5/2013, 12:28 pm

The endgame crap is crazy, and since so many books/movies have these couples that have this powerful connection that transcends anything else, kids think that is real, and any harm done can be written off because they are endgame.

One thing about the endgame couples is that they all seem to be written he same way. They have a gorgeous male who everyone wants and gets all starry eyed around (think Edward Cullen, Christian Gray, and for some crazy reason Blaine:vomir: ). The woman always seems to view herself as undesirable and not worthy of the guy, wondering why he would want to be with her (in the case of Bella and Anastasia anyways). The guys always seem to be controlling and treat the woman badly. And this is what woman want in a relationship? Do people really want relationships where you so easily forgive bad behavior because you are endgame and meant to be?

The worst part about Klaine being endgame is that the unfortunate inevitable Klaine reunion ruins the character of the most important character on Glee--the character that has been most inspirational and important to kids every year. They turned Kurt from a strong young man who fought against the obstacles in his path to Blaine's little Mrs. The hopeless romantic Kurt from season one and two would not so easily forgive cheating, especially not when his partner has done nothing to earn his trust back (and wouldn't have slept with his ex when he was still reeling from the cheating). Kurt was a much stronger and better character as an individual than he is as part of Klaine (at least by the time season three rolled along).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/5/2013, 12:40 pm

Maybe I am in minority here but even though I know it's not exactly the reality I am not totally against endgame couples on tv.... there are many shows where I was rooting for the main couple since the beginning to the end hoping they will end up together or get back togehter again... but these couples had at least in my opinion great chemistry, were well written and you just could see how they love each other, how well are they suited for each other, how the complement each other... what I don't like is when I am told some couples is supposed to be endgame and soulmates and that is why I should want them to end up together, even though they don't make any sense on my screen and nothing I've seen about them on tv made me feel the way I am told by the writers I should feel...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next