Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

+32
CloveGlee
Molly2
Georgette888
Stephanieeee
kac
TimF
Divalicious
opals
bayth
glimmerle
tanita_mors
arina
MissSoniaPP
coxfire
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Vir Cotto
angelnessa
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
sheny
sjonnepon
ColferInspired
AnneNeville
Jellyrolls
fantastica
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Buenos
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
36 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 17 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  TimF 6/25/2013, 3:10 am

Many many fan fics give Blaine the atributes of a puppy dog. "He's so cute and cuddly!". "He gives Kurt puppy eyes of doom"... Among other puppy references that could give one the incentive to be bulimic. It could be safe to say that Darren is a method "actor" studying some random Fido. Perhaps that gif was a study of how to best imitate an animal that needs to be smacked with a rolled up newspaper. Rolling Eyes
TimF
TimF
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 17 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  Lottie2303 6/25/2013, 3:42 am

I actually feel sorry for Darren. I'd be devastated to lose my hair :(.

Blaine is so not a puppy. I laughed very hard, because recently there as a tumblr gifset captioned "Blaine looking shocked about the idiocy of others". I felt like that fan missed the entire last season, as Blaine was so many times responsible for the most idiotic storylines himself.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/25/2013, 9:09 am

haha, we should rename this thread "the Darren Criss depreciation thread". Razz

p.s. Americans think bald men are sexy. after all, we chose the bald eagle as our national symbol.

tonguue
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/25/2013, 9:18 am

I don't care one way of another if Darren is losing his hair.  Lots of men start going bald when they are young, and wind up shaving it all off rather than deal with the bald spot, which is better than a bad comb over.

Since Darren doesn't seem to do anything to cover it when he's not on Glee, I would assume it doesn't bother him that much.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/25/2013, 2:13 pm

since this is the darren criss depreciation thread, i am going to post more stuff here (do not click play if you are not ready to depreciate him):

DC at Hollywood Bowl (skip the first half): 

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 17 Tumblr_mouw6uOR7f1soq7g6o1_1280

poor thing, would our dear Marie kindly give this bald kid a vocal lesson? at least he should learn to stop sing any high notes. If this is done at America's Got Talent he would be buzzed down the the stage as soon as he gets to the chorus part.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/25/2013, 2:27 pm

God that key change was painful to listen to. It sounds like a middle school talent show. I'm really glad he didnt do it in the original key though. The only person who should ever sing that song is Kevin Fucking McHale. Alright?
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/25/2013, 2:36 pm

I listened to the Hollywood Bowl performance the other night.  His voice sounded weaker than normal on it to me.  I wonder if it is strained from the tour, travel, and interviews. 

I'd like to know how much the record company paid to get him on the line up with Stevie Wonder, Patti Austin, Stephen Tyler, Joe Perry, and John Legend.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/25/2013, 2:40 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:God that key change was painful to listen to. It sounds like a middle school talent show. I'm really glad he didnt do it in the original key though. The only person who should ever sing that song is Kevin Fucking McHale. Alright?
kevin would be awesome. i believe he's on the glee version right? 

i am sure he's somewhat strained from the tour etc., but still, this can turn off a lot of potential fans. it's not doing his name any good. sounds more like "demotion". i kind of feel sorry for him. but of course, his die hard fan don't care. they are already a crying mess (and therefore can't hear him).
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/25/2013, 3:37 pm

I didn't even manage 30 minutes seconds... this is so bad. It isn't even a matter of taste anymore. It just isn't good.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/25/2013, 4:28 pm

I don't know if it's that bad unsure ....it's live, crappy camera, but I do agree he tries a bit too much. If he had flu or problem with his voice then a solid, simple performance might have probably sounded better?

Lets just let him try, he might make it. Is this his own song, cause I can't hear clearly when he introduces the song. I always feel bad when someones efforts are put down. He has worked hard to sell himself these past few weeks.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/25/2013, 4:38 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:I don't know if it's that bad unsure....it's live, crappy camera, but I do agree he tries a bit too much. If he had flu or problem with his voice then a solid, simple performance might have probably sounded better?

Lets just let him try, he might make it. Is this his own song, cause I can't hear clearly when he introduces the song. I always feel bad when someones efforts are put down. He has worked hard to sell himself these past few weeks.

It's not his own song. It's a cover of 'Hall of Fame' by the Script. They sang it for regionals in Glee and Kevin got the solo.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/25/2013, 4:47 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:I don't know if it's that bad unsure....it's live, crappy camera, but I do agree he tries a bit too much. If he had flu or problem with his voice then a solid, simple performance might have probably sounded better?

It's not his own song. It's a cover of 'Hall of Fame' by the Script. They sang it for regionals in Glee and Kevin got the solo.

Oooh, Kevin does sing well (and I didn't watch the regionals for obvious lack of certain someone, shame on me) but aside from that song, what I don't understand is that why he doesn't sing his own songs? I've actually listened to his first EP entirely and it was OK indie stuff. If he'd sing something that means a lot to him then even a tired voice can't ruin it.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/25/2013, 6:11 pm

i agree he should sing his own song. plus this song is out of his range. he sounds very strained.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/25/2013, 6:41 pm

If I had to venture a guess, they organizers probably asked him to do a cover that night.  It's not like he's an established artist with well known songs.  The event wasn't about him--it was about the artists they were inducting into the Hollywood Bowl Hall of Fame (John Legend, Stephen Tyler, Joe Perry, and Patti Austin).  The organizers probably either gave him a list or asked him to do that song specifically, or he gave them a list, and they had to approve.  It would have been inappropriate for him to do one of his own songs, in my opinion.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/25/2013, 9:23 pm

I have not watched that video, and probably won't.

Even though not being a fan of someone, it makes me sad when seeing them failing.

Whatever happens with his career it is his choice.

I have seen some complaints from a few of his concerts, that once again he has forgotten the words, or he is off key.

And Amber was at the Hollywood Bowl last year. They should have used her again.

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  kac 6/25/2013, 11:18 pm

I don't get joy when someone does poorly or has bad things happen to them, but I don't care about Darren, so I don't really care one way or another. He is overexposed and he and his people should realize this. It frustrates me to see him get more screen time and songs above someone like Chris. Chris is the only thing (well, Naya and Lea and Cory somewhat) keeping me watching Glee. I am so close to giving up on it.

I won't give up on watching out for Chris' projects though.
kac
kac
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/26/2013, 2:51 am

I usually don't like to watch people fail either nor am I a vindictive person who enjoys when someone I dislike isn't succeeding. But I must say with Darren, after I've been told for month by Fox, RIB, Darren himself and his PR team how talented he is and he always needs to be front and center on Glee, I cannot deny some schadenfreude. Furthermore truly talented actors (i.e. Chris and Kevin) constantly get pushed in the back to promote Darren. Darren wanted fame, attention and recognition. He got it. He just failed to assume that outside of the Glee-verse people may not like him and that he only has limited talent.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/26/2013, 7:48 am

^This.

fantastica wrote:poor thing, would our dear Marie kindly give this bald kid a vocal lesson? at least he should learn to stop sing any high notes. If this is done at America's Got Talent he would be buzzed down the the stage as soon as he gets to the chorus part.
And here I was being a good girl, sitting on my hands and biting my tongue, because I didn't want to put Darren down too much or point out his bad singing. :lol:As others have said also: I don't take pleasure in someone's bad performances or when making a fool of themselves.
But well, I guess the cat is out of the bag now. Yes, Darren's 'Hall of Fame' at the Hollywood Bowl was awful. :xHis voice is just not strong enough to sing good live, especially on songs that are not his, and you can clearly hear the fatigue and strain on his voice caused by his touring of the last month.

And since I'm at it anyway: have you heard his 'When You Wish Upon a Star' at the Inauguration Ball? Caution: strong possibility of ear bleed.

fantastica wrote:i agree he should sing his own song. plus this song is out of his range. he sounds very strained.
Darren usually sounds fine on his own songs, although lately he has written a few songs that are slightly out of his normal range, probably for commercial reasons.
It's when he starts improvising live, whether it's his own songs or covers, when he messes up, because you can just watch him spiral out of control when he tries to do a too high improvisation or a key change.

Darren should limit himself to recording singer/songwriter albums with his own songs, and making small tours in small venues, without too many distractions from the performance: then he'd do okay. But the Hollywood Bowl kind of stuff, including adding a big choir he has to shout over, is way out of his league.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/26/2013, 9:23 am

Wow, I just watched that When You Wish Upon A Star video, and it is pretty bad. It's like he didn't know if he was trying to sing it or speak it, or which key to sing it in.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/26/2013, 1:12 pm

darren is fine singing a song/cover that's written as is. when he starts to improvise that's when things get bad. most singers who improvise and do runs etc. have very good control of their voice. even if they do complicated runs they sound totally effortless. i have heard some no-name jazz/blue artists in cafes singing a lot better than he does. problem is he tries to sing that style but hasn't mastered or not able to do so vocally. so it's rather painful to listen to him. i am sure his die hard fans will listen to him grunt all day and still get their overies exploded, but us non-fans are not that forgiving.

i think his voice sounds good when singing low like a barritone. when he sings high he sounds like "shouting" or screaming I have asked Marie before about his "shouting" when "perfect" came out. this is especially jarring when chris sounds so "light" and effortless like he's floating in the air, while Darren sounds like he's is trying to grab a life-saving straw.

i think darren likes certain styles of singing, but his natural range and technical abilities point to another direction.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 6/26/2013, 1:44 pm

Honestly, i don't give a rat's ass about Darren. What he does outside Glee, what he stars in, what he sings, his tour: I don't care, and if he is succesful in it, good for him. I don't wish him to fail, or rejoice if he does, the one I care about is Chris, whatever Darren does doesn't matter, it's really Blaine's treatment over Kurt's that pisses me off.

So you know, I thought you were exagerating how bad he was in the video (no offense, but some here really don't like him) and gave him the benefit of the doubt but... This was truly, really, deeply awful, worse than the live Teenage Dream and God knows how I hated the second part of his performance (looking like he had gas pains, no control of the intensity increase of the song which completely screwed the momentum and then the impact of the song...) he should stick to his indie stuff which without being good are still better than the crap a la Gangnam style or Carly Rae jepsen they display on the radio.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/26/2013, 2:29 pm

I really just want it to reach a point where I can forget that Darren exists, but it's hard to do that when he's on a show that I will continue to watch as long as Chris is involved.

I don't enjoy Darren at all. I used to back in season two, but the overexposure, his behavior, and his stans behavior killed that for me. I have no interest in where his career goes, and won't be following it after he is no longer on Glee.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  kac 6/26/2013, 3:53 pm

This^, I agree with every word you said, that is exactly how I feel.
kac
kac
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/26/2013, 7:12 pm

^ meow too
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/27/2013, 12:58 am

I just got banned from the GF again. Rolling Eyes

Why do they come here to spy then report me when all I was doing was telling the truth?

If anyone of you spies are reading this, enjoy your power trip while it lasts, once Glee is gone you can't ban anyone from that forum as it won't exist.

I did not say anything on that forum to cause a banning. I rarely post.

This is so pathetic it is laughable.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next