Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

+32
CloveGlee
Molly2
Georgette888
Stephanieeee
kac
TimF
Divalicious
opals
bayth
glimmerle
tanita_mors
arina
MissSoniaPP
coxfire
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Vir Cotto
angelnessa
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
sheny
sjonnepon
ColferInspired
AnneNeville
Jellyrolls
fantastica
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Buenos
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
36 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 10 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  fantastica 6/17/2013, 5:03 pm

as long as he doesn't get paid MORE than the top paying kids. the highest paid will always be Jane. then Matt. zzz

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 10 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  valkeakuulas 6/17/2013, 5:23 pm

This is what is making me angry about Glee especially. Limit the cast to NY, cut all the extra weight, pay the talented ones more. I know if, let say both Lea and Chris get paid 100k per episode (which in itself is huge considering normal wages) I have no doubt Darren will be paid the same if they continue using him the same amount as last season. He probably has the most on-screen minutes out of all of them, so that way it is actually quite fair.

I've always assumed Chris makes as much as Lea does, so last season lea was reported getting 75k per ep, so there must have been a rise this year hopefully.

Sidenote: Does Darren bring as much as Lea and Chris to the show itself: IMO a big NO
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 6/17/2013, 5:31 pm

AnneNeville wrote:I am curious--what evidence has been coming out about Darren's tour not being very successful? Are there any articles? Evidence? Bad reviews? I haven't noticed.
I guess the slow ticket-sales of his supposedly sold-out tour speak for itself? Right now on StubHub alone there are still 350 tickets left for his concert next week in Huntington and 388 tickets for the one in Boston. Then, hours before the shows, Darren will tweet something like '100 tix avail at box office now' or 'More tix for Minneapolis are now available for tonight's show at the Varisty Theater'. That's not my definition of 'sold out' tbh. And those venues aren't that big to begin with. Seems like his team's marketing strategy of artificially creating a ticket-shortage didn't pay off.
I haven't heard anything about reviews, neither from his fans nor haters, so I'd suppose there are no relevant ones. 'I haven't noticed.' seems to be quite spot on in regards to his tour for anyone outside of the fandom.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 6/17/2013, 5:36 pm

This is what is making me angry about Glee especially. Limit the cast to NY, cut all the extra weight, pay the talented ones more. I know if, let say both Lea and Chris get paid 100k per episode (which in itself is huge considering normal wages) I have no doubt Darren will be paid the same if they continue using him the same amount as last season. He probably has the most on-screen minutes out of all of them, so that way it is actually quite fair.

I've always assumed Chris makes as much as Lea does, so last season lea was reported getting 75k per ep, so there must have been a rise this year hopefully.

Sidenote: Does Darren bring as much as Lea and Chris to the show itself: IMO a big NO

A

Artistically, definitely not, but considering how much he sang and how overused he was last year, I could understand a raise for him, usually, the more you work, the more you are paid, and we can't deny he was hugely sollicited last year, and we all bitched about it.

Now, honestly, I don't really care who is paid what (Chris does in 1 ep what I do in 2 years, ha!!). I'd rather have either Chris more on my screen or, if he's paid but doesn't act much, have him use it to finance his next movie. Actually, considering how bad Glee's writing is, that would be the best solution: pay Chris boatloads per episode without him in it, so he can perfect his script and save up to produce his next movie. Then I wouldn't have to watch Glee and its inane plots and "blaind" characters plus I'll have a Colfer-made movie => We would come off laaaaargely better
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/17/2013, 5:53 pm

I also read about the raise of wage for Darren and I am not surprised. It was only a matter of time actually. I don't even think it is unfair, as Darren has the most screen time and therefore works the most. However we can always discuss if he deserves the screen time in the first place fanny2. I also don't believe they will limit his exposure in S5. They will only continue and be surprised that people actually hate him but still ignore those fans. 

There are a few reports on tumblr how Darren "touched" his female friends and made some very rude comments. The fans were happy and not offended but if by any chance those are true, Darren is officially a disgusting pig. No, this is not my distaste talking, but me being a woman with self-respect.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 6/17/2013, 5:58 pm

coxfire wrote:(...)  the more you work, the more you are paid, (...)
For actors and actresses on shows/movies I think it's more accurate to say 'the wider the audience you attract, the more you get paid'. The problem is how to measure those numbers. Fandom activity on social media? Audience awards? Web-traffic on entertainment-sites? Talkshow-invitations? Whatever it is, considering Chris' and Lea's extensive use in advertising for the show I think tptb are aware of who their biggest crowd pullers are.

I‘m wondering how a random person on tumblr would know details about Darren's salary.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/17/2013, 6:14 pm

After I saw some tumblr posts about it I went looking for it in more trustworthy places, and I have found nothing of a pay raise for Darren.
So where did this information come from if it was not mentioned in e.g. an article or interview? I don't think we even know Chris and Lea's exact payments per episode, so how can the people posting about it know Darren's equals their's now?
At the moment I treat this as gossip and nothing more.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 6/18/2013, 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo!!!)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/17/2013, 6:23 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I also read about the raise of wage for Darren and I am not surprised. It was only a matter of time actually. I don't even think it is unfair, as Darren has the most screen time and therefore works the most. However we can always discuss if he deserves the screen time in the first place fanny2. I also don't believe they will limit his exposure in S5. They will only continue and be surprised that people actually hate him but still ignore those fans. 

There are a few reports on tumblr how Darren "touched" his female friends and made some very rude comments. The fans were happy and not offended but if by any chance those are true, Darren is officially a disgusting pig. No, this is not my distaste talking, but me being a woman with self-respect.

I've thought this for awhile. Apparently he called one of the paps at Upfronts that word. I'm sure you know the one I'm talking about. And his fans are the same ones who despise  Will for being 'misogynistic and transphobic'. And they think Darren would be the better match?nowee  tronco
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/18/2013, 4:32 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:I also read about the raise of wage for Darren and I am not surprised. It was only a matter of time actually. I don't even think it is unfair, as Darren has the most screen time and therefore works the most. However we can always discuss if he deserves the screen time in the first place fanny2. I also don't believe they will limit his exposure in S5. They will only continue and be surprised that people actually hate him but still ignore those fans. 

I've thought this for awhile. Apparently he called one of the paps at Upfronts that word. I'm sure you know the one I'm talking about. And his fans are the same ones who despise  Will for being 'misogynistic and transphobic'. And they think Darren would be the better match?nowee  tronco

Yes, I know what you are talking about. Some fan encounters are simply put disgusting. It absolutely shocks me, how much support and encouragement such behavior receives. Imagine Chris pulling the same shit...Evil or Very Mad
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/18/2013, 4:47 am

Until we get hard figures I would doubt any heresay about Actor X equaling or surpassing Actor Z as far as salary.

If it was just based on screen time  Chord, Melissa and Jake would be among the highest paid actors on Glee per screen time.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 6/18/2013, 4:56 am

Lottie2303 wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

Yes, I know what you are talking about. Some fan encounters are simply put disgusting. It absolutely shocks me, how much support and encouragement such behavior receives. Imagine Chris pulling the same shit...Evil or Very Mad

Are you talking about the girl who put Darren's hands on her boobs or there are other inappropriate enconters after that one?

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 6/18/2013, 5:02 am

I feel weird and I know I seem like Darren's fangirl when I often advocate him in here. But the truth is even though I personally admit I find Darren likeable and very fans friendly person, I don't consider myself being fan of his (well I liked the Potters musical, much much hate Blaine, find his voice absolutely uninteresting and have no interest in his music) I just don't want him to be criticzed for something that he maybe didn't do, that did not happen or was taken out of context etc because I hate when people do it to Chris too. For example I heard the tour is very succesful, I even saw some pictures and the room was full but some crisscolfers who are angry at him because of Mia apparently started spreading the rumors it's not succesful (at least that is what I heard). And I read some of the stories about meeting Darren (some of those inappropriate) were made up so it also should be taken with grain of salt...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 6/18/2013, 5:13 am

You are right Arina, not all stories should be trusted. I'm sure there are fans who are exaggerating or even making stuff up just to make their friends and the other DC fangirls jealous.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/18/2013, 5:32 am

That why I said "by any chance true" as it may be an untrue story. I case anyone created those stories, I harshly judge it, because sexual assault should never be invented to damage any person. But in case they are true, I also really judge Darren and lose all respect. We cannot prove what really happened, but we cannot prove either it didn't happen. So I remain cautious. In case anyone has further information, I am happy to receive and think about it.

I hope Darren all the best for the concert tour, but I also judge his marketing trick with the tickets. I am sorry, but by promoting a sold out tour and then desperately trying to get rid of the tickets, because it actually didn’t sell out, doesn’t sit well with me. I am also mad how Klaine/CC-shipper start a shitstorm because someone dared to give a rose to Will, while in the past it was coming to give gifts for Darren. That isn’t necessarily Darren’s fault but he never bothered to fight against the CC nonsense. So, yes I also partly blame him. All those parts combined and they just happened recently, I really start to dislike Darren. I don’t wish him anything bad and even success at the tour, as I believe his music is commercial and can be successful, but I don’t like him as a person and how he represents himself anymore.

I just want him far away from Chris. Because of Glee that won’t happen for a long time. Yes, I am bitter.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 6/18/2013, 6:06 am

I personally didn't even read those stories, just that some of them were fake but I have no idea what was in them. But in Glee fandom I don't think I can be surprised by anything anymore...

And Crisscolfers shippers - they are really funny, they have double standards fo everything... being often seen together, spending vacation together, holding hands - this does not prove anything, Chris took pictures with frog - CC is so on!
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/18/2013, 6:40 am

I don't know how much of the fan encounters with Darren are true, or how many of them are exaggerated, but I will say that I think many of the pictures that I have seen are more intimate than a fan/celebrity encounter should be in my opinion. I have seen many pictures of Darren holding the fans in tight embraces. There is one of him holding his leg up against a fan. I have seen pictures of him giving fans pecks on the cheek and the one of a fan kissing him. There is also one of him down on one knee holding a fan's hand (like he is proposing).

Darren is really playing into the fan's fantasies with this type of behavior, and hopefully it doesn't lead to him winding up with Stalkers. We know a lot of fans in this fandom have a screwy vision of reality, and this type of stuff just encourages it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/18/2013, 2:11 pm

Everyone in life has different personalities, so I think we are drawn to people with certain traits.  I love Chris' wit and sarcasm, and his intelligence and common sense that shines though in interviews.

That others value other things more is fine, but what I like about Chris seems to be reinforced the more I read/see his interviews.   I think the best thing a public person can do is live their life in a way that inspires/moves and is a positive example for others, without consciously striving to be a "role model" or living up the expectations of others.  It's OK for someone to stumble and make mistake or have different opinions.

The Klainers and CrissCofler (at least a part of them) despise Chris because his attitude is " I have my opinions and here they are".  He's appreciative of Glee, he seems to love his work, (and respect his co stars)  but Chris never caters to the unrealistic expectations of delusional idiots who claim to be fans but are just projecting their own fantasies unfairly on to him.  I love that about him, that in his own subtle (and not subtle way) he's telling them "STFU with your crazy notions, I'm NOT playing that game."

He seems to take his craft serious (acting) and he continues to improve which I admire tremendously.  Unlike so many, he doesn't just talk bullshit and platitudes  about the "art" of acting ad nauseum but shows us with his body of work how much he truly works on it and is intent of improving his skill with interesting and fresh line readings.  I never go into a scene with Kurt knowing exactly how he will react and it's a tribute to Chris that he keeps his scenes exciting, maintaining interest on his character.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 6/18/2013, 2:43 pm

arina wrote:I feel weird and I know I seem like Darren's fangirl when I often advocate him in here. But the truth is even though I personally admit I find Darren likeable and very fans friendly person, I don't consider myself being fan of his (well I liked the Potters musical, much much hate Blaine, find his voice absolutely uninteresting and have no interest in his music) I just don't want him to be criticzed for something that he maybe didn't do, that did not happen or was taken out of context etc because I hate when people do it to Chris too. For example I heard the tour is very succesful, I even saw some pictures and the room was full but some crisscolfers who are angry at him because of Mia apparently started spreading the rumors it's not succesful (at least that is what I heard). And I read some of the stories about meeting Darren (some of those inappropriate) were made up so it also should be taken with grain of salt...

Good point. I've wondered if some of the fan encounters with Chris have been true or embellished, too. You never know online.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/18/2013, 3:51 pm

Great post, Buenos. rooots

Before I start to snark and bark, first I'll say something in the defense of Darren. The whole sexual assault accusation is false. The girl who's boobs he touched wanted it herself. She wanted him to take her in an embrace crossing her boobs, and she liked it. Here's the picture:
pic:

Of course, Darren let it happen and he even talked to her about her (sizeable) boobs, so he's no innocent there. But that's more a matter of personal class, or better the lack thereof, but in no way was this sexual assault. That word gets thrown out there too casually, imo.

However (and here comes the snark and bark part), I also have seen several pictures of Darren with fans that I think are tacky and crossing personal boundaries. Karen already named some of them, and I looked a few up:

pics:

There's also the one in which he 'proposes' on his knees to a fan, and another one in which 4 (female) fans are lifting him up, carrying him like a plank. The last pic I posted I especially  find tasteless, but his fans seem to like it, so..... that's why they are Darren Criss fans and I am a Chris Colfer fan.

Chris mostly keeps a physical distance between him and his fans, although he doesn't mind getting closer when he allows them to take a picture with them. And on the rare occassion he gives a hug to a fan they know how special that is.
But although Chris keeps the physical interaction to mere hand shakes and fist bumps, he always makes genuine contact with his fans by looking them directly in the eyes and showing true interest in them in the few seconds they get to interact with him: giving each one of them his complete attention for a moment. All the reports of the signings in Paris and Kent mention that, and some of the lucky ones on this board who have met him can confirm this.

Personally I prefer this more reserved demeanour of Chris over the more physical contact that Darren allows and even engages in and initiates himself with his fans. But again: to each its own, and his fans seem to love that about him, while some of them find Chris' more distant attitude off-putting.
However, with his loose behaviour when meeting fans Darren can get himself into trouble fast. This time the 'sexual assault' rumor could be debunked very quickly, because the girl herself gave a full report on what happened, but a next time Darren might not be so lucky. With his free style of touching and even kissing fans (or allowing them to kiss him) he raises expectations and entitlement among some of his fans. There already was this incident of a male fan kissing his cheek and then licking his face. Not that I condone such behaviour, but I can understand that a fan could think it was allowed under the circumstances, especially since Darren has displayed some of the same inappropiate behaviour before (e.g. in an interview).
And the big danger lies in either going too far himself one day (misreading the 'inviting' signs of a fan), or someday he doesn't live up to some of his fans' ideas of an encounter and they might lash back at him by making up some sexual assault story to spite him for not wanting to go further. This might bite him in the butt in a mean way if he's not more careful.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/18/2013, 4:20 pm

^Marie, you may be right about that but there have been other reports about Darren rubbing the thighs of his fans in a sensual manner and one of these reports was a married woman. Now, she didnt seem to mind it, but the undertones to her post kind of creeped me out.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/18/2013, 4:25 pm

I'm hoping for Season 5 we get focus back to Kurt having storylines about him and his career.

The reason I'm a bit hopeful is that the show has been strangely mute promoting the newbies or even mentioning anything about McKinley in the Upfronts, whereas FOX President  Reilly went out of his way to say New York was going to be taken to the next level.

That someone as popular as Chris Colfer is not front and center on Glee was an aberration in Season 4 that many in the media(including critics) noticed, so maybe , just maybe , Ryan Murphy can pull his nose out of his own ass and create storylines and focus on one of his most marketable stars.

It's mind boggling how stupid RIB has been, coasting along on the GA's good will and connection with  Kurt so they can "afford" not to give him storylines while the mind numbing fuckingly boring Marley, Jake and Ryder got so much screen attention.  Not to mention Chord (WTF?).
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/18/2013, 5:14 pm

^I hope you're right, but I dare not hope when it comes to Glee. They were extremely stupid in season 4 (and frankly have been gradually sidelining Kurt in favor of Blaine since Dalton, especially when it comes to singing), and I don't expect them to suddenly become smart and good again.
The studio might put pressure on the writers and they may obey at first, but I fear a change of course will be shortlived and twisted in a way that suits RIB more than the network. saispa

ColdFlame96 wrote:^Marie, you may be right about that but there have been other reports about Darren rubbing the thighs of his fans in a sensual manner and one of these reports was a married woman. Now, she didnt seem to mind it, but the undertones to her post kind of creeped me out.
And this is exactly what worries me. With his loose behaviour of Darren towards his fans it's hard to know what happens exactly in those fan encounters. Did Darren go too far, or did the fan not mind the physical contact? Did Darren misread the signs the fan was sending and thought it was allowed, or did the fan exagerate in her report of the encounter and it never was a sexual charged caress, or did she even encouraged it?
It even could have been all of the above, depending on the people involved's POV.

I've read some fan reports that I can hardly believe are true: of Darren dancing intimately with female fans, kissing them (on the cheek) repeatedly, flirting with them in a fargoing way.
Point is that with the pictures and other fan encounters that are confirmed as true these stories (like the thighs rubbing one) could be easily true too, or completely made up (or heavily romantically exagerated). There's no knowing what's true anymore, and if one of those fans adds improper touching against their will to their story, people will be inclined to believe it and Darren will not be able to defend himself. Or even worse: it really could be true.
Either way: it's giving Darren a doubtful reputation and more rumors like these will hurt Darren's career in the long run. Not even talking how his flirting behaviour reflects on his relationship with Mia. Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/18/2013, 7:09 pm

I don't give a rat's  ass how much Darren interacts with his fans, if he wants to grope them and they love it more power to them.Rolling Eyes

The only thing that annoys me are these idiot fans claiming it shows he has a special unique connection with fans that other artists don't  have which is delusional bullshit.  An artist has the obligation to do the best professional  job possible in his craft , that is the best way to show "love" for the fans.  Poor dramatic acting choices, (even after 3 years under his belt on Glee) bad live singing, forgotten lyrics to songs, etc makes me wonder how much love he genuinely has for his craft and his fans, as opposed to trying to skirt his way through things with a wink and a smile.

The singing career from Glee I'm curious about is Amber, since I think she has an exceptional voice.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/18/2013, 7:46 pm

Thanks for posting those pictures, Marie. That's exactly what I'm talking about. Though the fans are loving the intimacy of their interactions with Darren, these pictures are far beyond what is appropriate celebrity/fan interaction. It's one thing for a celebrity to wrap an arm around someone when posing for a picture, or even giving a friendly hug, but these embraces, and positioning himself in a way where his private areas could be rubbing against someone (as it looks like in that last picture Marie posted), or holding someone in an embrace like you would hold your lover is innappropriate celebrity/fan interaction, and feeds into the delusions the fans have about him, and as I said before, could potentially lead to a very dangerous situation for him in the future.

I have met dozens of celebrities over the years, and I would never ask a celebrity to pose with me in the way that Darren has posed with these women. If a celebrity held me in an embrace like the ones above, I would be very uncomfortable with a that (even if it was someone who I really love).

But I think the thing with Darren is he needs the fans more than a lot of other celebrities. He needs them to thing he's the greatest thing on earth, and he needs them to love them because he doesn't have the talent to stand out in Hollywood. He needs to keep his fanbase happy so that they won't forget about him. There are a lot of actors out there who are a lot more talented than him, and there are a lot of muscians out there who are much better singers and songwriters. Right now, what Darren has going for him is a small but loud fanbase. He needs to please them, and that's what that type of behavior does for them.

I'm glad that we love a guy who has integrity, and is genuine, honest, and respectful in his interactions with fans.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/18/2013, 8:08 pm

those fans wants to get into DC's pants. so these poses are a mild way to satisfy their cravings.

jelly: we are too old for that. Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next