Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 6

+31
Piciollina
samanthamumba
opals
kac
sjonnepon
Adamina
MissSoniaPP
dap1217
ChrisColferFan1
glimmerle
ladydianab
AnneNeville
bayth
Buenos
coxfire
Jellyrolls
sheny
arina
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
Ireth
Delight
Ranwing
tanita_mors
Georgette888
fantastica
brisallie
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
ColferInspired
ColdFlame96
35 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 6 - Page 8 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 6

Post  ColferInspired 6/1/2013, 11:24 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_mnpw5qx8Zu1qdueg5o1_500

Comment on the Chris Colfer page on Facebook.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 6 - Page 8 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 6

Post  bayth 6/1/2013, 3:03 pm

I didn't know where else to post this, but it's important for us to support this cause. There are apps available to "teach you how to not be gay". Here is the site to sign your name in protest to get it removed from Google apps.. It has already been removed from iTunes. Thank you for your support in this matter.

ETA I misnamed the app. It actually says it CURES you of being gay in 60 days!

Last edited by bayth on 6/1/2013, 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/1/2013, 3:09 pm

if you are already gay, the only way not to be gay is to grow back into your mother's womb and tell god to try a second time. hope those stupid apps get removed. it does nothing but screwing up people.

fort myers has very nice beaches. i doubt chris goes there just to visit the beaches as there are plenty of beautiful beaches on the west coast. i wish i was there. my ex has a house there and he always invited me to stay there if i wanted to. i am not a beach person so I never cared. now i wish i happen to be there too. oh well, i have seen him in person once. can't be too greedy. tonguue
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/1/2013, 4:32 pm

What a disgusting app! :angry: Evil or Very Mad I cannot believe that some people buy into this crap.

As for Chris...poor guy. I remember him saying that he hates being treated like a photo opportunity. Being mobbed must be a scary thing. But wow...he's even being mobbed in places like Florida. Goes to show you what a star he is.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/1/2013, 4:42 pm

Darn it! I wished he could have had some time without any "sightings" by overly eager fans. I guess being easily recognized is his downfall even in a small city. I truly wish he'll get to enjoy the rest of his stay without hassle.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 6/1/2013, 4:54 pm

He was in a gay bar as one of the only out young stars there are. He was going to get attention. And it sounds like he was ok with that. It is just a shame that a few went too far and started taking photos. The FB posting guy seems lovely though. He made me well up because Chris IS a big thing to msny real gay guys out of fandom. I know that for sure.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/1/2013, 5:01 pm

I wonder if Will was with him at the bar?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 6/1/2013, 5:14 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I wonder if Will was with him at the bar?

He was said to be with a group. I can't imagine he wasn't one of them. Laughing
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/1/2013, 5:19 pm

A big group? I thought it was just him and Will.

A big group as in a crew of people. In Florida, which is the south. Hmmmm.....

What if he's filming his new movie?! Oh, probably not (wrong season)....but it's nice to dream. Smile

Will also works on film, both behind the scenes and in front of the camera (he was even in "Flight")...what if Will helped him out with his next project? Will hails from Florida...what if he can convince Chris that, to the get southern look for his next film, he doesn't need Louisiana...it can feel just as authentic in the swamps of Florida?! Having a boyfriend from FL can kill two birds with one stone...not only is Chris probably meeting the parents, but maybe his restless, creative mind is scouting locations for his next film in the meantime. Sorry, I get really excited about film news and the creative process!

Now, if only it was the winter/fall for that ugly, barren look. Of course, Chris can always change his mind about that too...the creation process is not always so concrete. But still, he might find the summer look still too...alive...for his film.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 6/1/2013, 5:43 pm

Um, yeah, I think that is unlikely. lol 1) I assume they met up with old friends from his 'home town' / college days and 2) Not only does Will have a job but I can't see Chris mixing business and his private life. Total spec but I expect this is just a meet the family and friends trip.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/1/2013, 5:55 pm

You're probably right...but it's fun to dream!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 6/1/2013, 6:38 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:Darn it! I wished he could have had some time without any "sightings" by overly eager fans. I guess being easily recognized is his downfall even in a small city. I truly wish he'll get to enjoy the rest of his stay without hassle.

I think that going to a gay bar, even in a small city, raised the chance of him being recognized and approached quite a bit. :-\

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/1/2013, 6:56 pm

Maybe Chris feels more comfortable in a gay bar environment than in a straight bar? He didn't even tell anyone where he was going, and it was up to the dedicated Tumblr dwellers to find out where he was going. He never told anyone he went to FL.

I honestly think he was just looking for a quiet night out with some friends....not for attention.

Isn't there a Disneyland in FL? Who wants to bet he'll go there next? Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/1/2013, 7:15 pm

^DisneyWorld is in Orlando, a 3-4 hours drive away from Fort Meyers.
And yeah, I expect him to show up there in the next few days (although my bet is on The Wizarding World of Harry Potter). fanny2

Maybe Chris simply went to that gay bar because it's the old bar Will and his friends used to hang out when he still lived at home? And as already said: if it weren't for those tweets of people seeing him on the plane and in the airports noone would even know Chris was there in the first place.
Of course more people would recognize him in a gay bar than a straight bar, but if all of them had behaved like decent people and had respected his wish to not be photographed (probably because he wants to keep a low profile while there, and pics posted on internet would ruin that) that gay bar visit would have worked out just fine. It seems he was quite okay with people approaching him at first, and people were friendly, but a few ruined it for everyone, as usual. :(
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/1/2013, 8:30 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^DisneyWorld is in Orlando, a 3-4 hours drive away from Fort Meyers.
And yeah, I expect him to show up there in the next few days (although my bet is on The Wizarding World of Harry Potter). fanny2

Maybe Chris simply went to that gay bar because it's the old bar Will and his friends used to hang out when he still lived at home? And as already said: if it weren't for those tweets of people seeing him on the plane and in the airports noone would even know Chris was there in the first place.
Of course more people would recognize him in a gay bar than a straight bar, but if all of them had behaved like decent people and had respected his wish to not be photographed (probably because he wants to keep a low profile while there, and pics posted on internet would ruin that) that gay bar visit would have worked out just fine. It seems he was quite okay with people approaching him at first, and people were friendly, but a few ruined it for everyone, as usual. :(

It's sad that you know more about Disneyland/Disneyworld and their locations than I do! Wink Personally, I'd rather go to Universal Studios! But I have to admit, Cinderella's Castle is breathtaking...I'd love to go inside someday! What is the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? Is it a Harry Potter themed amusement park? Chris would LOVE that! Wink

If it was a gay bar in LA or NYC, I'd be more inclined to say that Chris would be looking for attention. But FL? I have a feeling he was looking to get away from it all this time around. As you said, he was fine with people approaching him...but the pictures were the deal breaker. He probably felt like a zoo animal.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 6/1/2013, 9:38 pm

If he is recognized in a bar I can only imagine going to Disneyworld!! That would be nightmarish. He should come Kansas I bet he could go unnoticed in my town. Well, except for me, of course.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/1/2013, 9:56 pm

ladydianab wrote:If he is recognized in a bar I can only imagine going to Disneyworld!! That would be nightmarish. He should come Kansas I bet he could go unnoticed in my town. Well, except for me, of course.

Yeah, same here. I mean, there are a few Glee fans, but they don't really know him outside of Kurt, and I'm sure if he put on a hat and sunglasses like he usually does, they wouldn't recognize him. Plus, he should get to know his Canadian fans. Wink
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 6/1/2013, 10:03 pm

That's right! Were there any book signings in Canada or Glee events? He should definitely visit Canada.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/1/2013, 10:31 pm

i am sure chris didn't go to florida so he can attend a gay bar where few people would notice him. Razz glad to see he had some fun.

maybe he changed his movie script in terms of location. maybe that "group" are his people involved in the new movie (potential producers/director/manager, etc). maybe he's going to various places to check locations.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/1/2013, 10:43 pm

fantastica wrote:i am sure chris didn't go to florida so he can attend a gay bar where few people would notice him. Razz glad to see he had some fun.

maybe he changed his movie script in terms of location. maybe that "group" are his people involved in the new movie (potential producers/director/manager, etc). maybe he's going to various places to check locations.

See, that's what I'm thinking (hoping)!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/1/2013, 11:04 pm

fantastica wrote:i am sure chris didn't go to florida so he can attend a gay bar where few people would notice him. Razz glad to see he had some fun.

I hope you are right. Smile

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/2/2013, 6:11 am

I made comment a few days ago that I don't necessarily feel sorry when celebrities get notices, people tweet about it and when they go to paparazzi filled areas, to get photographed. I stand by that. But of course I don't condemn it, when in this case Chris get ambushed.

I somehow even get the reaction of the people in Ft. Myers. They are not used having celebrities around. Heck, they are not used to ever see a celebrity. One person probably started talking to him and the rest followed. Having Chris in a small town club must have the event of the decade.

Maybe it needed to happen, as harsh as it may sound. The evening received a lot of attention and those involved in the 'attack' most likely realized their mistake. I hope if they have the chance they may apologize or at least understand their mistake.

I hope Chris has more carefree days in Florida without pictures or stories like this again. I hope he has a great time with Will, his family and his friends. I hope we won't get anymore stories and the rest of the stay remains private.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/2/2013, 8:08 am

ladydianab wrote:If he is recognized in a bar I can only imagine going to Disneyworld!! That would be nightmarish. He should come Kansas I bet he could go unnoticed in my town. Well, except for me, of course.

At Disney world and universal studios, he would likely have a guide who would take him around and whisk him onto rides through a back door. They also have tunnels and backstage areas they could take him through to avoid the crowds.

I saw Seal and his family at Disneyland once. I ran into him several times suing the day, and he was well recognized by ther park guests as well. It was funny watching people see him and say "that's seal." I have to say that I was very impressed that people left him alone. I did very discreetly take a picture of him from a distance just to put in my scrapbook, but I would never disturb his private time with his family.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 6/2/2013, 9:15 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 6 - Page 8 Tumblr_mnrl0br4iA1qe476yo1_1280
What a lucky girl I am! Matt Miller and Chris Colfer came to visit Gatorama today!

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/2/2013, 9:41 am

Yay, 'proof' that Chris is in Florida! Rolling Eyes
And a willingly taken pic with fans instead of a sneaky blurred snapshot too.

Can some people now please put all the rumors of Chris being undercover and backstage at Darren's concerts (and 'PR' paying random people money for tweeting they saw Chris on the plane to Florida) to rest? moque

So he surfaced after all. And looking good. That shirt, lol. Smile

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next