Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13

+32
CloveGlee
Vir Cotto
Piciollina
Catt24
tanita_mors
MissSoniaPP
ColferGirl
coxfire
Lottie2303
Buenos
glimmerle
Delight
MoviesAreLife
ColdFlame96
Divalicious
Adamina
Jellyrolls
fantastica
SippyCupofLuv
arina
ColferInspired
bayth
brisallie
sheny
ChrisColferFan1
valkeakuulas
AnneNeville
opals
Ireth
TimF
Ranwing
Glorfindel
36 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13 - Page 12 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13

Post  Glorfindel 5/31/2013, 5:55 pm

If Chris will record a cd I think it mostly will be Broadway songs, but with a twist, just like his 'Sweeney Todd' adaptation. Razz
Either that or an album with songs that resemble the work of his favorite pop artists, like the Scissor Sisters and lady Gaga. Rolling Eyes

The advantage Chris has over most of his fellow cast mates is that noone is even thinking he has a shot of becoming a big selling recording artist succes.
Not that most Glee fans think he can't sing (because he is being acknowledged as one of the better ones of the cast by many), but because they think he's limited in song style (due to Glee's song distribution policy) and/or, as some of you have already said, he doesn't see himself as a singer.
Amber, Naya, Lea, Kevin, Darren, Matt, Mark and Chord have all expressed their wish to be a recording artist, and they (and the Gleeks) see them as singers more than actors.
If Chris records an album everyone will know he will mostly do it to please his fans, and not because he feels the need to profile himself as a singer. His possible album would be seen as a gift, not as a litmus test to see if he has a legit claim at being a recording artist, to prove that he can sell songs as a singer. Not to say that expectations for his songs wouldn't be high, just not as judgementally high strung as for the proclaimed primary singers of the cast, like Naya, Lea, Amber and Darren.

This gives Chris some freedom to do what he wants with the songs (choices) he records. If sales and numbers (to 'measure' his popularity as a singer) are not that important to him and his team, and the recording studio that is willing to take that risk (since Chris has enough fans to ensure a comfortable minimum number of sales) will see this for the opportunity it would be, Chris could sing more risky or unexpected songs, e.g. like his unusual 'I Have Nothing', alongside more safely aimed songs (like another Beatles song or a Broadway classic).
Chris is less tied down and limited than the other cast members when it comes to his possible record, because noone knows really what to expect as his voice is so unusual and hard to pin down, and noone really expects something iTunes sales breaking revolutionary from a guy who never was set up/launched to be a recording artist in the first place.

I like that idea, and 'knowing' Chris he would do something unexpected but creative, like suggesting writing a children's fairytale book when offered writing a biography. He just might surprise us, if an album ever happens. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13 - Page 12 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/31/2013, 9:48 pm

I personally love Chris' voice and I think he is one of the more technically gifted singers out of the Glee bunch, not to mention how unique and special his voice is. But he's said time and time again that a music career is not something he's interested in, and I wouldn't want him to force himself to do anything to please his fans. Let the man focus on what he really cares about: film, theatre, books, TV and screenplays.

I think the closest thing we'll ever get to a Chris Colfer CD is the soundtrack to a future Broadway production.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/3/2013, 4:17 pm

I think Chris is a gifted singer and I actually think sooner or later he will do an album. I just don't think at the moment it's high on his "to do" list.

The thing is he has a fanbase that is growing IMO, not contracting, and it's his variety of projects that intrigues me.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/3/2013, 5:37 pm

I do also believe that if Chris decides to record an album someday, it would be because of us, his fans. He had said several times that isn't one of his priorities, and one of the reasons he pointed is he sees singing as part of his acting.That why, if I recall, he mentioned once in a radio interview his videos will be like mini films with lot of production and a story to tell. Actually that reminded me Michael Jackson's vids.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/3/2013, 5:50 pm

brisallie wrote:I do also believe that if Chris decides to record an album someday, it would be because of us, his fans. He had said several times that isn't one of his priorities, and one of the reasons he pointed is he sees singing as part of his acting.That why, if I recall, he mentioned once in a radio interview his videos will be like mini films with lot of production and a story to tell. Actually that reminded me Michael Jackson's vids.

Those are the best kind of music videos. I've always loved the ones where the singer is playing a character and the song is telling a story. I think Chris would do an amazing job with that because he's a storyteller and a performer. That's why I like the music from last decade. Most of the songs were personal and handwritten by the singer and that bled their heart and soul through it. Nowadays, the music videos consist of girls looking like hos and rolling around on the field while lip-singing to a computer about how much they like sex and alcohol.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/4/2013, 6:47 am

I actually hope he won’t release any album soon, as I predict 95% of the Glee cast will fail pursuing a music career. So far I actually only believe Darren may be successful and the music industry suits him much better than the acting industry. I don’t really believe Lea will be that successful either. Her pop voice isn’t her strong suit (still very good, but nothing compared to her BW songs), so I just don’t see a career in the long run. It is also mystifying how long Amber, Naya and Co work on their albums but they never get released. I predict FOX may hold some strings and play favorite.

However, in case Chris ever decides to release music, you just know it will be special. It won’t be the average album or maybe not even suited for the average listener. I actually see him redefining the music industry. Chris tends to take risks, has good instincts and usually gets rewarded. I kind of dig the idea that Chris as the unpredicted and underestimated party once again succeeds against all odds.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/4/2013, 11:08 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:
brisallie wrote:I do also believe that if Chris decides to record an album someday, it would be because of us, his fans. He had said several times that isn't one of his priorities, and one of the reasons he pointed is he sees singing as part of his acting.That why, if I recall, he mentioned once in a radio interview his videos will be like mini films with lot of production and a story to tell. Actually that reminded me Michael Jackson's vids.

Those are the best kind of music videos. I've always loved the ones where the singer is playing a character and the song is telling a story. I think Chris would do an amazing job with that because he's a storyteller and a performer. That's why I like the music from last decade. Most of the songs were personal and handwritten by the singer and that bled their heart and soul through it. Nowadays, the music videos consist of girls looking like hos and rolling around on the field while lip-singing to a computer about how much they like sex and alcohol.

Yes, that's right! Michael Jackson was a cinema fan, and he wanted to make his music videos like short films...the best kind, for sure. I wonder why more music artists don't follow his lead and create a character and a narrative. I'm sick of random shots of skin here and there...you call THAT a music video? dryy

So, yes, if Chris were to make music, short films would have to be his music videos. He is a storyteller.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 6/4/2013, 4:34 pm

The more I listen to Chris' voice, the more I appreciate it. There is nothing cookie cutter about it, it is unique and rich, and I do wish they would give him more stuff to sing, because he can do angelic as well as devilish. It can be wonderfully smooth, or have a nice edge to it. To me, Lea's voice is always the same. Darren's as well, they just dress it up differently. Chris seems to want to act even when he is singing a song, and brings something with a little extra panache to it. Everyone is allowed to like what they like, it isn't like you choose to like something more than something else, it just is. I realize that Chris' voice isn't everyone's cup of tea, and that is okay, you can love Chris, and not exactly be enamored of his voice. He has so much to offer that if he didn't sing, I would be okay with a project. I do expect Kurt to sing, though, it is part of his character, and the way the show continues to relegate him to the background while puffing up people who are just so bloody SAME all the time drives me further and further away from liking the show. When Glee stopped being about diversity and uniqueness, it lost something big time, and Kurt is the poster child for uniqueness. Giving so much story to only okay actors doesn't help either.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/4/2013, 5:09 pm

I wonder if we will ever get Kurt singing Mika's 'Grace Kelly', like Ryan practically promised. dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/4/2013, 5:18 pm

^ yes, he will give it to blaine. dryy just like blaine gets a solo BGs and kurt only sang "more than a woman to me" as part of a chorus.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/4/2013, 6:06 pm

fantastica wrote:^ yes, he will give it to blaine. dryy just like blaine gets a solo BGs and kurt only sang "more than a woman to me" as part of a chorus.

That was so messed up.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/4/2013, 6:17 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
fantastica wrote:^ yes, he will give it to blaine. dryy just like blaine gets a solo BGs and kurt only sang "more than a woman to me" as part of a chorus.

That was so messed up.

Lets not forget the 'Michael' episode where they shoe-horned a useless Darren solo and made the plot contrived just so Naya would sing and not Chris. dryy
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/4/2013, 6:28 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

That was so messed up.

Lets not forget the 'Michael' episode where they shoe-horned a useless Darren solo and made the plot contrived just so Naya would sing and not Chris. dryy

I know!!! Could you imagine a Kurt/Sebastian showdown using "Smooth Criminal"?? And Chris was wonderful in "Black or White"...did the best MJ impression along with Kevin.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/4/2013, 6:41 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

That was so messed up.

I know!!! Could you imagine a Kurt/Sebastian showdown using "Smooth Criminal"?? And Chris was wonderful in "Black or White"...did the best MJ impression along with Kevin.

I've always thought Chris and Kevin were the 2 best male singers and they've been so horribly underused this season. It should be a crime to waste such talent. I didnt really like the cover of 'Smooth Criminal'. It always leave me really bitter for what could've been, and Nayas voice was completely wrong for Michael songs. Her voice is too smooth and doesn't have nearly enough of the edge needed. Grant may have a weak voice overall, but he had the articulation and edginess down perfectly.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/4/2013, 6:56 pm

Chris and Kevin are my favorite male Glee singers by far. I actually enjoyed "Smooth Criminal"...the intensity of Grant and Naya, the speed of the song, especially those cellos. I loved Naya on the song...to me, her voice has that edge and roughness, plus she aced the higher harmony of the song. Some of the other girls (Lea especially) didn't pull of MJ well at all. Lea is a beautiful singer, but her and MJ music just don't mix.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/17/2013, 9:39 am

Chris said this about season 5 at the 'This Morning' interview: “I start shooting in the end of July.”

Now maybe this only means that Kurt and the others on the NY side get a few cameo appearances in the first episodes of season 5, and Chris will have to be on set only sporadically at the end of July and the few months after, but at least it's something.
(As long as it has got nothing to do with that stupid Klaine engagement storyline, I'm fine.)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/17/2013, 10:04 am

Chris being in episode one is pretty much a given, considering the Klaine cliffhanger. 

Hopefully Chris will enjoy the next month before he has to go back to the set. And I hope and prayer that his scenes with he who shall not be named are minimal.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/17/2013, 10:09 am

knowing glee, they are likely to drop that stupid engagement crap when the season starts, or just make a passing remark and never to bring it up again.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/17/2013, 10:24 am

I expect 3 heavy Kurt episodes at the beginning to make the fans happy and then he disappears to be the gay-best friend again.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/17/2013, 10:27 am

Remind me if He-who-shall-not-be-named actually had the ring in his hand in the finale? It was in a box, right?

Maybe they'll pull Dallas and everything has been the nameless guys dream. Oh, wouldn't that be nice! We'd get to live all the fun again. I vote for a version of waking up from a dream, where everyone has aged at least three years and Kurt is just a free bird in NY. I don't even mind if Macbeth starts to woo him again from the beginning, as long as they don't erase his sordid past of cheating.

I don't know if I'm making any sense. I just ate tons of sugar and am in a sugar haze.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 6/17/2013, 10:38 am

I know they look older now but I don't care I would be the happiest if they returned to the beginning (or middle) of season 2, somewhere before "teenage dream" visited our screens for the first time and unfortunately stayed...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/17/2013, 10:44 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
fantastica wrote:^ yes, he will give it to blaine.  dryy  just like blaine gets a solo BGs and kurt only sang "more than a woman to me" as part of a chorus.

That was so messed up.

I still beleive that they had to limit Kurt's interaction with Sebastian because the chemistry between them was off the chart and they had to maintain the illusion that Blaine has so much raw magnitism that Sebastian couldn't help from being attracted to him. Each time Kurt and Sebastian were snipping at one another, I was expecting Sebastian to tackle Kurt and start making out with him on the floor of the Lima Bean. There was absolutely no chemistry between Blaine and Sebastian, but between Kurt and Sebastion? Whoo hoo! *fans self*

I can never find a reason to have Kurt sidelined so often in his own storylines. It never made any sense given how much they built up this rivalry between Kurt and Sebastian to have Kurt stuck singing background again when ND faced off against the Warblers in competition, or to have Santana taking the lead in dealing with Sebastian in Michael when she had absolutely no dog in that fight. Except that RM had this boner about promoting Darren (and to a slightly lesser degree Naya) and was willing to sacrifice the logic of the storyline in order to do so.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/17/2013, 11:24 am

^I also believe they left Kurt out of the Sebastian solution because they had crazy chemistry together, and Seblaine looked like watching grey paint dry in comparison.

fantastica wrote:knowing glee, they are likely to drop that stupid engagement crap when the season starts, or just make a passing remark and never to bring it up again.
And that would be a blessing in disguise.

Lottie2303 wrote:I expect 3 heavy Kurt episodes at the beginning to make the fans happy and then he disappears to be the gay-best friend again.
Yup, me too. But we all know that those Kurt heavy episodes will really be 2 Klaine heavy episodes with 95% Blaine and 5% Kurt looking pretty, and 1 episode of Kurt being Rachel's cheerleader again. dryy
And that is if we're lucky.
If we're really, really lucky we might get Kurt singing backup to Blaine and/or Rachel.
*no, not bitter at all* badday
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/17/2013, 11:31 am

i expect 1 medium kurt episode in the season's premiere and that's about it. i don't expect much from this silly show.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 6/17/2013, 11:40 am

Glorfindel wrote:Chris said this about season 5 at the 'This Morning' interview: “I start shooting in the end of July.”

Now maybe this only means that Kurt and the others on the NY side get a few cameo appearances in the first episodes of season 5, and Chris will have to be on set only sporadically at the end of July and the few months after, but at least it's something.
(As long as it has got nothing to do with that stupid Klaine engagement storyline, I'm fine.)

Agree 100%
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next