Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13

+32
CloveGlee
Vir Cotto
Piciollina
Catt24
tanita_mors
MissSoniaPP
ColferGirl
coxfire
Lottie2303
Buenos
glimmerle
Delight
MoviesAreLife
ColdFlame96
Divalicious
Adamina
Jellyrolls
fantastica
SippyCupofLuv
arina
ColferInspired
bayth
brisallie
sheny
ChrisColferFan1
valkeakuulas
AnneNeville
opals
Ireth
TimF
Ranwing
Glorfindel
36 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13 - Page 26 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13

Post  Jellyrolls 8/1/2013, 10:02 pm

GOBR tweeted a link to a Beatles song for 5x1:

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13 - Page 26 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13

Post  Glorfindel 8/1/2013, 10:19 pm

^They apparently also told this:

GOBr wrote:These songs are not the Klaine duet:

don’t let me down
all my loving
something
i want you
all you need is love
blackbird
When I’m 64

I really don't care what Beatles song Klaine will sing, or what Beatles song any of the other characters will sing, tbh. Anything I might come up with probably won't happen or be given to characters I don't like.
Untill I know for 100% sure that Kurt will get a solo or a duet with anyone but Blaine, I'm so sick of the speculating only to get disappointment in return.

With all the spoilers and news of the past few days my hope for a decent season 5 is somewhere -30%. I'll be gladly proven too pessimistic though.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/1/2013, 10:41 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^They apparently also told this:

GOBr wrote:These songs are not the Klaine duet:

don’t let me down
all my loving
something
i want you
all you need is love
blackbird
When I’m 64

I really don't care what Beatles song Klaine will sing, or what Beatles song any of the other characters will sing, tbh. Anything I might come up with probably won't happen or be given to characters I don't like.
Untill I know for 100% sure that Kurt will get a solo or a duet with anyone but Blaine, I'm so sick of the speculating only to get disappointment in return.

With all the spoilers and news of the past few days my hope for a decent season 5 is somewhere -30%. I'll be gladly proven too pessimistic though.

I am not sure I'll be watching, tbh.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/2/2013, 12:19 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:As long as we have the originals, what would they expect us to fall in love with the new kids?

Well if they had actually developed the newbies into original characters instead of making them carbon copies of the old ones, they probably wouldve been better received.

Very true. We have the originals and we love them: no need for cheap imitators.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/2/2013, 1:04 am

I see nothing has changed with Glee, every new information gives me terrible headache... and if they let Finn die from drug abuse, I have no words, it's a last straw...

These writers still didn't learn there is a difference between actor and character but what can we expect from the writers who instead of writing a roles and searching the right people for them search people that inspire them so they can use their life for their characters.

There are many tv shows I have watched through the years that I was kinda ashamed of, they are my guilty pleasures and I know they are kinda crap but I must say I don't think any of them were worse than what Glee writers have presented us in the last years... And glee started as the critically acclaimed tv show, it won many awards, people were proud to be gleeks back then, it's almost hard to believe now that with these writers Glee used to be good at some point... Now it's like it was written by absolutely amateurs and not proffesionals...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/2/2013, 3:52 am

How about letting Kurt sing a Beatles solo and dig up that brit Adam from the woodworks to sing a duet with. But of course that will happen!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 8/2/2013, 4:00 am

^If only

I feel sick to my stomach thinking that drugs will be involved in Finn's death, which I feel is a character bleed that is very disrespectful to Cory. I also don't think Lea has as much power as they keep saying she does...sounds like they're expecting backlash and diverting it early.

Also ugh another Klaine "duet".
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/2/2013, 4:28 am

The Klaine reunion is inevitable as it is the only endgame couple left. Glee doesn't care that it represents an abusive, unbalanced relationship. S5 will be all about Kurt being Rachel and Blaines cheerleader again without any personal successes. They never, ever learn. It is especially shameful because Kurt is based on Ryan Murphy. The guy really must hate himself.

I have not hopes and will continue to have zero expectations. So far it looks like I won't even watch the Kurt edits. Why the heck should I willingly subject myself to something that will only ignite anger, disapproval and sorrow?!

Just out of curiosity, I wonder how the viewer numbers would be if Kurt fans would just stop watching.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/2/2013, 4:49 am

Making Kurt take back Blaine is just an horrible thought, especially since now they can try doing it without having to play any redemption with Blaine.

More than anything I just became very sad visiting the Chris Colfer tag in tumblr (a small mistake after the duet spoiler and because some cannot still tag Kurt Hummel and Klaine) because some of the Klainers have become even more self assertive and just, even more then before, ignoring the fact that Blaine in his current setting isn't a loving, caring, cute and strong BF that they make out him to be.

I'm just scared that this new season will give them a chance to "wipe the table clean" from this cheating and selfish crap because it all "seems" so insignificant in the face of death. It's really frustrating that so many Blaine fans are so ready to ignore the faults the writers have given to their hero just to let him get his man back and make Kurt HIS again. Perhaps some of these hard core Klainers screaming for them to get back together right now don't want IRL themselves to be nothing but a homemakers and supportive spouses and that is all they can imagine. What do I know?

I'm starting to feel a bit defeated in my thoughts because obviously RIB are still pulling the Klaine from the mud and for all reasons considered: character strenght, consistancy, acting talent...it will make Kurt be the scape goat. I'm more than certain that if the S4 Blaine worship continues Kurt WILL eventually end up being the bad guy.

Sorry all the negativity, the fact that these bullcrap spoiler people are back (dispite the fact that they said they wouldn't be) and feeding the Klainers again got to me. Nothing changes. :(

valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/2/2013, 5:08 am

That is what really pissed me off. The will use Corys real-life death to reunite Klaine. I can already feel it. If the death would be only fictional, fine it would actually work somehow (if it wouldn't be Klaine), but in this context it is only disgusting.

Why is no serious media ever covering the fact how many TV shows, not just Klaine, provide very unhealthy, abusive and dangerous couples which are shown as positive rolemodels? Especially for young girls who will be influenced. It makes me sick to my stomach how many girls sincerely believe it is okay to be belittled, emotionally abused and lied to just because their boyfriend is hot.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 8/2/2013, 6:16 am

Klaine has a lot of problems. It's not a healthy realtionship and Blaine is a cheating bastard who doesn't deserve Kurt but isn't calling it abusive and dangerous a little too much. There are people in real abusive realtionships and compairing the teenage drama that's going on on Glee to them seems kind of wrong.
Of course everyone is free to think whaterver they want about Klaine. Maybe you are right I'm not a relationship expert. That's just how I feel.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/2/2013, 6:33 am

sheny wrote:Klaine has a lot of problems. It's not a healthy realtionship and Blaine is a cheating bastard who doesn't deserve Kurt but isn't calling it abusive and dangerous a little too much. There are people in real abusive realtionships and compairing the teenage drama that's going on on Glee to them seems kind of wrong.
Of course everyone is free to think whaterver they want about Klaine. Maybe you are right I'm not a relationship expert. That's just how I feel.

No, I think that is the main problem at the core that many actually do not take it seriously enough. Blaine sexually assaulted Kurt in TFT. Kurt also apologized to Blaine for basically defending himself. That is unfortunately storybook reaction to abuse. Blaine belittled Kurt in front of his friends and very passively aggressively humiliated him. Once again Kurt apologized. Blaine punished Kurt for being busy and starting a career by cheating on him. After three weeks of separation. Then he blamed Kurt. Yes, Kurt didn't accept his apology but we still have to see that Blaine actually learnt and accepted his mistake. Instead he got an entire episode being told he is a hero. The relationship is not physically abusive but please do not undermine emotional abuse even in teenage relationships. That also leaves deep scars. Considering Klaine is actually treated as a normal and healthy relationship, it represents something very dangerous as they are inspirations for young people how to be in real life relationships.

Kurt has many flaws as well, but compared to Blaine he gets called out for it. Especially by Blaine. We don't get the same in return. Looking deeper and deeper at this couples, it really terrifies me how unhealthy it actually is. It is not just a young relationship gone bad because of immaturity, but because it actully represents very deep problems.

I don't run around and scream 'abuse' without merit. There are many unhealthy couples but they are not necessarily abusive. Klaine however glorifies and apologizes(!!!) date rape, sexual harassment and a very unhealthy imbalance between two individuals where one gets treated as only being important to be the significant other to the other person. Mind you, the other person also gets everything the other person wants. By not addressing those plot lines accordingly they belittle such problems as mentioned above. That is just plain wrong and makes me mad.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/2/2013, 8:09 am

^Unfortunately I have to completely agree with you. Klaine's relationship goes beyond being unhealthy into mental abusive territory. It isn't full blown abusive yet, but the signs are there loud and clear.
And the sickening part is that RIB don't see that and glorify their relationship, rewarding Blaine for his bad behaviour and making him a hero in the process, while reducing Kurt to a lovesick puppy who just can't resist that cheating dreamboat. :angry: 

valkeakuulas wrote:Making Kurt take back Blaine is just an horrible thought, especially since now they can try doing it without having to play any redemption with Blaine.

More than anything I just became very sad visiting the Chris Colfer tag in tumblr (a small mistake after the duet spoiler and because some cannot still tag Kurt Hummel and Klaine) because some of the Klainers have become even more self assertive and just, even more then before, ignoring the fact that Blaine in his current setting isn't a loving, caring, cute and strong BF that they make out him to be.

I'm just scared that this new season will give them a chance to "wipe the table clean" from this cheating and selfish crap because it all "seems" so insignificant in the face of death. It's really frustrating that so many Blaine fans are so ready to ignore the faults the writers have given to their hero just to let him get his man back and make Kurt HIS again. Perhaps some of these hard core Klainers screaming for them to get back together right now don't want IRL themselves to be nothing but a homemakers and supportive spouses and that is all they can imagine. What do I know?

I'm starting to feel a bit defeated in my thoughts because obviously RIB are still pulling the Klaine from the mud and for all reasons considered: character strenght, consistancy, acting talent...it will make Kurt be the scape goat. I'm more than certain that if the S4 Blaine worship continues Kurt WILL eventually end up being the bad guy.

Sorry all the negativity, the fact that these bullcrap spoiler people are back (dispite the fact that they said they wouldn't be) and feeding the Klainers again got to me. Nothing changes. :(

Don't apologize. I feel exactly as you do, and I think many Kurtsies agree with us.
These writers are awful, and I have no hope things in season 5 will go better than as you just described.:(
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/2/2013, 11:06 am

Well, I'm not so much upset by a possible drug-induced death for Finn (it tells the truth about the BTS situation) as I am about them using Finn's death to force together Klaine. Yuck. Could you imagine everyone pressuring Kurt from all sides to run to "the love of his life" while they still have time? Rolling Eyes As people have said, this will pardon Blaine of all of his wrongs and will make it so that he doesn't have to own up to anything because, in the face of death, the "little things" do not matter. I really hope they don't go this route. The mature, realistic thing would be to ditch the endgame BS but knowing how endgame obsessed they are....I don't know....

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/2/2013, 11:19 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:Well, I'm not so much upset by a possible drug-induced death for Finn (it tells the truth about the BTS situation) as I am about them using Finn's death to force together Klaine. Yuck. Could you imagine everyone pressuring Kurt from all sides to run to "the love of his life" while they still have time? Rolling Eyes As people have said, this will pardon Blaine of all of his wrongs and will make it so that he doesn't have to own up to anything because, in the face of death, the "little things" do not matter. I really hope they don't go this route. The mature, realistic thing would be to ditch the endgame BS but knowing how endgame obsessed they are....I don't know....

Great post. If Klaine must get back together Blaine should work on earning Kurt's trust back first. It should not be just because Finn has died, but I am worried this is what will happen.Evil or Very Mad 
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/2/2013, 11:29 am

Glee's reaction to Finn's death will probably be something like: "Life's too short to be angry at your first love and soulmate." Rolling Eyes  But, more than anything, I want Kurt's reaction to be: "Life's too short to be tied down to a hypocritical, cheating, attention whoring asshole who treats me like crap."

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/2/2013, 11:47 am

I somehow actually want that scenario to happen and the entire Glee fandom being totally mad that RIB abuses Corys death to reunite one of the stupid endgame couples. Also Finn never had problems with drugs. He just cannot die because of drugs. It would be lazy, attemtion seeking writing. I actually think both scenarios it could destroy the show.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/2/2013, 12:24 pm

Ireth wrote:^If only

I feel sick to my stomach thinking that drugs will be involved in Finn's death, which I feel is a character bleed that is very disrespectful to Cory. I also don't think Lea has as much power as they keep saying she does...sounds like they're expecting backlash and diverting it early.

Also ugh another Klaine "duet".

I'm sure she doesn't. That was pap for the press.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/2/2013, 12:27 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I somehow actually want that scenario to happen and the entire Glee fandom being totally mad that RIB abuses Corys death to reunite one of the stupid endgame couples. Also Finn never had problems with drugs. He just cannot die because of drugs. It would be lazy, attemtion seeking writing. I actually think both scenarios it could destroy the show.

Could it be that he was a high functioning addict and hid his problem well? I'm not trying to piss anyone off! I can see why people think this is crass, but Cory's life and death just got me thinking. Finn also had that lost, worthless feeling of "loserdom" that Cory had when he first got hooked on drugs. "Wow. I don't have a job, I don't have my girl, I don't have a place in this world." But he was beginning to pull himself together to become a teacher and this makes it all the more tragic. Maybe he got caught up in the hard partying ways of college and made a fatal mistake like some unfortunate college kids do? A lot of people think it's disrespectful to Cory, but it merely tells the dark truth about his situation...

Last edited by MoviesAreLife on 8/2/2013, 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/2/2013, 12:28 pm

sheny wrote:Klaine has a lot of problems. It's not a healthy realtionship and Blaine is a cheating bastard who doesn't deserve Kurt but isn't calling it abusive and dangerous a little too much. There are people in real abusive realtionships and compairing the teenage drama that's going on on Glee to them seems kind of wrong.

No, Blaine shows all the hallmarks of an abuser. It's not hyperbole--it's pointing out the real read flags that people should watch out for in real life. I've been in a relationship with someone like Blaine. It's not pretty.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/2/2013, 12:32 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Unfortunately I have to completely agree with you. Klaine's relationship goes beyond being unhealthy into mental abusive territory. It isn't full blown abusive yet, but the signs are there loud and clear.

I'd argue, having been there, that the relationship already *is* full-blown abusive. Blaine is more abusive than my abusive ex. Blaine's words are a bit less outrageous, but the content of what he says is the same. And my ex never cheated on me and blamed me for it, nor did he ever sexually assault me in any way. I was 23-24, and it still took me years to recover. Seeing someone like Blaine glorified really makes me sick.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/2/2013, 12:36 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:I somehow actually want that scenario to happen and the entire Glee fandom being totally mad that RIB abuses Corys death to reunite one of the stupid endgame couples. Also Finn never had problems with drugs. He just cannot die because of drugs. It would be lazy, attemtion seeking writing. I actually think both scenarios it could destroy the show.

Could it be that he was a high functioning addict and hid his problem well? I'm not trying to piss anyone off! I can see why people think this is crass, but Cory's life and death just got me thinking. Finn also had that lost, worthless feeling of "loserdom" that Cory had when he first got hooked on drugs. "Wow. I don't have a job, I don't have my girl, I don't have a place in this world." But he was beginning to pull himself together to become a teacher and this makes it all the more tragic. Maybe he got caught up in the hard partying ways of college and made a fatal mistake like some unfortunate college kids do? A lot of people think it's disrespectful to Cory, but it merely tells the dark truth about his situation...

Maybe. And I guess that with Cory's last episode--with the hard partying & Puck's pep-talk--they were already laying the foundation for this storyline [Finn busting out of college for drinking/partying]. Is that creepy as hell or what? They knew what was going on with him for a long, long time . . . and wrote partying (and weight-loss!) into Finn's life already, before they even sent Cory to rehab. No wonder he didn't think his job was secure. Evil or Very Mad 

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/2/2013, 12:39 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:^Unfortunately I have to completely agree with you. Klaine's relationship goes beyond being unhealthy into mental abusive territory. It isn't full blown abusive yet, but the signs are there loud and clear.

I'd argue, having been there, that the relationship already *is* full-blown abusive. Blaine is more abusive than my abusive ex. Blaine's words are a bit less outrageous, but the content of what he says is the same. And my ex never cheated on me and blamed me for it, nor did he ever sexually assault me in any way. I was 23-24, and it still took me years to recover. Seeing someone like Blaine glorified really makes me sick.

I know nothing of this type of situation, but I'm sorry that happened to you. :(

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/2/2013, 12:48 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:

I know nothing of this type of situation, but I'm sorry that happened to you. :(

I'm not sorry it happened. I was lucky--I got out in just under a year without being hurt TOO badly, and I learned something very important. You can't love somebody into being good. You don't get paid back in love just because you love another person well. It's all up to them: they love and act as they are capable of loving and acting, and what you *deserve* has nothing to do with what you get.

Love an abuser, you're abused. It's as simple as that. No amount of goodness and caring will make them behave otherwise. Quite the opposite: the benefits of being an abuser are actually quite high. Everyone caters to the abuser, tries to keep him happy, because if he isn't happy . . . no one is happy. They have no reason to change because their behavior gets them what they want. Attention. Admiration. Power. Reassurance that they really ARE that great--you'll stick with them, even if they're outrageous.  

As flat as Blaine is, he is actually a brilliant picture of an abuser. He could be a valuable character--just like my ex was. But the thing is, no one in the Glee-verse is coming out of their relationship with Blaine having learned anything at all . . . not the viewers, not the characters. Most people are still seeing the surface, very few have glimpsed what lies beneath.

Therefore, no one is learning. I only needed to date one "Blaine" to learn my lesson for the rest of my life. If I had grown up idolizing such behavior, would I have learned from my ex? I don't know.

I need to go back to writing All 'er Nothin. Blaine needs some more taking down.

* Anyone who is interested in the topic of abusers (heck, everyone should read this . . .) should read Lundy Bancroft's Why Does He Do That?: Inside the Minds of Angry and Abusive Men. Highly recommended for everyone--both for your own safety, and, if you're a writer, for characterization purposes. fanny2 

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/2/2013, 12:51 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Maybe. And I guess that with Cory's last episode--with the hard partying & Puck's pep-talk--they were already laying the foundation for this storyline [Finn busting out of college for drinking/partying]. Is that creepy as hell or what? They knew what was going on with him for a long, long time . . . and wrote partying (and weight-loss!) into Finn's life already, before they even sent Cory to rehab. No wonder he didn't think his job was secure. Evil or Very Mad 

That is so creepy. I don't think they'd go that far, though. I think this is all some messed up coincidence. (I hope). And you mentioned taking Blaine down in your fic some more: please do! I adore that story!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next