Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

+33
Piciollina
fantastica
Delight
TimF
CloveGlee
ariel189
sahhar
AnneNeville
ladydianab
ColferGirl
coxfire
sjonnepon
SippyCupofLuv
Ireth
M&M
crazypumpkin
glimmerle
tanita_mors
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
ColferInspired
rooszie
Divalicious
brisallie
Glorfindel
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
ChrisColferFan1
arina
colfhummel
sheny
BigDestiny
37 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

Post  AnneNeville 4/22/2013, 11:04 am

Lottie2303 wrote:
P.S. I just realized my post sounds rather harsh. Has nothing to do with you but with my angers towards RIB/FOX neutre

Phew. I was worried. :(

I know Chris would never have wanted his character to be thrown under the bus like this. I just *wish* I had some way of rationalizing it. And I hate that the only reasons I can come up with are bad writing, not wanting him to distract from the newbies, bad writing, laziness, not wanting him to distract from the more masculine characters, more bad writing--and most of all terrible short-sightedness on the part of RIB.

And they probably think that Chris/Darren shoved into the last episodes will make up for everything that came before . . .

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

Post  Glorfindel 4/22/2013, 11:12 am

AnneNeville wrote:I wish I knew! I'm at the point where I am not *really* watching episodes anymore, just skimming through them and hoping for a better plotline. Perhaps Chris wanted reduced screentime so he could rest a bit and work on things so he'll have a career after Glee. I can tell he's trying to be smart about it, like Daniel Radcliffe.
I don't know how often I have to debunk that theory here and elsewhere, but there is no indication at all that Chris himself asked for reduced screentime, on the contrary actually. He said before the season started that he thought (or hoped) he was in 100% of the time, and as the season progressed he said he missed performing, and wanted Kurt to have more, like reacting to the cheating and being shown living in New York.
Chris is a driven and ambitious young man: he would want to make the most of it, and he loves Kurt.

I strongly doubt he is satisfied with the underusage of Kurt. And the less screentime he gets as Kurt, the more his fame and exposure will suffer from it. Although I'm sure the people in the business know it's not his fault and will blame Glee for that, but still..... he might lose some of his teenage girl fanbase who'll move on to other Glee characters, like e.g. Ryder.
Those fans may not be his biggest fans (obviously) but he needs them if he wants to get cast in future projects, as he himself has made clear that studios think female teenager fans are important for them when hiring a young male actor.

As for his other projects: I'm sure he enjoys having time for his writing, but Glee keeps him bound and unable to do much other work. He can't film a movie, do something on stage or guest star in another show the way his contract with Glee is now.

My guess is that Chris went into season 4 thinking he would get a bigger role to play, it then turned out differently but Chris was stuck in his contract and the conditions made during negotiations for that season. He won't make the same mistake going into season 5 and 6.
I bet he either got some guarantees that Kurt will get more screentime next season(s), or he negotiated a better working schedule and time off to do other projects when Kurt's screentime stays as limited as it is now. At least I hope so.

-ETA- Or as @Lottie said. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/22/2013, 11:18 am

AnneNeville wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:
P.S. I just realized my post sounds rather harsh. Has nothing to do with you but with my angers towards RIB/FOX neutre

Phew. I was worried. :(

I know Chris would never have wanted his character to be thrown under the bus like this. I just *wish* I had some way of rationalizing it. And I hate that the only reasons I can come up with are bad writing, not wanting him to distract from the newbies, bad writing, laziness, not wanting him to distract from the more masculine characters, more bad writing--and most of all terrible short-sightedness on the part of RIB.

And they probably think that Chris/Darren shoved into the last episodes will make up for everything that came before . . .

That is my worst fear and I am almost entirely sure will happen. When it comes to Kurt, they believe everything has to do with Blaine nowadays. They will have a very rude awakewing.

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/22/2013, 11:47 am

Glorfindel wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:I wish I knew! I'm at the point where I am not *really* watching episodes anymore, just skimming through them and hoping for a better plotline. Perhaps Chris wanted reduced screentime so he could rest a bit and work on things so he'll have a career after Glee. I can tell he's trying to be smart about it, like Daniel Radcliffe.
I don't know how often I have to debunk that theory here and elsewhere, but there is no indication at all that Chris himself asked for reduced screentime, on the contrary actually. He said before the season started that he thought (or hoped) he was in 100% of the time, and as the season progressed he said he missed performing, and wanted Kurt to have more, like reacting to the cheating and being shown living in New York.
Chris is a driven and ambitious young man: he would want to make the most of it, and he loves Kurt.

I strongly doubt he is satisfied with the underusage of Kurt. And the less screentime he gets as Kurt, the more his fame and exposure will suffer from it. Although I'm sure the people in the business know it's not his fault and will blame Glee for that, but still..... he might lose some of his teenage girl fanbase who'll move on to other Glee characters, like e.g. Ryder.
Those fans may not be his biggest fans (obviously) but he needs them if he wants to get cast in future projects, as he himself has made clear that studios think female teenager fans are important for them when hiring a young male actor.

As for his other projects: I'm sure he enjoys having time for his writing, but Glee keeps him bound and unable to do much other work. He can't film a movie, do something on stage or guest star in another show the way his contract with Glee is now.

My guess is that Chris went into season 4 thinking he would get a bigger role to play, it then turned out differently but Chris was stuck in his contract and the conditions made during negotiations for that season. He won't make the same mistake going into season 5 and 6.
I bet he either got some guarantees that Kurt will get more screentime next season(s), or he negotiated a better working schedule and time off to do other projects when Kurt's screentime stays as limited as it is now. At least I hope so.

-ETA- Or as @Lottie said. fanny2

Sorry. I didn't quite realize that was a frequently debunked argument. I won't suggest it again.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/22/2013, 12:38 pm

^Yes, it is. It is nothing but a false rumor. And it has been used and continues to be used as a 'weapon' in the big argument why the noobs and Blam get so much this year in comparison to NY. The Lima lovers elsewhere are saying that NY getting so little is Chris' and Lea's own fault, because they asked for less screentime (same for Cory, btw) themselves.
I really hate that, because it suggests that Ryan wanted to write for them but got rejected, when in fact Ryan just loves the noobs and Blam (or the illusion that his writing is the best of Glee and not the original cast).

Lea, nor Chris, nor Cory (nor Mark, Harry and Naya) ever asked for less screentime, at least nothing got out publicly that they did or suggests they did. It is no secret that Dianna and Amber wanted out, and they got less, but so did the others (get less).
And then there's Kevin and Jenna, who were in it from the start as well. They were just as tired as the other original cast members after season 3 (and they all complained about being exhausted after 3 seasons of shooting and 2 summer tours), yet they still have to work many hours, sitting in the choir room, without getting sufficient screentime and songs in return for their efforts.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/22/2013, 12:43 pm

AnneNeville wrote:

Yeah, they are wasting him because they want to pump up their other guys/McKinley. :-( Oddly enough, one of the few choir guys whose reactions catch my eye now is Joe Hart.

Is that because he's been absent for weeks? I know some people that have asked for Joe.

And I've listened to At the Ballet, and overall I liked, at least I didn't change the song before it ended. But also I'm agree that Naya sounds out of place, for me is like a jazz singer singing a Broadway song and is an uncommon combination to me. But still I'll wait the performance and see if she convinces me with her emotion. To sum up, this song is Naya/ SJP duet with the help of Lea/Chris in the chorus.

On a side note: something that I can be thankful of Glee, is that it helps me to appreciate Broadway songs. Before of this I never was interested on it.

Last edited by brisallie on 4/22/2013, 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/22/2013, 12:49 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Yes, it is. It is nothing but a false rumor. And it has been used and continues to be used as a 'weapon' in the big argument why the noobs and Blam get so much this year in comparison to NY. The Lima lovers elsewhere are saying that NY getting so little is Chris' and Lea's own fault, because they asked for less screentime (same for Cory, btw) themselves.
I really hate that, because it suggests that Ryan wanted to write for them but got rejected, when in fact Ryan just loves the noobs and Blam (or the illusion that his writing is the best of Glee and not the original cast).

Lea, nor Chris, nor Cory (nor Mark, Harry and Naya) ever asked for less screentime, at least nothing got out publicly that they did or suggests they did. It is no secret that Dianna and Amber wanted out, and they got less, but so did the others (get less).
And then there's Kevin and Jenna, who were in it from the start as well. They were just as tired as the other original cast members after season 3 (and they all complained about being exhausted after 3 seasons of shooting and 2 summer tours), yet they still have to work many hours, sitting in the choir room, without getting sufficient screentime and songs in return for their efforts.

You're right. That misconception is problematic. I will make sure not to postulate that anymore. No

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/22/2013, 12:53 pm

To be honest, I dislike so much that theory that Chris, Lea,Naya and Cory have asked for less screen time. I know they might have been busy with their personal projects, especially Chris, but all of these years they have handled very well how to organize their time. So why this year would be the exception? I only understand Cory's situation, because we know it was beyond he could be able to handle, but only that. And as regard Mark, Amber and Harry, I'm not clear how it were their negotiations, and Dianna is the only one being rumoured she wants to leave Glee.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 4/22/2013, 1:27 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I don’t believe the argument ‘Chris asked for it’ for even a second. Sure, he most likely asked for some free time as he worked 24/7 for the last years, but he most certainly did not demand to get written of the show. He is ambitious, driven and talented. Don’t tell me he doesn’t want to win another major award, which only can happen by being on the show! Don’t tell me he doesn’t care about Kurt that he happily accepts him to be Rachel hand-bag, him never getting any professional recognition in NYADA and him just existing nowadays as boyfriend and not individual. Especially Chris, who if given the chance, most likely would destroy the concept of ‘endgame’ within seconds.

I mean nowadays we are lucky to see him more than 2 minutes per episode! Specifically because the lion share of scenes responsible for his full schedule during the last years were because of the choir room scenes. Kurt being a graduate, he automatically misses those scenes. It is just pure ignorance and arrogance by the writers and FOX to assume that a) they can create pre-determined stars; and b) throw their cash cows and biggest talents under the bus (that includes Naya and partly Lea).

Mind you, Naya is the female actress who suffered the same fate. Both are fan favorites. Both started as secondary/background characters. Both developed a major fanbase all by themselves. They were never supposed to be the stars and the audience decided to go against the proclaimed stars (i.e. Quinn) and rather chose those two. Naya and Chris have major fanbases who are very dedicated. I will never, ever understand why they happily focus on Marley (especially because everyone seems to hate her) while Kurt/Santana are treated like bastards this season. There is simply put no logical explanation which will explain this decision making.
ALL. OF. THIS. Especially the bolded.
I could rant a wall of text about this, but you and others like Glorfindel already expressed my thoughts very well.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/22/2013, 2:36 pm

Wow, 'At The Ballet' is the best selling song of the episode so far! ohmy
I didn't expect that, because it's a musical song (and not a very accessible musical song at that), while the other songs are (still) popular golden oldies, especially the Queen song, and they feauture the popular by the teenagers (who buy iTunes songs) guys.

931. At the Ballet neutre (and it is #228 on the iTunes pop chart)
1048. We Will Rock You
1067. Longest Time
1208. Everybody Hurts
1399. You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'

Last edited by Glorfindel on 4/22/2013, 2:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/22/2013, 2:39 pm

Ha, that is a very, very happy surprise. I wonder how long RIB will continue to ignore the very obvious demand for NYC and all its characters (not just Rachel).

That reminds me, does anyone know how well the Original Songs sold last week? Everyone seemed to hate them (incl. me). I'd like to know the overall profit neutre .
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/22/2013, 2:45 pm

^Here's the highest they got (after the episode aired):

89. Next To Me
90. Outcast
98. You Have More Friends Than You Know

149. Don't Stop Believin' (Rachel Solo Audition Version)
396. Fight For Your Right (To Party)

Not bad, but Lea and Idina still beat them. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/22/2013, 2:54 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Here's the highest they got (after the episode aired):

89. Next To Me
90. Outcast
98. You Have More Friends Than You Know

149. Don't Stop Believin' (Rachel Solo Audition Version)
396. Fight For Your Right (To Party)

Not bad, but Lea and Idina still beat them. fanny2

Mmmh, that is actually much better the expected. Didn't think they'd crack the Top 100. Maybe the GA is more accepting of the Newbies than I believed so far?!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/22/2013, 5:15 pm

^This was only a temporary placing in the charts (their highest place). It doesn't mean they will be on the Billboard hot 100.
But yeah, they did better than I expected. Still, Glee is not getting the same sale numbers they got in the earlier seasons by a long shot.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/22/2013, 5:42 pm

[Zap2it.com] 10 Spoilers: Glee

“Glee”: Episode 422 — the Regionals episode — will turn the glee gang on its head in more ways than one. You already know that Blaine is proposing to Kurt — but additionally, a series regular will be saying goodbye to Lima. Here’s what we can tell you for sure: it’s not Finn (Cory Monteith). As previously reported, Monteith will be absent from the last two episodes of the season, but the intention is for his character to return in Season 5.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/22/2013, 5:46 pm

i bet my cat that the one leaving is heather/brittany.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/22/2013, 5:51 pm

sheny wrote:

[Zap2it.com] 10 Spoilers: Glee

“Glee”: Episode 422 — the Regionals episode — will turn the glee gang on its head in more ways than one. You already know that Blaine is proposing to Kurt — but additionally, a series regular will be saying goodbye to Lima. Here’s what we can tell you for sure: it’s not Finn (Cory Monteith). As previously reported, Monteith will be absent from the last two episodes of the season, but the intention is for his character to return in Season 5.

I hope Blaine is not propsing to Kurt.If he is I hope Kurt says no. I wish it was Darren Criss leaving Glee.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/22/2013, 6:17 pm

if any of you want to reference what kurt hummel was wearing in which episode, our Ivana (Tanita-mor) owns a special kurt hummel outfit thread, and every outfits he wears on the show is displayed in a composition for each episode: https://chriscolferfanforum.forumotion.com/t78-kurt-hummel-outfits

you can easily find out which outfit or hat has been worn when and where.

thanks Ivana! wub
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/22/2013, 6:55 pm

Well, someone leaving Lima only means they won't be in Lima, it doesn't indicate if they are leaving the show period. It could just be the incredibly surprising spoiler that Blaine goes to NY, thus leaving Lima. Of course, what I am really hoping is he goes to NY to try and woo Kurt back from Adam. Which of course would mean Adam would be in season 5, and that is what I am wishing for at this point. We know we are going to have Klaine shoved down our throats, and before Kurt is sacrificed to the altar of Blarren stans, I want Kurt to finally get his "oh my god, when did he get so sexy" storyline.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/22/2013, 6:56 pm

fantastica wrote:i bet my cat that the one leaving is heather/brittany.
There are rumors that it will be Matt/Mr. Shue. But who knows?

I think Heather's pregnancy was so unexpected they did not make plans for her yet, or at least not incorporated them in the season finale's plans, plus I also don't think she would get a fanfare like all these spoilers about a character leaving. Harry, Amber and Dianna all left very quietly when they graduated (even though they are trotted back out every once in a while). So I don't think they mean Heather/Brittany with these spoilers.
Heather/Brittany will probably leave too, or only get guest status next season. But first she has to pop out that baby in the fall/winter before she can go back to Glee, if she goes back at all.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/22/2013, 8:05 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Wow, 'At The Ballet' is the best selling song of the episode so far! ohmy
I didn't expect that, because it's a musical song (and not a very accessible musical song at that), while the other songs are (still) popular golden oldies, especially the Queen song, and they feauture the popular by the teenagers (who buy iTunes songs) guys.

931. At the Ballet neutre (and it is #228 on the iTunes pop chart)
1048. We Will Rock You
1067. Longest Time
1208. Everybody Hurts
1399. You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'

This's surprising. I didn't expect the song was going to sell so well, because teenagers are not into musical songs, for me Glee is currently targeted to teens. But anyway, I'm glad.

I forgot to say that I liked both We Will Rock You and Longest Time, and made me realize how much I miss Kevin voice too. He's also someone who's being wasted.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/23/2013, 2:13 am

Raise your hands if you believe she will Park and Bark, and the rest will dance around her. Actually, I've never watched American Idol, and have no idea if she can dance, it just seems they focus so much on their lead singer that they usually just kind of stand there.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/23/2013, 2:31 am

But wasn't it already confirmed that Blaine won't propose? So why all the hype? Unless, the couple comes from the left field...

I my bet is also on Brit leaving, especially because I get the impression that Heather wants to stop too. It is the perfect opportunity for FOX and Heather to leave and have a legit reason. Therefore, Britannia can also be officially considered dead. As I strongly dislike Brittany, bring it on!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 4/23/2013, 3:33 am

At the ballet is nice, too little Kurt, but nice, though editing will be hard, me thinks.

We Will Rock You could have been perfect if only Artie had sung it all, with the others as choir only. Seriously, McHale schooled them all on that one, and all the other guys lack edge and power (and sound all the same), they are such a let down after Artie's intro.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next