Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread

+17
sjonnepon
ColferGirl
Divalicious
Ireth
arina
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
coxfire
Lottie2303
sheny
brisallie
MoviesAreLife
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
21 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap12%4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap35%4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 6 ]
4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap18%4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap6%4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap29%4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 17

4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica 3/25/2013, 3:24 pm

no i was talking about body odor - almost all young men have that. it's normal. i just don't like the smell. i don't even like perfume. I always buy unscented or fragrance-free stuff. my nose is too sensitive. i want to smell nothing. Smile

kurt of course will like any smell.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/25/2013, 3:37 pm

Oh, I see! I'm kind of the same way, except with my ears. If I could walk around with ear plugs all day and manage not to look insane, I'd do it. I can't stand noise 95 percent of the time and want silence.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/25/2013, 4:07 pm

i like silence too, but it's almost unavoidable. if i have my way I would like to smell nothing, hear nothing and see a lot. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/25/2013, 4:14 pm

I must say I just read the best Kurt/Bruce/Sebastian oneshots. I am getting close to buy my own boyfriend pillow just for the sake of it Razz .
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/25/2013, 4:22 pm

Kim, don't ruin my fantasy! I'm sure Adam (and Kurt) smell wonderful!

This discussion reminds me of the time that Chris said Darren stinks (though not in those words exactly). He was talking about how unromantic shooting the first kiss, and he made a comment about how no one smells like roses after 16 hours on the set, so I think that implies that Darren stinks.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/25/2013, 4:54 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Kim, don't ruin my fantasy! I'm sure Adam (and Kurt) smell wonderful!

This discussion reminds me of the time that Chris said Darren stinks (though not in those words exactly). He was talking about how unromantic shooting the first kiss, and he made a comment about how no one smells like roses after 16 hours on the set, so I think that implies that Darren stinks.

Especially Kurt! I think he'd smell like vanilla. Don't ask. Wink

Though, I'm pretty sure Chris was joking about Darren. He also joked that he had bad breath. Laughing

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/25/2013, 5:03 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:Kim, don't ruin my fantasy! I'm sure Adam (and Kurt) smell wonderful!

Especially Kurt! I think he'd smell like vanilla. Don't ask. Wink

Though, I'm pretty sure Chris was joking about Darren. He also joked that he had bad breath. Laughing

Well, it is no my head canon that Darren has bad breath and BO because Chris said so Wink

P.S. I do know Chris was joking, but I think it's more funny to think it's true Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/25/2013, 5:08 pm

Okay. Got it! mrgreen

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/25/2013, 5:32 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Oh, I see! I'm kind of the same way, except with my ears. If I could walk around with ear plugs all day and manage not to look insane, I'd do it. I can't stand noise 95 percent of the time and want silence.

That's me. Actually I hate so much when people listen to music aloud on the bus or subway. Because I want to listen to my music, not theirs.

@Kim, though I think it's kinda romantic to wear something you bf have worn because it has his smell, by other side I also believe it should be disinfected first.

Did he said that? Umm that's not something to feel proud about. And mints are not expensive Darren.

Last edited by brisallie on 3/25/2013, 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/25/2013, 5:33 pm

if i had to lick a block of wood for 16 straight hours my breath would smell bad too. Smile

btw it's normal for healthy young male to smell stinky after even mild perspiration. if one smells sweet that indicates a problem of yeast infection (ewww)
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/25/2013, 5:55 pm

Boys don't get yeast infections.... Suspect

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/25/2013, 6:18 pm

no, not THAT kind of yeast infections. lmao...

i was kidding anyway. no need to take that seriously. it's too funny.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/25/2013, 6:25 pm

Wow, interesting discussion, ladies. Rolling Eyes
BTW: I thought men's sweat is an aphrodisia for women? tonguue

I remember a fan's report on tumblr once who visited the Glee set and met Darren. She said in her post at first that he smelled out of his mouth badly. uhuhu But then she apparently got too many negative comments and took that part out of her report of the set visit. moque
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/25/2013, 6:31 pm

fantastica wrote:no, not THAT kind of yeast infections. lmao...

I googled yeast infections, and I don't know how I gonna erase those pictures in my mind. Gross.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/25/2013, 6:31 pm

probably ate too much garlic. can't blame the fan backlash. being a fan means you (or I) are biased to begin with, so we don't like anything negative about our idol. if someone coming here posting anything negative about chris (other than intelligent critique of his work) will get booted out of here too. i am sure many fan girls would love to kiss DC regardless of his breath (or lack of).

about man's sweet being aphrodisiac - yes there's such a saying and yes I agree w/ it to an extent: the odor cannot be too strong, and you have to love that man to begin with, and you have to be in the mood for something romantic. but if you are just talking about a smelly stranger walking by you in the hallway, chances are you will want to run the other way asap.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/25/2013, 7:57 pm

fantastica wrote:no, not THAT kind of yeast infections. lmao...

I couldn't tell if you were serious or not! LMAO! Okay, I'll shut up now! Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/25/2013, 8:50 pm

when you see me writing something outrageous, that's when you know i am not serious. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/26/2013, 3:03 am

To be honest, I think it is rude to mention on the internet that an actor smells out of his mouth. Especially because it can have various reasons (i.e. wrong food, forgot his chewing gum) and does not mean it is a normal occurrence. It can happen to everyone, ourselves included, and as we cannot smell our own breath, we also have less control. I would be upset if someone would post something like that about Chris, no matter how true or false the information are.

Now, I have a question. I read several times about Darren and what happened backstage at H2$, but never get specifics. What is that all about?
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/26/2013, 11:03 am

Lottie2303 wrote:To be honest, I think it is rude to mention on the internet that an actor smells out of his mouth. Especially because it can have various reasons (i.e. wrong food, forgot his chewing gum) and does not mean it is a normal occurrence. It can happen to everyone, ourselves included, and as we cannot smell our own breath, we also have less control. I would be upset if someone would post something like that about Chris, no matter how true or false the information are.
That's why they invented toothbrushes, good dental care and breathmints. There are rare exceptions (like intestal problems) but noone has to have bad breath, especially not while working.
In my profession I'm in other people's faces a lot, breathing out even. So I brush my teeth sometimes 4-5 times a day, don't eat food like garlic, onions, fish or cheetos when I still have to work that day, and live off of breathmints.
*pet peeve* (believe me: it's no fun teaching someone how to sing when they smell out of their mouth)

Now, I have a question. I read several times about Darren and what happened backstage at H2$, but never get specifics. What is that all about?
When you visit a Broadway show you can wait at the stage door after a show in the hope to meet the actors and maybe get an autograph.
Darren was in H2$ with other, seasoned actors, and only there for 3 weeks while the others were in the musical for many months. Those other actors deserved respect.
The stage door exit of H2$ was very crowded with Darren's fans for those 3 weeks, which is understandable. What is also understandable but already quite annoying for those other actors of H2$ was Darren's fans being obnoxious, loud, not respecting unwritten Broadway rules (at the stage door and in the theatre), and them ignoring and even disrespecting those other actors in their attempts to get to Darren.

Enfin, so far that was not Darren's fault. But then he had the (not) bright idea to organize (via twitter) a 'Very Potter Musical'(!) sing-a-long one day after the show at that stage door. It became a chaos: the streets were blocked by fans, the other actors could not leave the stage door to go home, and the police had to come to clear the streets. That was downright stupid of Darren, as he could have known what a chaos it would become, plus he never thought of the discomfort and trouble this would cause for others.
On top of being stupid it was also very rude towards his colleagues at H2$, because Darren not only made the show H2$ all about himself, but he also organized a sing-a-long for one of his own projects (Starkids), using the publicity/exposure to the public and the venue of a non-related production.

To be honest: this was the moment I started disliking Darren.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/26/2013, 2:13 pm

^ most of the broadway going people are theater-lovers. they see shows regularly, and follow their etiquette. the same thing if you go see operas. many people dress up very formally (evening gowns and tux are not unusal). nobody scream and shout during the performance, and everybody is respectful. Darren's fans are a different bunch. they are more likely to attend rock concert than a musical. so they act like fans in rock concerts do. imagine you bring a group of kids into a fancy 5-star restaraunt and let them talk loudly, chewing w/ their mouth open while running around the tables, dripping ketchup and mustards down their chin and wiping their greasy hands on the chair back... you get the idea. if you work there you will probably want to pick up a machine gun and scare all of them out the door.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/26/2013, 6:46 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:To be honest, I think it is rude to mention on the internet that an actor smells out of his mouth. Especially because it can have various reasons (i.e. wrong food, forgot his chewing gum) and does not mean it is a normal occurrence. It can happen to everyone, ourselves included, and as we cannot smell our own breath, we also have less control. I would be upset if someone would post something like that about Chris, no matter how true or false the information are.
That's why they invented toothbrushes, good dental care and breathmints. There are rare exceptions (like intestal problems) but noone has to have bad breath, especially not while working.
In my profession I'm in other people's faces a lot, breathing out even. So I brush my teeth sometimes 4-5 times a day, don't eat food like garlic, onions, fish or cheetos when I still have to work that day, and live off of breathmints.
*pet peeve* (believe me: it's no fun teaching someone how to sing when they smell out of their mouth)

When you visit a Broadway show you can wait at the stage door after a show in the hope to meet the actors and maybe get an autograph.
Darren was in H2$ with other, seasoned actors, and only there for 3 weeks while the others were in the musical for many months. Those other actors deserved respect.
The stage door exit of H2$ was very crowded with Darren's fans for those 3 weeks, which is understandable. What is also understandable but already quite annoying for those other actors of H2$ was Darren's fans being obnoxious, loud, not respecting unwritten Broadway rules (at the stage door and in the theatre), and them ignoring and even disrespecting those other actors in their attempts to get to Darren.

Enfin, so far that was not Darren's fault. But then he had the (not) bright idea to organize (via twitter) a 'Very Potter Musical'(!) sing-a-long one day after the show at that stage door. It became a chaos: the streets were blocked by fans, the other actors could not leave the stage door to go home, and the police had to come to clear the streets. That was downright stupid of Darren, as he could have known what a chaos it would become, plus he never thought of the discomfort and trouble this would cause for others.
On top of being stupid it was also very rude towards his colleagues at H2$, because Darren not only made the show H2$ all about himself, but he also organized a sing-a-long for one of his own projects (Starkids), using the publicity/exposure to the public and the venue of a non-related production.

To be honest: this was the moment I started disliking Darren.

This is off topic, but yikes! Be careful not to brush your enamel right off of your teeth! Once it is gone, your mouth is screwed and you're in for a lifetime of painful dental work for years to come! (Sorry, I have dental issues and they SUCK!)

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/26/2013, 7:07 pm

^ i would recommend using only softest brush and not using any "whitening" toothpaste, which contains abrasives that can remove enamels. maybe you can also substitute one of the brushing session w/ just mouthwashes (non-alcoholic kind), and also consider tongue brushing/scraping to remove odor causing bacteria living on the tongue surface. i agree 4-5 times a day of brushing is a bit too much. natural teeth are so much better than fake or fixed ones.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/26/2013, 7:18 pm

fantastica wrote:^ i would recommend using only softest brush and not using any "whitening" toothpaste, which contains abrasives that can remove enamels. maybe you can also substitute one of the brushing session w/ just mouthwashes (non-alcoholic kind), and also consider tongue brushing/scraping to remove odor causing bacteria living on the tongue surface. i agree 4-5 times a day of brushing is a bit too much. natural teeth are so much better than fake or fixed ones.

Yup, I've heard it all for years. Get this: I'm 24 and already have 8 fake teeth. I'm going to have to get at least 4-5 more replaced in the near future as well.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/26/2013, 10:45 pm

oh you poor thing did you eat a lot of sweets?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/27/2013, 5:08 am

fantastica wrote:^ i would recommend using only softest brush and not using any "whitening" toothpaste, which contains abrasives that can remove enamels. maybe you can also substitute one of the brushing session w/ just mouthwashes (non-alcoholic kind), and also consider tongue brushing/scraping to remove odor causing bacteria living on the tongue surface. i agree 4-5 times a day of brushing is a bit too much. natural teeth are so much better than fake or fixed ones.
Don't worry, I know that. I'm in my forties and only have 3 cavities.
I usually brush during the day with only water and a soft brush (and clean the tongue), just to remove any residues from the food I ate: that's enough to remove any smell. Mouthwashes is not so good for your throat actually (e.g. the alcohol and mint in them and some other stuff) so singers should not use those.

BTW: most dental problems are caused by genes (aka it 'runs' in the family) and bacteria obtained from other people by e.g. kissing them or using the same toothbrush (spit), not by eating sweets once in a while, although consuming many soda drinks and sugared milk products are murderous for your teeth.

Wow, great subject on this thread. Rolling Eyes Smile
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next