Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

+28
sahhar
TimF
AnneNeville
colfhummel
rooszie
Delight
SippyCupofLuv
tanita_mors
Buenos
Ireth
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
Lottie2303
opals
Ranwing
Divalicious
glimmerle
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
brisallie
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
sheny
ColferGirl
ColferInspired
bayth
fantastica
32 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 36 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  ColdFlame96 5/23/2013, 10:02 pm

Divalicious wrote:I see Chris as being successful overall, because he won't just limit himself to acting. Hollywood will affect part of that decision, but he has his fingers in too many artistic pies, writing books, screenplays are on top of his acting. Plus he just has a great rep (if all we get from the ragmags) in Hollywood, people like working with him. It's nice to help nice people be successful, especially such a humble young man, who bears his exposure in the media with grace. I think, if we ever get to see it, his movie where he plays an insane person will open more than a few eyes.

How is that movie coming along? Did they ditch it or something? Last I heard, they had a producer last summer, so what's the hold up?
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 36 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/23/2013, 10:05 pm

Yes, he is damned smart for not limiting himself and for doing everything. Kindness goes a long way, and Chris is a kind and humble young man, like you said. I have a feeling he will continue to blow us away (even the haters) with his mentally ill role.

And no, I think the film is still going strong. Chris wants to keep quiet about the project until it's officially on a roll.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 5/23/2013, 10:05 pm

I personally haven't read anything about it moving further, but I do know a past article indicated that it would be a winter type shoot, probably to get the proper stark, cold look for movie tones. I wish I would hear a bit more, because even after a season of Kurt, I feel Chris deprived, because he was never really allowed to excel. I think my Struck by Lightning blu ray is coming within a week, that will be helpful. I've already seen it, but the picture will be even more awesome.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/23/2013, 10:08 pm

Divalicious wrote:I personally haven't read anything about it moving further, but I do know a past article indicated that it would be a winter type shoot, probably to get the proper stark, cold look for movie tones. I wish I would hear a bit more, because even after a season of Kurt, I feel Chris deprived, because he was never really allowed to excel. I think my Struck by Lightning blu ray is coming within a week, that will be helpful. I've already seen it, but the picture will be even more awesome.

I love his attention to detail! wub

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/23/2013, 10:14 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Divalicious wrote:I personally haven't read anything about it moving further, but I do know a past article indicated that it would be a winter type shoot, probably to get the proper stark, cold look for movie tones. I wish I would hear a bit more, because even after a season of Kurt, I feel Chris deprived, because he was never really allowed to excel. I think my Struck by Lightning blu ray is coming within a week, that will be helpful. I've already seen it, but the picture will be even more awesome.

I love his attention to detail! wub

The only problem I have is that it will still be a few years before it actually airs. Can't help it. I'm impatient, and I want to see Chris on my screen. tonguue
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/23/2013, 10:14 pm

I think winter would be better if wants to set the right mood. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 36 4247136565

He will have plenty of time to do it this time around, not just sixteen days.

I kind of thinking that Robert Aguire will be one of the producers as he hinted about a project he couldn't talk about last year.

And last year Chris already said he had a director. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 36 4247136565

But like we did with SBL we just have to wait.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/23/2013, 10:27 pm

why are some old casts writing books now? 1) they now have time, as all their roles/screentime on the show is slashed; 2) because of (1), they need more actions/events/projects to keep them relevant in the media. if you are an actor you need to stay in the front page or else people may forget you as they are switching to other hot shows and get to know other hot actors/celebrities. 3) they all bought expensive houses so they need to make more money. 4) why not?! i would too write a children's novel if someone will sign me up. of course my books will be very dark and twisted and likely cause permanent psychological damage to most children's minds (and rest may turn into serial killers).
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/23/2013, 10:33 pm

fantastica wrote:why are some old casts writing books now? 1) they now have time, as all their roles/screentime on the show is slashed; 2) because of (1), they need more actions/events/projects to keep them relevant in the media. if you are an actor you need to stay in the front page or else people may forget you as they are switching to other hot shows and get to know other hot actors/celebrities. 3) they all bought expensive houses so they need to make more money. 4) why not?! i would too write a children's novel if someone will sign me up. of course my books will be very dark and twisted and likely cause permanent psychological damage to most children's minds (and rest may turn into serial killers).

As wonderful as that sounds, I seriously question both yours and your children's sanity, and hope that you never become an author for children's book. We already have enough psychologically traumatized children to last a lifetime.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/24/2013, 12:09 am

It's unfortunate that it's a small budget (I assume) indie film, and they cannot just fake the winter atmosphere with sets. Although, I believe the first Halloween film was very low budget and filmed in the summertime...what they did to give it the fall look was to spraypaint all of the leaves in the shot orange and yellow. Seeing as he wants the Southern-winter look...he wants it gray, cold, gloomy and possibly rainy but with no actual snow on the ground. He wants dead looking trees. Well, this stark look should be somewhat easy to find....even now, right?

And Chris is so fast in getting his deal of the end done. I remember he shot SBL in two weeks, yet it was the others around him who dropped the ball and caused the film to be released over a year after it was shot. I hope history doesn't repeat itself here, because I want that film! tonguue

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/24/2013, 1:02 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:It's unfortunate that it's a small budget (I assume) indie film, and they cannot just fake the winter atmosphere with sets. Although, I believe the first Halloween film was very low budget and filmed in the summertime...what they did to give it the fall look was to spraypaint all of the leaves in the shot orange and yellow. Seeing as he wants the Southern-winter look...he wants it gray, cold, gloomy and possibly rainy but with no actual snow on the ground. He wants dead looking trees. Well, this stark look should be somewhat easy to find....even now, right?

And Chris is so fast in getting his deal of the end done. I remember he shot SBL in two weeks, yet it was the others around him who dropped the ball and caused the film to be released over a year after it was shot. I hope history doesn't repeat itself here, because I want that film! General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 36 3730135933

Same here. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 36 650269930

I just want him to be able to start filming this movie. I know stuff will be released about it, as he seems to like sharing things with us fans. Or the paps will find out were it is being filmed and try and get outside shots, like they did last time.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/24/2013, 1:06 am

I want him to start filming this summer! I hope he doesn't find that the summertime in California is too beautiful for the look of his film! (But of course, as the creative force behind his film, he has every right to make that call).

I also cannot wait to get pictures of Chris as this new character!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/24/2013, 1:18 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:I want him to start filming this summer! I hope he doesn't find that the summertime in California is too beautiful for the look of his film! (But of course, as the creative force behind his film, he has every right to make that call).

I also cannot wait to get pictures of Chris as this new character!

I'd love to see anything from his new film. But I'm not sure if he would have time, because it seems his Summer have already started being busy with the book tour and SBL promoting. But then I recall that SBL was filmed in 16 days.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/24/2013, 2:57 am

True...there is the book tour in England and American book tours like last year. There's the SBL promoting in France. There is also the fact that Glee will start filming slightly earlier if it's going to air earlier. But he's Chris....he'll find a way to film his movie in the meantime! Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/24/2013, 4:31 am

My personal hope is he signed on Bryan Cranston from Breaking Bad. Chris just followed him on Twitter and I kind of hope it is related to his film project. But I also start to assume there won’t be shooting this summer… let’s just hope he may have found the time to reschedule for the winter shot. It was after all his initial plan..

I get why Jenna and Lea are writing the books and I cannot even fault them. I still believe however it is a bad idea. I really don’t see any market for Jenna’s book and I totally agree Lea’s book will be written by a ghostwriter. They may try to be relevant for the media, but negative reaction to an announcement is not necessarily a good way to stay relevant. I predict Lea wants to be a movie star and will try her damnest to achieve it. I think her chances at Broadway are much better. But correct me if I am wrong, but isn’t this one Broadway website also shading her? But I may very much be incorrect about this assumption.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/24/2013, 5:05 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:I want him to start filming this summer! I hope he doesn't find that the summertime in California is too beautiful for the look of his film! (But of course, as the creative force behind his film, he has every right to make that call).
As this is a movie which will probably take place mostly indoors (in the asylum itself) they could easily shoot those indoor scenes in the summer, and maybe add outside shots in the winter later. saispa

What gives me hope is that Romy mentioned the asylum movie in 'Bitter Party of 5', and Chris confirmed it. So it's still being worked on. neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/24/2013, 6:57 am

Bryan Cranston from Breaking Bad?! Why didn't I think of that?! That would be perfect. As for a Broadway website shading Lea, I have no idea. Is it BroadwayWorld?

It actually makes sense to shoot the interior scenes right now, then the exterior scenes later when he gets the right season.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/24/2013, 7:21 am

Yeah, BroadwayWorld, but I can be totally wrong! I just read about it once.

Bryan Cranston would be so epically perfect!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/24/2013, 7:40 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Yeah, BroadwayWorld, but I can be totally wrong! I just read about it once.

Bryan Cranston would be so epically perfect!

If he was to be in Chris's movie, I would hazard a guess he would play the doctor.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/24/2013, 7:48 am

Exactly! I love my theory. Bryan Cranston would garner so much critical acclaim and positive response by being in the movie. I really hope he is the doctor.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/24/2013, 8:09 am

Bryan Cranston as te doctor would be great. He's a very good actor.

He and Chris were in that Emmy roundtable interview together (in 2010?).

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/24/2013, 8:33 am

Glorfindel wrote:Bryan Cranston as te doctor would be great. He's a very good actor.

I forgot about that.General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 36 4249845411
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/24/2013, 9:14 am

Glorfindel wrote:Bryan Cranston as te doctor would be great. He's a very good actor.

I forgot this. But forcing my memory, I just remember he looked at Chris like he was fascinated by this kid (who not?). Yeah, he would be good for the role. But we have no idea how Chris pictures the doctor in his mind or if he has an specific actor in mind, like as happened with Allison Janney.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/24/2013, 12:10 pm

i don't think people of such a young age should write autobiographies. someone like jane lynch or tina fey - yes, hell even someone like portia de rossi who's book i'm reading now (deals with her eating disorders, anorexia and the hardship of being closeted - it's rather good and well written and engages you as the reader, even though i've never had eating disorders - i should lose weight if we are to be honest, nor am i gay). what can lea or jenna teach me or give me an incite i don't really see. and the same could be said for chris if we wrote one now.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/24/2013, 2:02 pm

While there is little question that Lea missed out on a lot of parts because of her physical appearance, she has also been very fortunate to land quite a few parts from a very early age and had the role of Rachel Berry written for her. She's never really been a "starving artist" who had to fight for recognition and the parts she wanted. So is there some value is "writing" a book that, in part, will deal with how challenging it is to be an actress who isn't a size 0 blond? Sure, but it also comes across like trying not to break her arm patting herself on the back too hard.

I honestly don't know what insight she can offer a young actress because it's not as if Lea is the first actress who doesn't fit the "ideal" that she thinks exists. That trail has clearly been blazed before. She has some ethnic characteristics, but it's not all that unusual these days to see actresses of various ethnicities and mixed heritage. She is very attractive and except for being short, has the kind of physique that is prized in show business. Unless a role calls for a very specific physical "type", there isn't much that would keep her from being seriously considered (for example, she would never be able to play Ulla, the Swedish bombshell from The Producers). It is much harder for actresses like Jenna (who is Korean and will be rejected from many parts) and Amber (because of her size) to get many parts because they will have to be cast against the usual image of what people might hold for specific characters (something that got addressed by Amber's character during the WSS auditions).

Totally agree that Chris’s autobiography would be a fascinating read… just not yet. I would much rather read it after he’s aged a bit more and done some of the things that he clearly has set out to do. Maybe after his first Oscar win for some amazing historical drama where he plays the dashing leading man and proved once and for all that it is possible for a gay actor to play a lead role like this.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 5/24/2013, 2:15 pm

Ranwing wrote:While there is little question that Lea missed out on a lot of parts because of her physical appearance, she has also been very fortunate to land quite a few parts from a very early age and had the role of Rachel Berry written for her. She's never really been a "starving artist" who had to fight for recognition and the parts she wanted. So is there some value is "writing" a book that, in part, will deal with how challenging it is to be an actress who isn't a size 0 blond? Sure, but it also comes across like trying not to break her arm patting herself on the back too hard.

I honestly don't know what insight she can offer a young actress because it's not as if Lea is the first actress who doesn't fit the "ideal" that she thinks exists. That trail has clearly been blazed before. She has some ethnic characteristics, but it's not all that unusual these days to see actresses of various ethnicities and mixed heritage. She is very attractive and except for being short, has the kind of physique that is prized in show business. Unless a role calls for a very specific physical "type", there isn't much that would keep her from being seriously considered (for example, she would never be able to play Ulla, the Swedish bombshell from The Producers). It is much harder for actresses like Jenna (who is Korean and will be rejected from many parts) and Amber (because of her size) to get many parts because they will have to be cast against the usual image of what people might hold for specific characters (something that got addressed by Amber's character during the WSS auditions).

Totally agree that Chris’s autobiography would be a fascinating read… just not yet. I would much rather read it after he’s aged a bit more and done some of the things that he clearly has set out to do. Maybe after his first Oscar win for some amazing historical drama where he plays the dashing leading man and proved once and for all that it is possible for a gay actor to play a lead role like this.

This, exactly.

I do think Jenna's book has a genuine market amongst pre-teens, but if Lea is targeting her book to an older age group, she's going to have a problem getting interest from non-fans.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next