General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  coxfire on 5/30/2013, 10:47 am

Glorfindel wrote:10 Reasons Why Glee Is Failing: whatculture.com


On the other hand, some characters are overexposed to the point that we hope they get struck down with a severe bout of mono. Blaine has sung in pretty much every episode this past season, as well as being at the epicentre of 83% of storylines. It’s clear he is ‘the new Rachel’, but even Rachel had a few days off

Can I say I did a happy dance reading this?
avatar
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 641
Join date : 2012-09-18
Real Name : Mel

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  ColferInspired on 5/30/2013, 10:50 am

coxfire wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:10 Reasons Why Glee Is Failing: whatculture.com


On the other hand, some characters are overexposed to the point that we hope they get struck down with a severe bout of mono. Blaine has sung in pretty much every episode this past season, as well as being at the epicentre of 83% of storylines. It’s clear he is ‘the new Rachel’, but even Rachel had a few days off

Can I say I did a happy dance reading this?

Oh, this is delicious. Twisted Evil

I hope there are more that say similar stuff to this.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  Glorfindel on 5/30/2013, 10:53 am

^I admit I had a little smirk smile on my face reading that too. Smile




The reason why Glee still has fans: its wonderful cast (no Chris btw):



They threw glorious shade on Glee's original song 'All or Nothing'! ptdr

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8705
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/30/2013, 10:56 am

*slow claps* I loved all the glorious shade that article was throwing on Blaine and season 4 in general.
avatar
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-05-06
Real Name : Gen

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  brisallie on 5/30/2013, 10:58 am

Glorfindel wrote:10 Reasons Why Glee Is Failing: whatculture.com

Like this list Smile

And I need to vent something, I've read that some hardcore gleeks say the will stop watching Glee if focus only on NY, one of the reasons is because Glee is originally about a Glee Club (though I've read the word "glee" it means more than that) and there's none other high school series like this one. I'm sorry, but for me Glee turned into what they rejected at first: a high school musical with more than 5 songs per episode and love triangles between characters who are not outcast. IMO

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/30/2013, 11:02 am

brisallie wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:10 Reasons Why Glee Is Failing: whatculture.com

Like this list Smile

And I need to vent something, I've read that some hardcore gleeks say the will stop watching Glee if focus only on NY, one of the reasons is because Glee is originally about a Glee Club (though I've read the word "glee" it means more than that) and there's none other high school series like this one. I'm sorry, but for me Glee turned into what they rejected at first: a high school musical with more than 5 songs per episode and love triangles between characters who are not outcast. IMO

I agree, not to mention the plots are just a washed-up rehash of seasons 1-3. NY has the potential for brand new interesting, exciting plots that aren't stupid teen drama. And the NYC actors have much better chemistry than the Mckinley side. I think the show and content should grow up along with the characters. I kind of want to see it get a little more gritty and mature, especially since they insisted on keeping the grads. Right now, it's like a watered-down Degrassi musical with a side of NY. Rolling Eyes
avatar
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-05-06
Real Name : Gen

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  brisallie on 5/30/2013, 11:14 am

I like Degrassi, I think they handle their storylines way better than Glee. But as someone said once, the difference is that Degrassi isn't a prime time show.

At this moment the only series that came to my mind and went from high school plot to College plot and remain the name are 90210 (both the original and remake) and Smallville (I used to love that series). Because that something else this hardcore fans are complaining, they think the series should be rename it if the plot moves to NY. Like many people, Glee it means for them the story about a group of outcasts who sing in a choir. So they kept with the plotline from season one. Lol that's so funny, because they also complain that people should give an opportunity to the newbies and forget the old cast. But for me is like seeing the same over and over.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/30/2013, 11:23 am

brisallie wrote:I like Degrassi, I think they handle their storylines way better than Glee. But as someone said once, the difference is that Degrassi isn't a prime time show.

At this moment the only series that came to my mind and went from high school plot to College plot and remain the name are 90210 (both the original and remake) and Smallville (I used to love that series). Because that something else this hardcore fans are complaining, they think the series should be rename it if the plot moves to NY. Like many people, Glee it means for them the story about a group of outcasts who sing in a choir. So they kept with the plotline from season one. Lol that's so funny, because they also complain that people should give an opportunity to the newbies and forget the old cast. But for me is like seeing the same over and over.

I also liked Degrassi, but it started to get ridiculous after all the originals left. The only new character I liked was Holly J, because she actually had interesting development. After season 10, I stopped caring -_-

Glee is a watered-down version of it because they try to handle the same issues, but everything ends hunky-dory with a song and dance number. Degrassi is an incredibly gritty show and I want the NY side to be a little more like that. If they're going to do serious issues, they need to stick with them.
avatar
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-05-06
Real Name : Gen

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  coxfire on 5/30/2013, 11:55 am

[quote="ColdFlame96"]
brisallie wrote: I also liked Degrassi, but it started to get ridiculous after all the originals left. The only new character I liked was Holly J, because she actually had interesting development. After season 10, I stopped caring -_-
Glee is a watered-down version of it because they try to handle the same issues, but everything ends hunky-dory with a song and dance number. Degrassi is an incredibly gritty show and I want the NY side to be a little more like that. If they're going to do serious issues, they need to stick with them.

Sorry if my question is dumb, but when I was younger, in the 80-90's, I used to watch Degrassi (although it wasn't called like that in France), but I understand that they "rebooted" it? Like, the guys who used to play the kids in high school are now the parents in it (like Snake or Spike)? Am I right? I don't know if the series was stopped and then they "re-launched" it or if it never stopped (but then it would be the 20th season at least).

I have never watched what I call the "new generation", but is this the show you're talking about, or the old one?
avatar
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 641
Join date : 2012-09-18
Real Name : Mel

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/30/2013, 12:15 pm

[quote="coxfire"]
ColdFlame96 wrote:
brisallie wrote: I also liked Degrassi, but it started to get ridiculous after all the originals left. The only new character I liked was Holly J, because she actually had interesting development. After season 10, I stopped caring -_-
Glee is a watered-down version of it because they try to handle the same issues, but everything ends hunky-dory with a song and dance number. Degrassi is an incredibly gritty show and I want the NY side to be a little more like that. If they're going to do serious issues, they need to stick with them.

Sorry if my question is dumb, but when I was younger, in the 80-90's, I used to watch Degrassi (although it wasn't called like that in France), but I understand that they "rebooted" it? Like, the guys who used to play the kids in high school are now the parents in it (like Snake or Spike)? Am I right? I don't know if the series was stopped and then they "re-launched" it or if it never stopped (but then it would be the 20th season at least).

I have never watched what I call the "new generation", but is this the show you're talking about, or the old one?

Yes you're exactly right. It is following the adventures of Spikes daughter and her respective classmates. That's how it started out. Now it's following all those respective kids younger siblings since the characters all graduated. tonguue Snake and Spike are both in it though, and played by the same actors.
avatar
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-05-06
Real Name : Gen

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  brisallie on 5/30/2013, 12:57 pm

From the last seasons of Degrassi, I liked a character named Adam Torres, who's a transgender girl. I think the character was well handle, and the actress herself handled it well as well. She actually got a recognition if I recall.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  AnneNeville on 5/30/2013, 1:12 pm

brisallie wrote:I like Degrassi, I think they handle their storylines way better than Glee. But as someone said once, the difference is that Degrassi isn't a prime time show.

At this moment the only series that came to my mind and went from high school plot to College plot and remain the name are 90210 (both the original and remake) and Smallville (I used to love that series). Because that something else this hardcore fans are complaining, they think the series should be rename it if the plot moves to NY. Like many people, Glee it means for them the story about a group of outcasts who sing in a choir. So they kept with the plotline from season one. Lol that's so funny, because they also complain that people should give an opportunity to the newbies and forget the old cast. But for me is like seeing the same over and over.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer also transitioned from high school to college, though they did it by inventing a magical, previously unmentioned UC-Sunnydale.

Oh.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2013-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/30/2013, 1:21 pm

brisallie wrote:From the last seasons of Degrassi, I liked a character named Adam Torres, who's a transgender girl. I think the character was well handle, and the actress herself handled it well as well. She actually got a recognition if I recall.

Oh yes, Adam. I forgot about him. He was handled well. Glee should take note in how to write a sympathetic transgender character.
avatar
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-05-06
Real Name : Gen

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  brisallie on 5/30/2013, 1:30 pm

AnneNeville wrote:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer also transitioned from high school to college, though they did it by inventing a magical, previously unmentioned UC-Sunnydale.

Oh.

Buffy also came to my mind, but I forgot to mention it.

And isn't similar what Glee did with the University of Lima? We never heard about it until Puck invited some students to a date in a Valentine's episode.

Oh yes, Adam. I forgot about him. He was handled well. Glee should take note in how to write a sympathetic transgender character.

Agree. For me is shameful how a transgender character is portrayed on Glee, because I met Adam long before Unique was introduced on Glee, and I can't avoid to compare both storylines.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  AnneNeville on 5/30/2013, 1:54 pm

brisallie wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer also transitioned from high school to college, though they did it by inventing a magical, previously unmentioned UC-Sunnydale.

Oh.

Buffy also came to my mind, but I forgot to mention it.

And isn't similar what Glee did with the University of Lima? We never heard about it until Puck invited some students to a date in a Valentine's episode.

Yes, it's similar. The only difference is that for it to have worked in Glee, the new University of Lima would have had to have been a performing-arts conservatory, too, and the grads would have had to have been fighting for spots there. Then there would be no NYC/Lima split. :-)


AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2013-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  valkeakuulas on 5/30/2013, 5:38 pm

This Mr. Brown really hates Blaine and Glee, although most of his examples are from S3. (Which I admit was the beginnig of the downhill!) He might not have watched S4 with a analyzing mind on.

I can only imagine how harsh the media will turn if Glee continues like they did this year. The critizising ones have been there but not really calling them out. I think a lot of their trusted, sponsored reviewers got pissed of at the end of the season when they didn't release the advance copy for the All or Nothing.

avatar
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2113
Join date : 2012-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  Glorfindel on 5/30/2013, 6:51 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:I agree, not to mention the plots are just a washed-up rehash of seasons 1-3. NY has the potential for brand new interesting, exciting plots that aren't stupid teen drama. And the NYC actors have much better chemistry than the Mckinley side. I think the show and content should grow up along with the characters. I kind of want to see it get a little more gritty and mature, especially since they insisted on keeping the grads. Right now, it's like a watered-down Degrassi musical with a side of NY. Rolling Eyes
You should read this thread over on IMDb about how the Glee writers think. ptdr


______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8705
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  ColdFlame96 on 5/30/2013, 7:48 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:I agree, not to mention the plots are just a washed-up rehash of seasons 1-3. NY has the potential for brand new interesting, exciting plots that aren't stupid teen drama. And the NYC actors have much better chemistry than the Mckinley side. I think the show and content should grow up along with the characters. I kind of want to see it get a little more gritty and mature, especially since they insisted on keeping the grads. Right now, it's like a watered-down Degrassi musical with a side of NY. Rolling Eyes
You should read this thread over on IMDb about how the Glee writers think. ptdr


Oh gosh! This just literally made my day so much. Those writers are dumb. ptdr
avatar
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-05-06
Real Name : Gen

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  ladydianab on 5/30/2013, 9:53 pm

I may be slapped for saying this: but.. so I was looking on the ChrisColfer tag on tumblr (I don't know of any others) and someone had clips of the Barbra Streisand episode where they dance in the mall. It was so fun and they looked like they were having fun. I miss those days and I didn't think about the comparison of then and Now. Chris was having the time of his life and it showed!! so did the rest. Chris has maintained his incredible ability to act out any scene with all he's got! but this season I didn't see the fun or the passion. I miss that. In his real life it shows that Chris is truly having a good time. This is only my observation and I could be totally wrong because I wasn't on the set so I don't really know. There was just so much missing this season in my opinion as a viewer.

BTW, what has happened to Chris' second movie? We haven't heard anything have we? I know his TLOS2 comes out August 6 and I wonder how much of a book tour there might be. He seems to always have a pretty busy schedule. I wonder if these next couple of weeks is considered "vacation" or break or maybe he is working.
avatar
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Posts : 323
Join date : 2012-06-26
Location : Lawrence, Kansas
Real Name : Diana Buchanan

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  ColferInspired on 5/30/2013, 10:58 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:I agree, not to mention the plots are just a washed-up rehash of seasons 1-3. NY has the potential for brand new interesting, exciting plots that aren't stupid teen drama. And the NYC actors have much better chemistry than the Mckinley side. I think the show and content should grow up along with the characters. I kind of want to see it get a little more gritty and mature, especially since they insisted on keeping the grads. Right now, it's like a watered-down Degrassi musical with a side of NY. Rolling Eyes
You should read this thread over on IMDb about how the Glee writers think.




That was so funny.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  ColferInspired on 5/30/2013, 11:02 pm

ladydianab wrote:I may be slapped for saying this: but.. so I was looking on the ChrisColfer tag on tumblr (I don't know of any others) and someone had clips of the Barbra Streisand episode where they dance in the mall. It was so fun and they looked like they were having fun. I miss those days and I didn't think about the comparison of then and Now. Chris was having the time of his life and it showed!! so did the rest. Chris has maintained his incredible ability to act out any scene with all he's got! but this season I didn't see the fun or the passion. I miss that. In his real life it shows that Chris is truly having a good time. This is only my observation and I could be totally wrong because I wasn't on the set so I don't really know. There was just so much missing this season in my opinion as a viewer.

BTW, what has happened to Chris' second movie? We haven't heard anything have we? I know his TLOS2 comes out August 6 and I wonder how much of a book tour there might be. He seems to always have a pretty busy schedule. I wonder if these next couple of weeks is considered "vacation" or break or maybe he is working.

He could be waiting to do it in the Winter as he would have plenty of time.

That was his original plan.

But I guess we just have to wait and see.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  AnneNeville on 5/31/2013, 2:14 pm

Between photoshoots and events, Chris has had the most awesome formal clothes (Victorian, blue three-piece suits, etc). I want those clothes.

<-- Husband would rock them out.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2013-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  AnneNeville on 5/31/2013, 2:27 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
ladydianab wrote:I may be slapped for saying this: but.. so I was looking on the ChrisColfer tag on tumblr (I don't know of any others) and someone had clips of the Barbra Streisand episode where they dance in the mall. It was so fun and they looked like they were having fun. I miss those days and I didn't think about the comparison of then and Now. Chris was having the time of his life and it showed!! so did the rest. Chris has maintained his incredible ability to act out any scene with all he's got! but this season I didn't see the fun or the passion. I miss that. In his real life it shows that Chris is truly having a good time. This is only my observation and I could be totally wrong because I wasn't on the set so I don't really know. There was just so much missing this season in my opinion as a viewer.

BTW, what has happened to Chris' second movie? We haven't heard anything have we? I know his TLOS2 comes out August 6 and I wonder how much of a book tour there might be. He seems to always have a pretty busy schedule. I wonder if these next couple of weeks is considered "vacation" or break or maybe he is working.

He could be waiting to do it in the Winter as he would have plenty of time.

That was his original plan.

But I guess we just have to wait and see.

It's complicated if the book comes out in August and they are doing this weird split season. Depending on how many episodes the "fall" half is going to be, and how extra-early they start filming, Chris might be free sooner than one would think. If the mid-season show is 13 episodes, then perhaps he'll have a long enough break to do both some filming and some book-touring.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2013-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  fantastica on 5/31/2013, 7:04 pm

it's not easy to get a movie made. sometimes it may take years of negotiation/preparations. let's just wait.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  Buenos on 5/31/2013, 8:18 pm

"Struck by lightning" being made in 16 days at the end of a summer concert tour was truly the exception to the rule. It appeared once he submitted the screenplay Chris saw the film become a reality within two years.

The problem is that Chris (and all the otherGlee actors) are contractually obligated to give Glee filming first priority so unless a movie project definitely falls within a set calendar timeframe many film companies are reluctant to hire an actor who needs permission to continue past a certain date.

Cory had two movies that bled into the beginning of filming last fall, but I doubt Glee woukd be as flexible in the middle if the season with episodes front and back loaded.
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6330
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum