Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

+28
sahhar
TimF
AnneNeville
colfhummel
rooszie
Delight
SippyCupofLuv
tanita_mors
Buenos
Ireth
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
Lottie2303
opals
Ranwing
Divalicious
glimmerle
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
brisallie
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
sheny
ColferGirl
ColferInspired
bayth
fantastica
32 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 25 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  bayth 5/11/2013, 7:29 pm

AnneNeville wrote:From ontd_gleel, which links several sources:

While Ryan Murphy's THE NEW NORMAL is officially cancelled, Mike O'Malley AND Vanessa Lengies's pilots have been purchased by NBC and ABC. They're leads for both.

So . . . goodbye Burt and Sugar, unless there are contract problems or somehow Fox works something out with ABC and NBC. I wonder how Glee will finish out their senior year without HeMo OR Vanessa! (I'm assuming Vanessa will be able to do her new show--hopefully her agents haven't screwed her over and gotten her locked into Glee so she has to be replaced).

I hope that Mike O'Malley put a clause into his new contract that he could go do scenes when needed for Glee. He's not in it that much and it wouldn't take a lot of time to shoot. His role in Glee is too important to just write off...
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 25 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/11/2013, 7:30 pm

bayth wrote:

While Ryan Murphy's THE NEW NORMAL is officially cancelled, Mike O'Malley AND Vanessa Lengies's pilots have been purchased by NBC and ABC. They're leads for both.

So . . . goodbye Burt and Sugar, unless there are contract problems or somehow Fox works something out with ABC and NBC. I wonder how Glee will finish out their senior year without HeMo OR Vanessa! (I'm assuming Vanessa will be able to do her new show--hopefully her agents haven't screwed her over and gotten her locked into Glee so she has to be replaced).

I hope that Mike O'Malley put a clause into his new contract that he could go do scenes when needed for Glee. He's not in it that much and it wouldn't take a lot of time to shoot. His role in Glee is too important to just write off...

I agree 100%
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/11/2013, 7:35 pm

bayth wrote:

I hope so, too. However, his show (and Vanessa's) is on a different network, not Fox. I don't know whether that will cause problems.

I hope this means that they'll scrap the "extend senior year" idea . . . but I doubt it.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/11/2013, 7:57 pm

MOM's always had other projects going on, and his time on glee usually take half a day or even just a an hour or two. it shouldn't affect his occasional appearances on glee if needed. Vanessa is a different situation. even though glee doesn't give her any storyline, her character would sit int he choir room which means she needed to devote a lot of time there. but then she had a lot of absenses in season 4 and few people (other than the fans) noticed, and it would be really easy to write her out (transfer again!) if necessary. if I were her I would dump glee if contractually allowed. she is a guest star so it should be easy. after all, she's got no exposure on glee anyway, while she will be the star of this new show.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/11/2013, 8:35 pm

fantastica wrote:MOM's always had other projects going on, and his time on glee usually take half a day or even just a an hour or two. it shouldn't affect his occasional appearances on glee if needed. Vanessa is a different situation. even though glee doesn't give her any storyline, her character would sit int he choir room which means she needed to devote a lot of time there. but then she had a lot of absenses in season 4 and few people (other than the fans) noticed, and it would be really easy to write her out (transfer again!) if necessary. if I were her I would dump glee if contractually allowed. she is a guest star so it should be easy. after all, she's got no exposure on glee anyway, while she will be the star of this new show.

Agreed. The issue I see is that the finale had Britt walking away, now Sugar will be gone, and Ryder has (at least temporarily) quit Glee. So . . . they will certainly get Ryder back, but they now need two new people to fill out a team for Nationals. I guess they could finally ask Lauren Zizes back . . . Still, introducing two new Glee members in April of the academic year? When the show is already bloated?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/11/2013, 10:36 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
They could've totally brought the Warblers, and by extension Sebastian, back instead of the Waffle toots.

It makes sense that they try to find different choirs each year to compete against. However, in the past they actually gave some buildup to those rival choirs.

What happened to the Nun-Touchables? Weren't they supposed to be in Regionals?

I believe they explained that there was a scandal and they for disqualified. And I know it's good to use different choirs, but I really wanted to see Grant Gustin on my screen again. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 25 1062082318

Can't blame you for that. His scenes with Kurt were really good.

So much wasted Kurtbastian potential...and chemistry. I still find it laughable that the writers plan to promote Seblaine failed horribly and instead launched a new Kurt ship that is probably as big as Klaine, but much less vocal.

The Kurtbastian shippers adore and love Kurt, that's why I love this ship. Every fic I have read Kurt and Sebastain are written as equal. Kurt is written as male and strong, not like some Klaine fics I stopped reading because Kurt was started be written as weak and a bit girlie.

I love Grant.

I always felt on screen he preferred to work with Chris than Darren. Chris gave him so much to work with, Darren nothing.

Kurtbastian would have killed off Klaine for good if it had happened.

They could still do it if they had the guts. I don't think Sebastain would see Kurt as girlie anymore, not the way Kurt has changed.

Blaine has had a downgrade, but Kurt has definitely had an upgrade.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/11/2013, 10:44 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:

It makes sense that they try to find different choirs each year to compete against. However, in the past they actually gave some buildup to those rival choirs.

What happened to the Nun-Touchables? Weren't they supposed to be in Regionals?

I believe they explained that there was a scandal and they for disqualified. And I know it's good to use different choirs, but I really wanted to see Grant Gustin on my screen again. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 25 1062082318

Can't blame you for that. His scenes with Kurt were really good.

So much wasted Kurtbastian potential...and chemistry. I still find it laughable that the writers plan to promote Seblaine failed horribly and instead launched a new Kurt ship that is probably as big as Klaine, but much less vocal.

The Kurtbastian shippers adore and love Kurt, that's why I love this ship. Every fic I have read Kurt and Sebastain are written as equal. Kurt is written as male and strong, not like some Klaine fics I stopped reading because Kurt was started be written as weak and a bit girlie.

I love Grant.

I always felt on screen he preferred to work with Chris than Darren. Chris gave him so much to work with, Darren nothing.

Kurtbastian would have killed off Klaine for good if it had happened.

They could still do it if they had the guts. I don't think Sebastain would see Kurt as girlie anymore, not the way Kurt has changed.

Blaine has had a downgrade, but Kurt has definitely had an upgrade.

One of my favorites, that I can't remember the name of, was when Kurt and Sebastian get kidnapped, and Kurt proves what a total bad-ass he actually is, and Sebastian grudgingly comes to respect him, and they're friends by the end of it. It was hilarious and kind of dark at the same time.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/11/2013, 10:54 pm

brisallie wrote:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Darren have chemistry with Chris, and actually that why I think he had lots of scenes with him in season 2 and 3. However, the problem I see is they're not leveled when it comes to acting. So either Darren tries to act better, or sadly Chris's acting is brought down.

There was a part of season 3 when I thought that Darren was actually bringing Chris down a bit. Chris just didn't seem to be popping as much in his scenes with Darren as he was in scenes with others in the same episodes. I can't remember exactly when in the last season, but there was a part where their chemistry just seemed really weak.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/11/2013, 10:56 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
bayth wrote:

I hope so, too. However, his show (and Vanessa's) is on a different network, not Fox. I don't know whether that will cause problems.

I hope this means that they'll scrap the "extend senior year" idea . . . but I doubt it.

They should arrange it if it's important enough, and just an episode here and there. For example, Jane was on a couple of episodes of Two and A Half Men while she was on Glee (she had an occassional reoccuring role as Charlie's shrink).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/11/2013, 11:00 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
brisallie wrote:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Darren have chemistry with Chris, and actually that why I think he had lots of scenes with him in season 2 and 3. However, the problem I see is they're not leveled when it comes to acting. So either Darren tries to act better, or sadly Chris's acting is brought down.

There was a part of season 3 when I thought that Darren was actually bringing Chris down a bit. Chris just didn't seem to be popping as much in his scenes with Darren as he was in scenes with others in the same episodes. I can't remember exactly when in the last season, but there was a part where their chemistry just seemed really weak.

I think their chemistry is hit and miss. It's strongest when they're having fun and are able to act like teenagers. I thought it was pretty good in season 2 and the beginning of season 3, but after TFT, it seemed to be nonexistent. It was good during Heart and the end of DWS, and in Prom-a-saurus. I thought it was very good in I Do, which would explain why the Klainers were so rabid. It was good in Wonder-ful too, but I didn't get a romantic vibe from it.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 5/11/2013, 11:49 pm

For characters to have chemistry they have to interact. As Kurt doesn't have a POV when in scenes with Blaine, so how can he have chemistry? When they first dated, we saw Kurt's heart. How he was so happy to have a boy sing to him, find out said boy was gay. To have him buy him coffee. To admit to Mr. Schue that he was in love with him. To have his first emotionally positive kiss. Kurt was blissfully happy. Then it because all about Blaine's POV only. Him questioning if he were bisexual. (well, that happened before they were dating, but he was aware of Kurt's feelings) Him allowing Sebastian to flirt with him, and even when Kurt voiced his dislike of Sebastian he defended him. His only slushy came because he had to "protect" his boyfriend from the guy who wanted to cut his boyfriend out of his life. Even now, we get Blaine's POV endlessly, even to the extent that he is so self-unaware that he finds nothing wrong with his desire for his bestie (and allowing Tina to crush madly on him) but seems to think he is totally in love with Kurt. He is reaching Brittney levels of stupid, but no one will call it that on the show. Blaine should get what he wants, always, and also like Brittney, he should never be required to do anything to attain it. By his very existence, he deserves it.

Where Kurt by his very existence doesn't seem to deserve anything, or he isn't allowed to keep for himself what he gets. Vogue was simply to allow the girls to wear beautiful dresses. He gets a boyfriend, who immediately disappears. He wins the challenge, but since Rachel suffered nothing negative, we can assume that Kurt never really got anything positive, except putting down the sycophants.

Good actors on this show must be punished (except Rachel) because they bring the drama and pathos in their pain. The bad actors are just handed stuff, because that is easier than watch them trying to painfully emote.

W

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/12/2013, 12:10 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:
brisallie wrote:

I think their chemistry is hit and miss. It's strongest when they're having fun and are able to act like teenagers. I thought it was pretty good in season 2 and the beginning of season 3, but after TFT, it seemed to be nonexistent. It was good during Heart and the end of DWS, and in Prom-a-saurus. I thought it was very good in I Do, which would explain why the Klainers were so rabid. It was good in Wonder-ful too, but I didn't get a romantic vibe from it.

You're right, is a hit and miss. And you know what's funny, I see them being more goofy and kinda flirtatious around to each other as friends, than as a couple. And is something that everyone has noticed, that why people has wondered why there were so few (or non existent) romantic moments between them while were a couple. And personally I can't ripped of from my mind when Cory and Mark were "Klaine", they acted more like a couple. Though I'm sure they were just making fun of it.

@Jelly, I may be wrong, but probably at some point during season 3, Chris was already tired of Klaine or the lack of plot they were having. So probably that was transmitted through screen.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/12/2013, 2:23 am

I still don't want to believe his possible dislike for Klaine transmitted through screen, that is exactly what some Blainers and Klainers were blaming him for but I think Chris is too big professional for that. On the other side they think Darren do so much for the couple just because he has the one "puppy dog eyes" look all the time.

I actually don't think chemistry is that much about acting... I saw plenty of chemistry between characters in the past on different shows even if not everyone of those actors were great actors. Chris also has great chemistry (even if not romantic) for example with Amber on the show and she is not exactly the best actress either.

I think Klaine had the best chemistry in the beginning (before they there even together) during BICO times and then it got worse and worse and worse, expecially in season 3. I think the fact that they made Blaine younger and started to dress him totally differently and basically absolutely changed his character hurt them alot. There dialogues (if they had any) were also mostly terrible written, I don't know teenagers who talk like them. They were made into sweet innocent little asexual ponies... Also who gives his teenage boyfriend monogramed towel?

I love Kurtbastian in fics also because they banter and tease alot, they are not that sickly sugary... I actually always thought (at least from the way Kurt used to be written) he would be this kind of way with his bf, little snarky (not in the bad way). And I think these kinda dynamic work much better on the screen (like Castle and Beckett for example) than just sweet sweet couple with puppy dog eyes.

So im not sure how much their lack of chemistry is caused by the actors themselves and how much by the material they got. There are actors who just look at each other and you see the spark between them and I think Darren and Chris definitely are not the case. But with better material they maybe would have been alot of better at least. I am also not sure if the chemistry with Grant was because Chris and Grant have that much chemistry or it was because the duel of words they were given. But I would definitely love to see more of Kurtbastian dynamic. So much fun.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/12/2013, 3:25 am

I personally don't know anything about Grant, I just enjoyed him on the show and read few of his interviews but I've just remembered what bothered me about him a little bit was the fact he called Chris by his last name while the others by their first name. He was like " Darren and Colfer said..." or "I got to work with Darren, Colfer and Naya...". I think they got alog well based on their tweets but it was weird.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/12/2013, 3:37 am

arina wrote:I personally don't know anything about Grant, I just enjoyed him on the show and read few of his interviews but I've just remembered what bothered me about him a little bit was the fact he called Chris by his last name while the others by their first name. He was like " Darren and Colfer said..." or "I got to work with Darren, Colfer and Naya...". I think they got alog well based on their tweets but it was weird.

Maybe it was like a term of endearment or teasing? I sometimes do that to my friends and it annoys the piss out of them, but I love teasing them. After a whole, thu just start to roll their eyes and go along with it. Grant states specifically that he thought Chris was "a beautiful man" and always sends him nice tweets for his accomplishments, so I don't think they have any problems with each other.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/12/2013, 3:45 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:
arina wrote:I personally don't know anything about Grant, I just enjoyed him on the show and read few of his interviews but I've just remembered what bothered me about him a little bit was the fact he called Chris by his last name while the others by their first name. He was like " Darren and Colfer said..." or "I got to work with Darren, Colfer and Naya...". I think they got alog well based on their tweets but it was weird.

Maybe it was like a term of endearment or teasing? I sometimes do that to my friends and it annoys the piss out of them, but I love teasing them. After a whole, thu just start to roll their eyes and go along with it. Grant states specifically that he thought Chris was "a beautiful man" and always sends him nice tweets for his accomplishments, so I don't think they have any problems with each other.
Like I said, I really don't think they had any problem with each other, I just always noticed it in those few interviews I read or heard with him.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/12/2013, 3:47 am

arina wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

Like I said, I really don't think they had any problem with each other, I just always noticed it in those few interviews I read or heard with him.

Well, Grants kind of an oddball so I never really take what he says too seriously. Razz
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 5/12/2013, 4:12 am

arina wrote:I've just remembered what bothered me about him a little bit was the fact he called Chris by his last name while the others by their first name. He was like " Darren and Colfer said..." or "I got to work with Darren, Colfer and Naya...". I think they got alog well based on their tweets but it was weird.
Same. He still does this and it always strikes me as weird and even a little bit condescending, like he was a teacher reprimanding a schoolboy. I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean it that way, but that's how it comes across to me and I don't like it.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/12/2013, 4:22 am

glimmerle wrote:
arina wrote:I've just remembered what bothered me about him a little bit was the fact he called Chris by his last name while the others by their first name. He was like " Darren and Colfer said..." or "I got to work with Darren, Colfer and Naya...". I think they got alog well based on their tweets but it was weird.
Same. He still does this and it always strikes me as weird and even a little bit condescending, like he was a teacher reprimanding a schoolboy. I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean it that way, but that's how it comes across to me and I don't like it.

I was also thinking that maybe it was a way for him to not get his and Darren's names confused. The only scenes he had with Chris involved Darren as well and since Darren's last name is Criss, maybe calling Chris 'Colfer' was a way to establish who exactly he was talking about.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/12/2013, 4:53 am

Well IIRC Grant did twitter to Chris that he thought "Let's have a Kiki" was one of the best things Glee had ever done, so I do think he has a lot of respect for Chris talent.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/12/2013, 8:39 am

Sigh, just reading the Kurtbastian discussion makes me emotional. They could have done so much. I agree kurtbastian fics portray them as equals, which is missing so much in Glee and between Kurt and Blaine. It is staggering how much they hold Chris back because Darren's position in the show may suffer. S4 has already proven that Darren fails to get the critical acclaim and love from the GA without Chris saving him.

I am terrified for S5 and what it may mean for Kurt as I am convinced Glee will go the extra mile to save Blaine as character. That Fox pisses off Kurt Fans, who also don't seem to matter, are non-existinal problems. I really won't continue to watch the destruction of Kurt.

I do not know Grant well enough to judge him, but he is a good actor and has amazing chemistry with Chris. That is more then enough for me to want him back in the show.

They'd really do it and connect him with Kurt. It would make me watch again and even though I am still discussing Glee, I won't watch next season. There is nothing left to enjoy anymore, incl sadly Kurt who just doesn't exist anymore, so during the Summer I need major reasons to switch back on. Kurtbastian would get me back in seconds.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/12/2013, 8:48 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Sigh, just reading the Kurtbastian discussion makes me emotional. They could have done so much. I agree kurtbastian fics portray them as equals, which is missing so much in Glee and between Kurt and Blaine. It is staggering how much they hold Chris back because Darren's position in the show may suffer. S4 has already proven that Darren fails to get the critical acclaim and love from the GA without Chris saving him.

I am terrified for S5 and what it may mean for Kurt as I am convinced Glee will go the extra mile to save Blaine as character. That Fox pisses off Kurt Fans, who also don't seem to matter, are non-existinal problems. I really won't continue to watch the destruction of Kurt.

I do not know Grant well enough to judge him, but he is a good actor and has amazing chemistry with Chris. That is more then enough for me to want him back in the show.

They'd really do it and connect him with Kurt. It would make me watch again and even though I am still discussing Glee, I won't watch next season. There is nothing left to enjoy anymore, incl sadly Kurt who just doesn't exist anymore, so during the Summer I need major reasons to switch back on. Kurtbastian would get me back in seconds.

I adore Adam, but for all we know Oliver might have other offers or doesn't want to come back to Glee.

I think a lot of fans that love Kurt would return if there was no way of Klaine getting back together.

Hell, I would start loving this show again if Kurtbastian did happen. But RIB won't do it and if they did Blaine would disappear into the background which they don't want. And they would wreck it anyway. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 25 3181402168
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/12/2013, 10:45 am

Unfortunately with these writers every couple and basically every storyline these days would suck. I hate when writers don't have their own ideas and take they ideas from fans but sometimes I wish RIB would actually read some really good fanfiction and learn something from it. It's unbelievable how much better stories with continuity and good characterization can write unprofessional writers and some of them are no even adults.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/12/2013, 12:41 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:Sigh, just reading the Kurtbastian discussion makes me emotional. They could have done so much. I agree kurtbastian fics portray them as equals, which is missing so much in Glee and between Kurt and Blaine. It is staggering how much they hold Chris back because Darren's position in the show may suffer. S4 has already proven that Darren fails to get the critical acclaim and love from the GA without Chris saving him.

I adore Adam, but for all we know Oliver might have other offers or doesn't want to come back to Glee.

I think a lot of fans that love Kurt would return if there was no way of Klaine getting back together.

Hell, I would start loving this show again if Kurtbastian did happen. But RIB won't do it and if they did Blaine would disappear into the background which they don't want. And they would wreck it anyway. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 25 3181402168

I'd love for them to bring back Sebastian, or Dave, so that Kurt could play against them. I'd also love them to play off of Chris and Ashley Fink's real-life friendship and bring Lauren back. Perhaps to NYC, so she and he could be snarky roommates.

I don't think Lauren would require Kurt to be her "prop." She'd be too busy wrestling and studying to become a tough-as-nails social-worker. Hm.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/12/2013, 12:42 pm

arina wrote:Unfortunately with these writers every couple and basically every storyline these days would suck. I hate when writers don't have their own ideas and take they ideas from fans but sometimes I wish RIB would actually read some really good fanfiction and learn something from it. It's unbelievable how much better stories with continuity and good characterization can write unprofessional writers and some of them are no even adults.

Yeah. It is hard to write a long story, though, that is consistant and not at all forced or padded through novel-length. That's what I hope to accomplish someday.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next