Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

+28
sahhar
TimF
AnneNeville
colfhummel
rooszie
Delight
SippyCupofLuv
tanita_mors
Buenos
Ireth
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
Lottie2303
opals
Ranwing
Divalicious
glimmerle
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
brisallie
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
sheny
ColferGirl
ColferInspired
bayth
fantastica
32 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 26 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  tanita_mors 5/12/2013, 4:40 pm

for me the biggest problem is that darren and chris lack sexual chemistry which i find rather important when you are trying to portray a believable couple. now, part of it is natural chemistry which some actors do/don't have but the rest can be supplemented by rigorous reversals. that is one of glee's biggest problems, i doubt the cast ever reverse any of their scenes anymore.

i recently watched the first 3 season of "bad girls" a british drama set in a female prison. the top paring of the show is a lesbian one, a wrongfully imprisoned lesbian who killed a cop who tried to rape her girlfriend and the new wing governor (who was presented as heterosexual about to get married to her long time boyfriend). i'm not a mayor fem-slash shipper (maybe if the chemistry is so off the charts), but i have never shipped a couple so much i like did those two women, because their onscreen chemistry was electrifying. and they achieved it by rigorous reversals so everything would ring true and right on screen.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 26 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  sheny 5/13/2013, 9:29 am

Fox Schedule: 'Glee' Gets Midseason Break; Tuesdays Add Male Comedy

On Thursdays, Glee’s fifth season will take a break come midseason when Fox slots Kinnear’s House-like drama Rake, with the Ryan Murphy musical returning in the spring and stretching into the summer as Fox’s schedule transitions to feature more year-round original scripted fare.

THURSDAY
8-9 p.m. THE X FACTOR Results (fall)/AMERICAN IDOL Results (midseason)
9-10 p.m. GLEE (fall)/RAKE (new; midseason)

source

It looks like they will turn Glee into a summer show and probably follow Blaine, Sam, Tina and the Newbies during their summer vacations. Congratulations everyone we are never going to get NY only show. The hiatus will begin right after graduation and the only people who will get storyline and screen time will be the those MCKinley idiots.
Don't mind be I just don't expect anything good from this show anymore. Maybe I'm wrong and NY will get more focus the second half of the sason.
We will have to wait only one year to find out.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/13/2013, 9:49 am

sheny wrote:

On Thursdays, Glee’s fifth season will take a break come midseason when Fox slots Kinnear’s House-like drama Rake, with the Ryan Murphy musical returning in the spring and stretching into the summer as Fox’s schedule transitions to feature more year-round original scripted fare.

THURSDAY

source

It looks like they will turn Glee into a summer show and probably follow Blaine, Sam, Tina and the Newbies during their summer vacations. Congratulations everyone we are never going to get NY only show. The hiatus will begin right after graduation and the only people who will get storyline and screen time will be the those MCKinley idiots.
Don't mind be I just don't expect anything good from this show anymore. Maybe I'm wrong and NY will get more focus the second half of the sason.

So...wait. Does that mean they're going to end the first half winter and they're going to have a 4 month hiatus? And I'm pretty sure they'll follow NY second half. Fox made it very clear which side they prefer, as do the ratings.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 5/13/2013, 9:56 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:
sheny wrote:

THURSDAY

source

So...wait. Does that mean they're going to end the first half winter and they're going to have a 4 month hiatus? And I'm pretty sure they'll follow NY second half. Fox made it very clear which side they prefer, as do the ratings.

Yes, that's exactly what it means. I hope you are right, but I was so disappointed this season to hope for something good next season.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/13/2013, 10:02 am

This will kill the show for sure. The fall episodes till Christmas will be Lima heavy, with Nationals and graduation. We'll be lucky if we see Kurt at all, besides maybe being a prop to Rachel and her 'Funny Girl' storyline. Then there will be 3-4 months nothing and then, hopefully but not certainly, a complete focus on New York in the spring and summer? We will have to wait an entire year for Kurt and New York? :angry:

By the time Glee comes back there will be noone to come back to, as 1) the GA will have forgotten about it and the fans of the old (NY) characters will have given up if they have to wait a whole year(!) for their favorites to return, 2) the fall episodes with the graduation will feel like a natural closure of the show so a new start in New York will feel like another show noone will recognize anymore, 3) who even remembers what happened 4 months prior?, and 4) who watches television in the summer?

This is a horrible idea all around. Evil or Very Mad
Bad, bad news. :(
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/13/2013, 10:27 am

How are they logistically going to do this? Graduation will have happened when the show returns in April next year. Will the New York side time then have moved only one month when the show returns in a year?!

And will they then show May till August during the summer episodes, with Blaine and Artie (and who knows else) moving to New York in the summer, so season 6 can start in September again?
Ludicrous. notall
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/13/2013, 10:29 am

Translation: Glee just commited suicide.

But out of curiosity, where do you guys get the information they will follow those characters into the summer break?
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/13/2013, 10:31 am

sheny wrote:

THURSDAY

source

Though wait . . . if they are taking a four-month long hiatus mid-season, maybe that means they WILL be moving production to NYC after graduation? Please?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/13/2013, 10:38 am

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 26 Tumblr_mmqo7f79vY1r4ezfzo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/13/2013, 10:41 am

Here's another source:

On Thursdays, Glee's fifth season will take a break come midseason when Fox slots Kinnear's House-like drama Rake, with the Ryan Murphy musical returning in the spring and stretching into the summer as Fox's schedule transitions to feature more year-round original scripted fare.

What I don't quite know is when "fall", "midseason", and "spring" fall in the TV calendar. How long is this break? Does RAKE have (for example) a half-season order (12-13 episodes)? Or is the break even longer than three months?

I wonder how the timeline will work. I'm doubting we'll lose NYC during the fall, but I'm hoping we will lose McKinley come spring. I am hoping this is my wild prediction of production moving to NYC happening, though I guess that is highly unlikely unless Fox forced Ryan's hand.

Last edited by AnneNeville on 5/13/2013, 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/13/2013, 10:42 am

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 26 Tumblr_mmqohmmV371r4ezfzo1_500

I don't know what the hell is going on. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 26 4029858209
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/13/2013, 10:45 am

ColferInspired wrote:
I don't know what the hell is going on. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 26 4029858209

We are seeing what a hard time Ryan had getting the show renewed at all, perhaps?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/13/2013, 10:47 am

I've been thinking about this. The problem with this season was that the time between production and air was incredibly short so they usually had a half-assed product finished by the time they needed to air it. Maybe with this 4 month hiatus, it will give everyone more time. More time for the writers to write coherent storylines, more time for the editors and directors to bring it together. This might actually be a really good thing!
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/13/2013, 10:47 am

All those news... I feel really dumb right now. I don't understand anything. What the heck is happening and who confirmed this mess? blinkk
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/13/2013, 10:49 am

AnneNeville wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:

We are seeing what a hard time Ryan had getting the show renewed at all, perhaps?

I knew I had a reason for dreading the upfronts.

I hope this means Chris can get busy with other projects.

I also predicted that Kurt won't be in episode 1 and am still having that feeling that this is the case.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/13/2013, 10:51 am

ColferInspired wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:

I also predicted that Kurt won't be in episode 1 and am still having that feeling that this is the case.

After that failure of a finale, they'll probably put him in there just so fans will watch it, but he'll most likely be a prop and won't do anything.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/13/2013, 10:55 am

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 26 Tumblr_mmqp04ffBa1r4ezfzo1_500

This is what Reilly said he wanted when he said he wanted New York. Looks like they came to a compromise. Ryan gets what he wants, Fox get what they want.

Fox are idiots. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 26 3181402168
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/13/2013, 10:56 am

ColferInspired wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:

I think he will be. I *do* think they are going to follow through on picking up right where they left off, even if it means just showing everyone walk out of the choir room. And perhaps Will and Emma will go on their honeymoon and Finn will take over again. ;-)

I think there will be some NYC in the fall--probably as much as there is right now. After the hiatus, the balance between NYC and Ohio will flip, if McKinley doesn't disappear.

Turning the show into a year-round scripted show (ie, not following the academic year) suggests that as very likely.

If they are smart, they will, perhaps, jump in time to winter (so the calendars match) and show Rachel returning from an out-of-town run, perhaps newly promoted to Fanny a la Sutton Foster in Millie, and having to take Broadway by storm. With the help of her minions.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/13/2013, 10:56 am

Lesley Goldberg ‏@Snoodit
Reilly: Two-season pickup for #Glee doesn't signify final run; there will continue to be graduations, "New York is a next step." #Upfronts

Marisa Roffman ‏@marisaroffman
Kevin Reilly says the "core fans" of #Glee were really happy with the season. (smajli)

Reilly says goal with #Glee is to air uninterrupted when it returns in the spring after January hiatus and avoid repeats. #Upfronts

Jarett Wieselman ‏@JarettSays
"As far a I know, I'm coming back full-time," - Jane Lynch re: #Glee

Jamie Steinberg ‏@NotYerAvgChick
.@GLEEonFOX fans @FoxTV says they don't know if S5 & S6 means it's close to an end, but more a sign of @MrRPMurphy's writing talent. #Glee (vomit2)

.@GLEEonFOX fans @FoxTV says for S5 there will be progression in storyline, graduations happen, New York exploration & more mini arcs. #Glee

@mjsbigblog: #XFactor and #Glee will premiere 2 weeks early. Will try to keep both on an uninterrupted schedule in the fall.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 5/13/2013, 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/13/2013, 10:57 am

ColferInspired wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 26 Tumblr_mmqp04ffBa1r4ezfzo1_500

This is what Reilly said he wanted when he said he wanted New York. Looks like they came to a compromise. Ryan gets what he wants, Fox get what they want.

Fox are idiots. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 26 3181402168

Perhaps. Or perhaps this is what they had to do to get a renewal/what they wanted at all?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/13/2013, 10:58 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:

After that failure of a finale, they'll probably put him in there just so fans will watch it, but he'll most likely be a prop and won't do anything.

That is even worse. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 26 3181402168

Maybe Chris can do that world book tour everyone wants. It's not like they would need him all that much then. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 26 650269930
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/13/2013, 10:58 am

You know it's sad when the show has to promise that there will be "story progression." ::sigh::

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/13/2013, 11:01 am

Leanne Aguilera ‏@leanneaguilera 17m

Uuummmmmmmmmmmmmm. False. RT @marisaroffman Kevin Reilly says the "core fans" of #Glee were really happy with the season.
Not. Jeez, they are lying through their teeth.

Marisa Roffman ‏@marisaroffman 1m
Kevin Reilly's #Glee comment caused so many outraged fans to @ reply that my twitter app on BB actually restarted. #poweroffans
Hahahahahahahahahaa, lol. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Glorfindel on 5/13/2013, 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/13/2013, 11:02 am

ColferInspired wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 26 3181402168

Maybe Chris can do that world book tour everyone wants. It's not like they would need him all that much then. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 26 650269930

I think they will use him just as much as they've used him this year, at least in the fall. They need to keep NYC going to set up for the NYC-heavy spring-through-summer.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/13/2013, 11:03 am

Glorfindel wrote:Lesley Goldberg ‏@Snoodit
Reilly: Two-season pickup for #Glee doesn't signify final run; there will continue to be graduations, "New York is a next step." #Upfronts

Marisa Roffman ‏@marisaroffman
Kevin Reilly says the "core fans" of #Glee were really happy with the season. (General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 26 1714048759)

Reilly says goal with #Glee is to air uninterrupted when it returns in the spring after January hiatus and avoid repeats. #Upfronts

Jarett Wieselman ‏@JarettSays
"As far a I know, I'm coming back full-time," - Jane Lynch re: #Glee

.@GLEEonFOX fans @FoxTV says they don't know if S5 & S6 means it's close to an end, but more a sign of @MrRPMurphy's writing talent. #Glee (General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 26 2048237024)

.@GLEEonFOX fans @FoxTV says for S5 there will be progression in storyline, graduations happen, New York exploration & more mini arcs. #Glee

@mjsbigblog: #XFactor and #Glee will premiere 2 weeks early. Will try to keep both on an uninterrupted schedule in the fall.

Is Reilly on drugs or is he just dumb.

The core fans were not happy with this season. Go onto tumblr and elsewhere on the internet you stupid moron Reilly. Why they hell were the ratings so bad.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next