Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

+28
sahhar
TimF
AnneNeville
colfhummel
rooszie
Delight
SippyCupofLuv
tanita_mors
Buenos
Ireth
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
Lottie2303
opals
Ranwing
Divalicious
glimmerle
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
brisallie
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
sheny
ColferGirl
ColferInspired
bayth
fantastica
32 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 32 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  dap1217 5/17/2013, 6:58 am

^
The third one is Blaine's It's Time dryy
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 32 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  ColdFlame96 5/17/2013, 7:33 am

dap1217 wrote:^

One of the few solos he did this season that I actually liked.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/17/2013, 7:56 am

Agreed, 'It's Time' was a good Blaine solo. But still only 3 songs is mindblowingly bad.

Glee will never be nominated in any Emmy categories but at least they chose a few Kurt-heavy ones. They should also add 'make-Over'. I thought it was one of the stronger episodes this season.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/17/2013, 8:39 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Agreed, 'It's Time' was a good Blaine solo. But still only 3 songs is mindblowingly bad.

Glee will never be nominated in any Emmy categories but at least they chose a few Kurt-heavy ones. They should also add 'make-Over'. I thought it was one of the stronger episodes this season.

I liked that episode but not everyone is a fan of Hummelberry, so it got mixed reviews overall.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/17/2013, 8:46 am

^I think 'Make-Over' mostly got mixed reviews because the Vogue storyline and the song in it was so contrived and 'fake'/unrealistic (when the New York part of Glee was supposed to be more 'realistic' and serious), plus there was this stupid Presidency plt going on as well, and the songs in that storyline were absolutely cringeworthy.

To my knowledge Hummelberry is a big fan favorite, hence why Kurt and Rachel almost got their own spin-off.

What they should add to the Emmy-list is 'Diva'.

Oh yes, I remember. It was his first song in the new season (with a 3.1 rating compared to te 2.0 of the finale), and a pop song to boot.

Well, they weren't able to keep that feeling of "OMG, a new Glee season, I'm so excited I'm gonna buy all the songs!" for very long, were they? Even Blaine's fans couldn't get his songs to chart after the first episode, when Glee still had appr. 7,5 million viewers. Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/17/2013, 8:53 am

Glorfindel wrote:^I think 'Make-Over' mostly got mixed reviews because the Vogue storyline and the song in it was so contrived and 'fake'/unrealistic (when the New York part of Glee was supposed to be more 'realistic' and serious), plus there was this stupid Presidency plt going on as well, and the songs in that storyline were absolutely cringeworthy.

To my knowledge Hummelberry is a big fan favorite, hence why Kurt and Rachel almost got their own spin-off.

What they should add to the Emmy-list is 'Diva'.

Oh yes, I remember. It was his first song in the new season (with a 3.1 rating compared to te 2.0 of the finale), and a pop song to boot.

Well, they weren't able to keep that feeling of "OMG, a new Glee season, I'm so excited I'm gonna buy all the songs!" for very long, were they? Even Blaine's fans couldn't get his songs to chart after the first episode, when Glee still had appr. 7,5 million viewers. Rolling Eyes

I liked the Vogue storyline and the song. blushh

I wouldn't put Diva. That episode wasn't that great, except for Hummelberry. I did, however, like GABOF. There was some pretty great acting from everyone in it: Chris, Lea, Naya, Oliver, Cory, Matt, and Jayma.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/17/2013, 9:25 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:
I wouldn't put Diva. That episode wasn't that great, except for Hummelberry. I did, however, like GABOF. There was some pretty great acting from everyone in it: Chris, Lea, Naya, Oliver, Cory, Matt, and Jayma.

And don't forget the 1345 pointless McKinley songs in GABOF.

I know we didn't like it because of no NY, but the super hero episode got a lot of critical acclaim, if I remember correctly.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/17/2013, 9:39 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

And don't forget the 1345 pointless McKinley songs in GABOF.

I know we didn't like it because of no NY, but the super hero episode got a lot of critical acclaim, if I remember correctly.

Maybe so, but if you're going to go off of that, then the only episodes that have a chance are TBU, Grease, Thanksgiving, and Shooting Star.

Wonder-ful got pretty great reviews. Most of the reviews I read were pleasantly surprised by that one. And the songs they did were actually relevant. Razz
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/17/2013, 10:10 am

I liked the Make-Over. I thought it has a very nice mix of comedic elements. But you guys are right, it isn't a Emmy episode

Can someone remind me what 'Feud' was all about? I cannot remember the episode right now... Was it about Kurt and Rachel and their Diva Off? That was a good epsiode.

I am in the minority but I really liked 'Dynamic Duets' and it is the only epsiode I can think ff where I actually liked Blaine. Yeah, I’ll dug a hole now and hide from you lot Wink.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/17/2013, 10:40 am

Lottie2303 wrote:I liked the Make-Over. I thought it has a very nice mix of comedic elements. But you guys are right, it isn't a Emmy episode

Can someone remind me what 'Feud' was all about? I cannot remember the episode right now... Was it about Kurt and Rachel and their Diva Off? That was a good epsiode.

I am in the minority but I really liked 'Dynamic Duets' and it is the only epsiode I can think ff where I actually liked Blaine. Yeah, I’ll dug a hole now and hide from you lot Wink.

The episode you're thinking of is Diva. Dynamic Duets was cracktastic! I don't know what the writers were smoking when they made that episode, honestly. I was just glad to see Grant Gustin again. That's all I focused on. And honestly, I thought Blaine and Darren's acting were both cringeworthy, but we all see things differently. saispa
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/17/2013, 10:49 am

Oh, okay. What the heck was Feud about again??!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/17/2013, 10:52 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Oh, okay. What the heck was Feud about again??!

The newbies, Santana, and Finn. It was a useless episode. It was just...bad. Did not like.

ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/17/2013, 10:56 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:

The newbies, Santana, and Finn. It was a useless episode. It was just...bad. Did not like.

Bitch took my pillow!

ETA: The Finn/Schue mashup of *NSYNC and Backstreet Boys was good though.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/17/2013, 10:59 am

"He's a coldhearted snake! Look into his eyes! Uh-oh! He's been tellin' lies...." Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/17/2013, 11:18 am

it doesn't matter what they submit, they ain't getting nominated for anything. even the "best" episodes of this season don't come close to preggers, duets, grilled cheeses, sectionals, born this way and alike. frankly, the only episode i would even consider is "the break up". it has really strong acting from most and music that i liked for the most part.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/17/2013, 11:21 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

Bitch took my pillow!

I literally only remember that quote from the episode! Everything else: I have a blank mind.

ETA: Why on earth this epsiode??! Nothing really happened!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/17/2013, 11:29 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

Bitch took my pillow!

2 minutes can not make up for the 40 minutes of bad.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/17/2013, 11:58 am

^True.

'Feud' was about all these people having fights with one another (Will<>Finn, Unique<>Ryder, Blaine<>Sue, Santana<>Brody). I hardly remember it, tbh.

And I just discovered that besides the things that happened in the New York side I forgot most of what happened at Lima in the episodes. I know what Kurt did in 'Guilty Pleasures' (bf pillow), but I honestly can't remember what happened at McKinley. And that goes for 90% of the episodes this season. To compare: ask me anything about seasons 1,2 and even 3, and I know when and where it was said and who said it in which episode. Season 4? Besides the Kurt stuff.....blank. blinkk

BTW @Lottie: I liked the Vogue storyline in 'Make-Over' too, very much so even, but I remember some criticism from reviewers and on GF about Kurt getting an internship that easily plus breaking into the Vogue vault being unrealistic. Of course: that criticism could be easily silenced after 'Dynamic Duets' aired. I hated the superhero stuff.

I agree with Ivana that TBU is about the only good episode to submit for the Emmy, the rest was just not good enough. Maybe 'Wonder-ful' too, because that episode had a good use of songs and a reasonable flow and continuity. When you look at it by Glee standards, that is. hapitgh
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/17/2013, 1:52 pm

I really liked Wonder-ful. Just the right amount of emotion and comedy.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/17/2013, 2:35 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I really liked Wonder-ful. Just the right amount of emotion and comedy.

And lots of Kurt Smile

Umm I'm trying to think what episodes like from this season and the Break-Up is the first that came to my mind, because the acting was good, the song choice also was good.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/17/2013, 2:38 pm

As much as I love Chris, he doesn't deserve a nomination. This season wasn't strong and other shows were simply better.

But anyway, Glee won't be nominated. Not even in one category. But agreed maybe 'wonder-ful' would have a chance. At least it has a lot of Kurt.

I am still very perplexed about 'Feud'. WHY???! I still cannot remember that episode.

ETA: It is that bullshit episode of 'Stay away from my future wife!" OMG!!! Really??! beam vomir saispa koolaid
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/17/2013, 2:40 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:...

I am still very perplexed about 'Feud'. WHY???! I still cannot remember that episode.

Don't you remember anything from that episode? not at all? What about BSB/NSYNC mashup? Cold Hearted snake? Bitch took my pillow? Sue singing Nicky Minaj? (love that)
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/17/2013, 2:48 pm

brisallie wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:...

Don't you remember anything from that episode? not at all? What about BSB/NSYNC mashup? Cold Hearted snake? Bitch took my pillow? Sue singing Nicky Minaj? (love that)

That episode was awful and forgettable. I don't like Nicki Minaj and I thought Sue doing her songs was really odd... And not in a good way.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/17/2013, 2:58 pm

Ahh, I stoppend 10 minutes in and watched the Kurt edit. But I remember I was so bored during those 10 minutes.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/17/2013, 4:17 pm

haven't watched a whole episode since the kurt/rachel sing off. there's nothing to watch aside from a few kurt moment. there are so few of him and nothing for him to act on, so no emmy possibility whatsoever. even if somebody has some emmy worthy moments nobody in the emmy commitee is watching this show anymore, so nobody will get nominated.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next