Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

+28
sahhar
TimF
AnneNeville
colfhummel
rooszie
Delight
SippyCupofLuv
tanita_mors
Buenos
Ireth
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
Lottie2303
opals
Ranwing
Divalicious
glimmerle
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
brisallie
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
sheny
ColferGirl
ColferInspired
bayth
fantastica
32 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/8/2013, 11:33 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:There will not be a season 3 of the glee project.

Thank God. While I like the idea of finding another Chris Colfer (aka, giving a truly talented, worthy kid a shot at making their dreams come true), TGP members haven't really added anything of substance to the show. They've just sucked up songs, storylines and screentime and dectracted away from the original cast. The cast has been bloated for too long anyway. They need to downsize.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/8/2013, 11:35 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:I've never heard of an ankle fetish... Shocked
I have an ankle fetish..... phr34r unsure blushh
(but I don't like Darren's ankles: too angular)

But I also have a collar bone and jaw fetish, so I guess I just like to sink my teeth in a bone, lol. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 14 Eating-drumstick

Chris must drive you crazy with his amazing bone structure then, huh? Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/9/2013, 2:22 am

They have enough actors anyway and don't need more. Thank God they are not producing a third season.

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  rooszie 4/9/2013, 3:18 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:There will not be a season 3 of the glee project.

Thank God. While I like the idea of finding another Chris Colfer (aka, giving a truly talented, worthy kid a shot at making their dreams come true), TGP members haven't really added anything of substance to the show. They've just sucked up songs, storylines and screentime and dectracted away from the original cast. The cast has been bloated for too long anyway. They need to downsize.

Agree the idea was good, in order to get new triple treads. But the execution was not, they should not have let them sing and dance only but also acting. They would not have found a other Chris, but in any case new triple treads. If finding of good triple treads had been the target from the beginning, it could have worked.
rooszie
rooszie
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/9/2013, 6:36 am

I always wondered about the lack of acting involved during TGP. I mean having a nice voice and dance skills are nice, but overall you need to act. I mean, they could easily find a great storyline why someone cannot sing, but having a great voice does not equal screen presence and talent. No matter how many great songs you sing, eventually the audience won't like the character.

Last edited by Lottie2303 on 4/9/2013, 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/9/2013, 7:08 am

There are enough triple threats in the industry. All they would have to do is go to NYADA-like schools, or Broadway oriented agents. But they don't want to do that because then they would have to give those actors a good contract and pay them a regular salary. I'm sure Melissa, Jacob and Becca were found via normal casting procedures. They are not triple threats, but they all can sing, dance and act at a decent level to good level. It's the bad writing for their characters that makes them so bland in Glee.
Via the TGP they wanted young influenciable actors, preferably amateurs with semi-professional experience, like Chris had when he started on Glee. They want to be able to mould them to what they want, pay them what they want, and have them in a position of gratitude and dependence of RIB, ideally without an agency behind them who will make sure they get a good contract.

The jury of TGP were also not selecting the candidates mainly on their talent level (acting wise), but on how they could fit into Glee, and how their personal life 'inspired' the writers to write for them. It's the most obvious display of actor's bleed I have ever seen, and it's lazy.
Chris also inspired Ryan to write for him when he auditioned, but Ryan only could derive the lay-out of the character Kurt from that 1 audition session and some tapes, maybe 30 minutes of material, not weeks of auditions and project 'challenges' with a camera 24/7 on the candidates. So Kurt turned out to be not like Chris at all, as Ryan only scraped the (outward) surface of who Chris was (or seemed to be at first impression). Chris made Kurt the layered character he soon became, not RIB. It was only later that Ryan started to bleed Chris' personal experiences into the character and Glee.

Another aspect of the Glee Project is free advertising. By the time the winner is announced they already have a fanbase. And Glee will be in the media during the summer hiatus.
The TGP being cancelled now (or rumored to be so) is a good indication that Glee is not doing well right now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jellyrolls wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:I've never heard of an ankle fetish... Shocked
I have an ankle fetish..... phr34r unsure blushh
(but I don't like Darren's ankles: too angular)

But I also have a collar bone and jaw fetish, so I guess I just like to sink my teeth in a bone, lol. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 14 Eating-drumstick

Marie, sometimes you share too much. I'm going to have to start moderating your posts so our members don't have to suffer through them.

On the other hand, this is just further proof that my OTP Mayan (Marie and Ryan) is on!
AAAAArgh! The horror!
If I have to stop posting my personal fetish preferences just so you will never mention Mayan again, I will do so! Don't make me feel sick. vomit2
You are a heartless mod: using torture to get your way. :(

BTW: THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH AN ANKLE FETISH!!! vexe

MoviesAreLife wrote:Chris must drive you crazy with his amazing bone structure then, huh? Wink
Chris' jawline makes me go areu It's perfect. miamiam

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/9/2013, 8:01 am

I'm with you Marie, I think there's nothing wrong of having an ankle fetish, but the problem is we've been traumatized by Ryan and his obsession.

And as regards TGP, some sources say the negotiations are hold, but those people who have seen the show before say that probably is already cancelled, because at this time last year, they would have started to record.

And personally, I think Ryan tried harshly to find people who could inspire the audience, but that's something that came naturally when people feel connected with a character or person. So I'm not sure if work when do you force that situation, so at the end the one chosen on TGP is someone inspired by Ryan, by I'm unsure how much inspire other people.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/9/2013, 8:17 am

brisallie wrote:And as regards TGP, some sources say the negotiations are hold, but those people who have seen the show before say that probably is already cancelled, because at this time last year, they would have started to record.

Honestly, they can't start filming TGP until Glee is renewed--Oxygen is a smaller network, and they can't really spend money on a production for a show that hasn't been renewed yet.

Even if they do renew Glee, it seems late to be getting the production rolling in late April if they are running on the timeline of airing it starting in June.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/9/2013, 9:14 am

Look at this: E!News

At first sight it's about Heather's pregnancy, but then Kristin says that a source told her "There really aren't any plans for next season because we don't know if the 3 main executive producers and creators are returning."
Please, let this be true. bounce
But even regardless if they get fired or not: at least this is another sign that there is a significant battle going on BTS and Fox isn't taking RIB's shit anymore. hiphopa
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/9/2013, 9:30 am

Them not coming back could be a great thing for Glee (fingers crossed).

The show could be salvaged if they tighten up the cast, get rid of all the newbies, and perhaps add a carefully chosen big name to bring in more fans. They have the summer to do some marketing. A NY based show with Chris, Lea, Cory, and Naya as the leads, supported by Darren (wishful thinking on my part, as I'm sure he'll be a lead, but at a minimum, they need to cut them down), Oliver (I still think that a love triangle with Kurt at the apex could be interesting to see), and maybe one or two other, preferably new, other supporting characters.

As I've said, they could get Matt and Jane to NY if they wanted too--Will following his Broadway dreams, and being friend/mentor to the kids, and Sue as a cheerleading coach of a pro sports team with Satana as her star (and a new love interest for Santana on the team as well).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 4/9/2013, 9:36 am

Glorfindel wrote:At first sight it's about Heather's pregnancy, but then Kristin says that a source told her "There really aren't any plans for next season because we don't know if the 3 main executive producers and creators are returning."
Interesting.
Oh, to be a fly on the wall of their conference room!

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 14 Tumblr_m4g0pxSTS71qh5t1ao1_r3_500
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/9/2013, 2:53 pm

Woah, that is major news! No idea what to think of it. We never know the replacement! I learnt the hard way that sometimes the original is better than the replacement. No matter how much you dislike the original (oh, I am so philosophical today).

I just hope in case that happens the new showrunners have a long and good look at the entire fandom and don't continue to pander the same fans/characters.

ETA: It would explain why RIB seems to deadset to destroy the show.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/9/2013, 6:17 pm

I see your point. It is true that RIB have totally messed up their own show, but I still believe that bringing new writers didn't improve anything. Though by other side, I've never been sure how much influenced they have in the meetings, I bet they give ideas but the final decision is up to RIB.

I used to think I didnt care about Glee, and those feelings are still there. But I've realized there's a still a gleek girl inside of me, who want to see the characters I was fond of, having a good ending. Therefore I'd like to see a season five with only 13 episodes, as a way to have a closure as much decently as possible, and obviously focused on NY and my original kids. Because if ends now, everything will be rushed.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/9/2013, 7:21 pm

I don't know how much I trust Kristen, especially since I remember way back when that Ryan signed for 5 years. So next year is covered. If anything, they might be negotiating if they did decide to do a sixth season that Ryan would make himself available. The biggest hindrence at this point is perhaps their lack of compromise in how the 5th season will go, the "bid" Ryan made might not have gone over well. Especially since we've already had pretty much proof positive that the newbies aren't carrying the show as desired. People want Kurt and Rachel, not just a couple of minutes and missing entire episodes. I think that a compromise will be reached, though, because for all their faults RIB has shown some interest in making the audience happy, and wanting closure.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/9/2013, 11:07 pm

Very nervous and excited about these new Glee findings. Things can either go really well, or really badly guys. chuut

I never got why TGP ignored acting ability for the most part. Yes, in a musical, singing and dancing is important, but you cannot ignore acting talent. I guess because, out of the three talents, acting is the hardest one to pin down? Singing is a given, dancing is a given...but acting is so subtle and hard to learn...you either have it, or you don't. Most people think acting is like breathing, but it is actually a skill and it's hard work. No one seems to get that.

Chris can be a male model with his beautiful bone structure, Marie! wub

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 4/10/2013, 1:30 am

Wishing they would hire Eric Stoltz to be a producer/writer. He loves the characters already and I have always enjoyed his episodes.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/10/2013, 1:37 am

bayth wrote:Wishing they would hire Eric Stoltz to be a producer/writer. He loves the characters already and I have always enjoyed his episodes.

I agree,
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/10/2013, 5:06 am

i'm not sure if eric stolz has any writing credits to his name. glee needs experienced writers and show runners if it's to make it long-term. he is primeraly an actor that apparently loves to direct. and he did direct my all time favorite glee episode "duets"
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/10/2013, 10:46 am

bayth wrote:Wishing they would hire Eric Stoltz to be a producer/writer. He loves the characters already and I have always enjoyed his episodes.

I always thought he was?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/10/2013, 12:25 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:

I always thought he was?

Sadly he's only one of the directors.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/10/2013, 3:46 pm

Oh. Well, directors are pretty important too. Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/10/2013, 3:54 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Oh. Well, directors are pretty important too. Wink

True.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/10/2013, 4:51 pm

Speaking of which, I know Chris said he never wants to, but I'd love for him to write and direct (and star in! Wink ) a Glee episode someday.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/10/2013, 5:08 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Speaking of which, I know Chris said he never wants to, but I'd love for him to write and direct (and star in! Wink ) a Glee episode someday.

I agree. If Chris had written an Glee episode after the break-up I have no doubt we would of seen Kurt's side too. Not just Blaine's.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/10/2013, 5:09 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:Speaking of which, I know Chris said he never wants to, but I'd love for him to write and direct (and star in! Wink ) a Glee episode someday.

I agree. If Chris had written an Glee episode after the break-up I have no doubt we would of seen Kurt's side too. Not just Blaine's.

Nah, Chris is too humble. Kurt would probably travel though Mongolia during that episode fanny2 .
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next