Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

+32
ladydianab
BlueJazz
bayth
sjonnepon
Dame Loli
emilynna
MissSoniaPP
brisallie
sheny
coxfire
opals
glimmerle
arina
valkeakuulas
CloveGlee
Ireth
Delight
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
Catt24
Divalicious
ColferGirl
sahhar
M&M
Ranwing
zuppid
fantastica
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
MoviesAreLife
Jellyrolls
36 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 23 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Glorfindel 3/3/2013, 3:51 pm

^I can only think of 1 thing: jealousy. The big 3 became more important to Glee (to the media and fans) than the writing of RIB.

Of course there is the more logical (but less fun) explanation: that RIB wanted the big 3 off the show to start the spin-off, but they cancelled it because of the fan protest storm after Ryan got mouth diarrhea and freaked everyone out by saying that Kurt. Rachel and Finn would graduate and not return in season 4, before the spin-off was revealed. The shit storm made TPTB fear that Glee could not survive without Kurt, Rachel and Finn, and they said no to the spin-off and forced the writers to keep these 3 characters on the show.
That must have pissed RIB off, plus Ryan was already pissed off that the controversy over what Chris said (although he didn't actually say it) of being fired via twitter caused one of his temper tantrums and that's why he moved his interests to other characters and actors.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 23 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  coxfire 3/3/2013, 5:00 pm

tanita_mors wrote:something must have happened between him and chris, lea and cory for murphy to want to drop them like hot potatoes. you don't get rid of the best things your show has (and every single glee fan will agree that they are it) just because it would be logical in a high school setting (when has the baroness ever followed logic), especially when chris was not only the youngest age-wise, but by far the youngest looking.

You silly, everyone knows That BLAINE is the best thing the show has!! How dare you not succumb to his sexymagefoxyawesomeness?? To his faaaaaaabulous voice?? His incredible personnality? He is SUCH a role model!! The hardships he goes through and how he faces them are soooooooo inspiring!!

Fuck Murphy
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/3/2013, 5:43 pm

So I watched the trailer for Darren's movie today (yes I'm a glutton for punishment), and it looks all kinds of awful.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/3/2013, 6:11 pm

If this is all true, then it's very sad...not to mention very unprofessional of Ryan to do. Punish his own actors over what...his own bad behavoir? So, do you think this Blaine/Newbie pushing is just to punish Chris, Lea and Cory...or rather, the fans who protested their being cut from the show after season three? Is this his way of pouting? "FINE, I'll keep them on the show, but...*grumble,grumble*!"

What does he have against Kurt, his most inspirational character? Or against Chris, his most inspirational find? Chris even said he was a fan of Murhpy's work in high school. What happened there? And I thought he loved Lea?

Also, Darren will never be nominated for an Emmy. Oh, please! Rolling Eyes

I can think of something that would fix the show though. He needs to downsize his cast and to keep some of the originals. Then, he needs to go back to writing it the way it was written before...before Blaine, before the new characters, before the Top 40 obsession. I'd like it if he could just split the show into two seperate shows: the original format that he wants, then the NYC spin off for the fans/adults. And if the high school show dies, then let it die. The fans have spoken, but at least we'll still get Chris/Kurt. Smile

Last edited by MoviesAreLife on 3/3/2013, 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/3/2013, 6:15 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:So I watched the trailer for Darren's movie today (yes I'm a glutton for punishment), and it looks all kinds of awful.

When a film starring one of the hottest female comedic actors has this much trouble getting released (and it's well over a year since it had its film festival premeire), that's usually a sign that the studio doesn't have confidence in it. Darren certainly doesn't appear to add anything to it beyond giving them a straight version of Blaine (complete with annoying, soulless singing) to give the fangirls something to coo over.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 3/3/2013, 6:32 pm

Glorfindel wrote:What I don't understand is why TPTB of Fox never stopped him, or at least tempered him. They can read the forums, they know what's out there and how viewers feel about Blee, but they do nothing. I don't get that. Ryan is not that powerful, at least I don't think so.
FOX not only wouldn't stop him, FOX was enabling him to do so. Didn't FOX exec Kevin Reilly talk about wanting to gear the show more towards a younger audience at one of last year's upfronts? About wanting more top 40 and less Broadway? How that was put into practice was up to Murphy and his writers, but you can bet all of them were still pretty much blinded by Darren's success in early and mid season two. So Murphy decided to go with his boy-crush, who still sold better than most other actors on the show at that time, to accomplish that goal. Quality wouldn't matter as long as Mr. Teenage Dream drew in more of a young, mostly female audience and sold his pop songs to them.
And FOX/RIB actually got a lot of positive feedback for it, you just had to look at their twitter feeds. There was no need for them to visit any forums, when fans told them everyday via twitter how much they love Blaine and more recently his friendship with Sam (because it gives him even more importance and screen time). His fans being very vocal and only few people talking about the noobs or other neglected cast members gave Darren even more of a special status, thus even more screen time and songs.
Only over the course of this season dwindling ratings and tanking itunes sales across all musical genres finally indicated a growing fatigue within the general audience. Suddenly Kurt's rendition of a Broadway song charts higher than Blaine's take on a popular Queen song. Episodes full of fan-pandering score series-lows in the demo ratings. The higher ups are getting increasingly uncomfortable and even resort to twitter to encourage people to watch the show. Of course this won't solve the problem, since pandering to the twitter audience was their initial step in the wrong direction that made them lose the general audience and lots of less vocal fans. But maybe the continuing downwards spiral will teach them to look beyond their twitter feeds. I think the audience-survey a while back was an attempt to find out what the viewers actually like and dislike. Maybe they will make the show more diverse again to fight the growing fatigue. I certainly hope so.

Glorfindel wrote:And Blaine isn't even a villain, he is supposed to be the hero. Maybe that only adds to the annoyance?
It definitely does. It's the huge discrepancy between what we actually see on screen and how the show expects us to see it that's so annoying.

Glorfindel wrote:And then of course killing the spin-off like a petulant child who breaks his toys when he gets called out on his bad behavior.
I don't think killing the spin-off was purely Murphy's decision. In the end it was up to FOX to actually order a spin off, and it seems like they just didn't. Or didn't fast enough for Murphy, who was spoiled by getting a three-season-order for Glee early in season one. Murphy would and could hardly say no if they offered him the option to produce and earn money with two shows instead of just one. I tend to think FOX was against or at least reluctant to decide about the spin-off. Maybe because of the last-minute-writing-and-shooting-chaos behind the scenes of Glee, maybe because they were unsure if there was enough of an audience for the ratings to remain stable for both shows (Smash was coming up at that time, too, and seemed to be similar to what a Glee-spin-off could be), maybe just because they always decide pretty late in the season about renewals or spin-offs and by then it was too late to adjust the writing accordingly and the ratings already were too low to risk splitting the show in two. Hell, I wouldn't put it past Murphy if he didn't even talk to FOX about it just like he didn't talk to Lea, Chris and Cory about their fate on the show or to Juillard in NY about being allowed to shoot there despite having publicly claimed to have done so earlier. Maybe FOX never wanted a spin-off to begin with and set him straight as soon as they thought he was carrying things too far in his ramblings interviews. So Murphy and his big ego felt pissed and went ahead saying it was him who scrapped the spin-off (for nebulous reasons I could never fully grasp, but served him well to pin the blame on others), putting himself in the position of the powerful decision maker instead of admitting that his megalomeniac ideas didn't always lead to success and that FOX decided against trusting him with another show, when he barely managed to keep the one he already had afloat.

tanita_mors wrote:something must have happened between him and chris, lea and cory for murphy to want to drop them like hot potatoes. you don't get rid of the best things your show has
His ego came between them. Because continuing the show focused on Lea, Chris and Cory would have ment admitting it wasn't his initial choir room concept the audience had fallen in love with and that was crucial for the success of the show, but three young actors. Because it would have ment those three were in a position to make demands instead of him being the one dictating how his show was run. I think he wanted to get rid of them because they threatened his position of absolute power, but FOX wouldn't let him. Now, with an overcrowded cast and the split narrative, he always has a convenient tool to put pressure on anyone getting too big, because he can threaten them with shifting the focus on the other half of the show and letting them fade into the background, letting their careers wither for lack of exposure while being captives of the show. Nothing else is happening this season with Lea, Chris, Cory and even Naya. He puts them in their places to cement his own dominance while dwindling ratings and song sales expose his ego-trip as a threat to the well-being of the show as a whole.

Murphy likes to see himself as the father of other people's success and he likes them to appreciate and always be aware of that fact. He can't keep up that masquerade with actors like Chris or Cory anymore, who pursue their own projects outside of his grasp and refuse to be mere puppets in his hands. But he can claim that position with actors like Darren, who always relied on other people's coattails to keep his career going, or like Chord, who already experienced how soon he faded into oblivion when he left Glee in season 3. Interesting how those two are the ones Murphy pushes the most at the moment.

MoviesAreLife wrote:I can think of something that would fix the show though. He needs to downsize his cast and to keep some of the originals. Then, he needs to go back to writing it the way it was written before...before Blaine, before the new characters, before the Top 40 obsession.
This.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/3/2013, 10:42 pm

glimmerle wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:I can think of something that would fix the show though. He needs to downsize his cast and to keep some of the originals. Then, he needs to go back to writing it the way it was written before...before Blaine, before the new characters, before the Top 40 obsession.
This.

^ I second this.

Glee would continue to be a mess as long as they keep bloating up the cast and delude themselves into thinking that they can write for so many characters and do them any justice.

I wouldn't be so frustrated and annoyed with the relentless bombardment of the newbies and the pointless Blaine stuff if Kurt gets an equal amount of songs and storylines. Is it only Glee that brings out this emotion, I wonder? I mean, when I watch Downton Abbey, I don't feel rage when a character I'm less interested in gets a story arc. With Glee, it's almost as if they're only writing for a handful of characters that are, I dunno, RM's favourites for some inexplicable reason and they force the most inane and contrived stories on these characters, just so that these favourites get the screentime and the songs. The other characters, whose journeys and potential for storylines are undeniably more interesting, end up getting only scraps, but still get shamelessly pulled out time and again to promote the show. Why don't we get a huge poster about Blam or Jarley, say, if they want to promote a particular episode? Instead, Kurt and Rachel get used this way when there's a significant storyline for them coming up. It's insane that Fox and TPTB behind Glee know what the majority of the audience want, but they refuse to give it to us. It's like 'Here, let us stuff you to levels of nausea with excessive crap food that's either bland or disgusting, and on rare occasions, you'll be rewarded with a delicious treat that's the size of a peanut.' Ugh.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/3/2013, 11:03 pm

downton abbey is another show w/ a HUGE cast, but I think they manage it very well. I do not like all its characters but I never get mad like I feel toward glee. their characters, likeable or not, all feel real, w/ real distinctive personalities you can related to. and they do kill off some important cast members to keep the cast in line (and to keep the stories interesting). granted i don't go online searching for DA forums or anything. I dont even know most of these actors' names. I enjoyed the series and will continue to watch the new season when it comes, but I am not sickly obsessed w/ it like I am w/ glee. glee induces a very unhealthy reaction. it is horrible for our mental well-being. all i can say is it's better to leave it alone than struggle w/ it.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/3/2013, 11:30 pm

This may be a bit off topic: But I think Chris could do a better job via spilt screen playing both Kurt and Blaine,than Darren is playing Blaine right now. I have no doubt he would have been able to play both parts convincely.I would most likey dislike Blaine even more,because Chris in my opinion is a far better actor than Darren.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 3/3/2013, 11:56 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:This may be a bit off topic: But I think Chris could do a better job via spilt screen playing both Kurt and Blaine,than Darren is playing Blaine right now. I have no doubt he would have been able to play both parts convincely.I would most likey dislike Blaine even more,because Chris in my opinion is a far better actor than Darren.

ptdr You ain't lyin'. I feel like Darren as just stopped trying because he knows that no matter what he does, RIB are going to give him unlimited screen time. His sick "acting" in Diva was some of the worst I have seen from him, and that's saying something. I am never sure is he is playing is seriously or jokingly, which is a huge problem and why I think he seems to disconnect from the cast so much.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/4/2013, 12:06 am

M&M wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:This may be a bit off topic: But I think Chris could do a better job via spilt screen playing both Kurt and Blaine,than Darren is playing Blaine right now. I have no doubt he would have been able to play both parts convincely.I would most likey dislike Blaine even more,because Chris in my opinion is a far better actor than Darren.

ptdr You ain't lyin'. I feel like Darren as just stopped trying because he knows that no matter what he does, RIB are going to give him unlimited screen time. His sick "acting" in Diva was some of the worst I have seen from him, and that's saying something. I am never sure is he is playing is seriously or jokingly, which is a huge problem and why I think he seems to disconnect from the cast so much.

Agree 100% with the above post.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/4/2013, 12:24 am

agree 0% w/ none of hte posts.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/4/2013, 2:34 am

I agree with you 1bn%.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/4/2013, 2:41 am

ColferInspired wrote:
I agree with you 1bn%.

Thank you.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/4/2013, 3:45 am

mi 2. neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/4/2013, 3:54 am

Thank you
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/4/2013, 9:41 am

Any Klainer who loves 'Come What May' as the ~duet it is now is not a Klainer, but a Blarren stan.

They should be annoyed that Chris did not get to sing as much as Darren (again!), if they loved both boys equally.

sw022 smajli
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/4/2013, 11:07 am

Oh Please! Is been known for a while that some Klainers are actually Blainers, and lately their true face is showing. So I'm not surprised by that, but I won't deny I'm upset at the same time.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 3/4/2013, 11:39 am

Oh Please! Is been known for a while that some Klainers are actually Blainers, and lately their true face is showing. So I'm not surprised by that, but I won't deny I'm upset at the same time.

Then give Blaine a goddam new BF and let us Kurtsie enjoy Kurt widening his horizons and experience beyond Blaine. Stop hammering us with the "first love forever" crap and free Kurt from Blaine. As cute as their relationship used to be, it has morphed into this co-dependent beast where the one who is all by himself in a new life, a new city and whose future just has been compromised is not allowed to devote 5 minutes of his time to try to get a social life but should instead answer immediately each and every of his BF phonecalls and is not allowed to get excited about his worklife going strong but should compliment Mr Perfect on his bowties instead.

Blaine already has the whole world, the moon and the stars telling him just how perfect he is, I believe that the one person he hurt the most is allowed to tell him to go f**k himself (or a lighthouse) and move on, Blaine has a sufficient horde of followers to cope with it.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 3/4/2013, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just adding some spoiler tags)
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 3/4/2013, 1:10 pm

I wouldn't be as harsh as to say that all klainers who love CWM are purely Blaine fans, but I understand why some of us would feel that way and aren't afraid to say it also, because I've seen and heard the insults and battles you guys have fought against the craziest of Klainers, who actually ARE rabid Blarren fans. For me it's been more of an experience of how crafty RIB+ have been in preserving the "honor" of Blaine in such matter that he can't do anything wrong. There are some good comments about this on the spoiler thread.

Why I'm in here in S&B is because of this: I do not like some fans of Darren who see Glee as nothing but a showboat for a very ambitious young man that in my current opinion is also doing Glee for very personal promotional work at the cost of the quality in his acting and originality. Not that there isn't anything wrong with his behaviour, but the way he's been allowed to use it by the makers of the show makes me angry. Naya's people were doing this excact same thing last season which also made me cringe. It's as if who shouts the loudest gets the most. (OK quite like in reality also, sadly.) And that is against every thing that Glee has become to represent to me. Glee was meant to be an ensemble cast that took forward few individuals who outshone a somewhat more and give still enough room for everyone to shine in their perspective roles.

I admit I find my self shouting why aren't they giving more airtime for Chris, he's the best, why is his talents being sidelined because the audience loves him...and I am left wondering am I any better than hardcore Darren fan? I want more for my favorite, but I would feel terribly embarrased if Chris would get half the attention that Darren is given in his role as Blaine, because it's not about just the running minutes but the show as a whole package. And I feel none of the Chris fans truly want him to sideline anyone of the cast, and I'm sure hardly any Rachel fans are feeling very good about others blaiming Finchel stealing the show the whole S3 either.

What was my original point: Glee would have worked the best if everyone had gotten their fair share. Each according to the size of their storyline, but because they separated the show and left the partial favorite to dwell on the other side we now do not get any good storylines for anyone. I cannot understand why any Blaine fan would be happy about the current situation if they payed attetion to the whole season arch for his character. Just because you are cute isn't cutting it for me, but if that is good enough for some Darren fans then fine by me. Chris is turning out to be incredibly beautiful man, and I'd love to just watch his face for 30 minutes doing nothing poingant for each episode but would it do anything for Kurt, no. Would I want him to do it on Glee? No.

This has to be a generation thing or a thing about creating viable stories and striving for them? I guess Chris attracts fans that love story development over surface and Darren fans love music and happy-go-lucky attitude, which in it self is fine, and perhaps even the moot point for this season? What if this is meant to a look at a lighter season structure? But no, they still give us cheating and guns, so no happiness there. Biased view, unless intentional, is never going to work. It kills shows, has done and will do.

I needed to rationalise my thoughts and they became even messier. I am still going to watch the season out for Kurt parts and refuse to get angry or sad. I'm going to however make notes on how not to write and weave plots since this show is a perfect candidate for that. And continue reading your fabulous thoughts, ideas and reasonings and keep admiring everyones best support statements ever. Glee's done good job alienating it's fans but man it has given our brainsells workouts.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/4/2013, 1:32 pm

Good post, @valkeakuulas.

valkeakuulas wrote:I admit I find my self shouting why aren't they giving more airtime for Chris, he's the best, why is his talents being sidelined because the audience loves him...and I am left wondering am I any better than hardcore Darren fan? I want more for my favorite, but I would feel terribly embarrased if Chris would get half the attention that Darren is given in his role as Blaine, because it's not about just the running minutes but the show as a whole package. And I feel none of the Chris fans truly want him to sideline anyone of the cast, and I'm sure hardly any Rachel fans are feeling very good about others blaiming Finchel stealing the show the whole S3 either.
The bolded is why you are in no way the same as the Blarrenstans. fanny2
I think we would be ambarrassed if Chris got as much as Blaine is getting now, and he never got that, not even in the so-called Kurt season 2. A lot of us already felt uncomfortable when Kurt got 1 (!) praise more than Finn at the Burt and Carol wedding.

But instead of showing some modesty and embarrassment by being happy that their fave is getting so much in comparison to the others, the Blarrenstans are gloating all the time, while demanding even more and harassing anyone who complains or asks when their fave will get a song or a storyline. :angry:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 3/4/2013, 1:57 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:I wouldn't be as harsh as to say that all klainers who love CWM are purely Blaine fans, but I understand why some of us would feel that way and aren't afraid to say it also, because I've seen and heard the insults and battles you guys have fought against the craziest of Klainers, who actually ARE rabid Blarren fans. For me it's been more of an experience of how crafty RIB+ have been in preserving the "honor" of Blaine in such matter that he can't do anything wrong. There are some good comments about this on the spoiler thread.

Why I'm in here in S&B is because of this: I do not like some fans of Darren who see Glee as nothing but a showboat for a very ambitious young man that in my current opinion is also doing Glee for very personal promotional work at the cost of the quality in his acting and originality. Not that there isn't anything wrong with his behaviour, but the way he's been allowed to use it by the makers of the show makes me angry. Naya's people were doing this excact same thing last season which also made me cringe. It's as if who shouts the loudest gets the most. (OK quite like in reality also, sadly.) And that is against every thing that Glee has become to represent to me. Glee was meant to be an ensemble cast that took forward few individuals who outshone a somewhat more and give still enough room for everyone to shine in their perspective roles.

I admit I find my self shouting why aren't they giving more airtime for Chris, he's the best, why is his talents being sidelined because the audience loves him...and I am left wondering am I any better than hardcore Darren fan? I want more for my favorite, but I would feel terribly embarrased if Chris would get half the attention that Darren is given in his role as Blaine, because it's not about just the running minutes but the show as a whole package. And I feel none of the Chris fans truly want him to sideline anyone of the cast, and I'm sure hardly any Rachel fans are feeling very good about others blaiming Finchel stealing the show the whole S3 either.

What was my original point: Glee would have worked the best if everyone had gotten their fair share. Each according to the size of their storyline, but because they separated the show and left the partial favorite to dwell on the other side we now do not get any good storylines for anyone. I cannot understand why any Blaine fan would be happy about the current situation if they payed attetion to the whole season arch for his character. Just because you are cute isn't cutting it for me, but if that is good enough for some Darren fans then fine by me. Chris is turning out to be incredibly beautiful man, and I'd love to just watch his face for 30 minutes doing nothing poingant for each episode but would it do anything for Kurt, no. Would I want him to do it on Glee? No.

This has to be a generation thing or a thing about creating viable stories and striving for them? I guess Chris attracts fans that love story development over surface and Darren fans love music and happy-go-lucky attitude, which in it self is fine, and perhaps even the moot point for this season? What if this is meant to a look at a lighter season structure? But no, they still give us cheating and guns, so no happiness there. Biased view, unless intentional, is never going to work. It kills shows, has done and will do.

I needed to rationalise my thoughts and they became even messier. I am still going to watch the season out for Kurt parts and refuse to get angry or sad. I'm going to however make notes on how not to write and weave plots since this show is a perfect candidate for that. And continue reading your fabulous thoughts, ideas and reasonings and keep admiring everyones best support statements ever. Glee's done good job alienating it's fans but man it has given our brainsells workouts.

Your post wasn't messy at all, it was perfect. I agree with you that sometimes we also tend to become rabid when it comes to Kurt, and I follow you when you whish for a more equal distribution in the storylines. Fact is, they overloaded their cast with tons of new characters but never granted them quality storylines. A restrained cast, focusing on 10 kids plus 3-4 adults as it was in S1, and taking time to develop each character SL thoroughly would be so much better than the over-the-place writing we have now it's frustrating. The TV show LOST, even if it got strained in the end, managed it very well. There were some characters a bit more proeminent than others, but they had a 14-prople cast and took time to at least: feature each character majorly in 1 episode, and all the while develop them little by little in more minor episodes without completely shunning them.

Unfortunately, Glee is a show not only centered around characters, but music and iTunes sellings. It is of common knowledge that one doesn't have to be very talented in the music industry to drain tons and tons of fans: a pretty face will do, boysbands cashed boatloads of money on that principle. Now I never refuted Darren's abilities as a singer, he is a good performer, but he isn't the only talented one on Glee, just the most bankable. And since money runs the world, they use him again and again to make profits, and this to the detriment of other characters (Artie comes to mind, particularly, I feel Kevin has been royally screwed).

Unfortunately, unlike Rachel who was allowed to be flawed, Blaine (the character, not Darren, I don't have anything against Darren) is sold as a THE TEENAGE DREAM. But by doing so, they didn't grant his character any edge/flaw. He is still blank as white sheet, and doesn't have to face any hardship. He is basically the antithesis of the bunch of misfits that founded a family through Glee, because that's what Glee used to be => a place where you weren't an oucast anymore, a place where what people perceive as a flaw is an asset, a place where being who you are is OK. They might fight and yell at each other, in the end they are there when one is in need if them. Blaine never was an outcast (not at the point where we met him anyway), so glee is just a place for him to display his talents and be adored. I've watched all group performances this season, but none has had the thousandth of emotional impact "Don't stop believing" had back in the days.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/4/2013, 2:13 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Any Klainer who loves 'Come What May' as the ~duet it is now is not a Klainer, but a Blarren stan.

They should be annoyed that Chris did not get to sing as much as Darren (again!), if they loved both boys equally.

sw022 smajli

I can't say all Klainers who like CWM are Blaine stans. I think most of them just don't see a problem because in the movie version Ewan sings more than Nicole too. Sure it wouldn't kill RIB to give part of Darren's solo lines to Chris, they could easily do it just like they changed the lyrics to make Kurt say "I love you'' first, but they are morons and decided not to do it. I've read post from Klainer who wish Chris sang more too or Klainer who like Adam and his relationship with Kurt, they just want a happy end for Klaine, but don't hate Kadam and I respect the for that.

What actually frustrates me a lot is all those people who claim to be Klainers but have no problem with Blaine's crush on Sam. They are even happy about it. Someone who says ''I'm a Klainer but I like Blam very much, they're so cute together I wish Sam was bi so they can be together'' is not a real Klainer for me just a stupid Blaine stan who doesn't care about Kurt at all.

They get angry at Chris when he mentions something about Oliver/Adam, they write nasty messages to Oliver's Facebook page because his character is a threat to Klaine, but they cheer every time Darren and Chord tweet each other about Blam. They cheer every time they sing a duet together. They do realize that soon Blam will have the same number of duets Kurt and Blaine have this season. Who knows they can get more more until the end of the season. I'm sure they will bitch if Kurt and Adam sing even one duet, I can't imagine what would happen if Kadam sang 3 or 4 duets. The internet would explode and Ryan Murphy would get a couple of death threats. If I was a Klainer I would be pissed off because of all the ''cute'' Blam moments, scenes and duets the same way most of them are mad because of Adam.

Neither Darren, nor Chord get hate when Blaine and his crush Sam have tons of scenes together and duets in every episode, but Oliver or Chris can't tweet nice things about each other without getting hate. How is that fair? Those people should just stop calling themselves Klainers, they don't deserve the "K" because they don't respect the character that one letter represents.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 3/4/2013, 2:38 pm

Most Klainers that I have encountered, with a few exceptions, are Blaine fans who realize Blaine is not really effective without Kurt. They don't care about Kurt at all. This entire season has been an exercise in making Blaine more effective without Kurt so that they don't need Kurt anymore. Blaine is Kurt 2.0, now with all character complexity drained along with half the acting talent. PFFFT.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/4/2013, 2:59 pm

as much as it sickens me, the sad hard truth is that blaine has been made into the male lead of glee this season. most of the show is set in lima and in lima, blaine has had most screentime and songs. chris is at this point a glorified extra.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next