Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9

+37
coxfire
Adamina
bayth
Buenos
Vir Cotto
msjoanlucette
fountain
Ces
ecka
Sani
MoviesAreLife
dap1217
valkeakuulas
crazypumpkin
indiaskye
Piciollina
arina
opals
Catt24
CloveGlee
Delight
tanita_mors
fantastica
Ranwing
Glorfindel
ColferInspired
Ireth
ChrisColferFan1
sahhar
M&M
brisallie
Divalicious
zuppid
Jellyrolls
ColferGirl
MissSoniaPP
sheny
41 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9 - Page 8 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9

Post  MissSoniaPP 1/18/2013, 12:52 pm

"Baby Got Back": the music is ptdr . I like. Oliver's voice is soft, like it.
"Tell Him": surprise for me. I like. Smile
"I Do not Know How To Love Him": Why she does not sing more often? Evil or Very Mad . I love (I forget for whom she sings)

The others are boring sifflou
MissSoniaPP
MissSoniaPP
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9 - Page 8 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9

Post  valkeakuulas 1/18/2013, 1:03 pm

I like it that they are finally using music from other decade than the 00's but that makes me also more critical, No Scrubs was...what I find awful in most of this batches songs is that they are adapting from the songs that have been re-recorded by someone else than the original artist. Like I'm sure Tell Him wasn't adapted from the original 60's song which was way, way faster and cuter but rather from that dull version of Shepards. (I personally never liked her BTW.)

Baby Got Back has such terrible lyrics, but Olivers voice is refreshing and new and why couldn't they have Kevin sing No Scrubs on his own? I really can't tell who sings in it besides Kevin, I think I hear Darrens low voice there which sounds to me quite nice. Contradicting myself alot?

Does the Baby Got Back have a banjo backround? Laughing
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/18/2013, 1:56 pm

I am listening to Baby Got Back at my office with my headphones and am trying desperately not to bust out laughing. ptdr

I absolutely love it. The lyrics are totally at odds with the arrangement and it works! And Olivers voice is so warm. Oh, they definately chose well with this one.

So a good into number for Adam and sexy sparks. I am so looking foward to next week!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 1/18/2013, 2:12 pm

I LOVE BABY GOT BACK!!!! It's so awesome, I'm so happy they chose the Jonathan Coulter arrangement of the song, it's brilliant. Razz I love Oliver's voice, he sounds great and I love the warm, smooth tone to his voice. Based on just this, do you think Chris and Oliver might sound good together, Marie?

The only other song I've heard so far is No Scrubs, which is great simply because Kevin's the main voice on it. wub

Anyway, I can't wait to buy Baby Got Back and support Oliver/Adam!! wub
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 1/18/2013, 2:19 pm

I have to go read the lyrics of Baby got back because to me it sounds like normal song so I want to know what is everybody talking about :-) He sounds good but does not have very recognizable voice to me.

Jenna sounds awesome on the song from JCHS! Shame they don't use her more.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 1/18/2013, 2:24 pm

Pissed off on Blaine leading Tina on,"almost kissing" my ass,what's wrong with you glee :angry:
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 1/18/2013, 3:07 pm

If they want people to despite Blaine they are doing a great job...

But I can't help myself but be a bit amused...Blaine-stans were saying "Kurt is such an ass asking someone out so soon!!"
and in the very same episode we have Blaine trying to kiss a GIRL.I SO want to see with what explenations for blaine shitty behaviour they'll came up Razz

HELP ME!I'm in loop with Baby got Back...just TOO hilarious for words
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/18/2013, 3:30 pm

ColferGirl wrote:I LOVE BABY GOT BACK!!!! It's so awesome, I'm so happy they chose the Jonathan Coulter arrangement of the song, it's brilliant. Razz I love Oliver's voice, he sounds great and I love the warm, smooth tone to his voice. Based on just this, do you think Chris and Oliver might sound good together, Marie?
Yes, I think so! Smile
It's a bit funny, and please some of you don't kill me for this, but at first glance Oliver's voice is quite similar as Darren's. But Oliver has depth and vibrato, where Darren has not, and when singing with Chris vibrato and especially depth are a big, big plus. neutre
I need to hear more of Oliver singing to guess voice type and vocal range, but he sounds like a high baritone or tenor to me.

I really like Oliver's voice, not just the sound of it, but also his emoting (because tongue in cheek fun is also emoting) and pronounciation of the lyrics.
They hit the jackpot with Oliver, imo: charming, sympathetic looking, good acting and a very nice singing voice. Oh, and let's not forget his english accent. fanny2

arina wrote:I have to go read the lyrics of Baby got back because to me it sounds like normal song so I want to know what is everybody talking about :-) He sounds good but does not have very recognizable voice to me.
Lyrics 'Baby Got Back ' (Jonathan Coulton version):

I like big butts and I cannot lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a round thing in your face

You get sprung and you wanna pull up tough
You notice that butt was stuffed
Deep in the jeans she's wearing
I'm hooked and I can't stop staring

Oh babe, I wanna get wit'cha
And take your pretty picture
My homeboys tried to warn me
But that butt you got makes me so horny

Ooh, Rumple-smooth-skin
You say you wanna get in my Benz?
Well, use me, use me
'Cause you ain't that average groupie

I've seen them dancing
To hell with romancing
'Cause she's sweat, wet,
Got it going like a turbo 'Vette

I'm tired of magazines
Saying flat butts are the thing
Take the average black man and ask him that
She gotta pack much back

So, fellas, fellas
Has your girlfriend got the butt?
Tell her to shake it, shake it
Shake that healthy butt
Baby got back

I like them round and big
And when I'm throwing a gig
I just can't help myself, I'm acting like an animal
Now here's my scandal

I wanna get you home
And wo, double-up, wo-oo-wo
I ain't talking bout Playboy
'Cause silicone parts are made for toys

I want 'em real thick and juicy
So find that juicy double
Jonnie C's in trouble
Begging for a piece of that bubble

So I'm looking at rock videos
Knock-kneed bimbos walking like hos
You can have them bimbos
I'll keep my women like Flo-Jo

A word to the thick soul sistas, I wanna get with ya
I won't cuss or hit ya
But I gotta be straight when I say I wanna...
'Til the break of dawn

Baby got it going on
A lot of simps won't like this song
'Cause them punks like to hit it and quit it
And I'd rather stay and play

'Cause I'm long, and I'm strong
And I'm down to get the friction on

So, ladies, ladies
If you wanna roll in my Mercedes
Then turn around and stick it out
Even white boys got to shout
Baby got back

Actually when it comes to females, Cosmo does not have very much to do at all with my selection
I mean, 36-24-36? Maybe, if she's 5'3''.

So your girlfriend rolls a Honda,
Playing workout tapes by Fonda
But Fonda ain't got a motor in the back of her Honda

My anaconda don't want none
Unless you have got buns, hun
You can do side bends or sit-ups,
But please don't lose that butt

Some brothers wanna play that hard role
And tell you that the butt ain't gold
So they toss it and they leave it
And I pull up quick to retrieve it

So Cosmo says you're fat
Well I ain't down with that
Cause your waist is small and your curves are kicking
And I'm thinking bout sticking

To the beanpole dames in the magazines:
You ain't it, Miss Thing
Give me a sista, I can't resist her
Red beans and rice didn't miss her

Some knucklehead tried to dis
Cause his girls were on my list
He had game but he chose to hit 'em
And I pull up quick to get wit 'em

So ladies, if the butt is round,
And you want a triple X throw down,
Dial 1-900-JonnieC
And kick them nasty thoughts
Baby got back

ptdr

Last edited by Glorfindel on 1/18/2013, 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/18/2013, 3:32 pm

dap1217 wrote:Pissed off on Blaine leading Tina on,"almost kissing" my ass,what's wrong with you glee :angry:

zuppid wrote:If they want people to despite Blaine they are doing a great job...

But I can't help myself but be a bit amused...Blaine-stans were saying "Kurt is such an ass asking someone out so soon!!"
and in the very same episode we have Blaine trying to kiss a GIRL.I SO want to see with what explenations for blaine shitty behaviour they'll came up Razz

'

I read the spoilers about the almost kiss too and I hope they are fake or the extras who supposedly saw something just misunderstood their closeness. Blaine said so many times that he is 100% GAY, that he is OUT and PROUD, he has been intimate with other boys and now he almost kisses a girl. I just can't with this stupidity. He was Kurt' boyfriend for almost 2 years and they were barely allowed to peck each other on the lips and from what I've read most of those hugs, hand holds and kisses were Chris and Darren's ideas.

My favourite character is not allowed to show any kind of affection towards his LI, but his ex-bf goes around dancing and kissing girls. Evil or Very Mad

I can't stop replaying 'Baby got back'. Smile I'm ignoring the lyrics and just enjoying Oliver's voice.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/18/2013, 3:59 pm

sheny wrote:
dap1217 wrote:Pissed off on Blaine leading Tina on,"almost kissing" my ass,what's wrong with you glee :angry:

zuppid wrote:If they want people to despite Blaine they are doing a great job...

'

I read the spoilers about the almost kiss too and I hope they are fake or the extras who supposedly saw something just misunderstood their closeness. Blaine said so many times that he is 100% GAY, that he is OUT and PROUD, he has been intimate with other boys and now he almost kisses a girl. I just can't with this stupidity. He was Kurt' boyfriend for almost 2 years and they were barely allowed to peck each other on the lips and from what I've read most of those hugs, hand holds and kisses were Chris and Darren's ideas.

My favourite character is not allowed to show any kind of affection towards his LI, but his ex-bf goes around dancing and kissing girls. Evil or Very Mad

I can't stop replaying 'Baby got back'. Smile I'm ignoring the lyrics and just enjoying Oliver's voice.

You know, as much as I hate Glee's lack of continuity and retconning characters, I actually think that retconning Blaine to be bi would be a good thing. He had his thing with Rachel where kissing her in BIOTA was enough to to make him say "It felt good" and make him want to go on an actual date with her. There have been several instances when he has danced around with the cheerios or girls in breadstix last Valentine's Day where there was physical chemistry between him and the girls that is stronger than any of the chemistry he has with Kurt. So why not take advantage of that and just chalk it up to experimentation, or realizing that he does like women as much as he likes men (and Rachel just wasn't the right women for him).

Of course, my reasons are a bit selfish with this because I would prefer for Kurt to be permanently detached from Blaine because I think that Klaine holds Chris back as an actor because Darren can't keep up with him. If they suddenly make Blaine bi, then they can find Darren a female LI who is more equal to him as an actor, and it would leave Kurt free to date other guys (whether it be Adam or someone else), and find Chris an acting partner closer to his abilities.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MissSoniaPP 1/18/2013, 5:03 pm

There are problems with "Baby Got Back" :angry:
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9 - Page 8 124
MissSoniaPP
MissSoniaPP
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  MissSoniaPP 1/18/2013, 5:10 pm

As for Blaine/Tina does not have any sense Rolling Eyes
But with Blaine I came to a point that i don't care.
It can happen to him all the things, I do not care. saispa
MissSoniaPP
MissSoniaPP
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Piciollina 1/18/2013, 5:11 pm

MissSoniaPP wrote:There are problems with "Baby Got Back" :angry:

The guy is pissed for not even being credited or asked, and he has reasons… even though he doesn’t own rights to the song, and technically Glee didn’t do anything illegal, it was a shitty thing to do. But Glee’s done that before and will do it again, because it’s not illegal. Jonathan Coulton didn’t own the rights when he covered it either.

I'm pissed about crazy shippers blaming Oliver for this beam
Piciollina
Piciollina
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 1/18/2013, 5:23 pm

Jenna sounds amazing. Her voice is so warm and sweet. I don't like Tina anymore ever since they turned her from a nice girl into a bitch, but Jenna seems like a sweetheart and her voice is lovely. And, I'm sorry, but I really hate the lyrics of "Baby Got Back"...they make me want to hurl. Such a gross song. I am looking forward to Kurt/Adam though! I'm excited! I do not support Klaine ever since Blaine decided to cheat on him. It's about time both boys just move on and let go of this high school romance.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/18/2013, 6:04 pm

I don't mind Tina becoming a bit of a bitch because if I were overlooked and disregarded the way she's been for the past three years, I'd be a bitch too. Come to think of it, I'm already a bitch and I haven't been ignored like Tina has been. suspectt

But so much about this story leaves a really, really bad taste in my mouth. First that Tina is being delusional enough to think that she's got a chance of winning Blaine - who is openly gay and until recently was in a deeply comitted relationship with another man. But worse is Blaine, who is supposedly so deeply torn up by losing Kurt because of his own stupidity that he first crushes on a straight friend (still think it's going to be Sam) and then leads a vulnerable girl on into thinking he could possibly want her like that. It's just gross. Either Blaine is deliberately using Tina without any regards to her feelings in order to make himself feel better (because Blaine must be adored or he'll die) or he's so screwed up in the head that he just goes with whoever wants him at that given moment. vomir

Either way, all of this is just proving me to all the more that Kurt is well rid of Blaine and should focus his attention on this budding new relationship with a grown man who's confident and knows who and what he is and doesn't play these kind of manipulative games.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/18/2013, 8:20 pm

Piciollina wrote:
MissSoniaPP wrote:There are problems with "Baby Got Back" :angry:

The guy is pissed for not even being credited or asked, and he has reasons… even though he doesn’t own rights to the song, and technically Glee didn’t do anything illegal, it was a shitty thing to do. But Glee’s done that before and will do it again, because it’s not illegal. Jonathan Coulton didn’t own the rights when he covered it either.

I'm pissed about crazy shippers blaming Oliver for this beam
Actually, I've red at a few places that it is illegal and he could sue them for it. Apparently, while the lyrics don't belong to him, the musical arrangement aka. the instrumental in the background was written by him specially for his song version and thus owned by him. And it's apparently completely ripped off in the Glee's version, he even clams it's actually his recording. Shit is going down from what I hear. He is pissed and Alex Anders just dissed him on twitter for it.

From his website

Admittedly it seems to be an unofficial wiki, and I can’t find any clearly FOX-based source that lists this track as a part of episode 11 of season 4. So I guess the jury’s still out on whether or not this is an official Glee recording.

If it is, I have some questions about how IP works in terms of this song. It’s a cover of a Sir Mix-a-Lot song obviously, but I wrote a new melody for it, which this recording uses. Back when I released it, I bought the statutory license to distribute my version of this song through Harry Fox. Creative Commons doesn’t come into play because it’s a cover song, and anyway my CC license specifies Non-Commercial.

A complicating factor is that, to my ears, it sounds like it actually uses the audio from my recording – not the vocals obviously, but the instruments sound EXTREMELY similar. And I could swear I hear the duck quack somewhere in the background there, though it’s hard to say if that’s just my ears expecting it.

Anyway, yes, weird. Exciting times! I’ll post any updates here.

As for the songs, BGB has that crazy/fun factor and Oliver's voice is very pleasant with some deeper tone, abate a bit generic. I like No Scrubs (had no idea that I actually know this song - names mean nothing to me). It was good because it had a lot of Kevin. Tell Him was OK, nothing revolutionary but not Heather's worst either. I found Tina's and Rayder's solos boring. noting else to say about them.

So, from what I gather, Blaine is leading Tina on. Wow, what a model boyfriend material he is made of. I mean, he is gay, everybody knows this. That is so wrong on so many effing levels.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/18/2013, 8:45 pm

i saw somewhere on some official place (Ollie's facebook maybe? - I never went to his actual facebook but saw a clip of it here) that he is a high baritone. I really love his voice. Chris may finally have a good romantic duet partner now. I hope Adam/Ollie stays around. I really want to ship them (if I ship anything at all).
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/18/2013, 8:48 pm

not kurt related, but this is a tweet by an extra regarding the next episode:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9 - Page 8 Tumblr_mgtby8EuNA1qlt10po1_1280

haha, they are really going w/ that "bi" lean don't they? they are desperate to make blaine sexually associated w/ girls. maybe that's a good thing - that means he will never date kurt again. and since blaine has been retconned so many times why not go all the way? make him straight. it's all just a dream! yay, bring on adam and kurt and i love for kurt to date an older caring man who will buy him a house and a full wardrobe. ma bb deserves a MAN, not a kid.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MissSoniaPP 1/18/2013, 9:35 pm

Apparently all ships are screwed, exept Wemma.
One less than the others, I think Klaine will stay friends.
Quinn or Rachel fanbase are screwed.
MissSoniaPP
MissSoniaPP
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/18/2013, 9:37 pm

Lol, Blaine and Tina almost kissing. That will go down well in the fandom, I bet. I also hope they make Blaine bi (just to get him away from Kurt).
And gtfo to the double standards of certain Blainers who are saying that Tina is stupid for crushing on a gay guy, but finding it perfectly normal (and a bit sad and angsty) for poor Blaine to crush on a straight dude as "you cannot control who you crush on". Mad

--------------------------------------

So.....my verdict on the songs:

- Baby Got Back:
Lol-tastic, cheesy arrangement with silly lyrics, great tongue in cheek.
I already expressed my liking of Oliver's voice. neutre I want Adam to stay, and I haven't even seen him in action on Glee.
Do not like the shitfest over 'stealing' Coulton's arrangement, as it might hurt Adam's storyline.

- Tell Him:
Nice song, Marley is good (although still not 'popping' or interesting), and Brittany is not terrible (and I'm being nice here). The song could have used some soul or latino spice from Mercedes, Unique or Santana (and lbr when it comes to the real diva voices of this cast).

- No Scrubs:
Artie wins from all of the guys again, as per usual, but this song is repetitive and puts me to sleep. Also, the lyrics do not fit the guys, it should have been a girls' song. unsure

- I Only Have Eyes For You:
Ryder/Blake has a nice enough voice, but Sleep . It's baffling that all the newbies really cannot make a song sound interesting at all.

- I Don't Know How To Love Him:
Wonderful, Jenna is such a good singer. The arrangement is a bit tame, imo, and this makes the song more boring than it could have been.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/18/2013, 10:18 pm

i feel bad for jenna that her singing was so rarely utilized on this show, and now she gets to shine a bit, her character is getting a shitty storyline and is also graduating. i feel bad when both she and Kevin said they wanted their characters to go to NY, because they both see the writing on the wall - the future of glee is in NY, and if any graduates want to have any part in the future seasons they have to go to NY at least from time to time. Kevin and Jenna had been on the show since day 1 and I do hope they get to come back next season, even if not in every episode.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/18/2013, 10:21 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Lol, Blaine and Tina almost kissing. That will go down well in the fandom, I bet. I also hope they make Blaine bi (just to get him away from Kurt).
And gtfo to the double standards of certain Blainers who are saying that Tina is stupid for crushing on a gay guy, but finding it perfectly normal (and a bit sad and angsty) for poor Blaine to crush on a straight dude as "you cannot control who you crush on". Mad

--------------------------------------

So.....my verdict on the songs:

- Baby Got Back:
Lol-tastic, cheesy arrangement with silly lyrics, great tongue in cheek.
I already expressed my liking of Oliver's voice. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9 - Page 8 4247136565 I want Adam to stay, and I haven't even seen him in action on Glee.
Do not like the shitfest over 'stealing' Coulton's arrangement, as it might hurt Adam's storyline.

- Tell Him:
Nice song, Marley is good (although still not 'popping' or interesting), and Brittany is not terrible (and I'm being nice here). The song could have used some soul or latino spice from Mercedes, Unique or Santana (and lbr when it comes to the real diva voices of this cast).

- No Scrubs:
Artie wins from all of the guys again, as per usual, but this song is repetitive and puts me to sleep. Also, the lyrics do not fit the guys, it should have been a girls' song. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 9 - Page 8 2176491633

- I Only Have Eyes For You:
Ryder/Blake has a nice enough voice, but Sleep . It's baffling that all the newbies really cannot make a song sound interesting at all.

- I Don't Know How To Love Him:
Wonderful, Jenna is such a good singer. The arrangement is a bit tame, imo, and this makes the song more boring than it could have been.

I love Baby Got Back. Oliver's voice is just wonderful.

I don't want to listen to the others as I don't care to. But I will have a listen at No Scrubs as I have missed Kevin's voice.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/18/2013, 10:31 pm

The Glee Project's Ali Stroker will appear in the episode 14/15 as Artie's love interest. http://gleekoutbr.tumblr.com/post/40882714147/lets-start-by-confirming-whos-the-tgp-person

is she the girl in wheel chair or is she the Muslin girl? I don't remember and I only watched half of the TGP episode.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 1/18/2013, 10:31 pm

Late, but I couldn't get on sooner. First, the song. I love Oliver's voice. It's very rich and he emotes, even in this song. Listen to the Fellas, Fellas, etc part. Love it!

As to the controversy, I suspect one of these things is possible.
1. Glee sucks it up, pays a little, adds a credit to Coulton.
2. Coulton (if he does have the rights) tells them to cram it with walnuts. They remove it from the ep.
3. Glee keeps the vocals, but re-records the background music, which I think if they had done their own music to begin with, it would be bad but not as bad as this.
4. Glee doesn't care and Coulton doesn't own any of the intellectual property so it goes in as is.
5. Glee doesn't like being called out and removes the song to "punish" Coulton for saying anything. They will then follow it up by tweeting rude things about Coulton.

I am hoping for 1, but fear 5, only because it is indeed something that Murphy would do. They are sinking my ship before it starts and the Klainers are allowed to be even more insufferable.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/18/2013, 10:32 pm

Was just comparing Adam's introductory song vs Blaine's and there is a pretty big contrast. Adam's song basically boils down to "Hey, you've got a great ass and I want to touch it!" whereas Blaine's was pretty much "Do you want to touch my ass?" humhum

So while Adam is all about Kurt's ass, Blaine is crushing on a straight guy (at the time when he's supposed to be trying to rebuild his relationship with Kurt) and apparently being willing to kiss Tina (which is just super creepy of him no matter how you cut it). Man, this show is giving me every reason to get totally behind Kadam and never wanting to see Blaine within 500 feet of Kurt.

Now about this little tempest about the arrangement of BGB being purloined... I agree that the arrangement is just too similar to not be copied, but the intellectual property rights are kind of iffy here. Sir Mix A Lot owns the rights to the song (and its from him that Glee has to get permission to use the song). Using another arrangement created by Coulton is one of those murky places where ethically, Coulton should have been asked first and then credited, but legally Glee might not have done anything wrong. So despite talk that Coulton might try to keep the song from being used in the ep, I don't think there's a whole lot of danger of that. Odds are that the show will (if they're smart) defuse the controversy by crediting Coulton for the arrangment and give him a royalty share of any copies of the song. It's actually better for the artist to go along with terms like this because it gets him exposure (and this is an artist that I've never heard of before) rather than try to get an injunction, which is very hard to get right before the show is supposed to air. The show might also decide just not to release BGB as a single, which would limit the damage that this artist could claim since he's not losing profits to another variation of the song.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next