Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 8

+32
opals
sahhar
bayth
msjoanlucette
ladydianab
fantastica
Adamina
ChrisColferFan1
Piciollina
valkeakuulas
MissSoniaPP
Sani
M&M
ColferGirl
Ireth
Catt24
tamara04
Buenos
coxfire
sheny
sjonnepon
ColferInspired
Ranwing
CloveGlee
azure
arina
indiaskye
Divalicious
brisallie
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
36 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 8 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 8

Post  indiaskye 11/22/2012, 4:59 am

[quote="arina"]
indiaskye wrote:Yeah and I think that the fact they won't be highschool students can also help a little maybe.

Yes, that might also play a part. Really, at this point the thing I'm worried about the most is that I won't like this new guy! I just want him to be nice and likeable - and call me shallow, but I want him to be attractive and charming too (because Kurt deserves all the gorgeous guys)... tonguue

indiaskye
indiaskye
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 8 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 8

Post  arina 11/22/2012, 5:38 am

[quote="indiaskye"]
arina wrote:
indiaskye wrote:Yeah and I think that the fact they won't be highschool students can also help a little maybe.

Yes, that might also play a part. Really, at this point the thing I'm worried about the most is that I won't like this new guy! I just want him to be nice and likeable - and call me shallow, but I want him to be attractive and charming too (because Kurt deserves all the gorgeous guys)... tonguue
Tell me about it, I am so curious about him and also very scared. I am kinda critical about the newbies and probably will be even more about my favorite character's new love interest. And as non-klainer it can be probably one time I can enjoy for a while Kurt with someone (although I did enjoy Klaine during their BICO times than they were togehter and I even liked blaine's looks back then - without his bowties, short pants and too much gell addiction - how I miss those times)... I hope the new boyfriend (if he of course is going to be boyfriend) will have different character than Blaine because it would be interesting to see Kurt in relationship with different dynamic. About looks, I am tired of Glee hiring handsome guys lately just to bring attention of fans intead of focusing on quality of writing and acting, but of course I want the new LI to look good too. He does not have to look like model but I hope he is going to be good looking. And most of all I hope he will be likeable, charismatic and that he is going to have chemistry with Chris.

And my own shallow little wish - I hope he is tall:))

It's going to be funny if eventually I'll be praying to get Klaine back together because I won't be able to stand the new guy. Razz
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  indiaskye 11/22/2012, 5:43 am

[quote="arina"]
indiaskye wrote:I hope the new boyfriend (if he of course is going to be boyfriend) will have different character than Blaine because it would be interesting to see Kurt in relationship with different dynamic. About looks, I am tired of Glee hiring handsome guys lately just to bring attention of fans intead of focusing on quality of writing and acting, but of course I want the new LI to look good too. He does not have to look like model but I hope he is going to be good looking. And most of all I hope he will be likeable, charismatic and that he is going to have chemistry with Chris.And my own shallow little wish - I hope he is tall:))

At the bolded: I agree - he doesn't have to look like a model but I really don't want another Chandler (who looked like a nerdy 12-year-old kid) either!!!

Like you said ... someone likeable, charismatic and good-looking - and yes, a lot is going to hinge on whether or not he has good chemistry with Chris ... coool
indiaskye
indiaskye
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 11/22/2012, 6:04 am

[quote="indiaskye"]
arina wrote:
indiaskye wrote:I hope the new boyfriend (if he of course is going to be boyfriend) will have different character than Blaine because it would be interesting to see Kurt in relationship with different dynamic. About looks, I am tired of Glee hiring handsome guys lately just to bring attention of fans intead of focusing on quality of writing and acting, but of course I want the new LI to look good too. He does not have to look like model but I hope he is going to be good looking. And most of all I hope he will be likeable, charismatic and that he is going to have chemistry with Chris.And my own shallow little wish - I hope he is tall:))

At the bolded: I agree - he doesn't have to look like a model but I really don't want another Chandler (who looked like a nerdy 12-year-old kid) either!!!

Like you said ... someone likeable, charismatic and good-looking - and yes, a lot is going to hinge on whether or not he has good chemistry with Chris ... coool
I think I saw somewhere picture of actor who portrayed Chandler and he looked normal. I certainly don't understand why they wanted to him to look like he looked on the show, maybe to assure fans that he really is not any real threat to Klaine... but really, one time guy shows interest in Kurt and they had to treat him more like a joke.

Anyway, I feel kind of sorry for the actor of the new LI, he definitely won't have it easy. I certainly hope he doen't have a twitter, because some fans who cannot see difference between actors and characters can be really disgusting. Well and I am sorry for Chris too, because I am sure that he will get some "nice" tweets from fanatical fans about cheating on Blaine too.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  indiaskye 11/22/2012, 6:12 am

[quote="arina"][quote="indiaskye"]
arina wrote:
Anyway, I feel kind of sorry for the actor of the new LI, he definitely won't have it easy. I certainly hope he doen't have a twitter, because some fans who cannot see difference between actors and characters can be really disgusting. Well and I am sorry for Chris too, because I am sure that he will get some "nice" tweets from fanatical fans about cheating on Blaine too.

As curious as I am, I kinda hope that if they cast the role they won't announce who it is until January because as you said - the poor guy is going to get a lot of hate (just look at how much of it Dean got!), and it would be nice if they could shield him from that for as long as possible (plus, no one should have to deal with Twitter hate over christmas fanny2 ).

As for Chris - we'll just all have to make sure to send him lots of nice tweets to balance out all the hate he might get over this ... coool

To be honest, I never understand why people tweet the actors when they're not happy with what the characters are doing on the show. I mean, they're not the ones writing the scripts! If you want to complain to someone then tweet the writers/producers or FOX ...!
indiaskye
indiaskye
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 11/22/2012, 6:54 am

[quote="indiaskye"][quote="arina"]
indiaskye wrote:
arina wrote:

As curious as I am, I kinda hope that if they cast the role they won't announce who it is until January because as you said - the poor guy is going to get a lot of hate (just look at how much of it Dean got!), and it would be nice if they could shield him from that for as long as possible (plus, no o ne should have to deal with Twitter hate over christmas fanny2 ).

As for Chris - we'll just all have to make sure to send him lots of nice tweets to balance out all the hate he might get over this ... coool

To be honest, I never understand why people tweet the actors when they're not happy with what the characters are doing on the show. I mean, they're not the ones writing the scripts! If you want to complain to someone then tweet the writers/producers or FOX ...!

Dean is actor of Brody? I still don't remember the names of newbies. I heard he got a lot of hate, or Grant Gustin and Max Adler. Sometimes it really seems the fans don't realize that the twitter belongs to actors, not the characters. I know that Cory for example got a lot of hate for being mean to Blaine in season 3. Rolling Eyes I am sure Darren got "nice" messages for Blaine's infidelity too.

Well I am torn about this, I want to see the actor of Paul the sooner the better. Razz Maybe he is lucky guy and doesn't have a twitter. Still I am surprised how many people have twitter, I don't know anyone in my republic who use it. We are probably very late or something.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/22/2012, 10:29 am

[quote="indiaskye"]
arina wrote:

Call me shallow too! But I want the same, because Kurt deserves a guy equally handsome like he's and hopefully the same height or taller than he. Smile Is too much to ask? You know, actually I saw the pictures of the brunette guy who's rumored is going to be the new LI, and honestly he's those kind of boys who depends from the point of view is considered handsome.

arina wrote:...
Dean is actor of Brody? ...

Yes. His name is Dean Geyer.

And girls, nowadays most of celebs has twitter , even those independent actors/singers because is the new way to promote themselves and also keep in touch with fans. So what's this new guy can do is ignore those comments and then delete them, and if the things get worse, he can block them.

Last edited by brisallie on 11/22/2012, 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/22/2012, 10:33 am

Everybody has already forgotten about Chase. vexe

I loved Chase as Kurt's new LI..... crycry
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/22/2012, 10:46 am

^
I haven't forgotten Chase, for me he has all of these qualities we want for Kurt's new bf, though I'm not sure if he's as taller as him because we never seen them stand next to each other. But, was it ever confirmed or strongly rumored that Kase was gonna be a couple? In this case, everything indicates that actually something going to happen.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  indiaskye 11/22/2012, 11:04 am

Glorfindel wrote:Everybody has already forgotten about Chase. vexe

I haven't forgotten about Chase - it just doesn't look right now as if he's going to be Kurt's new LI. Seems to me they're going with the new character, although in that case I don't know what the point of even introducing Chase was ... unsure
indiaskye
indiaskye
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Catt24 11/22/2012, 11:15 am

Sorry Marie, but Chase did nothing for me. Plus, his whole leather s&m ideas from Makeover turned me off completely.

I am extremely curious in who they'll cast as Kurt's new LI. I hope it's with an actor that not only is charismatic, but can match Chris in the acting department, and has a bit of an edge/sizzle, in terms of chemistry with Chris. Although, I do believe (sadly) that Glee will still have issues of depicting gay PDA since the show is on FOX. I am hoping for a little more leeway since the show is at 9pm, and in TBU, they were able to get away with a little PDA since it wasn't a sweeps episode. So, who knows?

I feel like I've gotten early Christmas gift with these spoilers for Kurt. Even if Klaine is endgame, at least Kurt was presented with other options. However, I really do think them being friends and both of them moving from one another would be realistic since how many people stay with their high-school sweetheart?

Catt24
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 11/22/2012, 11:44 am

Catt24 wrote:

Sorry Marie, but Chase did nothing for me. Plus, his whole leather s&m ideas from Makeover turned me off completely.

I am extremely curious in who they'll cast as Kurt's new LI. I hope it's with an actor that not only is charismatic, but can match Chris in the acting department, and has a bit of an edge/sizzle, in terms of chemistry with Chris. Although, I do believe (sadly) that Glee will still have issues of depicting gay PDA since the show is on FOX. I am hoping for a little more leeway since the show is at 9pm, and in TBU, they were able to get away with a little PDA since it wasn't a sweeps episode. So, who knows?

I feel like I've gotten early Christmas gift with these spoilers for Kurt. Even if Klaine is endgame, at least Kurt was presented with other options. However, I really do think them being friends and both of them moving from one another would be realistic since how many people stay with their high-school sweetheart?

That's one of the things that annoys me the most in High School dramas/TV shows/movies. The percentage of lasting HS relationship in real life is very thin, particularly in cases where you have to live town for your studies necessities, and when you start working.

Regarding Kurt's love life, in all honesty, I don't trust FOX to let any gay interaction between Kurt and a new guy be shown. Honestly, the only thing I do want to see is that Kurt is being "courted"/hit on, and acknowledged as an attrctive, interesting witty young man, and not by a joke like Chandler was.

I'm fed up with all the denial that goes around his physical appearance, as if he was still the 11-year-old-looking kid we met back in S1, and also fed up with all the comments saying that "he doesn't deserve Blaine", which I never understood. I don't see what Blaine has that makes people say this kind of comments. His looks? Well Kurt does look effing good too. His personnality? Apart from being dapper, does he have one? At least Kurt IS a personality of his own, he truly is "the most interesting kid [in Ohio, I hope NY soon]" around.

I'd like to see that, even if he is not in Lima anymore, he still stands out and catches people eyes and minds. My problem with Paul is that, even if I adore the character, he is doomed, since it seems that it won't lead anywhere considering RM has decided Klaine was endgame. So for the moment, I'll be satisfied if at least Kurt is bieng "chased", and try not to get too invested with Paul to avoid disappointment later.

Last edited by coxfire on 11/22/2012, 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgetting words and/or letters can be a problem.... ;))
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/22/2012, 12:14 pm

[quote="Catt24"]

Chase was cute but I just don't see them as a couple.

I want Kurt's new LI to be handsome and charming and all that but I'm worried because I don't want the same thing that happened with Blaine to happen again. If he is too attractive all those annoying people will start again with "He is so sexy.' 'He is too good for Kurt.' or 'Why is he with Kurt, he should be with Blaine, because they will be soooo hot together.' and other stupid things like that. Not that Darren is more good looking than Chris but some very loud individuals insist that he is. Yeah sure, keep believing.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 11/22/2012, 12:22 pm

I haven't forgotten about Chase, I like him in his one scene with Kurt, he seemed likeable and sings great and I was kinda ready for Kase or at least some cute banter between them. But because there were annoucenement about casting new love interest (Paul) for someone and the description was totally the same as in the script, I think they decided to give Kurt love interest in NYADA, not in Voque. I hope they didn't promise Domenech bigger role because if he was supposed to originally the love interest, I feel really sorry for that guy.

arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/22/2012, 12:35 pm

I want Kurt's new LI to be handsome and charming and all that but I'm worried because I don't want the same thing that happened with Blaine to happen again. If he is too attractive all those annoying people will start again with "He is so sexy.' 'He is too good for Kurt.' or 'Why is he with Kurt, he should be with Blaine, because they will be soooo hot together.' and other stupid things like that. Not that Darren is more good looking than Chris but some very loud individuals insist that he is. Yeah sure, keep believing.

The ones who say that Blaine is more good looking that Kurt, are Blainers stans who're blind for his obssesion toward him, but also I blame some media to fuel this, sites like AE for instance usually put Blaine/Darren in the first places of "hot list". Personally still don't understand why Kurt doesn't deserve a handsome and charming boy too? I think that both guys are handsome in their own way, and they shouldn't be compared. Because it provokes this 'battle' among fans, well among fans who're only worried about physical appearance.

P.S deeply I think Kurt/Chris is way more handsome lol

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/22/2012, 12:42 pm

sheny wrote:I want Kurt's new LI to be handsome and charming and all that but I'm worried because I don't want the same thing that happened with Blaine to happen again. If he is too attractive all those annoying people will start again with "He is so sexy.' 'He is too good for Kurt.' or 'Why is he with Kurt, he should be with Blaine, because they will be soooo hot together.' and other stupid things like that. Not that Darren is more good looking than Chris but some very loud individuals insist that he is. Yeah sure, keep believing.

Kurt deserves the best of the best and I want to see him with a man that is worthy of him. Of course Kurt deserves a good looking LI and I think it's important that for a novel change, have a extremely good looking guy chasing Kurt instead of Kurt being the one to make the first move. I think that part of the issue with Blaine always being seen by some as "too good" for Kurt was that fur 95% of their courtship, it was Kurt pursuing Blaine (and getting dismissed, friend-zoned, having Blaine chase after another guy and even a girl before deciding that Kurt was worth his attention) and that set up a pretty significant imbalance in how the boys were percieved. It then ended up getting compounded with Blaine being the dreamboat lead who could pass for straight and have other guys interested in him, while Kurt was designated to being a background player and the only guy other than Blaine that showed even an iota of interest in him was Karofsky (who I think is plenty hunky and if it weren't for the toxic history between them would be a great match for Kurt).

Having Kurt in New York, where he is one of a tiny population of gay men and being the object of interest to a handsome, successful man who thinks that Kurt is worth persuing and wooing is going to be important so that when Kurt does reconcile with Blaine (and I think it's pretty much a sure thing that it will happen by the end of the season) that we no longer have Kurt in this position of being grateful that he can have a dreamy boyfriend that no one thinks he deserves. Being courted by both Blaine (who's desperate to reconcile) and this new man will definately improve Kurt's perception of himself as a sexy, desirable man and how the general audience percieves his relationship with Blaine. I've always felt that instead of Kurt being lucky to have Blaine in his life, that it's the other way around. Now the rest of the audience (except for the Blarren stans) will start to see what we've been seeing all along.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  indiaskye 11/22/2012, 12:51 pm

sheny wrote:Not that Darren is more good looking than Chris but some very loud individuals insist that he is. Yeah sure, keep believing.

Will you hit me if I say that I find them both very attractive?

Looks-wise they are complete opposites, but they are both gorgeous. However, beauty does indeed lie in the eye of the beholder and I have no problem with anyone saying that they don't think Darren is good-looking .. fanny2
indiaskye
indiaskye
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/22/2012, 1:28 pm

indiaskye wrote:
sheny wrote:Not that Darren is more good looking than Chris but some very loud individuals insist that he is. Yeah sure, keep believing.

Looks-wise they are complete opposites, but they are both gorgeous. However, beauty does indeed lie in the eye of the beholder and I have no problem with anyone saying that they don't think Darren is good-looking .. fanny2

I find Darren attractive too, he is a very handsome man. So don't worry I won't hit you. Smile
I just don't like the things some of his stans say about Kurt or Chris. Making Kurt look like the 'ugly duckling' in their relationship is what annoys me.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 11/22/2012, 1:33 pm

Everyone has different taste, that's the beaty of it fanny2 . Neither of them are exactly my type but I think they both are good looking (well Blaine can be ugly imo but that's fault of the costumers and hair people, not Darren), I prefer Chris's looks, because he is unique (in a good way imo) and there is just SOMETHING about him nd while he is not my type I sometimes cannot stop looking at him... And it still does impress my how he is able to look his age one day and the day after 12 years old again. Razz

Anyway I really can understand the appeal of both of them.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 11/22/2012, 2:03 pm

arina wrote:I haven't forgotten about Chase, I like him in his one scene with Kurt, he seemed likeable and sings great and I was kinda ready for Kase or at least some cute banter between them. But because there were annoucenement about casting new love interest (Paul) for someone and the description was totally the same as in the script, I think they decided to give Kurt love interest in NYADA, not in Voque. I hope they didn't promise Domenech bigger role because if he was supposed to originally the love interest, I feel really sorry for that guy.

I wouldn't have minded Chase as a love interest and I don't mind if he's not. However, I feel bad for Dan Domenech if he isn't given more to do on the show because it's a waste of his talent to only have those two small scenes.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 11/22/2012, 2:08 pm

Glee is expert in casting talented people and give them nothing, not that I would want them to steal screentime from regular characters but when I remember how excited I was that "Kirk" from Gilmore Girls is going to be on the show and then he had one word... Rolling Eyes
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/22/2012, 2:14 pm

indiaskye wrote:...

I wont, because I think the same.

And as Arina pointed, I think is because the outfit and the gel hair why Blaine looks so bad.I've seen pictures of Darren with her regular clothing and hair, and I think it looks better.

And why the hell Glee casted some talented people and then they're wasted? I understand if the person has a renowned name such as Gwyneth Paltrow, because then they're gonna say "Hey we have had this famous person on Glee". But what about others?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 11/22/2012, 2:35 pm

Ranwing wrote:
sheny wrote:I want Kurt's new LI to be handsome and charming and all that but I'm worried because I don't want the same thing that happened with Blaine to happen again. If he is too attractive all those annoying people will start again with "He is so sexy.' 'He is too good for Kurt.' or 'Why is he with Kurt, he should be with Blaine, because they will be soooo hot together.' and other stupid things like that. Not that Darren is more good looking than Chris but some very loud individuals insist that he is. Yeah sure, keep believing.

Kurt deserves the best of the best and I want to see him with a man that is worthy of him. Of course Kurt deserves a good looking LI and I think it's important that for a novel change, have a extremely good looking guy chasing Kurt instead of Kurt being the one to make the first move. I think that part of the issue with Blaine always being seen by some as "too good" for Kurt was that fur 95% of their courtship, it was Kurt pursuing Blaine (and getting dismissed, friend-zoned, having Blaine chase after another guy and even a girl before deciding that Kurt was worth his attention) and that set up a pretty significant imbalance in how the boys were percieved. It then ended up getting compounded with Blaine being the dreamboat lead who could pass for straight and have other guys interested in him, while Kurt was designated to being a background player and the only guy other than Blaine that showed even an iota of interest in him was Karofsky (who I think is plenty hunky and if it weren't for the toxic history between them would be a great match for Kurt).

Having Kurt in New York, where he is one of a tiny population of gay men and being the object of interest to a handsome, successful man who thinks that Kurt is worth persuing and wooing is going to be important so that when Kurt does reconcile with Blaine (and I think it's pretty much a sure thing that it will happen by the end of the season) that we no longer have Kurt in this position of being grateful that he can have a dreamy boyfriend that no one thinks he deserves. Being courted by both Blaine (who's desperate to reconcile) and this new man will definately improve Kurt's perception of himself as a sexy, desirable man and how the general audience percieves his relationship with Blaine. I've always felt that instead of Kurt being lucky to have Blaine in his life, that it's the other way around. Now the rest of the audience (except for the Blarren stans) will start to see what we've been seeing all along.

I agree with most everything you said, but I have a genuine question about the bolded. What is the definition everyone is using for being the "pursuer" in a relationship? Because I often see people say Kurt did all the pursuing in season 2, but I recently rewatched all of Kurt's scenes in season 2, and.....based on what I thought the word means, I don't think he actively pursued Blaine at all? If by Kurt being the pursuer everyone means that Kurt was the one who loved and pined for Blaine (when Blaine didn't seem to do the same or have similar feelings at all until Original Song), then I definitely understand and agree with that. But I always thought of courting, and pursuit, as actively doing/saying things to try and woo the other person, to impress them, to make them happy and make them feel special, and gradually get them to love you.

In season 2, even though they retconned it as Blaine being oblivously flirty, the fact still remains that it was actually Blaine doing all the traditional "wooing" up until the Valentine's Day episode. He flirted with Kurt (constantly touching him, adjusting the lapel of his clothes, smiling and giving him flirty looks, sometimes gave him compliments - such as how Kurt sings much better than the girl at the King's Island Christmas Spectacular will), Blaine invited him out on 'dates' to plays and got them the tickets, he bought him lunch and paid for his coffee, when Kurt was sad about not fitting in with the Warblers it was Blaine who went and got him an opportunity to audition, Blaine is the one who sought Kurt out to duet with for BICO, when Kurt was distressed about Pavarotti Blaine immediately came running and comforted him, when they first met it was Blaine who constantly texted Kurt and gave him courage/made him feel better, and even drove all the way to Lima to help him out - someone he barely knew - with the Karofsky situation.

Then Valentine's happened, and Blaine ended up liking Jeremiah - but before then, Kurt was absolutely convinced Blaine would ask him out (not Kurt ask Blaine), and even told Rachel and Mercedes at the sleepover that all the signs he'd read of Blaine flirting with him("we sang flirty duets together, he was always smiling at me") must have all been in his head. And when Kurt "confesses" at the end of the episode, he still phrases the confession as "I thought the guy you wanted to ask out on Valentine's Day was me." Thus, Blaine still doing the asking, the pursuing - Kurt didn't directly ask Blaine out himself. And after that scene Klaine is somewhat friend-zoned, and in the BIOTA episode, that's the only one where Kurt tells Finn flat out that he's not drinking because he wants to impress Blaine and he doesn't want to get too sloppy. In Sexy Blaine's the one who is more flirty again ("Kurt, you're blushing!"), and then Original Song happens, and boom, they're together. But for most of those episodes, it seemed to me that Kurt was waiting for Blaine to make the official first move, pining and hoping and loving him secretly and wishing Blaine would ask him out. From my perspective he didn't really seem to actively pursue Blaine at all, just love him first and wait around and pine for him. I felt Kurt was actually pretty passive.

So, I guess I'm just confused. What do people mean by being the one in the "pursuit" role in a relationship, especially if so many people think of Kurt as the pursuer back in season 2? I must have the definition all wrong, or the completely wrong idea, of both what pursuing and courting means.

(I've never dated anyone, and I guess it shows....)

However, I definitely agree with you that I want Paul to be the one to fall in love with, and be attracted to, Kurt first and be the one to woo him. Especially since the Jeremiah thing makes a lot of Blaine's flirty actions muddled and uncertain. I want someone to pursue and court Kurt who absolutely loves him and is interested in him only, not oblivious flirting (like Blaine's apparently was) but fully intended because Paul wants to be with Kurt from the beginning. Kurt deserves to feel loved and feel like he's desirable and worthy of attention, that people are lucky to be with him and not the other way around. (Basically, I whole-heartedly second your entire final paragraph in your post fanny2 )
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/22/2012, 3:25 pm

^I think what people mean is that it was Kurt who was first in love with Blaine, instead of the other way around. Sure, Blaine did all the flirting, but to me it seems he's just a touchy-feely guy who flirts with everyone, guys, girls and the furniture. Smile
Kurt didn't do any of the pursuing, but neither did Blaine (as he never really made a move at Kurt). Kurt just was pining for a long while and Blaine was oblivious. But when Blaine finally realized he wanted Kurt, he got him in the same episode.

Kurt was passive, didn't make a first move towards Blaine and waited for Blaine to make the move at him because he (Kurt) was severely burnt by his experiences with Finn and Sam. Finn still called him toxic for other guys to be around in 2x04, his dad gave him a reality check when it came to Kurt being interested in Sam in the same episode, and in 2x06 Kurt met Blaine. In the mean time Karofsky was (sexually) harassing him.
So I think it's very understandable that Kurt decided to wait with actively 'pursuing' and making a move at Blaine till he was absolutely sure that his feelings would be returned and his avances were appreciated. :(

As for Chase being Kurt's LI: I believe Dan Domenech himself or someone in his team said that he would be a serious threat to Klaine, when the Vogue story began. And his character's name 'Chase' sort of indicates that, because Kurtsies have wanted someone to 'chase' Kurt for a long time. It would indeed be a pity if Dan is not used more on Glee (I would love to hear him duet with Chris). Personally I have not given up hope, and keep praying that the Paul character will be for Quinn or someone else. tonguue
It is true that Glee is wasting the best actors and singers they hire. Just look at Cheyenne Jackson, John Schneider, and the Rachel Berry dads. And yes: I also was so excited for Kirk from the Gilmore Girls being in Glee, and he hardly even spoke. crycry

Last edited by Glorfindel on 11/22/2012, 4:45 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar, gurl!)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 11/22/2012, 3:28 pm

From Tumblr:

Okay, I am dying.

The covers for episode 4.09 are up on Amazon, and ‘Being Alive’ is listed as running for 4 mins 25 secs.

4:25.

That’s not just the second half of the song that’s usually sung as the solo version. That’s the whole thing. Even if the episode itself only uses the second half, we will still get to hear Chris Colfer and his extraordinary voice interpret and transform the whole song.

Dying.

Why is it not Monday week yet?

http://callie-quite-contrary.tumblr.com/post/36277868914/okay-i-am-dying
http://www.amazon.com/Being-Alive-Glee-Cast-Version/dp/B00AB7RL5E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1353582603&s=dmusic&sr=1-2

I don't know the show, so I am wondering why this is a big deal aside form more Chris awesomeness?
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next