Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x19 "Prom-asaurus" Watch & Discussion thread

+22
valkeakuulas
bayth
BlueJazz
Buenos
Shinra17
Ireth
CloveGlee
Emile
Delight
tanita_mors
arina
sheny
Divalicious
Catt24
sahhar
kac
M&M
fantastica
brisallie
Dame Loli
paulopf
Jellyrolls
26 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

3x19 "Prom-asaurus" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: 3x19 "Prom-asaurus" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Buenos 5/11/2012, 1:14 pm

Now Santana had never been nice to Rachel, and we got Rachel going all 'let's be friends!' with her after a duet in the choir room. As for Quinn, I suppose Rachel did spill the beans about Puck being the father of the baby to Finn, and that was about the only mean thing (that I could think of) that she had done to Quinn. The rest of the time, Rachel was, as the latest episode would have us believe, admiring Quinn from afar and craving for Quinn's friendship to the extent that their friendship was considered her best achievement in high school.

They make Rachel so needy in needing the friendship of the girls that treated her the worst her during her high school days.

They are trying so hard to establish a Santana /Rachel connection for season 4 and whatever plot contrivance to get them together. Realistically after high school Quinn and Santana would have absolutely nothing to do with Rachel.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

3x19 "Prom-asaurus" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: 3x19 "Prom-asaurus" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  valkeakuulas 5/11/2012, 3:00 pm

sheny wrote:I know a lot of people here love the Hummelberry friendship. I like I too. I love Lea and Chris’ scenes together and their duets are my favorite duets on the show. And being friends with Rachel means more screen time for Kurt because apparently she is the star. But I really don’t trust her. She already stabbed him in the back before and I’m afraid she will do it again if they ever compete about something.

I hope Rachel has really changed and never repeats her past mistakes. I love the Hummelberry moments and don’t want to see Kurt betrayed again.

I'm a Hummerberry fan but could not agree more with you on the bolded part. I think someone here already pointed it out on the Choke episode when she went to Kurt by the lockers: that at first I also thought 'she's going to try and sabotage Kurt'. I too found Rachel turning on Kurt at the class president issue quite cruel and selfish. So that kind of action from Rachel left a seed of doubt in my mind. And since Rachel now, after being crowned as PQ, thinks she's going to be back on track and better than ever, why not succumb to being a traitor.

Glee being a simpleton as a show, they would make a storyline where only one kid from Ohio can make it to NYADA and that only one can be Rachel after some dirty play. Little voice inside my head says this isn't going to be the case, but I'm still plotting, say if I was the writer of a show like Revenge and not Glee. But Rachel betraying Kurt again, again, again would eventually change their friedship to s*it and that will/would be the end of Glee.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/11/2012, 9:29 pm

Sorry for being soooo late but I have just picked up the courage to watch Choke. Is it ok if I share my thoughts on it here since the next ep will not be aired these few days ?

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/11/2012, 9:39 pm

you can share your thoughs of anything anytime, even if you just watched the pilot. neutre

go ahead sweetie. we love to hear from you.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/11/2012, 10:48 pm

Aww, thanks for the encouragement, Kim. Here's a kiss for you bisou

Well, after watching it one time (I repeat some Kurt's parts after that but didn't bother to rewatch others), I can see three main storylines going on in Choke and I'm gonna rank it first before commenting on them:

1) Kurt and Rachel's nyada auditions (is this even questionable moque )
2) Puck's 'I hate high school and geography so much' storyline
3) Beiste's DV storyline

Comments:
1) This storyline starts with Rachel's crazy inner monologue (does anyone miss Kurt's inner monologue on Glee, I think we haven't seen it since S1, right? However, Chris always manage to say thousand words with his face fanny2 , so...) and it reminds me the reason i just can't like Rachel like i love kurt because this girl IS JUST TOO CRAZY FOR ME! (I cannot understand why people keep saying that Kurt is the male version of Rachel because they are so different even though they do have some common character traits) Then, we have Kurt practicing 'music of the night' with the half asleep tina and boy, Kurt does sound good singing this song even though the body movements just make me wanna scream "Are you seriously wanna audition with this?" to kurt. I personally think that Kurt's angelic voice does suit the song if we put aside Phantom's character traits in the musical wub I would prefer this version rather than the one in Phantom movie as phantom's singing in that movie sounds quite horrible and forced to me. I also wanna side-eye Blaine for saying the performance is "fantastic" because it's just not despite of the vocals. (I hope that's really what he felt instead of trying to ruin kurt's audition) In spite of all the ridiculous performance, I still love that scene as it's quite funny and I love Chris doing some comedy although he's great in drama. Oh, ya, Kurt, please don't perform any number nude on Glee yet, ok? I don't think my body is ready for that blushh

Then, we have Hummelberry locker scene, where Rachel is looking out for kurt, which is totally cool and makes me love their friendship a little more. I think Rachel offers to be Christine probably because Tina played it so unwillingly in the previous scene. After that, the audition begins and Kurt's sudden change of plan still made my heart beat a bit fast even though I already knew about it. I'm glad that he prepared 2 numbers instead of totally following Rachel's advice. NTBND made me a little emotional and there's just no words to describe it. It's just so Kurt and it's definitely my fav kurt performace on glee (tie with rose's turn) aa54 CC definitely kills the song and makes it comparable to Hugh's version on broadway and now I just need Hugh Jackman himself to comment on it!!!

It's rachel's turn to audition and she just chokes halfway and Lea's performance breaks my heart a little bit (I've never broke my heart for rachel before, so she's GOOD). However, her singing of "Cry" is a bit too dramatic to me and makes me think "Hey, why don't you audition for some other universities instead of moping for days?!" Then, I thought "It's glee!" and it all makes sense to me. Btw, why did Rachel mention that she was practicing her dance moves in the beginning although she's singing DROMP? Is it possible to dance while singing that song blinkk ?

1 question here: do you all think Kurt's dancing ability is adequate for Broadway? I always thought that he's the 3rd best dancer in ND after Mike and Brittany but mike's comment on his dancing makes me think that I may be blind, so I just wanna hear you opinion, especially if you're a huge broadway fan, unlike me.

2) Puck's story is just silly and definitely very puck but it's just not my cup of tea. I think ' School's out' is ok but 'rain in spain' is just a bit awful and ridiculous. I don't think I want Mark to sing rock again after this ep, though.

3) Hmm, this is really an interesting issue and I can feel Bieste's sadness from Dot's acting but the writing is just... No
I think CBT is just so wrong context-wise but it's good to watch Jenna sounding sexy on my screen. The confession of being abused by Bieste is just forced and abrupt to me and I couldn't feel the emotions that Bieste's going through in that scene. Sigh...In short, glee should never ever handle any serious issue again since they didn't send any good message to the viewers and it just turn 'glee' into 'grief' dryy

After watching this ep, I have come up with an idea of dealing with glee's frustrating storyline in future: Go watch Kurt's NTBND performance over and over again and forget about anything else vexe I hope this works for me until the end of glee tonguue

That's all I think of Choke and I hope the reading didn't bore you neutre

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 5/12/2012, 1:14 am

BlueJazz wrote:

1 question here: do you all think Kurt's dancing ability is adequate for Broadway? I always thought that he's the 3rd best dancer in ND after Mike and Brittany but mike's comment on his dancing makes me think that I may be blind, so I just wanna hear you opinion, especially if you're a huge broadway fan, unlike me.

I'm not Broadway fan, i probably would be if i lived in The US and had the chance to go.
But I think the same way about Kurt's dancing skills. He is good and don't understand why Mike said that. I'm not sure about the 3rd place, Blaine is little bit better and I don't know if I should count Kevin, he is good dancer in real life but Artie is in a wheelchair. Kurt definitely is one of the best dancers for me. I'm not an expert, but I like him.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/12/2012, 9:43 am

^ Him being the 3rd best dancer in ND is just my own opinion, but maybe I'm biased because I just love him tonguue Is Blaine really better than Kurt? blinkk I thought he does best in jumping up to furniture? Is that a type of dancing? Hmm...

I would love go to see a Broadway show if I'm in NYC! Sadly, I live so far away from it and might not have that kind of opportunity anytime soon crycry I hope I'll get to see Chris on broadway doing a musical written by himself some day aa54

Iv'e watching some videos of Hugh jackman performing at Awards ceremony and I really love them wub Although he does not have an epic vocal like Barbra but his charisma and confidence on stage just make people fall in love with him. I guess that's the spirit of a true performer neutre When will Chris and Hugh sing a duet on screen?

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/12/2012, 10:07 am

I don't know anything about dancing, so this is just my very subjective unprofesional opinion, I think Kurt / Chris is lovely "bad" in freestyle :-D, when there is a choreography I noticed that he does his movies sometimes too early or too late than others and sometimes he does bad steps (so does everybody because they have little time for learning the choreography), but I think he still is one of the rather good dancers from the boys (Kevin and Harry are definitely better and I think Darren probably as well, but Cory, Mark, Damian and Chord are worse).

I think Naya, Jenna and Dianna as unprofessional dancers dance very well.

Overall I don't think Kurt is one of the best or worst dancers, I think he is in the middle. But Lea is not the best dancer in the world and is on Broadways so I don't see any reason why Kurt couldn't be :-)

arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/12/2012, 10:22 am

arina wrote:I think Naya, Jenna and Dianna as unprofessional dancers dance very well.
I believe that Dianna used to be a dancer.

I think Chris is a reasonable to good dancer with choreography: he keeps up very well with Harry in group numbers and is mostly on beat, unlike others. Rolling Eyes Plus not many guys can move the hips so loosely as Chris can, and he's quite 'bendable'. Razz
It's funny, because every time Chris just moves his legs along with the music (without choreography) he's usually off beat (just look at 'Candles'). wub

Overall I don't think Kurt is one of the best or worst dancers, I think he is in the middle. But Lea is not the best dancer in the world and is on Broadways so I don't see any reason why Kurt couldn't be :-)
There are 2 type of performers in musical theatre: singers who can dance, and dancers who can sing.
It depends on the musical and the roles which type of performer they'll hire for the chorus line.

The main roles usually go to singers who can dance, because the vocals are way more important than the dancing. The choreography is build around the 'star' performer, making him/her look better at dancing than they really are.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/12/2012, 10:54 am

arina wrote:I don't know anything about dancing, so this is just my very subjective unprofesional opinion, I think Kurt / Chris is lovely "bad" in freestyle :-D, when there is a choreography I noticed that he does his movies sometimes too early or too late than others and sometimes he does bad steps (so does everybody because they have little time for learning the choreography), but I think he still is one of the rather good dancers from the boys (Kevin and Harry are definitely better and I think Darren probably as well, but Cory, Mark, Damian and Chord are worse).

I like especially the Control number which in it self was one of the best dance numbers ever done in Glee. But not just Chris but some others were strugling and I remember Harry stating in some promo that it was difficult even for him. But I find Chris' "slight" delays endearing, he's not a dancer but hangs on. What I do see him doing every now and then are these corrective steps to get back into the beat. They make me laugh because I do excatly that in my exercise and bodybalance classes, always a little behind...or early.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/12/2012, 10:56 am

Glorfindel wrote:
I believe that Dianna used to be a dancer.

Really? Shocked I think I'm more convinced that I'm blind when it comes to dancing now after reading all your comments crycry I might need to watch more "Dancing with the stars" to learn more about dancing, then...

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/12/2012, 10:58 am

BlueJazz wrote: Oh, ya, Kurt, please don't perform any number nude on Glee yet, ok? I don't think my body is ready for that blushh

Bad Kurtsie! tonguue

However, we were fortunate enough to be granted the epic NTBND performance, which is almost as good as (if not better than) a Phantom performance in the nude.

There's no denying it. Kurt's NTBND performance was one, big fan service to Kurtsies everywhere. It's plot-relevant fan service, but fan service nonetheless. So, I suppose we shouldn't begrudge the fans and shippers of the other characters their respective fan services in the Prom-a-saurus episode.

I'm not the best judge when it comes to dancing, but I won't put my foot down too hard to argue that he's the best dancer after Mike and Brittany or anything like that. Chris had admitted that he's no dancer when the show started. Kurt may not be the best dancer, but his personality (or 'Kurt-ness') shines through in his every dance move. Can't say the same for the rest of the characters. I find Kurt's dance moves to be unique if it's a solo performance, and ever so slightly different from everyone else's in group performances. I guess this is what Zach meant by Chris 'putting his own thing into everything' in the BTS video of Preggers. I doubt that Zach would've had the time and energy to come up with a different choreography for just Kurt alone in group dances.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 5/12/2012, 12:02 pm

BlueJazz wrote:1 question here: do you all think Kurt's dancing ability is adequate for Broadway? I always thought that he's the 3rd best dancer in ND after Mike and Brittany but mike's comment on his dancing makes me think that I may be blind, so I just wanna hear you opinion, especially if you're a huge broadway fan, unlike me.
What is it? it's something that happened during the eps? (I do a lot of fastfowarding when watching glee Laughing ). My opinion about Chris's dancing is that he's not a natural dancer and not the most aesthetic choreographer either but he doesn't have any particular flaw that would prevent him from being a good one if he has time to train, he doesn't have any part of his body who seems wooden. Btw, He was my favorite dancer in the BTW number. More importantly, like he does with the singing, Chris is also in acting mode when he dances. HeMo, for instance, is a better technical dancer but she never express anything when she dances, she has a completely expressionless face. And all the dancings in broadway shows are in character and in SL, so whether we talk about Kurt or Chris, I don't think it would be a problem for them.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/12/2012, 12:21 pm

^ I think Mike made some negative comments on Kurt's dancing in 3.02, if I'm not mistaken. Maybe one of the reasons I find Chris' dancing so enjoyable in Glee is because he's so in character all the time neutre Plus, his moves are quite smooth because he's flexible. I don't know much about dancing techniques, though. I wish we have a dancing expert here to do some analysis tonguue We might need another thread for that...

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 5/12/2012, 2:42 pm

Yes, Mike said something about how he has one move, and how that is super distracting. Razz

Oh! I found the gif! v

3x19 "Prom-asaurus" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_lveodeYyrM1qbeqbeo1_500
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Loli 5/12/2012, 3:50 pm

It's the "sashay" move!!!
Dame Loli
Dame Loli
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

http://dameloli.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/12/2012, 7:46 pm

Dame Loli wrote:It's the "sashay" move!!!
It's the sashay move that Kurt used to succesfully nail his NTBND audition. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/12/2012, 8:47 pm

Emile wrote:Yes, Mike said something about how he has one move, and how that is super distracting. Razz

Oh! I found the gif! v

3x19 "Prom-asaurus" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_lveodeYyrM1qbeqbeo1_500

LOL for me he didn't a negative comment , just pointed that Kurt has an only movement, probably he haven't put attention to the other ones.

Talking seriosuly, I think Chris is not as professional as Harry and Heather when's about dancing but he has the ability to learn steps and coreography easily plus he could move loosely so it means he has rhythm in his body is that the most important for me if sb wanna learn any dance. However I'm not expert in Broadway stuff so I have no idea what's better ther is professional skill or just facial expressions during the coreography, this last thing Chris nails it
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7