Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4

+36
ladydianab
bayth
ColferGirl
Catt24
Vir Cotto
emilynna
kac
Dame Loli
ChrisColferFan1
Divalicious
dap1217
E-ko
Ireth
msjoanlucette
happydays
sheny
paulopf
fountain
Esme
Shinra17
Emile
valkeakuulas
CloveGlee
Jellyrolls
arina
ColferInspired
Delight
fantastica
sjonnepon
tanita_mors
sahhar
Glorfindel
BlueJazz
Buenos
M&M
brisallie
40 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 29 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4

Post  tanita_mors 7/15/2012, 6:14 pm

I don't know if you guys caught it, but apparently besides Brittany, there is going to be another tribute. That is, an artist that has a catalog so big that there will be two episodes dedicated to him/them. They said it's a male artist, and then clarified it's a band, so I'm thinking Beatles, Queen, Rolling Stones (do not want because I don't like them),...
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 29 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4

Post  Emile 7/15/2012, 6:26 pm

- Sarah Jessica Parker’s Vogue Connection -

Sarah Jessica Parker has had a longstanding association with Vogue magazine thanks to her famed Carrie Bradshaw character in “Sex and The City,” but her guest arc on “Glee” too will have a major connection to the fashion bible.

“Sarah Jessica Parker is gonna be running Vogue.com,” “Glee” co-creator and executive producer Ian Brennan told AccessHollywood.com at Comic-Con on Saturday.

According to Ian, Sarah’s character will be kookier than we’ve seen the actress before.

“That’s sort of where we encounter this character, who’s sort of frazzled, eccentric, hilarious,” he told Access. “It’s gonna be good.”

The producer confirmed Sarah Jessica’s storyline will have her encountering both Rachel (Lea Michele) and Kurt (Chris Colfer) in New York City, and with Kurt having missed out on attending his dream school, could an internship be the reason the fashionable teen crosses paths with the actress?

“We’ll see,” he said.

-------------------------------------------

Then the article continues, but it's about K. Hudson and her character. - X

Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/15/2012, 6:31 pm

^^^To quote Tom & Lorenzo when they discuss Lea Michele "Of course".
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 7/15/2012, 6:53 pm

Well, at least Chris will be happy....this is exactly what he wanted. The last time he was asked, he said;

But where does Colfer want him to go? "The offices of Vogue. I want him to be Anna Wintour's assistant, and then of course I want him to sing at night. Maybe he goes to Joe's Pub occasionally and has a random concert with him and two people. And then eventually I want him to be the editor in chief of Curtain Magazine, which combines fashion and show choir."

Source

I hope Chris's second wish in there comes true as well, if he's getting everything of what he's hoping for here. As long as Kurt is still singing, I don't mind if he does it at night at a bar/pub/club. That could be cool, actually, and a great way to catch a handsome guy's attention. fanny2

As long as SJP's screentime is still 90% with Kurt, and she only has a scene or two with Rachel, then I don't mind too much about Rachel's intrusion here, as I've mentioned before. Also, with these writers, it's completely possible that they'll trick us again and make us think Kurt will suddenly go into fashion and then, while he's interning at Vogue, he gets another Broadway opportunity, or he's auditioning for shows while he works at Vogue. Lots of things could happen, so those of us who wanted him to stick with Broadway, I wouldn't give up all hope just yet...

Darren Criss told Access he hopes Kurt’s new storyline could lead Blaine into an SJP interaction.

“I’ve had a good ride, sort of hanging on to Chris’ coattails. If I could continue to do that, that’ll be great… And if that yields work with Sarah Jessica Parker, I’ll be thrilled. That’d be so cool. I love her,” he told Access.

dryy Trying to keep my nasty comment to myself on this one, but really? Really. dryy
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 7/15/2012, 7:44 pm

^Yah, that comment was seriously uncalled for. :| I didn't include it for obvious reasons.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/15/2012, 7:45 pm

tanita_mors wrote:I'm just waiting for Blaine to crush on a straight guy and that suddenly being so cool and hot, opposite to the crucifying Kurt received from GA for the same thing in season 1. You just know that is going to happen.

totally see that happening.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/15/2012, 8:11 pm

OT, but Kim, this totally NEEDS to be your signature

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 29 On-the-internet
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/15/2012, 8:27 pm

It seems more and more that the future of Kurt is made up off Chris's own ideas ('Kurtain magazine'), even his real life aspirations/achievements (as a writer), and popular (old) fanfics of Kurt being in fashion, instead of something RIB came up with themselves. Wasn't there a real invitation for an internship once of a magazine Kurt wanted to be president of or something (it was on his bucket list)?
It's so lazy and uninspiring of RIB, and they're downright parasiting on other people's minds and imagination, ugh.

Not that I mind a Vogue internship future for Kurt, it's a good one, but after season 3 and Kurt being so exited to get into musical theater, I can't get behind it anymore. Kurt's musical talent will be downplayed or forgotten.
And it only proves RIB have spend not one single second of thought on Kurt's (or most other characters') future plans before the finale of season 3. They just make things up as they go, 'borrowing' from fanfics and basing storylines on the lyrics of (pop) songs they hear on the radio or steal from the fandom's "Songs we like to hear..."-threads and think they can sell on iTunes.

Wanna bet Kurt will sing Wicked's 'Popular' while doing Rachel's make-over? Oh no, scratch that, not Kurt but SJP will sing 'Popular' to Rachel, since she will be the one giving her the make-over. Kurt will be in his rightful place, as their SJP's devoted assistant.
Dammit. :angry:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 7/15/2012, 8:38 pm

I am still interested in seeing what Chris thinks about the comments made at Comic-con, as Chris not Kurt. How careful will he be with his words, especially now that he is in the public eye more than the rest of the Glee cast members.

I noticed that Chris has more twitter followers than both Taylor Lautner and Rob Pattinson. But not Justin Bieber yet. Yes, I had time on my hands today. Don't judge me!LOL.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/15/2012, 8:43 pm

tanita_mors wrote:OT, but Kim, this totally NEEDS to be your signature

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 29 On-the-internet

you are late. I have already used it, for about an hour or so. I just don't like tagging every one of my post w/ a huge signature picture. I want something that's almost invisible. and I have used that pic a few times before already. tonguue the main thing is, I am never tired of looking at Tiny or Corry, but I don't get that much love for this cat. He reminds me of Bin Laden (must be the big beard thing).
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/15/2012, 8:54 pm

ColferGirl wrote:
Darren Criss told Access he hopes Kurt’s new storyline could lead Blaine into an SJP interaction.

“I’ve had a good ride, sort of hanging on to Chris’ coattails. If I could continue to do that, that’ll be great… And if that yields work with Sarah Jessica Parker, I’ll be thrilled. That’d be so cool. I love her,” he told Access.

dryy Trying to keep my nasty comment to myself on this one, but really? Really. dryy

OK, I know I should go on snark and bark with this, but rather than bring the spoiler to snark and bark, I'm going to put my comment in the spoiler tag. Read at your own risk.

Spoiler:
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/15/2012, 10:28 pm

Yeah I know he's still his boyfriend (sadly) but Why Blaine has to be in everything related to Kurt??? I'm sure if Darren ask to Ryan to be in a scene with SJP, somehow RM gonna do something for it.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/15/2012, 11:04 pm

This Kurt doesn't like PDA thing is kind of pissing me off. Remember in Duets when Kurt told Burt he wanted to be able to dance with a guy at prom, and walk hand in hand with his boyfriend in the hallways? Remember when Kurt danced all around Blaine in Prom Queen, just hoping for a slow dance, and it took Kurt being humiliated for Blaine to dance with him? Blaine says he's out and proud, but he seems to be the one who shies away from PDA.

Brad is an idiot. I think he may be more of an idiot than Ryan.

I just sent him these tweets:

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/15/2012, 11:32 pm

ColferGirl wrote:Well, at least Chris will be happy....this is exactly what he wanted. The last time he was asked, he said;

But where does Colfer want him to go? "The offices of Vogue. I want him to be Anna Wintour's assistant, and then of course I want him to sing at night. Maybe he goes to Joe's Pub occasionally and has a random concert with him and two people. And then eventually I want him to be the editor in chief of Curtain Magazine, which combines fashion and show choir."

Source

I hope Chris's second wish in there comes true as well, if he's getting everything of what he's hoping for here. As long as Kurt is still singing, I don't mind if he does it at night at a bar/pub/club. That could be cool, actually, and a great way to catch a handsome guy's attention. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 29 1688725052

As long as SJP's screentime is still 90% with Kurt, and she only has a scene or two with Rachel, then I don't mind too much about Rachel's intrusion here, as I've mentioned before. Also, with these writers, it's completely possible that they'll trick us again and make us think Kurt will suddenly go into fashion and then, while he's interning at Vogue, he gets another Broadway opportunity, or he's auditioning for shows while he works at Vogue. Lots of things could happen, so those of us who wanted him to stick with Broadway, I wouldn't give up all hope just yet...

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 29 357632081 Trying to keep my nasty comment to myself on this one, but really? Really. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 - Page 29 357632081

Yeah, and once Chris is done with Glee, he won't have Chris's coattails to hang to anymore. I will celebrate that day when it happens. Twisted Evil

So Chris has got one of his wishes.

I wonder if he will get the one were Kurt is dating other guys. The break he wants Klaine to have.

I will just sit back and wait and see.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/16/2012, 12:34 am

chris will be done w/ glee when the show is off the air. it seems that he needs this platform to stay media-relevant so he can launch other projects - it's a lot easier for existing celebrities to promote movies/books/whatever. If you are nobody you can't even get the attention of the reporters to come for an interview. That's what he meant by "shelf-life".

And chris has proven a very effective multi-tasker. I can see him drop dead from working too much rather than quitting one project to do another. He would do them all, simultaneously whenever humanly possible.

back to Darren - I believe he too will stay on the show until the end of the show lifespan, so he can ride Chris' coattail for as long as Chris has a coattail.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/16/2012, 12:38 am

fantastica wrote:chris will be done w/ glee when the show is off the air. it seems that he needs this platform to stay media-relevant so he can launch other projects - it's a lot easier for existing celebrities to promote movies/books/whatever. If you are nobody you can't even get the attention of the reporters to come for an interview. That's what he meant by "shelf-life".

And chris has proven a very effective multi-tasker. I can see him drop dead from working too much rather than quitting one project to do another. He would do them all, simultaneously whenever humanly possible.

and it's very clever of him to do all of this. Thank goodness he's an intelligent man. I've seen way too many exceptionally talented actors/actresses fizzle out or not get the success they deserve because of making wrong choices or not being able to intelligently plan their careers.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/16/2012, 5:13 am

Vir Cotto wrote:
Divalicious wrote:They do work hard in not making Kurt fans happy. I am glad that we will see how Kurt gets to NY rather thaneverything being glossed over. I am sure they are using Kurt to bring the non-actor Alex's Unique into the fold. Therefore any stories of having solos at competitions will go to the acceptable gay who sings like a girl and wants to be a girl, rather than the one who waited supportively for three years, because he is the unacceptable effeminate gay who likes being a boy. Oh well.

Rachel will undoubtedly get humor along with her drama, and yet another guy after her, exciting stuff there. I am just hoping for a star discovery story for Kurt, where Rachel is slogging about at NYADA, Santana is bored silly with her cheerleader scholarship, and we finally get Kurt's resilient uniqueness finally rewarded.

At least with Kurt at McKinley perhaps we will get a scene where Will apologizes for not supporting Kurt's future by letting him sing at competitions. Every other senior is out of Ohio, except Kurt (not counting Britt because all her teachers are at fault, not just Will) and perhaps Will might actually realize.that focusing so.much on his perceived stars, he failed so many others. It would be great if they spread the love for all and decrease the Rachel worship.

If not, perhaps we will get some Kurt and Sue interaction, which is always good.

You really think they're going to acknowledge Will's poor treatment of Kurt?! From what I've read, Kurt will be Will's little helper when it comes to rebuilding New Directions this year. That'll probably include pep talks about what a wonderful teacher he is, and how great it is that he gives all of his students an equal chance to shine.

Also, I think we should give up all hope that Kurt will be anything but fashion. They've made it very clear that he is the wrong kind of gay for a career in the performing arts. He will be shoved into a gay fashion ghetto: the only appropriate place for an inconvenient fem gay boy.

At first I was furious and upset about what they're putting Kurt through and making him become...but I've decided to ignore these spoilers or stay optimistic because I'm already stressed enough in real life and don't need to worry about a TV show.

And this may actually turn out well for Kurt-we get to see his whole planning/thought process about his future (it's been said before he takes a detour before becoming a star), and we may see some of the injustices done to him last season addressed?
sahhar wrote:
fantastica wrote:chris will be done w/ glee when the show is off the air. it seems that he needs this platform to stay mediLa-relevant so he can launch other projects - it's a lot easier for existing celebrities to promote movies/books/whatever. If you are nobody you can't even get the attention of the reporters to come for an interview. That's what he meant by "shelf-life".

and it's very clever of him to do all of this. Thank goodness he's an intelligent man. I've seen way too many exceptionally talented actors/actresses fizzle out or not get the success they deserve because of making wrong choices or not being able to intelligently plan their careers.

I'm just so happy with what Chris doing, and focusing on his career is going to keep me sane and happy.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 7/16/2012, 6:36 am

ColferGirl wrote:

Erm, ok? Ugh, I don't even know what to say about this annoying comment.

After reading that new article about SJP's role, I have a feeling that Rachel will be the one who introduce SJP to Kurt after they met in NYC first dryy And Rachel will be his fairy godmother and the greatest friend in the whole world and Kurt will have to be eternally grateful to her. Great, Kurt will continue to stay under the shadow of Rachel until the end. Hmm...I think Glee might be dead to me now. phr34r

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/16/2012, 7:22 am

Buenos wrote:
So really it hasn't even started and S4 pretty much looks like road kill for Kurt.

Glorfindel wrote:
They can't undo the damage that was done in season 3, but they at least could come up with something better than having Kurt be a Lima loser, hanging around his old high school and his former glee club teacher, who did nothing for him all these years.

The fact that Kurt (a Congressman’s son !) has got no back up plan besides NYADA, is still in Lima when colleges begin and "doesn't know what to do next" really, really pisses me off. rentine

^ That's pretty much how I feel right now too. The advantage of a forum like this is that you get to read what other like-minded people have to say, so that you don't need to say it yourself Smile

tanita_mors wrote:I don't know if you guys caught it, but apparently besides Brittany, there is going to be another tribute. That is, an artist that has a catalog so big that there will be two episodes dedicated to him/them. They said it's a male artist, and then clarified it's a band, so I'm thinking Beatles, Queen, Rolling Stones (do not want because I don't like them),...

I find it very disheartening that the writers believed that repeating another Brittany/Britney episode is what this show needs. Also, a gazillion more tribute episodes. I sometimes wonder about their thought processes. dryy

Jellyrolls wrote:This Kurt doesn't like PDA thing is kind of pissing me off.

I'd applaud your efforts, Jellyrolls, but something tells me that it may not be wise to poke the people who truly held Kurt's fate in their (inept) hands. If we argue too loudly that Kurt isn't one to shy away from PDA based on what we've seen so far, they can later retcon Kurt so that their accusation explanation is 'canon'. They'll probably write a scene in season 4 where Kurt would the one turning down Blaine's attempt at making out in public (even though Blaine never does this, ever, except when he's drunk in the backseat of a car) and saying "I hate PDA, Blaine!"

Just like it's canon that Kurt is happy and content after a shitty year of having his dad nearly die of a heart condition, getting bullied out of his school and later humiliated during prom-- "Kurt Hummel has a pretty good year."

I shudder to think what the writers would make Kurt do or say just to shut up his fans. They can be so unprofessional in the way they handle their own messes-- the latest 'Kurt hates PDA' claim being just one example.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/16/2012, 8:13 am

Probably not very healthy during my holiday, I know blushh , but all night long I kept thinking about Brad's remark of "putting Kurt in a tough spot" with him not getting into NYADA and staying in Lima for now.

I know Lima is a bad place for a kid like Kurt, and it caused him many set backs and pain (the bullying, him not getting the spotlight in ND and in WSS), enough 'tough spots' to 'explore' his resilience. But really, Brad? Did you forget the other 'tough spots' you put Kurt through, ordeals which are totally unrelated to Kurt being an effeminate gay in a narrowminded homophobic town?
His father almost dying, Karofsky sexually harassing him and him fleeing to Dalton, Sebastian pursuing Blaine while insulting Kurt and wanting to harm him with a rock salt slushie (and Blaine accusing Kurt of text cheating with another guy to boot): those were all 'tough spots' that had nothing to do with Kurt being a special gay unicorn stuck in cow town Lima. Why put Kurt through all that shit as well?

No other character has had so many bad things happening to him/her in Glee, with him/her having no influence over it. Kurt really didn't need another 'tough spot' with a NYADA rejection to prove he's resilient. It is simple pain porn, and it needs to stop.
Saying that it's interesting to put Kurt in a 'tough spot' now (masking a clear cop-out of bad writing and planning of Kurt's season 3 arc), when you have put him in a tough spot over and over again, is just bullshit, Brad, same as saying that "Kurt hates PDA". pauly

As I said before: the spoilers can go either way for Kurt: well-written and with a satisfying solution (hey, who am I kidding?) or another flubbed and shallow story destroying Kurt's character (again). I try not to care and think about that too much: we'll see it when season 4 starts. But the way things were worded and phrased at Comic-Con, especially everything Brad said, was so bad it makes me cringe whenever I watch or read them.
Good grief. badday

(And yes, I'm still enjoying my holiday, so no intervention is needed, thank you.) fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/16/2012, 9:52 am

Delight wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:This Kurt doesn't like PDA thing is kind of pissing me off.

I'd applaud your efforts, Jellyrolls, but something tells me that it may not be wise to poke the people who truly held Kurt's fate in their (inept) hands. If we argue too loudly that Kurt isn't one to shy away from PDA based on what we've seen so far, they can later retcon Kurt so that their accusation explanation is 'canon'. They'll probably write a scene in season 4 where Kurt would the one turning down Blaine's attempt at making out in public (even though Blaine never does this, ever, except when he's drunk in the backseat of a car) and saying "I hate PDA, Blaine!"

Just like it's canon that Kurt is happy and content after a shitty year of having his dad nearly die of a heart condition, getting bullied out of his school and later humiliated during prom-- "Kurt Hummel has a pretty good year."

I shudder to think what the writers would make Kurt do or say just to shut up his fans. They can be so unprofessional in the way they handle their own messes-- the latest 'Kurt hates PDA' claim being just one example.

I doubt Brad even saw what I tweeted, but it made me feel better Smile Actually, I don't even care about the PDA--seeing Klaine PDA isn't as important to me. What I care about is that Brad is blaming Kurt for something that there is the exact opposite of who Kurt is.

But then again, the squeaky wheels get the grease when it comes to glee, and the Darren stans, Rachel stans, and Brittania stans seem to be the most squeaky, and dictate what happens.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/16/2012, 12:10 pm

judging by Brad's words S4 kurt may not be better off than S3 Kurt. It proved that they love to torture him. Ready for another year of rough ride my fellow Kurtsies, or simply shut your brain down, like I am trying to do...
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 7/16/2012, 2:05 pm

When I look at what Brad said I don't agree with it, but for a writer he and the rest are very constrained by the actors they have. Except for a small handful they all have a very limited range. To make a story interesting you need conflict, hunky-dory is fine for the kids, but adults won't hang around for rainbows. So who can do conflict? Rachel is already going to have a supposedly non-supportive teacher, Finn is going into the military-not known for hand holding. Is there anyone in the Glee club who can do angst, un, no. So we have Kurt shouldering a burden, he is less dramatic than Rachel, and smarter than Finn, his character can easily enter into most storylines, whereas others might stick out like a sore thumb.

Yep, it sucks, but it also makes him important in storylines to be able to write something other than teenage love triangles and I need to pass this class. Do I like that Kurt keeps being used to prop up those who don't have acting range? I hate it with a passion, that is why I am hoping the new people they are hiring have talent and charisma, and the writers feel safe moving Kurt away from Lima.

I saw somewhere an idea I really liked, that Rachel goes to SJP for her makeover, sees her disorganization, and suggests Kurt as an assistant. That would be a way to get him to NY. We know that he has great organizational skills. Then I am hoping that he gets SJP to reveal that she has her own dancing and singing skills, a dream duet and dance number. It rekindles Kurt's first love, and he applies for a play, and gets it.

But of course, this is NOT-Glee, or you-must-pass-to-sing-here television. Do I really think any of this will happen, no, not really, but it makes me feel better to post some positive thoughts for Mr. Kurt Hummel.

No matter how crappy he is written, not even RIB have the skill to destroy Kurt Hummel, thanks to Chris.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/16/2012, 2:26 pm

When I look at what Brad said I don't agree with it, but for a writer he and the rest are very constrained by the actors they have. Except for a small handful they all have a very limited range. To make a story interesting you need conflict, hunky-dory is fine for the kids, but adults won't hang around for rainbows. So who can do conflict? Rachel is already going to have a supposedly non-supportive teacher, Finn is going into the military-not known for hand holding. Is there anyone in the Glee club who can do angst, un, no. So we have Kurt shouldering a burden, he is less dramatic than Rachel, and smarter than Finn, his character can easily enter into most storylines, whereas others might stick out like a sore thumb.

I agree that most of the younger actors not named Chris, Lea or Cory cannot carry the acting. (Naya sometimes but more and more she seems hit and miss at times..). However, instead of blaming the actors , I think most of the blame can be laid on the feet of the writers. Glee's writers have no sense of continuity or even character consistency. Lea and Cory are very good actors IMO, and even they have to deal with crapfest that has been the "Finchell" dynamics for 3 years to the point that even fans of the two characters wanted them split up.

Kurt is stuck in Lima I'm convinced because, as usual, the writers haven't figured out how to make the McKinley scenes work without any of their heavy hitters in the Glee club anymore. The conundrum is that the adults actors, Matt, Jane, Dot , Jayma, etc are all stuck in Lima, Ohio. The PTB have announced (huge grain of salt) that most of the action will still take place in Ohio. You can't to that if all 3 (or 4) of your young heavy hitters are gone. By default, Kurt has to stick around because without adequate foresight, they had written off the other graduates with other plans. Blaine , ARtie and Tina doing solos in the choir room, nobody believes for an instant that their adventures by themselves can keep the Ohio portion of the show going. So Kurt is going to be the link between NY and Ohio, as Rachel's best friend and Blaine's boyfriend. He is the anchor to make the show interesting when it reverts back to tired New Directions shenanigans that have been done too many times already.

What the writers haven't figured out (nor IMO will they) is how to keep the Sectional, Regionals, Nationals format for season 4 fresh when all the interesting Seniors are gone. I hope I'm wrong, but my guess is they will drag out Kurt sticking around Lima to disguise the fact that the Ohio setting as a huge gaping hole that can't be disguised forever.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/17/2012, 3:08 am

Divalicious wrote:No matter how crappy he is written, not even RIB have the skill to destroy Kurt Hummel, thanks to Chris.

Alas, there is only so much an actor can do with the material he has been handed though. Good acting can elevate the material, but there is a limit to it.

However, there is no denying that Chris had been trying his damnedest to save Kurt from destruction since 'Prom Queen'.

Further evidence : Script of Klaine scene in Emma's office in DWS. Kurt's simmering defiance/annoyance and humoring of his 'emotional' bf seemed to be all Chris. All they had written about Kurt's emotional state in that scene were 'wary', 'shocked and moved' and 'emotional'. Oh, and Kurt was supposed to cry too, after being 'moved' by Blaine's outburst about being pissed off that he had to spend his senior year without Kurt.

With regards to Kurt being in Lima at the start of S4, I think I've learnt to accept it for now (That's the hand that fate the writers had dealt Kurt, so all we can do is suck it up).

You know, most of us have already condemned the McKinley storyline to be a terrible and boring mess, and considered the NewYork/anywhere-else ones to be much better. Who knows? Maybe the reverse would be true. Who's to say that the New York characters/setting would be more interesting to watch? I know that I'm not all that excited about watching Rachel's storyline with a bunch of New People that I have yet to know and appeciate.

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next