Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bistro on the corner

+19
Ireth
ColferInspired
sahhar
paulopf
arina
kac
Coolbeans3131
Emile
tanita_mors
Kurt Hummel
Delight
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
brisallie
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
Struck by Lightning
Glorfindel
fantastica
23 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Bistro on the corner - Page 36 Empty Re: Bistro on the corner

Post  Delight 7/4/2012, 9:55 am

It's nice of you to drop by and give us an update, Glorfindel neutre

Ah, but it looks like Kim's blessing may not be enough, with your car breaking down! Fortunately you're not too far from your destination when it happened, but it must still have been a frustrating set back to put up with.

Glorfindel wrote:
You're right, Shinra, it is very beautiful here.

I smell pic. Don't forget your camera fanny2

Glorfindel wrote:
It's an excellent way to create some distance from all the season 3 Kurt ennui. (oops, I used French again, o lala!)

Use this trip as an opportunity to wean yourself off Glee and get some healthy detachment in place. I know I did.

Have fun at the swimming pool!
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/4/2012, 12:08 pm

happy 4th of July my fellow Americans! and have a happy July 4th to all non-Americans (it's always good to have a happy day EVERYDAY)! Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 7/4/2012, 1:33 pm

@Marie - I hope you continue to have a lovely time in France!! It definitely sounds beautiful. wub Here's hoping there won't be anymore unpleasant surprises like the car breaking down, and the rest of your vacation will be wonderful.

Happy 4th of July!!!! May all the American barbeques be delicious, the company warm, and the fireworks spectacular! Smile

I hope the fireworks won't come back to haunt my state (Utah). We've had seven huge wildfires in the past two weeks, spread across the entire state, but mainly in our mountain regions. (There's so many and so widespread it's a little suspicious, if it weren't for just how dry and hot it's been, so they may all be natural; we don't have a definite cause for some, one or two was confirmed to be from stupid human mistakes). But the fires have gotten close to our national parks, and to our cities, and have killed a few people and burned down dozens of houses - not to mention thousands of trees and wildlife. :( There's been a lot of evacuations. I hope a stray firework from the celebrations today won't cause another.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/4/2012, 1:51 pm

ColferGirl wrote:I hope the fireworks won't come back to haunt my state (Utah). We've had seven huge wildfires in the past two weeks, spread across the entire state, but mainly in our mountain regions. (There's so many and so widespread it's a little suspicious, if it weren't for just how dry and hot it's been, so they may all be natural; we don't have a definite cause for some, one or two was confirmed to be from stupid human mistakes). But the fires have gotten close to our national parks, and to our cities, and have killed a few people and burned down dozens of houses - not to mention thousands of trees and wildlife. :( There's been a lot of evacuations. I hope a stray firework from the celebrations today won't cause another.

I heard about those fires in our evening news, big wildfires are terrible to extinguish. I hate that even when there are warnings people act stupid and throw cigarette stubs around and burn trash. I hope the weather will change and natural rain will help the situation.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/4/2012, 1:51 pm

I heard a lot of states banned fireworks. but I still heard fireworks going on last night. I'd rather see no fireworks than people's houses burned down. better than safe than sad. I mean, there's always next year, and we don't even have to wait til next year. we will have fireworks in New Years eve, in less than half a year.

I can't imagine gong ito the scorching heat to bbq. I will hide in my home and eat salads. tonguue

and marie, good luck on teh rest of the trip!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/4/2012, 3:04 pm

Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip Marie. neutre

Two months ago, I joined the Justin Bieber fan club and yesterday my welcome pack came in the mail! I got a purple hat that says JB on the front and on the back it says Bieber Fever. I also got a membership card. It's a lot better than when I joined two years ago.

I had joined when the club first started and never got a welcome pack. I then had to quit some months later because it was expensive.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/4/2012, 3:07 pm

do they give you a discount this time?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/4/2012, 3:26 pm

No they just lowered the membership way down. When I first joined it was like $9 a month. Now it's only $3 I think. I love it because I get first access to the concert tickets.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/4/2012, 3:30 pm

wow, netflix streaming is less than that and w/ that price you can get spotify or something. anyway glad it's now affordable for you.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/4/2012, 3:35 pm

Thanks. One of the main reasons I joined was so I could get tickets for Justin's concert in September. Smile I still remember the first time I saw him in concert.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 7/7/2012, 7:30 am

Glorfindel wrote:You're right, Shinra, it is very beautiful here.
I love the sea breeze, the way the bright sun colours the houses and scenery, and the smell of the oleanders and other flowers. My holiday always officially begins when I spot the first palm tree, as we don't have those in the cold Netherlands. flower
UH! I'm late, but I also hope you enjoy there!!

Delight wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

banzai

----------------------------------------------

Unff, this week was crazy! A lot of things happened, and I couldn't stay on internet at all. Additionally, my last and more difficult exam for the session went bad and, rejecting the result, I have to take it again at September. @.@

Fortunately, this week is nearly over! Good grief, LOL.

Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/7/2012, 9:27 am

Emile wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:You're right, Shinra, it is very beautiful here.
I love the sea breeze, the way the bright sun colours the houses and scenery, and the smell of the oleanders and other flowers. My holiday always officially begins when I spot the first palm tree, as we don't have those in the cold Netherlands. flower
UH! I'm late, but I also hope you enjoy there!!

Delight wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

banzai

----------------------------------------------

Unff, this week was crazy! A lot of things happened, and I couldn't stay on internet at all. Additionally, my last and more difficult exam for the session went bad and, rejecting the result, I have to take it again at September. @.@

Fortunately, this week is nearly over! Good grief, LOL.

*hugs*
All the best for your next time!
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 7/7/2012, 12:53 pm

^^Aww, thank you!! - I have to say that I expected to take it again, because I gave myself a limit: under a certain grade, I don't accept. And knowing surely I flopped at two questions (veeeeery imaginative answers), I was prepared to not throw my notes away...yet. >:D
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/7/2012, 6:03 pm

I think my little sister got me sick. :( My throat and head hurt.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/7/2012, 8:26 pm

@Emilly, Is sad you have to take the exam again but at least you're going to be more ready because you already know in what you failed. By other side, try to take a rest. Is Summer!

Kurtsie4ever wrote:I think my little sister got me sick. :( My throat and head hurt.

Is not nice to be sick in Summer. Why don't go to a doctor? Or do you think you only need to be in bed for a couple of days?

P.S I have to be more careful, accidentally I dropped hot tea over my thigh few seconds ago. I'm fine but sometimes I'm so sloppy.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/7/2012, 11:28 pm

brisallie wrote:

Kurtsie4ever wrote:I think my little sister got me sick. :( My throat and head hurt.

Is not nice to be sick in Summer. Why don't go to a doctor? Or do you think you only need to be in bed for a couple of days?

I have been laying in my bed all day except when I went with my step dad and step sister to get her birthday cake. It was a bad idea because walking around just made me really tired. I guess I'll just wait and see how long this lasts then maybe go to the doctor.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/8/2012, 12:45 am

U probably just got a cold. Drink a lot of liquids. Goggle w salt water help rid of your sore throat. Take care!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 7/8/2012, 6:56 am

brisallie wrote:@Emilly, Is sad you have to take the exam again but at least you're going to be more ready because you already know in what you failed. By other side, try to take a rest. Is Summer!
Oh yeah girl, that's what I'm planning to do at least all this month! I'll read, watch a not healthy amount of TV, go the the beach, and find some new, fun hobby. Maybe I can properly learn how to crochet, haha!

Oh, that sucks, especially in the summer. Yah, you should go to the doctor, and meanwhile can drink a lot and take something to relieve the hurt, like the Valda pastilles (that are also veeery good, sooo).
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/8/2012, 8:28 am

Emile wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't do well in one of your exams. Re-sitting exams can be such a pain!

Better luck next time. In the meantime, use the summer break as an opportunity to recharge neutre

Kurtsie4ever wrote:
I have been laying in my bed all day except when I went with my step dad and step sister to get her birthday cake. It was a bad idea because walking around just made me really tired. I guess I'll just wait and see how long this lasts then maybe go to the doctor.

If it's cold/flu, the symptoms usually get better in 7-10 days. Take paracetamol and have a good rest. Throat gargles and lozenges can also help with the sore throat.

Try and see a doctor if you:
-develop a high fever
-notice pus on your tonsils
-get short of breath and/or pain in your chest when you breathe
-get pain over your sinuses
-cough up green/yellow phlegm
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 7/8/2012, 4:24 pm

Delight wrote:
Emile wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't do well in one of your exams. Re-sitting exams can be such a pain!

Better luck next time. In the meantime, use the summer break as an opportunity to recharge neutre
I hope! I'm crossing fingers!! And yes, is probably even good that it happened now, so that I don't stress myself too much over it for a while!
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/8/2012, 9:18 pm

Emile wrote:
Oh yeah girl, that's what I'm planning to do at least all this month! I'll read, watch a not healthy amount of TV, go the the beach, and find some new, fun hobby. Maybe I can properly learn how to crochet, haha!

If I were you I would take advantage of the beautiful days of Summer, hopefully the weather have been warm and cozy instead of high temperatures that makes you faint. Besides it gonna help you to clear up your mind so learn how to crochet is a good idea, you could create your own stuff and then sell them if you want Smile

@Kurtsie4ever, usually when I got a cold and my throat hurts a lot, I usually drink honey with lemon. In addition as someone said before, a paracetamol helps a lot. Are you having problems at breathing? Maybe you also need a nasal decongestant.

We are like nurses without the professional title Razz
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/8/2012, 9:36 pm

Thanks everyone. neutre

@brisallie, I don't have breathing trouble but I have been coughing all day. My mom said that if I don't get better in a few days then we'll go to the doctor.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 7/10/2012, 11:07 am

brisallie wrote:If I were you I would take advantage of the beautiful days of Summer, hopefully the weather have been warm and cozy instead of high temperatures that makes you faint.
Unfortunately, the weather has been really sultry. arghh And I'm one of those who doesn't really suffers the heat, so this says. Unless you're somewhere near the seaside (which is not my case /sigh), go out after midday or before 5 pm is a suicide.
But well, during that lapse of time there is one of the positive things of Summer, especially on vacation: the siesta. 8D

Btw, you try to take advantage of the weather there! Cold temperature offer many beautiful situations and landscapes!
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/10/2012, 12:53 pm

It's been hella warm in Serbia as well. For the past 3 weeks or so, the temperature isn't lower then 35 degree's Centigrade. Yesterday 38. And I don't take heat all that well given that I sweet by the gallon.

BTW, I haven't been all active lately. It's because we are in a middle of a move. You see, my dad had a contract with my late grandmother. I don't know the correct legal term, but it's a sort of lifelong maintenance agreement (he took care of her and gave her money and after her death he is gets her apartment). The legal part should be over in a week or two hope, so about 2 weeks ago we started renovating the place. It's small one bedroom place (41 m2) but given that we have been living for the past 18 years in rented apartments without a home to call our own, "beggars can't be choosers" as they say. Any way, the place was a ruin. We had to renovate the whole thing except the bathroom (because it's in good condition and the fact that the bathroom would cost twice as much as the renovation of the rest of the apartment) and build a wall to crate a small room for me. My dad and I have been cleaning the place for the past few days because the workers were sloppy as hell and left paint on tiles and wood-flooring, while my mom goes later after work to see what else needs to be done. Once the new kitchen arrives this weekend (no appliances - we have those thank God), we can start to move. I probably won't have time to post that much and probably won't have the net for a day or two while I move the PC, connect everything and move my ADSL from one phone number to another at my provider.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/10/2012, 2:42 pm

Kurtsie4ever wrote:Thanks everyone. neutre

@brisallie, I don't have breathing trouble but I have been coughing all day. My mom said that if I don't get better in a few days then we'll go to the doctor.

What kind of coughing? Is the one which's tough and it provokes a pain in your chest? We call it "dog cough" (tos de perro). I think your mom had given you the best advice. Take care.

@Emile, SIESTAS ARE THE BEST OF SUMMER!!! Though I take them the whole year lol But is your house has air conditioner , you could do crochet during those horrible hours. BTW, Italians use the word "siesta"?

Yeah I would take advantage of this weather If I don't freeze before. Last week my hands were red due to the low temperatures o.o

@Tanita, Isn't the apartment a kind of inheritance from your grandmom? and although the place is small, only two people are gonna live there so it's fine. Besides you said you finally have a place you can call "home". LOL is usually expensive to renovate the bathroom due to the pipes and don't remember what other stuff.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next