Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bistro on the corner

+19
Ireth
ColferInspired
sahhar
paulopf
arina
kac
Coolbeans3131
Emile
tanita_mors
Kurt Hummel
Delight
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
brisallie
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
Struck by Lightning
Glorfindel
fantastica
23 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Bistro on the corner - Page 19 Empty Re: Bistro on the corner

Post  brisallie 4/15/2012, 5:06 pm

fantastica wrote:^ no sweetie, that was Ivana's grandma I was talking about. nothing to do w/ Jelly.

I said that because you told Ivana she will be a lucky bitch like Jelly either she's 20 years older or her grandmom died so I immediately thought that how Jelly got the money :p

I'm not a patient girl, so I wish to be travelling around the world in 10 or 15 years at least Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/15/2012, 5:16 pm

what i meant was, if Ivana could take a break from her grandma's situation it would almost be like a vacation.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/15/2012, 6:05 pm

fantastica wrote:what i meant was, if Ivana could take a break from her grandma's situation it would almost be like a vacation.

I'm struggling with my memory so If I'm doing well, She's the girl whose grandmom was having some problems?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/15/2012, 6:15 pm

her grandma is ill and it screwed up her brain and turning her into a very difficult to deal person so her family is struggling w/ her. just a very nasty situation.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/15/2012, 7:15 pm

Now I feel bad for confuse everything :( I hope her grandmom recovers soon.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/15/2012, 7:17 pm

her grandma has an incurable disease. it will never get better. i think you should stop worry abuot Ivana's grandma and think about some happy things - like dinner... Razz

i am having dumplings right now
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/15/2012, 7:24 pm

Ok. I'll try to do it.

Dumplings? It sound delicious :D but I'm not eating nothing for this moment because well last night I hung out with my friends and today I woke up with a hangover.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/16/2012, 3:05 pm

Did some of you guys read the Hunger Games trilogy?
Because I finished the last book, "Mockingjay", just a few days ago and has left a bad taste in my mouth. Bistro on the corner - Page 19 2egh2qq

Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/16/2012, 3:09 pm

Emile wrote:Did some of you guys read the Hunger Games trilogy?
Because I finished the last book, "Mockingjay", just a few days ago and has left a bad taste in my mouth. Bistro on the corner - Page 19 2egh2qq

Nope. I never heard about Hunger Games until was mentioned last year of the new biggest film of 2012.

What do you mean with a bad taste? the end was unexpecting and not really good or the whole book was unexpecting?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/16/2012, 3:20 pm

^ didn't read the book. if I read the book first I wouldn't enjoy the movie version much.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/16/2012, 3:29 pm

brisallie wrote:What do you mean with a bad taste? the end was unexpecting and not really good or the whole book was unexpecting?
Honestly at first I didn't like the whole book because I didn't like it as the final book. Then I came to the conclusion that, since is a trilogy, is to consider and evaluate togheter.

But I found "Mockingjay" slow and, even if out of the tree is the one I liked the least, I devoured it because I wanted to know the end of the story so badly! And the yes, the end was the unexpecting thing!! No To me it feels like the disappointing and the strength part of the entire book: I've felt kind of betrayed, because that is really not the end I would have hoped for, but at the same it felt consistent and true since this is not a tale and Katniss (the protagonist) is a complete character, not an unrealistic two-dimensional hero.

If you want to, read them, (but in the original language, it's so much better) because togheter they are not a bad trilogy.

fantastica wrote:^ didn't read the book. if I read the book first I wouldn't enjoy the movie version much.
Yeh, maybe you're right, a lot of movies are fall short of expectations if you've read the book, but I always liked to read the books before.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/17/2012, 1:11 am

Romina, continue from the vent thread about earthquake... are you in Chile by any chance? there was some really big earthquakes there in the last few years. I hope you are ok. I have never lived in a EQ zone. my dad went to LA long time ago and experienced some minor quakes. he said the houes was shaking but the people there didn't seem to mind at all -they were so used to these minor quakes. my dad got scared and ran back to NY. He said he couldn't live there. it would be too nerve racking.

anyway, I have experienced some minor quake myself. very scary. the first time I felt it, it was late at night. We were living in the 3rd story of an old building. when I felt hte shake, I woke up a bit from sleep, realizing that it was a quake, and thought about hte possibility that the building might collapse and we might all die. but it was a very cold winter day and my felt so comfy and cozy inside my blanket (we had no heating in the building so it was extra hard to leave hte warm bed) and I was also veyr tired and sleepy so I didn't get up. I did think that if my decision to stay in bed was wise because it can be staying alive vs. staying warm and comfy in bed. The next day eveybody was tlaking about it and many people that night went to the street. when I told my friends about it they all said i was crazy. I was so lazy I'd rather die than leaving my cozy warm bed! Razz - the moral of the story is that life is only worthy living if it's enjoyable.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/17/2012, 1:20 am

ohmy Yes I'm in chile. Actually I'm chilean so I should get used to these movements and know that houses are safe here but NOT. I totally dislike them! And tonight just because I was still in the living room is why I run fast to the doorframe! And I just try to be quiet because my mom started to cry :( and my dog was barking and barking.

Btw the intensity was 6,5
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/17/2012, 1:55 am

wow that was intense! I never had anymore than a 5.x and that scared the hell of me. Chile is in the quake zone so girl I hope you and your family are all safe and sound and there won't be another one coming for a long time!

aniamls can hear the ultra-low sound of the quake movement and they will bark and howl and go crazy. they can be a pretty good indicator of imminent quakes. I don't know about your country but you guys should learn about disaster preparation - like where to hide, where now to go, etc. and have an emergency bag full of necessities ready so you can run out of the house quickly. in Japan they do drills in every school since kindergarden. everybody knows not to panic. that's why even though they get hit very badly the damage is not as bad as some third world country, like Haiti.

wish you good luck! be safe!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/17/2012, 2:13 am

@brisallie

6.5 sounds tough. I didn't know there had been an earthquake tonight in Chile. Usually, we feel very small replicas here. I'm glad you're fine. That must have been scary. :( Abrazos desde Ecuador.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/17/2012, 2:59 am

brisallie wrote: ohmy Yes I'm in chile. Actually I'm chilean so I should get used to these movements and know that houses are safe here but NOT. I totally dislike them! And tonight just because I was still in the living room is why I run fast to the doorframe! And I just try to be quiet because my mom started to cry :( and my dog was barking and barking.

Btw the intensity was 6,5

I hope you're okay, and that the earthquake had passed already.

What do you mean by the houses being 'safe' there? Are they specially constructed to withstand the earthquakes in that area?
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/17/2012, 5:06 am

Brr, I don't like earthquakes at all. I've only experienced one (in the Netherlands!) and it scared the hell out of me, even though nothing major happened. The fact that everything that is supposed to be solid (the floor, the walls of your house) is moving..... Oh, and the sound! The rumbling that starts far away and then sort of rolls underneath you like a tidal wave: so scary.

I hope you're safe @brisallie!
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/17/2012, 6:27 am

Brisallie, I just read your post and an article on a newspaper, I hope everything is okay!!
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/17/2012, 7:26 am

I hope you are safe girl !!!!

There was a earthquake here about a year ago. It was about 4.5-5 Richter's if i remember. It was around 2:30 am and I was in the shower when it hit. I live on the 4th floor so my bathroom door started to shake while I was in the tube. It lasted 10 sec. or so and I just finished my bath after that. Greece and Turkey are heavy earthquake zones in this part of Europe as well as Montenegro, so we get a significant earthquake ever few years. Nothing like the Pacific Fire Ring though.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/17/2012, 9:25 am

First guys I'm fine and thanks for all your words Smile

@ Kim and Delight, buildings here are and have to be built under some specific codes to be anti-seismic, however some companies don't like to spend so much money and doesn't follow this; it was because of the earthquake in 2010 that was discovered this irregularity dryy People here know what they have to do if there's an earthquake, most of them are like you Kim and stay in bed or seated quietly, the problem that happened last night and haven't been solved it, is the fact that cellphones companies collapsed and nobody can call or texting.

@ Paulo, gracias por tus palabras Smile and Ecuador isn't it in the Pacific Fire Ring too?.

@Tanita and Marie, I understand you girls, if horrible how things and people move like they were jelly and sometimes is hard to even be stand up. As you have said Marie the sound is the worse, for me is like were a monster. I've never lived in a flat Tanita, but people has told me that it feel higher the feeling of movement.

And @Emile, how fast fly the news! Do you already read an article about what happened last night?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/17/2012, 9:51 am

^Of course, I read one, but there are a lot of article!

And on the web even more. Followed by apocalyptic comments like "we must be prepared for the end of the wooooorld!".
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/17/2012, 10:00 am

Emile wrote:^Of course, I read one, but there are a lot of article!

And on the web even more. Followed by apocalyptic comments like "we must be prepared for the end of the wooooorld!".

I know! I saw a lot of messages on twitter and facebook about that, all of them immediately mentioned the end of the world "Is 2012, the end is coming ohmy! " is what I read most.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/17/2012, 10:09 am

Glad to know u r safe girl. Don't worry about the end of the worlld. We will all be long dead by then.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/18/2012, 5:34 pm

Hey all, I desperately need help with something. When I go to my Facebook account I cannot comment or post anything on my wall or anyone else's. I can't open any private messages either. I'v tried everything but cannot fix it. Does anybody know how I can fix this?. I'll really appreciate it neutre .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/18/2012, 5:40 pm

can't help you sweetie. I don't have a facebook. I have no face. :(

is this your first time using hte facebook or is it the first time you are not able to use it? have you changed any settings before today?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next