Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bistro on the corner

+19
Ireth
ColferInspired
sahhar
paulopf
arina
kac
Coolbeans3131
Emile
tanita_mors
Kurt Hummel
Delight
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
brisallie
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
Struck by Lightning
Glorfindel
fantastica
23 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Bistro on the corner - Page 38 Empty Re: Bistro on the corner

Post  brisallie 7/16/2012, 9:44 pm

Kurtsie4ever wrote:

Yeah, I was like 11 when I had mono. I don't even know how I got it. I know it will take a couple days, but at least I'm not as tired. I'm also starting to get my appetite back.

I know you felt bad but not that terrible girl o.o, you even lost your appetite.

How long you were bedridden when you had mono? Or you were still able to attend school?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/16/2012, 11:33 pm

brisallie wrote:
Kurtsie4ever wrote:

Yeah, I was like 11 when I had mono. I don't even know how I got it. I know it will take a couple days, but at least I'm not as tired. I'm also starting to get my appetite back.

I know you felt bad but not that terrible girl o.o, you even lost your appetite.

How long you were bedridden when you had mono? Or you were still able to attend school?

I don't really remember. I just remember it was the first time I ever had the summer off. I had always gone to a 12 month school up until fifth grade.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/17/2012, 12:26 am

Kurtsie4ever wrote:
brisallie wrote:
Kurtsie4ever wrote:

I don't really remember. I just remember it was the first time I ever had the summer off. I had always gone to a 12 month school up until fifth grade.

You what?! Why? Children need to have fun and take a rest from school.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/17/2012, 1:22 am

Romina, what? you don't know that there are so many things you don't know? gurl you need to get educated. haha! hehe! tonguue
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/17/2012, 1:55 am

brisallie wrote:
Kurtsie4ever wrote:

You what?! Why? Children need to have fun and take a rest from school.

Lol. I'm not sure why. It was just the way the school was plus I was zoned for it. I still had breaks but it was different.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 7/17/2012, 2:42 pm

^ Seriously? Woh. Shocked
brisallie wrote:Actually I realized after hearing italians immigrants on TV. So is a personal assumption at the end.

I know who's Isabel Allende, though I've read only one of her books, but she's from my country so I have to know about her. Well going back to our topic about yeismo, a good example it could be the word "bellezza" which is the same in spanish without the double "z" but most of italians still are unable to pronounce it as we do.

I don't know, since I've been a toddler I remember listening people saying "Mamma Mia" when they tried to imitate italians but I have no idea from where it comes this popularity. Hahaha this's embarrasing but the first time I listened the word "brava" I think it was watching High School Musical lol.
Mh, I really don't know. It's probably because 'bellezza' it's written similar in both languages, that people get confused. Perhaps, are actually the many similarities that bring major mistakes; it's true that Spanish and Italian are similar, but not that much.
For example, we say 'perché?' (for 'why?/because'), and a lot of Spanish people mix, and end up saying 'porché?'.

About 'brava'...yes girl, it's embarassing, LOL. - But you're in "good" company, I think I watched that film during the first year of Highschool, and my mp3 was full of those songs. My god... @.@
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/17/2012, 4:14 pm

fantastica wrote:Romina, what? you don't know that there are so many things you don't know? gurl you need to get educated. haha! hehe! tonguue

I'm a foreigner so I don't know how it work the educational system in the US or other things there.

Mh, I really don't know. It's probably because 'bellezza' it's written similar in both languages, that people get confused. Perhaps, are actually the many similarities that bring major mistakes; it's true that Spanish and Italian are similar, but not that much.
For example, we say 'perché?' (for 'why?/because'), and a lot of Spanish people mix, and end up saying 'porché?'.

About 'brava'...yes girl, it's embarassing, LOL. - But you're in "good" company, I think I watched that film during the first year of Highschool, and my mp3 was full of those songs. My god... @.@.

Probably we're translating literally into spanish 'porqué' but Can I ask you something? The spanish people you have heard pronouncing the word 'perché', pronounce the final sound 'ché' similar to the K sound? I'm asking this because spanish speakers we tend to have problems with that, for instance I had a classmate which last name was Luccavechi and he always had to correct us because we used to have problems with the "chi".

LOL I was also in highschool but I was in third years so its more embarrasing because I'm older than you. But it's relieved to know you were into this phenomenon too. I didn't have all the songs in my mp3 but I liked lots of them.

P.S I feel old saying I had a mp3 because nowadays I have my songs on my cellphone hahaha.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/17/2012, 7:31 pm

First all this stuff with Chris then I come across this:

http://twitpic.com/a8ghvj

SO MANY FEELS! wub
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/18/2012, 8:16 am

Kurtsie4ever wrote:First all this stuff with Chris then I come across this:

SO MANY FEELS! wub

He looks grown up now but he's still like a kid for me lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 7/18/2012, 1:25 pm

brisallie wrote:Probably we're translating literally into spanish 'porqué' but Can I ask you something? The spanish people you have heard pronouncing the word 'perché', pronounce the final sound 'ché' similar to the K sound? I'm asking this because spanish speakers we tend to have problems with that, for instance I had a classmate which last name was Luccavechi and he always had to correct us because we used to have problems with the "chi".

LOL I was also in highschool but I was in third years so its more embarrasing because I'm older than you. But it's relieved to know you were into this phenomenon too. I didn't have all the songs in my mp3 but I liked lots of them.

P.S I feel old saying I had a mp3 because nowadays I have my songs on my cellphone hahaha.
Mh, no, I really didn't notice that; the Spanish people I've heard speaking pronounced the "ché" correctly. - But I noticed that they tend to add the 'e-' quite often at the beginning of some words. And honestly, is a lovely mistake, it adds an "esotic" level to the language!

About HSM, dn't worry, I think during that period everyone was really (and unjustifiably, let's be real that film was stupid...) obsessed with it, no matter the age. And we're near in age.

Oh! You're making me feel ahistorical instead! Because I still have an mp3, and my cellphone is so old that its memory can't contain songs (or images, or more than a limited number of text messages...), LOL.

SO MANY FEELS! wub
"Justin Bieber, HOT, READY, LEGAL"?? ...LOL, who write these things.

Mh, not to take it for granted, but: since you like J. Bieber, have you listened to Frank Ocean new album?
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/18/2012, 10:28 pm

Emile wrote:
Mh, no, I really didn't notice that; the Spanish people I've heard speaking pronounced the "ché" correctly. - But I noticed that they tend to add the 'e-' quite often at the beginning of some words. And honestly, is a lovely mistake, it adds an "esotic" level to the language!

About HSM, dn't worry, I think during that period everyone was really (and unjustifiably, let's be real that film was stupid...) obsessed with it, no matter the age. And we're near in age.

Oh! You're making me feel ahistorical instead! Because I still have an mp3, and my cellphone is so old that its memory can't contain songs (or images, or more than a limited number of text messages...), LOL.

What words? humhum

Regarding HSM, I've seen the three of them 😊 and honestly the last one was the worst for me because it had more songs that storyline. However the songs are catchy.

LOL sorry! One of my friends have a cellphone that is only used to make and receive calls- honestly that's weird nowadays- but is due to money issues, she really want a new one. I don't have a mp3 because it was stolen last year so then I decided to use my cellphone.

And I've forgotten to ask you if you're already enjoying your holidays?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/19/2012, 3:59 am

Emile wrote:

SO MANY FEELS! wub
"Justin Bieber, HOT, READY, LEGAL"?? ...LOL, who write these things.

Mh, not to take it for granted, but: since you like J. Bieber, have you listened to Frank Ocean new album?

Sorry no I haven't. I'm more into Justin and The Wanted.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 7/19/2012, 6:39 pm

brisallie wrote:What words? humhum

LOL sorry! One of my friends have a cellphone that is only used to make and receive calls- honestly that's weird nowadays- but is due to money issues, she really want a new one. I don't have a mp3 because it was stolen last year so then I decided to use my cellphone.

And I've forgotten to ask you if you're already enjoying your holidays?
Uh! No, I expressed myself badly! For the mistake I didn't mean the they add the 'e-' out of nowhere (from my wording seemed like it, sorry), but that they add it because presents in the respective Spanish words, and not in ours. Like, 'esperanza' (speranza), 'estudiar' (studiare). Are pratically the same words, but the e- lefts add something "esotic".

About the cellphone, I have an old model because what I need it to do it's just call and send texts; I really wouldn't use the most of the functionalities that a new model would give me. - Plus, I'm a really distracted person, and numerous are the time I leave it somewhere I can't remember or it falls out of my hand, so it's more convenient to have one of those that, hitting the floor, bounce back. LOL.
But yah, can understand if your friend would like a better and newer cellphone. Has she never thought about second-hand markets? Many times people get rid of things literally new.

Oh! Yes, I'm enjoying it by far, thank you! (:

Kurtsie4ever wrote:Sorry no I haven't. I'm more into Justin and The Wanted.
Oh, then nada, don't worry. I've only asked because I think he wrote some of his songs, so I was just curious! (;

Last edited by Emile on 7/19/2012, 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammarrrrrrr)
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/19/2012, 7:39 pm

Emile wrote:
Uh! No, I expressed myself badly! For the mistake I didn't mean the they add the 'e-' out of nowhere (from my wording seemed like it, sorry), but that they add it because presents in the respective Spanish words, and not in ours. Like, 'esperanza' (speranza), 'estudiar' (studiare). Are pratically the same words, but the e- lefts add something "esotic".

About the cellphone, I have an old model because what I need it to do it's just call and send texts; I really wouldn't use the most of the functionalities that a new model would give me. - Plus, I'm a really distracted person, and numerous are the time I leave it somewhere I can't remember or it falls out of my hand, so it's more convenient to have one of those that, hitting the floor, bounce back. LOL.
But yah, can understand if your friend would like a better and newer cellphone. Has she never thought about second-hand markets? Many times people get rid of things literally new.

Oh! Yes, I'm enjoying it by far, thank you! (:

Actually 'esperanza' and 'speranza' I'm sure have the same pronounciation, but the difference is that you don't have letter E at the beginning of the word and honestly still don't understand why? And 'studiare' reminds me our future time of "estudiar" (Yo estudiaré) lol

LOL I understand you. I had to buy a folder for my cellphone actually, because I think I'm as sloppy as you are. But honestly how old is your cellphone? Can you take pictures at least?

Regarding my friend, a couple of months ago my mom wanted to buy the latest modern cellphone but I knew she's not good with technological stuff so I thought she could give me that cellphone, in change I'd buy her one cheaper and easier for her, so then I could give mine to my friend because I knew she liked it and she deserved it. At the end my cellphone was stolen before I could do this and I got a new one anyway.

So are you thinking to go somewhere for Summer?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 7/20/2012, 9:47 am

brisallie wrote:Actually 'esperanza' and 'speranza' I'm sure have the same pronounciation, but the difference is that you don't have letter E at the beginning of the word and honestly still don't understand why? And 'studiare' reminds me our future time of "estudiar" (Yo estudiaré) lol

LOL I understand you. I had to buy a folder for my cellphone actually, because I think I'm as sloppy as you are. But honestly how old is your cellphone? Can you take pictures at least?

Regarding my friend, a couple of months ago my mom wanted to buy the latest modern cellphone but I knew she's not good with technological stuff so I thought she could give me that cellphone, in change I'd buy her one cheaper and easier for her, so then I could give mine to my friend because I knew she liked it and she deserved it. At the end my cellphone was stolen before I could do this and I got a new one anyway.

So are you thinking to go somewhere for Summer?
Haha, I don't know why the 'e-' is missing. During the years a lot of things can change linguistically. - Mh yes, the pronunciation for esperanza/speranza is pratically the same, but I think your 'z' is more veiled? Like, a "hissing" 's'?

Ah, I'm sorry! Talking about bad timing! But really, people change cellphone for a lot of reasons, and even when, at least apparently, there is no need for it, so some second-hand shop can have some not so old model, pratically new, and half the prize.
About mine, it's a Nokia 2100; is in black and white, so no photo or something else. But hey, it has a lot of super cool screensaver and Snake II (I repeat this because I don't know if you can handle the huge information, so needs to be repeated: Snake II!!). /LOL.

Yes! For now I laze around but, if everything goes well, toward mid-August I'm going for like a week at one of my friend' house, that is near the sea (but we'll probably be all the time with the study books open). And toward late August, I'm going to a (awesome) summer work camp in south-Italy, for the safeguard and preservation of the sea ​​turtles (*-*).
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/23/2012, 6:32 pm

Emile wrote:a]Haha, I don't know why the 'e-' is missing. During the years a lot of things can change linguistically. - Mh yes, the pronunciation for esperanza/speranza is pratically the same, but I think your 'z' is more veiled? Like, a "hissing" 's'?

Ah, I'm sorry! Talking about bad timing! But really, people change cellphone for a lot of reasons, and even when, at least apparently, there is no need for it, so some second-hand shop can have some not so old model, pratically new, and half the prize.
About mine, it's a Nokia 2100; is in black and white, so no photo or something else. But hey, it has a lot of super cool screensaver and Snake II (I repeat this because I don't know if you can handle the huge information, so needs to be repeated: Snake II!!). /LOL.

Yes! For now I laze around but, if everything goes well, toward mid-August I'm going for like a week at one of my friend' house, that is near the sea (but we'll probably be all the time with the study books open). And toward late August, I'm going to a (awesome) summer work camp in south-Italy, for the safeguard and preservation of the sea ​​turtles (*-*).

I guess you're having fun somewhere because I haven't seen you here lately. And you're right our "z" is more similar to a hissing "s" lol, specially here in latin america.

I searched on internet that Nokia and I think I had the same some years ago or the model was quite similar because it came from the same brand, it was blue/grey. Yeah I kinda remember that game.

Please don't take the books with you, I know you're concerned about your studies BUT I insist don't take them with you because is Summer girl and you have to take a rest and feel the sea breeze in your face. At least for a couple of days. Do you have a special love for turtles?

P.S Today I remember is Daniel Radcliffe birthday wub he was my first celebrity crush (and still is a little bit lol) so hopefully he's having a good day.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/24/2012, 4:40 am

I'm finally getting my own room!! Smile My mom and step dad drove by the home were moving in to and I can't wait. I've been sharing a room since I was 8.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 7/24/2012, 10:18 am

^^Lucky you for your room! I think the majority of people who ever shared the room with sisters/brothers can understand your relief, haha.

brisallie wrote:I guess you're having fun somewhere because I haven't seen you here lately. And you're right our "z" is more similar to a hissing "s" lol, specially here in latin america.

I searched on internet that Nokia and I think I had the same some years ago or the model was quite similar because it came from the same brand, it was blue/grey. Yeah I kinda remember that game.

Please don't take the books with you, I know you're concerned about your studies BUT I insist don't take them with you because is Summer girl and you have to take a rest and feel the sea breeze in your face. At least for a couple of days. Do you have a special love for turtles?
Yes, I was kind of busy this weekend. And in the free time I was reading Chris' book, so I've not been online so much.

Nice colour! - Ohhhh girl, Snake is a classic!

I know, on the beach the university is really the last thought, and surely the last thing you'd like to think about; but the examamination session is in September/October, I really shouldn't let the last half of August pass without review something. And I have a companion in misfortune (poor her, haha), so it'll probably be not so hard.

I don't really have a special love for sea turtles; they're fantastic creatures, but I've never seen one before (and I'm exciteeeed)! Have you?
It's just that I wanted to do something more than a simple vacation, and this summer work' camp is probably the right thing: a new experience, in a beautiful place, doing something in which I believe. C:
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/24/2012, 6:50 pm

Emile wrote:^^Lucky you for your room! I think the majority of people who ever shared the room with sisters/brothers can understand your relief, haha.

Haha. Yeah. I first shared a room with my step brother and step sister (who were two and five at the time) when we all lived in this apartment. And up until recently, I've been sharing a room with my step sister since I was 10.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/24/2012, 8:44 pm

@Kurtsie4ever, Congrats for your room Smile I bet is gonna have lots of Justin's posters and next to him it gonna be a Chris or Kurt poster lol.

Yes, I was kind of busy this weekend. And in the free time I was reading Chris' book, so I've not been online so much.

Nice colour! - Ohhhh girl, Snake is a classic!

I know, on the beach the university is really the last thought, and surely the last thing you'd like to think about; but the examamination session is in September/October, I really shouldn't let the last half of August pass without review something. And I have a companion in misfortune (poor her, haha), so it'll probably be not so hard.

I don't really have a special love for sea turtles; they're fantastic creatures, but I've never seen one before (and I'm exciteeeed)! Have you?
It's just that I wanted to do something more than a simple vacation, and this summer work' camp is probably the right thing: a new experience, in a beautiful place, doing something in which I believe. C:

Have you finished the book? I haven't because I have been in the work so that it takes me away time.

I know Snake is a classic. I used to play it! :p

I'm a student as well so I understand you, but I'm still thinking your priorities are Summer, and then you lock yourself in your room to study. I only have seen the typical ones that people have as their pet.

Is good to have new experiences for Summer, so go for it Smile then I gonna ask you how amazing it was. Last year for summer I went camping and I won't do it again, because I didn't have all the facilities that I'm used to have.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/24/2012, 10:28 pm

brisallie wrote:@Kurtsie4ever, Congrats for your room Smile I bet is gonna have lots of Justin's posters and next to him it gonna be a Chris or Kurt poster lol.

Thanks. Lol. Yup. fanny2 I have so many Justin posters I've collected over the last 3 years. Razz I only have one Kurt poster.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 7/25/2012, 8:10 am

brisallie wrote:Have you finished the book? I haven't because I have been in the work so that it takes me away time.

I know Snake is a classic. I used to play it! :p

I'm a student as well so I understand you, but I'm still thinking your priorities are Summer, and then you lock yourself in your room to study. I only have seen the typical ones that people have as their pet.

Is good to have new experiences for Summer, so go for it Smile then I gonna ask you how amazing it was. Last year for summer I went camping and I won't do it again, because I didn't have all the facilities that I'm used to have.
No, neither have I! I'm halfway through it. And I'm keeping myself away from any spoilerish threads. >:

Sorry but, what is that "people have as their pet"? Shocked

Oh, you don't like it? Well, I can understand, surely camping is not something full of the comforts who lives in towns is used to, and it's not for everyone. But like, neither if it is with a roulotte?
I have to say, even if I have adaptability is not that I have a keen interest in camping; but I've been to several campsites over the years (plus a lot of summer camps when I was a kid), and I like the atmosphere. - Give me a Summer afternoon, a pinewood and a hammock and I'm at peace with the world, haha.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/25/2012, 4:29 pm

Emile wrote:
No, neither have I! I'm halfway through it. And I'm keeping myself away from any spoilerish threads. >:

Sorry but, what is that "people have as their pet"? Shocked

Oh, you don't like it? Well, I can understand, surely camping is not something full of the comforts who lives in towns is used to, and it's not for everyone. But like, neither if it is with a roulotte?
I have to say, even if I have adaptability is not that I have a keen interest in camping; but I've been to several campsites over the years (plus a lot of summer camps when I was a kid), and I like the atmosphere. - Give me a Summer afternoon, a pinewood and a hammock and I'm at peace with the world, haha.

First I gonna answer your question, I was referring to those turtles that people have at home in small aquariums.

Actually I don't have problems to camp because when I was a child I used to go to one near to a lake with my parents and I really had fun there, but it was a camping that It had lots of facilities like hot water in the shower, a place where you were able to cook and so on. The one I was last year, we had to cross a sort of cliff to get on there,actually it wasn't that dangerous but we were carrying our bags and personally I don't like heights, but I wont deny we had fun too and we felt the nature. So it depends on the place at the end.

I see your point, is good to be away from the crowded city some days :D
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 7/26/2012, 12:07 pm

brisallie wrote:First I gonna answer your question, I was referring to those turtles that people have at home in small aquariums.

Actually I don't have problems to camp because when I was a child I used to go to one near to a lake with my parents and I really had fun there, but it was a camping that It had lots of facilities like hot water in the shower, a place where you were able to cook and so on. The one I was last year, we had to cross a sort of cliff to get on there,actually it wasn't that dangerous but we were carrying our bags and personally I don't like heights, but I wont deny we had fun too and we felt the nature. So it depends on the place at the end.

I see your point, is good to be away from the crowded city some days :D
Oh! Right right!

Yah, it depends on the place, but I think that how you live the camping is another element. I've always thought camping is synonymous of something relaxing and that, like you said, allows you to connect with nature; so I don't mind the lack of facilities. But there are also people for whom camping is synonymous of hanging off a vertical face...so I mean, it's probably a matter of perspectives (no pun intended, LOL).
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/30/2012, 5:05 pm

^
@Emile, I've realized you're here in the forum so suddenly I remember I havent replied your last post :p probably my head was busy with Chris's signing tour lol

I think exactly like you about camping, I always go there when I NEED to be away from the crowded city but then I realize than I'm so used to this life that I need to go to a beach with lots of people, I feel alive Razz. Though I'd rather to walk through the sand that stay there looking at everyone.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next