Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bistro on the corner

+19
Ireth
ColferInspired
sahhar
paulopf
arina
kac
Coolbeans3131
Emile
tanita_mors
Kurt Hummel
Delight
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
brisallie
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
Struck by Lightning
Glorfindel
fantastica
23 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Bistro on the corner - Page 37 Empty Re: Bistro on the corner

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/10/2012, 2:58 pm

brisallie wrote:
Kurtsie4ever wrote:Thanks everyone. neutre

@brisallie, I don't have breathing trouble but I have been coughing all day. My mom said that if I don't get better in a few days then we'll go to the doctor.

What kind of coughing? Is the one which's tough and it provokes a pain in your chest? We call it "dog cough" (tos de perro). I think your mom had given you the best advice. Take care.

Thanks. Um...I guess I would describe it as a phelmy cough. I'm going to the doctor on Friday for my first physical so hopefully they will give me an antibotic or something.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/11/2012, 9:16 am

tanita_mors wrote:
BTW, I haven't been all active lately. It's because we are in a middle of a move. You see, my dad had a contract with my late grandmother. I don't know the correct legal term, but it's a sort of lifelong maintenance agreement (he took care of her and gave her money and after her death he is gets her apartment). The legal part should be over in a week or two hope, so about 2 weeks ago we started renovating the place. It's small one bedroom place (41 m2) but given that we have been living for the past 18 years in rented apartments without a home to call our own, "beggars can't be choosers" as they say. Any way, the place was a ruin. We had to renovate the whole thing except the bathroom (because it's in good condition and the fact that the bathroom would cost twice as much as the renovation of the rest of the apartment) and build a wall to crate a small room for me. My dad and I have been cleaning the place for the past few days because the workers were sloppy as hell and left paint on tiles and wood-flooring, while my mom goes later after work to see what else needs to be done. Once the new kitchen arrives this weekend (no appliances - we have those thank God), we can start to move. I probably won't have time to post that much and probably won't have the net for a day or two while I move the PC, connect everything and move my ADSL from one phone number to another at my provider.

41sq m? That's a really small apartment! How many people will be living in the apartment once the renovations are done?

Anyway, I hope that things will settle down for you soon. With the move, the renovations, and the property paperwork to handle, I'm sure you've got more than enough on your plate to keep you busy at the moment. We'll see you when you can find the time and opportunity to join us again neutre
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 7/11/2012, 10:21 am

tanita_mors wrote:BTW, I haven't been all active lately. It's because we are in a middle of a move. You see, my dad had a contract with my late grandmother. I don't know the correct legal term, but it's a sort of lifelong maintenance agreement (he took care of her and gave her money and after her death he is gets her apartment). The legal part should be over in a week or two hope, so about 2 weeks ago we started renovating the place. It's small one bedroom place (41 m2) but given that we have been living for the past 18 years in rented apartments without a home to call our own, "beggars can't be choosers" as they say. Any way, the place was a ruin. We had to renovate the whole thing except the bathroom (because it's in good condition and the fact that the bathroom would cost twice as much as the renovation of the rest of the apartment) and build a wall to crate a small room for me. My dad and I have been cleaning the place for the past few days because the workers were sloppy as hell and left paint on tiles and wood-flooring, while my mom goes later after work to see what else needs to be done. Once the new kitchen arrives this weekend (no appliances - we have those thank God), we can start to move. I probably won't have time to post that much and probably won't have the net for a day or two while I move the PC, connect everything and move my ADSL from one phone number to another at my provider.
Ohh! It depends if you like or not the changing, so on how you live it, but moving is exciting!
Even with all its stressful and tiring sides. - And even if it's more what you throw away than what you bring with you, but the packs still weigh tons, and the stuff disappear because you don't remember in what pack you put it, and unfff.

Anyway, I hope the change is for the better!

brisallie wrote:@Emile, SIESTAS ARE THE BEST OF SUMMER!!! Though I take them the whole year lol But is your house has air conditioner , you could do crochet during those horrible hours. BTW, Italians use the word "siesta"?
Yep! We use 'siesta' as well. Is probably one of those foreign words that entered the lexicon over the years. Like déjà vu!

And nono, no air conditioner. Only noisy ventilators. ...Yeaaah, they still exist. LOL.

Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/11/2012, 12:34 pm

Delight wrote:

41sq m? That's a really small apartment! How many people will be living in the apartment once the renovations are done?

Anyway, I hope that things will settle down for you soon. With the move, the renovations, and the property paperwork to handle, I'm sure you've got more than enough on your plate to keep you busy at the moment. We'll see you when you can find the time and opportunity to join us again neutre

Yeah, it is very small. It's an apartment for a single person or a young couple. But, me and my parents aka. 3 grown-up will have to share it. My parents get the big bedroom, and we transformed what used to be the living-room space connected to the kitchen to my room (built a wall and a sliding door for space). We have to eat in out miniature kitchen (6 sq m I think) but what can you do.

I'm good now, but once the move starts and my PC goes off line it may be a few days before I'm back. The good thing is, believe it or not, that the apartment we now live in and my grandmother place are not only in the same building but the same entrance. The difference our rented place is in the 4th floor and gran's on the entrance floor.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/11/2012, 5:46 pm

40 sq meters is small but not THAT small. I grew up in one ROOM that's 15 sq meters, and kitchen and bath are shared w/ other neighbors. It was our living/dining/sleeping/studying/working/sewing/painting/playing/everything room. There were the 3 of us. Most of our neighbors had rooms no bigger than ours and they had 4-6 people all living in a room. Yet we all managed to survive.

Now I have a big 3 story empty house and I hate it. Working hard to get it ready to put on the market. You see when I had tiny apartments I dreamed about owning a castle. When I finally have a big house the euphoria didn't last long, and all I can see the things to fix and lawn to mow and rooms to clean and it's just driving me nuts. Now I want a small apartment like this:

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/11/2012, 6:33 pm

Good luck with the move, Ivana. At least you'll have your own room in the new appartment, even though it is small. I hope your computer will survive the move and everything will go smoothly with the reconnection to internet. neutre

In other news: my 2nd daughter has 'Chris Colfer hair'!
The last few weeks in the sun here in France caused red-blond streaks to appear in her long brown hair. This also happened to my hair when I was younger (and less grey dryy), because, like Chris, I come from a family of curly red heads with white skin and freckles, although I have brown hair myself. The red-blond streaks in summer run in the family, so to speak, and it's nice for me to see this revisited in my child.
But my husband and kids are so brainwashed now by my love for Chris and Kurt that, instead of honoring my genes, my daughter's hair now gets referred to as 'Chris Colfer hair'! ohmy dryy Razz

We also created a little game during this holiday: every fly that hinders us (when we eat outside) we call Blaine and then crush it with a fly swatter, and every wasp we see gets named Ryan Murphy, and then we of course hit that one vigorously too. We reserved the name Brad for the mosquitos we hunt down and squash in the caravan and tents. Hehe. Twisted Evil

(Needless to say that, despite my wonderful holiday, my feelings for season 3 and the finale still have not lulled into a sedative displeasure.) blinkk unsure blushh fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/11/2012, 9:15 pm

Emile wrote:

brisallie wrote:@Emile, SIESTAS ARE THE BEST OF SUMMER!!! Though I take them the whole year lol But is your house has air conditioner , you could do crochet during those horrible hours. BTW, Italians use the word "siesta"?
Yep! We use 'siesta' as well. Is probably one of those foreign words that entered the lexicon over the years. Like déjà vu!

And nono, no air conditioner. Only noisy ventilators. ...Yeaaah, they still exist. LOL.

I only have ventilators too, though they are not noisy but the intensity is big, so at the end I feel cold.

Nowadays people is borrowing words from everywhere hahaha. Do you know how to say "shorts" in italian? Here the translation is "pantalones cortos" but its too long.

fantastica wrote:

I want that apartmen!!! Is so practical!!!

I've been lived all my life in a house that considered big among the currently standards, because most of houses are medium or small today with 3 bedrooms as maximum, whilst mine have 4 and the dinner and living room are separate so that why I'd would like to have a big house someday, but If I live alone, I'd rather a small apartment. So at the end it depends on how many people are you living with Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/12/2012, 3:22 am

I can't wait to the doctor on Friday. My throat feels like its on fire and my coughing keeps me up half the night. :(
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 7/12/2012, 8:59 am

brisallie wrote:I only have ventilators too, though they are not noisy but the intensity is big, so at the end I feel cold.

Nowadays people is borrowing words from everywhere hahaha. Do you know how to say "shorts" in italian? Here the translation is "pantalones cortos" but its too long.
? Of course I know how to say it in Italian, haha. It's 'pantalone corto' (pratically is like in Spanish, but without the -s) or 'pantaloncino'.

Yes, there are really a lot of words borrowed from everywhere, eheh. Especially from the English. - Even if most of the time the foreign words end up italianized, or pronounced in a more italian-phonetic way.
Mhh, a question out of curiosity: how do you pronounce the 'borrowed' words? Do you pronounce those in the correct way (or at your best ofc) or in the 'adapted to your language' way? Or it depends on the context?

Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/12/2012, 3:12 pm

Kurtsie4ever wrote:I can't wait to the doctor on Friday. My throat feels like its on fire and my coughing keeps me up half the night. :(

If you feel that bad girl, go and see the doctor NOW. Take care.

Emile wrote:
? Of course I know how to say it in Italian, haha. It's 'pantalone corto' (pratically is like in Spanish, but without the -s) or 'pantaloncino'.

Yes, there are really a lot of words borrowed from everywhere, eheh. Especially from the English. - Even if most of the time the foreign words end up italianized, or pronounced in a more italian-phonetic way.
Mhh, a question out of curiosity: how do you pronounce the 'borrowed' words? Do you pronounce those in the correct way (or at your best ofc) or in the 'adapted to your language' way? Or it depends on the context?

LOL Italian and Spanish are quite similar.

It depends on the person actually. Here're some people that pronounce the word how its pronounce because they think they have to respect the original sound, usually these people are from high class. While others adapted to spanish, so they're like those latinos who live in Miami or LA who still keep a stick accent. You know here people say the word "gift" pronouncing the "G" as it sounds in the name Gina.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/12/2012, 11:53 pm

brisallie wrote:
Kurtsie4ever wrote:I can't wait to the doctor on Friday. My throat feels like its on fire and my coughing keeps me up half the night. :(

If you feel that bad girl, go and see the doctor NOW. Take care.

I'm going tomorrow for my first physical. I can't wait to finally get some medicine.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 7/13/2012, 6:44 am

^But you didn't take anything until now!?
brisallie wrote:LOL Italian and Spanish are quite similar.

It depends on the person actually. Here're some people that pronounce the word how its pronounce because they think they have to respect the original sound, usually these people are from high class. While others adapted to spanish, so they're like those latinos who live in Miami or LA who still keep a stick accent. You know here people say the word "gift" pronouncing the "G" as it sounds in the name Gina.
Ahah! Here too, especially with the old people. Like, I don't know how many time I heard pronounce 'yellow' like 'iellov', with the final -v voiced. arghh Or the Spanish 'paella', pronounced 'paiella' without the yeismo.

But well, there are some people who try to remain close to the original pronunciation, and usually I try too, but for some reason here you're not understood (LOL), and often labelled as snob and know-all if you do so. :| Who knows why? Mah, granting that I actually know the correct pronounce, I often see what the context requires. Most of the time because the English pronunce kind of 'clash' while talking Italian.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/13/2012, 2:10 pm

Emile wrote:
Ahah! Here too, especially with the old people. Like, I don't know how many time I heard pronounce 'yellow' like 'iellov', with the final -v voiced. arghh Or the Spanish 'paella', pronounced 'paiella' without the yeismo.

But well, there are some people who try to remain close to the original pronunciation, and usually I try too, but for some reason here you're not understood (LOL), and often labelled as snob and know-all if you do so. :| Who knows why? Mah, granting that I actually know the correct pronounce, I often see what the context requires. Most of the time because the English pronunce kind of 'clash' while talking Italian.

Please confirm me this information: It is true that italians has problems with the yeismo?

And I see what you mean with being labelled as "snob" because here's the same, we even discussed once that students who pronounce quite well english, are usually mocked by their classmates; I don't like that attitude, actually those children should be encourage by others to be better at it and then others are gonna follow them. Have no idea how Americans pronounce Italian words but usually I heard they say "mamma mia" hahaha, well even us we say that. Our vocabulary is small.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/14/2012, 12:07 am

I went to the doctor and it turns out I have a sore throat. I didn't get any medicine.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/14/2012, 1:53 am

Kurtsie4ever wrote:I went to the doctor and it turns out I have a sore throat. I didn't get any medicine.

It usually has to be something worse, like tonsillitis, before they'd be happy to prescribe antibiotics.

You can still try plenty of stuff to ease the sore throat-- lozenges, aspirin gargles or those over-the-counter throat sprays.

Hope you feel better soon.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/14/2012, 5:34 am

^Thanks. I apperciate it neutre I guess one of those would be the next best option. I've been feeling like this for a week now and I just want it to be over.

I don't think if this had anything to do with me being sick but on Thrusday night, I woke up with a really bad bloody nose. It freaked me out because I rarely get them.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 7/14/2012, 8:26 am

brisallie wrote:Please confirm me this information: It is true that italians has problems with the yeismo?

And I see what you mean with being labelled as "snob" because here's the same, we even discussed once that students who pronounce quite well english, are usually mocked by their classmates; I don't like that attitude, actually those children should be encourage by others to be better at it and then others are gonna follow them. Have no idea how Americans pronounce Italian words but usually I heard they say "mamma mia" hahaha, well even us we say that. Our vocabulary is small.
Right? I think as well that the correct pronunciation, or a close one (because ofc, the different phonetic is in the way), should be encoraged. Instead, people are almost ashamed to pronounce foreign words.

About the yeismo, mhh, I don't really feel like generalize; some people proununce Spanish words ignoring it, but mostly because those words are not often used. For example, I've heard more than one person say 'Allende' (the writer) without the yeismo, but it's probably because they didn't know otherwise and maybe never heard of her/never read one of her books.
But LOL, where did you hear that?

And American's pronunciation of Italian's words can be so awful, ouch! But our's English can be awful too, so I suppose we're even.
'Mamma mia' is probably from Super Mario? Haha. And I've heard people say 'bravo', with the same meaning we give to it, a lot (using it even for women, when for women is 'brava', buuuuut anywaaaay, LOL).
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/15/2012, 2:49 pm

I am glad we are not on Live Journal. That site is so unstable it dies frequently, all the time! Now it's dead again. Even Tumblr goes down from time to time too - though much better than LJ. I haven't noticed any down time on our forum yet, other than scheduled event such as the re-arrangement which resulted in a million threads that I can't keep up with. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/15/2012, 4:53 pm

Well, I'm having a very, very bad internet connection at this campsite in France and it's very frustrating (although I'm trying to stay in my holiday zen mode). Loading a page takes 5-10 minutes, I can't watch youtube videos and half of the time my posts disappear the moment I push the 'send' button. :angry:
So I can certainly understand the frustration of the ONTD members and tumblr.

Better news: yesterday evening, as part of the 14th of July festivities in France, I witnessed a "ball de diables". A bunch of young men dressed up as devils and on their costumes they had strapped fireworks. They danced and swirled around while the fireworks went off, very near to the audience in the streets. It was very fascinating to watch, very beautiful but a bit scary. The fireworks at the finale were really terrific (and I've seen the fireworks at Disneyland and Disneyworld).

Today we drove along the coast of France and even went to Spain: a wonderful drive with many little harbors, beaches and impressive cliffs. It was sunny but also very windy, and that only added to the beauty of the sea and it's powers.
After the spoilers of Comic-con that was just what I needed to let Glee and RIB get blown out of my hair and mind. Smile
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/15/2012, 7:51 pm

gee, Marie, if I were you, I would just enjoy the scenery/environment/nature/good time and forget about internet. You can get a huge doze of everything when you come back, immerse yourself in all of our 867 threads.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/15/2012, 10:11 pm

Emile wrote:
Right? I think as well that the correct pronunciation, or a close one (because ofc, the different phonetic is in the way), should be encoraged. Instead, people are almost ashamed to pronounce foreign words.

About the yeismo, mhh, I don't really feel like generalize; some people proununce Spanish words ignoring it, but mostly because those words are not often used. For example, I've heard more than one person say 'Allende' (the writer) without the yeismo, but it's probably because they didn't know otherwise and maybe never heard of her/never read one of her books.
But LOL, where did you hear that?

And American's pronunciation of Italian's words can be so awful, ouch! But our's English can be awful too, so I suppose we're even.
'Mamma mia' is probably from Super Mario? Haha. And I've heard people say 'bravo', with the same meaning we give to it, a lot (using it even for women, when for women is 'brava', buuuuut anywaaaay, LOL).

Actually I realized after hearing italians immigrants on TV. So is a personal assumption at the end.

I know who's Isabel Allende, though I've read only one of her books, but she's from my country so I have to know about her. Well going back to our topic about yeismo, a good example it could be the word "bellezza" which is the same in spanish without the double "z" but most of italians still are unable to pronounce it as we do.

I don't know, since I've been a toddler I remember listening people saying "Mamma Mia" when they tried to imitate italians but I have no idea from where it comes this popularity. Hahaha this's embarrasing but the first time I listened the word "brava" I think it was watching High School Musical lol.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

@Kim, I didn't know LJ deleted your account if you don't use it so frequently. Mine was deleted about a couple of weeks ago :(

@Marie, ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAYS. Not be worried about internet. One of us we're going to throw your laptop through the window :p

@Kurtsie4ever, Are you feeling better?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/15/2012, 10:27 pm

brisallie wrote:

Sort of. Still coughing but not as bad. My throat feels a little better too. My grandma was saying that this probably the longest I've ever been sick besides the time I had mono.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/16/2012, 12:41 am

glad you are getting better. you will fully recover soon. neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/16/2012, 12:44 am

Kurtsie4ever wrote:
brisallie wrote:

Sort of. Still coughing but not as bad. My throat feels a little better too. My grandma was saying that this probably the longest I've ever been sick besides the time I had mono.

Mono? The kiss illness according to what it was said in a episode of Glee? I'm glad you're better and don't worry, you know the coughing is the last thing to leave.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/16/2012, 4:07 am

fantastica wrote:glad you are getting better. you will fully recover soon. neutre

Thanks. neutre I apperciate it.

brisallie wrote:
Kurtsie4ever wrote:
brisallie wrote:

Mono? The kiss illness according to what it was said in a episode of Glee? I'm glad you're better and don't worry, you know the coughing is the last thing to leave.

Yeah, I was like 11 when I had mono. I don't even know how I got it. I know it will take a couple days, but at least I'm not as tired. I'm also starting to get my appetite back.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next