Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bistro on the corner

+19
Ireth
ColferInspired
sahhar
paulopf
arina
kac
Coolbeans3131
Emile
tanita_mors
Kurt Hummel
Delight
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
brisallie
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
Struck by Lightning
Glorfindel
fantastica
23 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Bistro on the corner - Page 35 Empty Re: Bistro on the corner

Post  fantastica 6/30/2012, 7:16 pm

have fun! remember you have my blessing! flower
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/1/2012, 1:04 am

@Glorfindel, I hope you enjoy your holiday trip! Don't forget your sunglasses and sunscreen coool ; and camera too (to take some nice photos of the place you're going to)

You may wish to take this opportunity to wean yourself from Glee and all the aggravations it brings. Sometimes I think that this show is more trouble than it's worth.

And imagine: when you're back from your holidays, you'll have TLOS to distract yourself with Wink

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/1/2012, 12:55 pm

^Happy holidays!

My current set of exams just finished, and the Harry Potter movie props exhibition is currently in Singapore, so I just went. And it was so cool!

There's so much detail in everything right down to the buttons on the robes. The robes were cool, but the trio's muggle clothes look much worse off screen. And the Half Blood Prince's potions book was the most detailed, but his handwriting is hard to read. The DA list was nice, all their handwriting is so beautiful, and Fred and George's are really different. And Nigel, the random kid who's in the movies, not the books has a surname, Wospart or soemthing. And Umbridge's educational decrees literally have "Blahblahblah" printed at the bottom.

I know I'm rambling, but I'm jut very excited about seeing actual HP movie props.

Absolutely no photography was allowed (unless you pay for them to photograph you at a booth which I didn't because it was too expensive and kind of lame seeing as it's just a computer generated backdrop and scarves and wands), and souvenirs were ridiculously expensive. But I did get sweets, and some of the Bertie Botts beans made me almost throw up-like the dirt/earthworm one. Earwax was kind of nice though haha.

Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 7/1/2012, 1:00 pm

^Pardon my curiosity, Ireth, are you a Singaporean? I'm glad that you enjoyed the event Smile I would definitely visit the exhibition if I had the chance.

Happy holidays, Marie bounce Hope you enjoy every minute in that lovely place. I'm looking forward to some pics as well if you're willing to post them here Smile

You have my blessings for a safe, marvelous trip neutre

Last edited by BlueJazz on 7/1/2012, 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/1/2012, 1:42 pm

Ireth wrote:^Happy holidays!
the Harry Potter movie props exhibition is currently in Singapore, so I just went. And it was so cool!
wow, i didn't know there was such a show. I wish it will come to the US!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/1/2012, 4:58 pm

BlueJazz wrote:^Pardon my curiosity, Ireth, are you a Singaporean? I'm glad that you enjoyed the event Smile I would definitely visit the exhibition if I had the chance.

Indian living in Singapore neutre

And @Kim, I think the exhibition first went to the US if I'm not mistaken :/
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/1/2012, 5:35 pm

^ oops, I was hoping it will eventually come to the US, but if they have already come and gone, I am out of luck. :(

I feel like we are United Nation here. I love you all! Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/1/2012, 5:43 pm

fantastica wrote:^ oops, I was hoping it will eventually come to the US, but if they have already come and gone, I am out of luck. :(

I feel like we are United Nation here. I love you all! Razz

BTW, are all the continents represented in here? From what I gather that is a yes.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/1/2012, 5:44 pm

not the southern most continent. only penguins live there. Razz

p.s. oops we also miss hte African continent. we need some africans here! unsure
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/1/2012, 5:56 pm

fantastica wrote:not the southern most continent. only penguins live there. Razz

p.s. oops we also miss hte African continent. we need some africans here! unsure

We already have a penguin, our very own baby penguin. How could you forget that? I know HE'S not a member but a reigning prince/king of our land so that should count. But Africa... humhum
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/1/2012, 6:03 pm

ok I know this is cheating but here's a real African:

Bistro on the corner - Page 35 Male-african-lion_618_600x450

I hope he joins. He's my cousin after all. tonguue
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/2/2012, 2:40 am

valkeakuulas wrote:
fantastica wrote:not the southern most continent. only penguins live there. Razz

We already have a penguin, our very own baby penguin. How could you forget that? I know HE'S not a member but a reigning prince/king of our land so that should count. But Africa... humhum

Of course, our own baby penguin Smile

This one's cute, I want him/her to join too:
Bistro on the corner - Page 35 Babypenguin

fantastica wrote:ok I know this is cheating but here's a real African:

Bistro on the corner - Page 35 Male-african-lion_618_600x450

I hope he joins. He's my cousin after all. tonguue

Make him join haha.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/2/2012, 2:44 pm

Hey all. Does anyone have any remedies for migraine headaches?. I keep getting them on and off nowdays, probably because of the summer heat. Thanks.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/2/2012, 4:24 pm

i don't have migraines but I have had headaches. once I was very ill, and bed ridden for over a week. finally my fever receded but ended up w/ a headache I couldn't tolerate. no pills could help. then I remember this friend of mine, who complained about headache for years. he had a spine curve that's so bad that one shoulder is visibly higher than the other. finally he went to a doc and the doc told him to do exercises to correct his curvature in the spine (it's all due to yrs of bad posture, not some foundamental flaws in the spine). He said those exercises defintiely help a lot, and as a side effect it cured his headache that no pills seemed to help. this gave me a hint. I know that when the spine is not properly aligned (due to bad posture etc.) it can pinch the nerve. the problem is in the lower back area your legs and hips will be affected. if your problem is around the neck and upper shoulder area you will end up w/ headaches that doesn't seem to go away easily. I figured that my headache after the illness was not due to the illness directly but due to lying around on teh bed, half propped up to watch TV all day long. So I started to stretch and incoporate some yoga movements, all aimed at relaxing the muscles (so they don't pull the spine into misaligned positions) and improve general posture. at the end of hte session the headache was gone! no pills!

there are a lot of reason why one will end up w/ headaches. misalined spine around the neck is a common culprit. it pinches the nerve. that's why people have it when they are tense and nervous - their shoulder/neck muscle automatically tenses up and pull the vertibres out of alignment. this is actually the easiest treat - not by pills but by stretching and general exercise and relaxation.

there are other causes such as problems inside the brain, like tumor, blood vessel problems etc. but if your doctor says you don't have these bad conditions then don't worry. try the above approach to see if it helps. If not, at least exercise and relaxation is good for yoru general health, something you should be doing anyway.

good luck!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/2/2012, 4:42 pm

fantastica wrote:i don't have migraines but I have had headaches. once I was very ill, and bed ridden for over a week. finally my fever receded but ended up w/ a headache I couldn't tolerate. no pills could help. then I remember this friend of mine, who complained about headache for years. he had a spine curve that's so bad that one shoulder is visibly higher than the other. finally he went to a doc and the doc told him to do exercises to correct his curvature in the spine (it's all due to yrs of bad posture, not some foundamental flaws in the spine). He said those exercises defintiely help a lot, and as a side effect it cured his headache that no pills seemed to help. this gave me a hint. I know that when the spine is not properly aligned (due to bad posture etc.) it can pinch the nerve. the problem is in the lower back area your legs and hips will be affected. if your problem is around the neck and upper shoulder area you will end up w/ headaches that doesn't seem to go away easily. I figured that my headache after the illness was not due to the illness directly but due to lying around on teh bed, half propped up to watch TV all day long. So I started to stretch and incoporate some yoga movements, all aimed at relaxing the muscles (so they don't pull the spine into misaligned positions) and improve general posture. at the end of hte session the headache was gone! no pills!

there are a lot of reason why one will end up w/ headaches. misalined spine around the neck is a common culprit. it pinches the nerve. that's why people have it when they are tense and nervous - their shoulder/neck muscle automatically tenses up and pull the vertibres out of alignment. this is actually the easiest treat - not by pills but by stretching and general exercise and relaxation.

there are other causes such as problems inside the brain, like tumor, blood vessel problems etc. but if your doctor says you don't have these bad conditions then don't worry. try the above approach to see if it helps. If not, at least exercise and relaxation is good for yoru general health, something you should be doing anyway.

good luck!

Thanks Kim Smile. You may be right there. I sit on my desk and have one posture during the day since this is where my laptop is. Maybe I need to be more energetic and do more exercise (lazy summer heheh). Plus migraines run in my family dryy . Thanks for the advice though will definitely try it Smile.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/2/2012, 5:00 pm

sahhar wrote:Thanks Kim Smile. You may be right there. I sit on my desk and have one posture during the day since this is where my laptop is. Maybe I need to be more energetic and do more exercise (lazy summer heheh). Plus migraines run in my family dryy . Thanks for the advice though will definitely try it Smile.

you should get up and move around for a couple of minutes/doing some stretchings and neck rolls every hour or so. It doesn't take much time but it maybe the best "medicine" you can get, with only good side effects. sitting at the desk for long periods of time is very very bad for the spine.

it's also likely that your family has tendency to tense up (my family tend to grind teeth when sleeping) thus leading to "migraines". But like I said before, try the natural exercise/relaxation w/ stretching and yoga moves (especially those that focus on the neck shoulders area) because even if they don't help w/ your headaches, they will improve your general health. you have nothing to lose except a few minutes a day.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/2/2012, 5:12 pm

fantastica wrote:
sahhar wrote:Thanks Kim Smile. You may be right there. I sit on my desk and have one posture during the day since this is where my laptop is. Maybe I need to be more energetic and do more exercise (lazy summer heheh). Plus migraines run in my family dryy . Thanks for the advice though will definitely try it Smile.

you should get up and move around for a couple of minutes/doing some stretchings and neck rolls every hour or so. It doesn't take much time but it maybe the best "medicine" you can get, with only good side effects. sitting at the desk for long periods of time is very very bad for the spine.

it's also likely that your family has tendency to tense up (my family tend to grind teeth when sleeping) thus leading to "migraines". But like I said before, try the natural exercise/relaxation w/ stretching and yoga moves (especially those that focus on the neck shoulders area) because even if they don't help w/ your headaches, they will improve your general health. you have nothing to lose except a few minutes a day.

I'm trying walking and stretching but I don't know any yoga moves. Thanks for the advice again though Smile.

P.S - Does wearing headphones have anything to do with it?

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/2/2012, 5:28 pm

^ hay you may just hit the jackpot! I used to get headaches from wearing head bands and ear phones - epsecially the type of ear phones that's over the head/ear rather than the apple in-ear buds. the headband/ear phone bands have tensions in them. they feel comfortable when you first put on but after many hours they cause pounding headaches. anythign that puts pressure on your head can pinch nerves and/or restrict blood flow and thus causing headaches. I suggest in look into those in ear buds and also keep the volumn low. I notice that even w/ in ear buds if the volumn is too high I get a slight headache after awhile.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/2/2012, 5:34 pm

fantastica wrote:^ hay you may just hit the jackpot! I used to get headaches from wearing head bands and ear phones - epsecially the type of ear phones that's over the head/ear rather than the apple in-ear buds. the headband/ear phone bands have tensions in them. they feel comfortable when you first put on but after many hours they cause pounding headaches. anythign that puts pressure on your head can pinch nerves and/or restrict blood flow and thus causing headaches. I suggest in look into those in ear buds and also keep the volumn low. I notice that even w/ in ear buds if the volumn is too high I get a slight headache after awhile.

Ahhhhh. Makes sense, thanks again Kim Smile, sorry for bugging you Embarassed .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/2/2012, 5:35 pm

no problem. I am your inner grandma. so I am full of wisdom. tonguue
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/2/2012, 5:41 pm

google for some yoga/stretching moves that relaxes the shoulder/neck area (as well as the whole body). if you have netflix streaming they have a few yoga videos on it that you can follow. don't worry if you can't reach/hold a posture. I am very inflexible and can't touch my toes so I loop a towel around my feet. it's not how far you can reach. it's about lengthening those otherwise tensed up muscles. so just try to do what your body can do.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/4/2012, 5:47 am

Wishing all americans happy 4th of July. May the weather and the fireworks be magnificent. It's great that your indepence day is at summer and that can mean only good kick-ass outdoor parties. Our indepence day holiday is in the middle of winter so no BBQs for us.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/4/2012, 5:59 am

^Thank you! I wish everyone a Happy 4th as well. My step dad was saying that it might rain. Hoping it won't be too bad if it does.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/4/2012, 8:22 am

Hi everyone, j'ai arrive en France !!!
(or in proper internet language: I've arrived in France)

After last year's misfortune we were all a bit nervous for the trip, but we got here safe. Kim's blessing must have helped. fanny2

We had a little deja vu (I'm already adapting to using French words fanny2) when 5 km(!) before we would arrive at our destination our car broke down again. :( But at least this time we knew that we would get towed to our camping of choice if our car could not be fixed, and with a replacement car we could continu our holiday as planned. However, the car worked again after cooling off for 30 minutes and we were able to get to our destination.
Now the car is being fixed at a garage while we get unpacked, put up the tents, check out the local intermarche for food my children will eat, and swim in the camping's pool. coool

You're right, Shinra, it is very beautiful here.
I love the sea breeze, the way the bright sun colours the houses and scenery, and the smell of the oleanders and other flowers. My holiday always officially begins when I spot the first palm tree, as we don't have those in the cold Netherlands. flower

My internet connection here is really slow, which is a curse and a blessing. A curse because a page takes forever to load, and a blessing because that means I can't be bothered to keep up with all the forums, threads and Glee news. fanny2 It's an excellent way to create some distance from all the season 3 Kurt ennui. (oops, I used French again, o lala!)
And now I'm off to la piscine to help my son overcome his fear of the waterslide and maybe eat some glaces. I'll be back. coool

Oh, and happy 4th of July to the Americans. neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/4/2012, 9:09 am

Happy 4th July to all the Americans too! I hope you have a good today Smile as someone said before you're lucky that your independence day is on Summer, mine is at the beginning of Spring.

@Marie, Bonjour!!! I'm glad you're finally in France. Wish you the best. Enjoy!
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next