Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bistro on the corner

+19
Ireth
ColferInspired
sahhar
paulopf
arina
kac
Coolbeans3131
Emile
tanita_mors
Kurt Hummel
Delight
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
brisallie
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
Struck by Lightning
Glorfindel
fantastica
23 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Bistro on the corner Empty 7-week Hiatus

Post  fantastica 2/22/2012, 9:44 pm

ok, so we have a almost 2 months long hiatus. at least last summer hiatus we had tours and SBL to keep us occupied. so what are we going to do here? Repeating the same "he should have gotten more songs" or "blarren's face is pissing me off" get really old. Either we should all take a vacation, or come up w/ some new "hobbies" to play with here. Any ideas?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Bistro on the corner Empty Re: Bistro on the corner

Post  Glorfindel 2/23/2012, 1:33 pm

Since the feedback thread seems to have disappeared, I'm going to post this here:
It's something I posted in the Kurt spoiler thread on GF.

^I'm confused by this too.
First we split up and have to post in 2 different threads, now we even post in 2 different forums. I don't like that.

I appreciate the new forum, but I miss the dynamic here. And I'm getting split personality syndrom from posting things double or trying to remember what conversation took place where.

I want most of the discussions to continu here, at least untill 'that other place' goes public and is open to everyone.
A lot of people visit the KHAT and this thread, and I don't want them to be shunned from our conversations.
Plus: I think it's important to talk about Kurt and his storylines in a public place, not a protected one.

So, as far as I'm concerned I will hang out mostly here and in the KHAT, unless it's not possible to express everything I might want to say in this forum. Then a nice thread on the Chris Colfer Forum is a threapeutic place to post. wink.gif

I will bring this up in the new forum as well. Because this way the KHAT and this spoiler thread will die.

I don't want to stop this forum, but it's very confusing where to post and I think a lot of us will give up double posting in 2 forums real quickly.
I don't want to abandon and leave the KHAT and the Kurt spoiler thread. So I'd like to ask to keep most conversations about Kurt over there, and only come here when we know the conversation will not be acceptable at Gleeforum. Maybe we can even use a sort of codename whenever we need to resort to coming here.

As soon as this forum is public and open, we can reconsider, but unless most of you only want to post here and not on GF anymore, I will stop the double posting of discussions about Kurt and keep that in one place, on GF.

What do you all think?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/23/2012, 2:21 pm

This forum is as public as that one. It's not "protected" in anyway like you need a password to browse and read posts. You need an account to post because otherwsie people like GleeAddict can come here anytime and post all she wants - and I am sure all of us will hate if that happens.

If you notice the google bot comes in several times a day to index the pages. that means we are accessible via google searches. As time goes on there will be lot more potential members discovering us and coming here to post. We welcome all kurtsies (and even none-kurtsies as long as they don't bash chris/kurt) regardless of shipping preference, that's why we should all use the Snark n Bark thread for heavy-duty venting in order to not piss off shippers w/ sensitive souls. The goal of this place is to keep it going way beyond the lifecycle of Glee. We will follow Chris into the sunset (whatever it means)

So far pretty much all of us are from GF so we can all cross post if we want to (I still do, like most). Some of us prefer this place more than the GF, while others feel otherwise. This is all perfectly ok. If you prefer GF, use this as a companion community where you can pretty much say whatever you want. It's all about freedom folks! Freedom of choice and freedom of speech! neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/23/2012, 2:24 pm

This forum is as public as that one. It's not "protected" in anyway like you need a password to browse and read posts. You need an account to post because otherwsie people like GleeAddict can come here anytime and post all she wants - and I am sure all of us will hate if that happens.

If you notice the google bot comes in several times a day to index the pages. that means we are accessible via google searches. As time goes on there will be lot more potential members discovering us and coming here to post. We welcome all kurtsies (and even none-kurtsies as long as they don't bash chris/kurt) regardless of shipping preference, that's why we should all use the Snark n Bark thread for heavy-duty venting in order to not piss off shippers w/ sensitive souls. The goal of this place is to keep it going way beyond the lifecycle of Glee. We will follow Chris into the sunset (whatever it means)

So far pretty much all of us are from GF so we can all cross post if we want to (I still do, like most). Some of us prefer this place more than the GF, while others feel otherwise. This is all perfectly ok. If you prefer GF, use this as a companion community where you can pretty much say whatever you want. It's all about freedom folks! Freedom of choice and freedom of speech! neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/23/2012, 2:43 pm

^Well, if it's public, then we at least must make an announcement in the KHAT to let people know.

To be honest: I find it sad that a disagreement with Blaine fans caused us to flee from GF and it is now causing a bleeding out of the KHAT.
It feels like abandoning ship. :(
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/23/2012, 2:55 pm

I think most of us still post in KHAT. some people who prefer here more didn't post a lot there to begin with, so it's not so much of a flee. I was just about to quit after Karen left. I was so emotional at that time. so having this place actually allow me to continue to post in KHAT too. I believe what makes KHAT seems slow is the lack of content now that we are in a hiatus. There's just not much to post short of any significant spoilers.

In terms of announcement, I have posted one on that forum but not in KHAT (but in the same Kurt Hummel section). I told people to PM me instead of posting the link outright. I am not sure if it's allowed to post a link to another forum. The mods may think we are competing with them and have it deleted.

Marie: can you visit hte spoiler section about the recent (probably fake) song spoiler for the next 2 episodes? can you tell us what you think if they were true? I love to hear your opinions about songs (especially who sings them).

Admin/mods: what happened to that Feedback thread????
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 2/23/2012, 7:33 pm

I don't have a livejournal account, but does anyone think we should post about this forum on p_f? Pretty much everyone there feels the same way most of us do about both Kurt and Klaine, and I remember reading that some people used to post on GF but couldn't stand it anymore, so some might want to join, IDK.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/23/2012, 8:21 pm

Hi all,

Shinra17 and I are planning on posting about this board on the Glee Forum very soon, and will also start spreading the word via tumblr and twitter. We just wanted to give ourselves some time to get some people over here and get feedback so that we could make the board a better place before rolling it out on a larger scale.

As Kim said, the forum is searchable on Google (I know, I checked), so once we start getting more activity here, we'll start seeing more people.

We decided to move the feedback thread into hiding since it wasn't being used as much, and we didn't want to leave some of the discussions out in the open once we start opening the board up to more people.

Hopefully tomorrow or Saturday I'll be able to get the post announcing the board ready to put on the Glee forum (there is a board there where you can specifically post to promote your site), and we will also post the link on the thread about the Kurtsie thread.

In the meantime, please feel free to invite anyone you wish to join us.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/23/2012, 8:22 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Well, if it's public, then we at least must make an announcement in the KHAT to let people know.

To be honest: I find it sad that a disagreement with Blaine fans caused us to flee from GF and it is now causing a bleeding out of the KHAT.
It feels like abandoning ship. :(
This place is not only for talking freely about things that may be censored on GF because of the other fans, it's also a place for the post-glee and out-of-glee part in Chris's career. Everyone is free to stay on GF and come here only occasionnally, or later (or not at all). Personally, I don't want to refrain myself especially when blarren is brought up in kurt's life while everything is allowed concerning Karofsky, sebastian or other character interacting with Kurt.

fantastica wrote:In terms of announcement, I have posted one on that forum but not in KHAT (but in the same Kurt Hummel section). I told people to PM me instead of posting the link outright. I am not sure if it's allowed to post a link to another forum. The mods may think we are competing with them and have it deleted.
It is not allowed Wink The only place allowing it is in a sub-forum in the bottom of Gleeforum (sth called ~shameless self promotion)

Struck by Lightning wrote:I don't have a livejournal account, but does anyone think we should post about this forum on p_f? Pretty much everyone there feels the same way most of us do about both Kurt and Klaine, and I remember reading that some people used to post on GF but couldn't stand it anymore, so some might want to join, IDK.
I have a LJ account and I post (and continue posting) on p_f ^^. But honestly, I don't feel like talking about this board there, it seems a rude thing to do to me. Maybe later... humhum
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/23/2012, 8:50 pm

I'm agree with Marie that's confusing to post here and on GF and I don't wanna leave GF either but little by little I starting to like more this site than GF, but I'm still split between both places Smile

What's is p_f? BTW I don't have a LJ account.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 2/24/2012, 12:39 am

^p_f stands for porcelain_fans, it's a LJ community for Kurtsies.

Sometimes I feel like I should post on GF just to say positive things about Kurt/Chris there and vote in polls, but then again I can't stand the place. I'll stay here instead.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/25/2012, 10:17 am

Kim, the Bing Bot stopped by here too.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/25/2012, 4:07 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Kim, the Bing Bot stopped by here too.

It's so funny that the forum software identifies them as users too. Wink I can visualize little robots coming over periodically to do really boring indexing work.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Bistro on the corner Empty posting

Post  Guest 2/26/2012, 1:19 am

I understand the reluctance of some to leave the Glee Forum. It is where you started, and built up a rapport with others like yourselves. The problem for me came when the KHAT thread was constantly reported, sometimes just by people wanting to cause trouble. If freedom is curtailed, honesty is no longer there. You haven't the right to say what you want - and I am not talking about bashing, because I saw little of that, but just opinions that other fans refused to accept. If you have to worry about every phrase that comes out of your mouth, it is really not a free and honest discussion. And those complaining about us were doing some bashing of their own. I am so thankful to Jellyrolls and Shinra17 for setting up this place. I think more will come to join us when they find this is a place of freedom for Kurtsies.

I am not a member of ONTD-Glee or Porcelain Fans, but I do visit. I love Porcelain Fans because they are tongue in cheek and snarky and mostly express how I feel. I love to follow them when they are doing an episode watch because I am either laughing or loving with them.

Back to top Go down

Bistro on the corner Empty Oscars

Post  fantastica 2/26/2012, 8:43 pm

Anybody watching the oscar award tonight?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/26/2012, 9:51 pm

Carousel wrote:I understand the reluctance of some to leave the Glee Forum.
I think there were regulars in the KHAT who were more into Kurt and Glee than into Chris. It's only natural for them to remain on GF, they were participating in a lot of threads out of the Kurt sub-forum. There're also a lot more lurkers and guest readers on GF, I think that must be motivating for some people to be read by a larger audience. And for people whose first forum is GF, I can understand their attachment because it's the place they learn to use a board. I'm not concerned by any of these 3 points, that's why... lol

fantastica wrote:Anybody watching the oscar award tonight?
I won't (or I don't if it's already beginning, no idea at all).
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Bistro on the corner Empty Oscars

Post  Guest 2/26/2012, 11:18 pm

Oh God, yes! My sister is here and glued to that stuff. Then to E! for the after party. Then tomorrow night it will be The Fashion Police so Joan Rivers, etc. can bash the dresses (along with us mrgreen ) I did - thankfully, miss Blarren singing with Kermit. I think the pre-show started really early.

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/27/2012, 12:14 am

Carousel wrote:

Oh God, yes! My sister is here and glued to that stuff. Then to E! for the after party. Then tomorrow night it will be The Fashion Police so Joan Rivers, etc. can bash the dresses (along with us mrgreen ) I did - thankfully, miss Blarren singing with Kermit. I think the pre-show started really early.

I love Fashion Police and I doesn't matter if sometimes Joan likes bitching people's clothing but that how she is. And did I miss something? Darren and Kermit singing together? ohmy
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/27/2012, 12:49 am

brisallie wrote:

I love Fashion Police and I doesn't matter if sometimes Joan likes bitching people's clothing but that how she is. And did I miss something? Darren and Kermit singing together? ohmy

Joan Rivers is both hysterical and off-color. I love this show, altho I only watch it after red carpet events.

Apparently Darren and Kermit sang Rainbow Connection together. I'm sure it will be on youtube soon if not already.

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/27/2012, 2:42 am

It was on her show that Sarah H-something from Modern Family got into trouble by talking about Lea last summer right? She is in Chris' SBL.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/27/2012, 12:11 pm

fantastica wrote:It was on her show that Sarah H-something from Modern Family got into trouble by talking about Lea last summer right? She is in Chris' SBL.

YES. Her name is Sarah Hyland btw and I don't see why fans got upset because of his 'imitation' of Lea's pose, for me it wasn't something to take so seriously ... and Lea does those poses.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 2/27/2012, 2:54 pm

I did, and I was so happy Octavia Spencer won Best Supporting Actress! Probably the most touching, best moment of the night. wub

I was also really pleased with Hugo's several wins, and very very happy that Rango won Best Animated Feature. I love that movie. Smile
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/27/2012, 4:59 pm

brisallie wrote:
fantastica wrote:It was on her show that Sarah H-something from Modern Family got into trouble by talking about Lea last summer right? She is in Chris' SBL.

YES. Her name is Sarah Hyland btw and I don't see why fans got upset because of his 'imitation' of Lea's pose, for me it wasn't something to take so seriously ... and Lea does those poses.
lol. maybe that's why it's so hurtful Smile

And about the oscars, I can't believe J.Dujardin got the SAG and now the Oscar award. Here, we can watch him every evening in a small serie and he's basically playing a buffoon (and acting as a buffoon lol). More seriously, I haven't watched the Artist, but JD has made several french films and his acting is very basic and good for gag-style storylines.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/27/2012, 5:36 pm

I haven't watched Artist either. Because it's a silent film in black and white it's kind of refreshing for modern audiences. I really shouldn't comment on it at all since I know nothing about it other than a few clips I saw during hte oscar ceremony. I am not impressed by costume design who won an Oscar. I am not impressed by a lot of things based on those tiny clips.

I actually watched a few real old silent movies in Turner Classic Movies channel. Because of lack of dialogue, and because the old movies resemble more of theater performances, the acting (especially the slap stick comedies) tend to be more exagerated than modern day screen acting. however, when I watched some of hte old time silent masterpieces, i was astonished how well the nuianced some of the actings are. some of characters are very well written and involve very complex emotions and internal conflicts, and the actors portrayed those feelings naturally and convincingly. too bad I don't remember the names of the movies or names of hte actors, but I was really impressed that even back then there were already great actors who can make character come alive, even without the soundtrack.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/27/2012, 11:14 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
lol. maybe that's why it's so hurtful Smile

And about the oscars, I can't believe J.Dujardin got the SAG and now the Oscar award. Here, we can watch him every evening in a small serie and he's basically playing a buffoon (and acting as a buffoon lol). More seriously, I haven't watched the Artist, but JD has made several french films and his acting is very basic and good for gag-style storylines.

Razz maybe...

I haven't seen the Artist either and I didn't heard about J.Dujardin until this January, besides my favorite one was Gary Oldman Smile but usually the lead actor from the movie that won the Oscar for Best Film is chosen as the winner, so I wasn't surprised at all.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next