Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

+28
tophercolfer
Divalicious
mindschemez
Sunshine 2012
angelnessa
Delight
Catt24
brisallie
TimF
Ireth
bayth
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Ranwing
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
Kurt addict
Glorfindel
Buenos
ChrisColfersLightning
Lottie2303
Georgette888
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
coxfire
ColferInspired
sheny
32 posters

Page 4 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next

Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 4 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  Ranwing 5/14/2014, 5:37 am

I just woke up, turned on my computer. And what do I find? Chris having the lead in a major motion picture.

My response?

panik panik hola hola panik panik 

ded 
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 4 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  Ranwing 5/14/2014, 5:57 am

I can't stop smiling over the news. I didn't dare believe that for his first major film role that Chris would be attached to such a prestigious project. This has the potential to be huge and I could not be prouder of Chris. To be able to work with so many amazing actors in a film is all that I could have wished for.

And to those who said that Chris was unemployable outside of Glee, they can kiss my ass!  guzu 
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/14/2014, 6:04 am

Ranwing wrote:I can't stop smiling over the news. I didn't dare believe that for his first major film role that Chris would be attached to such a prestigious project. This has the potential to be huge and I could not be prouder of Chris. To be able to work with so many amazing actors in a film is all that I could have wished for.

And to those who said that Chris was unemployable outside of Glee, they can kiss my ass!  guzu 

Totally agree.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/14/2014, 6:16 am

"Blythe Spirit" is one of all time favourite films?

Wonder who be cast as his male lover?

It's British, so I am going into pervert area, sex scenes.  phr34r 

The Brit's have never been shy to film sex scenes between two men or two woman, or showing nudity.  phr34r
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2014, 6:30 am

Well nudity is OK if it's integral to the story...  phr34r 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/14/2014, 6:35 am

^Lol, I've been crying and laughing manically all morning. I haven't even eaten breakfast yet, too busy flailing and posting and reblogging.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 4 Craughing

My youngest will come home from school in an hour, expecting lunch, and he'll find his mom still in pyjamas frantically typing like mad on her laptop, with the tissuebox open and used.  Razz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/14/2014, 6:46 am

Aaaaaand this thread has arrived at the essentials: possible Chris nudity.  Razz 

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 4 Tumblr_m7cpswsYXg1rxzhzlo1_250
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/14/2014, 6:58 am

Perfect gif from tumblr:

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 4 Tumblr_mazzegwDzO1rdishuo1_500

ptdr
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/14/2014, 7:01 am

Glorfindel wrote:Aaaaaand this thread has arrived at the essentials: possible Chris nudity.  Razz 

We know he loves us when he says this.  Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/14/2014, 7:04 am

Lottie2303 wrote:The news are getting better and better. I somehow thought this is a small indie, but with all those prestigious names attached  ohmy 

I just really hope Chris will nail the accent. So many actors in the past were slammed for accents, despite great acting. Chris really, really needs to nail it (but I am optimist and know Chris is a perfectionist).
my thoughts exactly. if he nails the accent or does reasonably well on it, should be a real star making turn for him, or at least give him some major acting credibility that isn't connected to glee.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 5/14/2014, 7:50 am

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
Ranwing wrote:I can't stop smiling over the news. I didn't dare believe that for his first major film role that Chris would be attached to such a prestigious project. This has the potential to be huge and I could not be prouder of Chris. To be able to work with so many amazing actors in a film is all that I could have wished for.

Totally agree.

Same here! I wont even lie, I am thirsty to see some Colfer Bum and never in my wildest dreams did I ever hope for an racy scene from Chris and now I want it badly  Embarassed  blushh  tonguue  uhuhu  ooppss 

ColferInspired wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Aaaaaand this thread has arrived at the essentials: possible Chris nudity.  Razz 

We know he loves us when he says this.  Smile

Yep ;)He loves us perverts! He shakes his bum just for us perverts!  uhuhu  tonguue  fanny2  Razz 

tanita_mors wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:The news are getting better and better. I somehow thought this is a small indie, but with all those prestigious names attached  ohmy 

I just really hope Chris will nail the accent. So many actors in the past were slammed for accents, despite great acting. Chris really, really needs to nail it (but I am optimist and know Chris is a perfectionist).
my thoughts exactly. if he nails the accent or does reasonably well on it, should be a real star making turn for him, or at least give him some major acting credibility that isn't connected to glee.

Same here! Chris LOVES The UK, and he is so amazing, I am certain this is the Bio pic he knew about for like over a year now so must likely he has been practicing on his accent or even hired a vocal coach(?) Either way I am sure he will do just fine, just got to perfect those rolling R's Noel does so perfectly  Smile
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/14/2014, 7:56 am

Chris will want this to be perfect.

I think he will have a voice coach and has been practicing.

Chris does everything 100% and more.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/14/2014, 7:57 am

ColferInspired wrote:Chris will want this to be perfect.

I think he will have a voice coach and has been practicing.

Chris does everything 100% and more.

Agree 100%.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/14/2014, 8:02 am

Source
B-Good Pictures are the company who are behind the making of this Biopic. They are confirming that Chris is indeed Playing Noel Coward.
Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 4 Tumblr_n5k8fqrDi21qjlzrgo1_500

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 4 Tumblr_n5k8fqrDi21qjlzrgo2_r1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/14/2014, 8:37 am

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 4 Tumblr_n5kahbjdLz1qjlzrgo1_1280
He is the director.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/14/2014, 8:57 am

Someone said the Queen liked Noel Coward.

What if she gets to see the movie.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/14/2014, 9:50 am

‘Glee’s’ Chris Colfer to star in Noel Coward biopic
By Natalie Fisher (@nataliefisher) at 8:30 am, May 14, 2014
Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 4 Colfercoward

Chris Colfer is attached to star alongside Sir Ian McKellen in Noel, a biopic focusing on the early life of gay English playwright Noel Coward.
Screen Daily has exclusively announced the news that Noel, a biographical film about Noel Coward, has landed Glee’s Chris Colfer to star as the playwright in his youth. The project is also in casting talks with British legends Vanessa Redgrave and Sir Ian McKellen. Colfer seemingly confirmed his involvement by posting a photo of Coward on his Instagram account, moments after Screen Daily’s article went live.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 4 Noel

Colfer – who was cast in Glee as an unknown 18 year old – hasn’t chosen to pursue many “extracurricular” acting jobs in the five years since Glee’s premiere, preferring to work on his own projects as a writer. He served as screenwriter, executive producer and star of 2012′s Struck By Lightning, also penning a novelization of his dark teen film, and the third instalment of The Land of Stories, his New York Times best-selling children’s fantasy series, is due for release this summer.
Aside from a couple of quick voice-over parts, Chris Colfer hasn’t appeared on screen in a fictional role aside from as Kurt and as Carson – his own Struck By Lightning creation. It’s unlikely that this is down to a lack of offers – he won a Golden Globe in 2011 for portraying Kurt, he’s received several Emmy nominations, and he’s lauded as one of Hollywood’s brightest young stars. With the finishing line of Glee in sight, it’s possible that Colfer is now looking ahead to what life after Glee has to offer, or it could simply be that, out of all the offers that must come his way, he finally found a project that spoke to him. Given that Kurt Hummel didn’t exist until Chris Colfer showed up in Glee’s audition room – the part was written specifically for him – and that laying a rose at the grave of Noel Coward is a legitimate entry on Kurt’s bucket list, it’s safe to assume that Colfer has an affinity for the English playwright, who is today – like Kurt Hummel and Chris Colfer – seen as a gay icon.

Noel Coward was born in southwest London at the turn of last century. He was known – in addition to his nearly 50 published plays and his work as an actor, director and screenwriter for film – for his wit and flamboyance, and for his influence on 20th century writers. Some of his more famous works include Easy Virtue, which had a 2008 film adaptation starring Colin Firth, and Private Lives, a play which has experienced countless Broadway and West End revivals, starring – over time – everyone from Maggie Smith to Sex In The City’s Kim Cattrall.
Coward – both the man himself, who died in 1973, and his many works – are quintessentially English, a staple of the history of London theatre, so it will be interesting to see Chris Colfer – a California native with an admitted obsessive love for period drama and British culture in general – take on a role which may have been more expected to go to a young British actor. Noel – which was developed by the BFI (British Film Institute) with the support of the Noel Coward Estate – aims to shoot in the late summer, so with Glee’s next season not returning until 2015, Colfer will have plenty of spare time to perfect his English accent!

http://www.hypable.com/2014/05/14/glees-chris-colfer-to-star-in-noel-coward-biopic/
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/14/2014, 9:56 am

OMG! I think I just fainted for awhile!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/14/2014, 9:58 am

Oooh, they really chose good pictures to put side by side.  neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/14/2014, 10:06 am

I am a bit surprised about the article by hypable, as I really have a beef with them when it comes to Glee and Chris/Kurt coverage.

But the choice of pictures are excellent.

I am still stoked that Chris got cast as LEAD ROLE in such a great project. I sincerely expected a supporting part in some Indie movie, that may start shooting in 3 years. I am so happy to be proven wrong!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/14/2014, 10:08 am

http://www.4ye.co.uk/2014/05/14/chris-colfer-to-take-his-wit-to-the-drawing-room-as-he-takes-on-noel-coward/

Chris Colfer To Take His Wit To The Drawing Room As He Takes On Noël Coward
by Clare Sidoti · May 14, 2014

Back in the Glee season 3 episode “The First Time” we discovered that Kurt Hummel’s bucket list contained “Number 63: Lay a rose on the birthplace of Noël Coward.” Now it appears that the man behind our favourite fashionista, Mr Chris Colfer, is going to one-up his alter ego and actually star as the man himself in a new biopic about the UK playwright.
Earlier this week when promoting the Glee season 5 finale in an interview with TV Fanatic, speaking of his upcoming projects over the summer hiatus, Colfer revealed, “I’ve got another couple of movie projects coming up. I think one is going to be announced next week.” It seems that Colfer was a little off the mark as this morning Screen Daily announced Colfer was “attached to lead the cast” in the Coward movie, currently titled Noël.

The film will cover the early life and influences of the playwright, actor and producer who was well known for his flamboyance, his sharp wit and sense of style. Sounds awfully perfect for Colfer, who posted the following picture on Instagram shortly after the announcement, captioned simply, “Noël”.

The film, written by Mrs Henderson Presents’ Martin Sherman, also has British movie royalty’s interest with Sir Ian McKellen, Vanessa Redgrave and Jonathan Pryce all in talks for the production. Joe Stephenson (Chicken) is slated to direct.
Noël Coward was born at the end of the 19th century in southwest London. He made his stage debut at eleven and quickly moved into high society, which provided fodder for his later works exemplified in his classics Private Lives, Blithe Spirit (which has recently had a revival run in London with Dame Angela Lansbury), Easy Virtue and Relative Values. A number of his plays have been adapted for the screen, often by Coward himself. His 1942 film, In Which We Serve, which he not only wrote but also starred in, produced and directed (sound like a certain Glee star?) was nominated for Best Picture and Best Original Screenplay at the 1943 Academy Awards. Though it lost out to Casablanca and Princess O’Rourke respectively, Coward received an Honorary
Award for “his outstanding production achievement”.

With his love for all things British, his quick, sharp wit and his ability to play larger than life characters, Colfer is an inspired choice for the project. However, I can imagine some outcry in the UK over an American yet again being cast as one of their national treasures. Whether Colfer can pull off the accent or not is yet to be seen, though with this potential cast and a film about one of my favourite 20th century playwrights, I am looking forward to hearing more about this project.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/14/2014, 10:11 am

See I don't think I can handle this....it's so much bigger than any of us expected. I love everything Noel Coward has done. I was one of those quirky high school kids who scoured the local main library stocks for anything Coward wrote and that wasn't easy in the late 90's when we didn't have internet.

He was considered charming, witty and funny, yet a big of a wise crack with a bit of an smell of sarcasm...remind someone???!!?? And besides Bennet he's one of the few male writers I really admire and secretly want to be able to write alike.

I have to take a breather...omg. Phuuu!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/14/2014, 10:22 am

valkeakuulas wrote:See I don't think I can handle this....it's so much bigger than any of us expected. I love everything Noel Coward has done. I was one of those quirky high school kids who scoured the local main library stocks for anything Coward wrote and that wasn't easy in the late 90's when we didn't have internet.

He was considered charming, witty and funny, yet a big of a wise crack with a bit of an smell of sarcasm...remind someone???!!?? And besides Bennet he's one of the few male writers I really admire and secretly want to be able to write alike.

I have to take a breather...omg. Phuuu!

Chris was keeping this secret for so long.

I wondered what the heck was going on when I saw one of my followers yelling Noel Coward in big bold letters, then it dawned on me before I saw the news article.

I was speechless for a full ten minutes.

This is his first motion picture.

I can't wait for set pics, as knowing Chris we will get plenty.  Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/14/2014, 10:40 am

I'm going to try to keep a tight rein on my *squee!* because I've been fangirling all over the place since I woke up this morning. But this has the potential to really launch Chris's career in a huge way. It is a huge statement about the respect that Chris has earned in the acting community outside of Glee that he is being offered a role like this. And to be working with actors like Lynn Redgrave and Sir. Ian McKellan is the kind of thing that young actors like Chris dream about. I couldn't be happier for Chris right now.

It also sheds a lot of light over why Chris wasn't at the upfronts and why there has been no talk about what may happen with Kurt in season 6. I have a feeling that at least at the begining of season 6 we will see little of Kurt (perhaps they will have him away working on a film or play) but I'm not at all upset. If Chris's role on Glee is going to be reduced for any reason, I'd much rather have it be for such an amazing project than Ryan Murphy having a bug up his ass about promoting his new favorite.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/14/2014, 10:49 am

Chris will be doing lots of research for the role, learning Noel's mannerisms, gestures, facial expressions. Plus, he will have a voice coach, so can do a proper British accent, and speak in the same manner as Noel as well.

He loves doing research so I think he will really enjoy himself.  neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next