Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x20 "The Untitled Rachel Berry Project" Watch & Discussion thread

+18
Georgette888
coxfire
Glorfindel
Kurt addict
Lottie2303
fantastica
ChrisColfersLightning
Buenos
Vir Cotto
bayth
brisallie
ColferInspired
Divalicious
M&M
TimF
Ranwing
ChrisColferFan1
tanita_mors
22 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x20 "The Untitled Rachel Berry Project" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%5x20 "The Untitled Rachel Berry Project" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x20 "The Untitled Rachel Berry Project" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%5x20 "The Untitled Rachel Berry Project" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x20 "The Untitled Rachel Berry Project" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap8%5x20 "The Untitled Rachel Berry Project" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
5x20 "The Untitled Rachel Berry Project" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap8%5x20 "The Untitled Rachel Berry Project" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
5x20 "The Untitled Rachel Berry Project" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap42%5x20 "The Untitled Rachel Berry Project" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 42% 
[ 5 ]
[ 1 ]
5x20 "The Untitled Rachel Berry Project" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap33%5x20 "The Untitled Rachel Berry Project" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 12

5x20 "The Untitled Rachel Berry Project" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 5x20 "The Untitled Rachel Berry Project" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie 5/18/2014, 3:19 pm

I agree with you Buenos. You know I believe if someone is a doormat or not while in a relationship, depens on the dynamic that couple have, and their personalities. Probably in the case of Klaine we have this tendency as Blaine is someone who's needy and whiny, and Kurt has reached a point he prefers to not complain and just having a peaceful relationship. But also as you said, Blaine is worth it? My answer is no.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

5x20 "The Untitled Rachel Berry Project" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 5x20 "The Untitled Rachel Berry Project" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ranwing 5/18/2014, 3:45 pm

From what we've seen of Blaine since... I would say going back to Big Brother, he is an extremely insecure and emotionally needy person when it comes to his relationships. He's very secure as a performer, but when it comes to how he deals with people, he really has a lot of issues. He needs to be liked and feel like he is first in someone's life and when the person that he wants to be close to has other priorities, he responds badly.

None of this is news to Kurt and he knows very well how to handle Blaine. He's at the point now where he's setting very clear boundaries in their relationship and he has been standing up for himself and his desires in the relationship. He's not allowing himself to be pushed into the weaker role any longer. He's making demands on those around him (not only Blaine) to be as supportive of him as he is of them. But when it comes to Blaine, he knows that he can't push Blaine too hard before Blaine cracks so once his initial anger has started to ease (and he had every right to be angry), he spoke calmly and rationally. He showed that he is going to support Blaine regardless of his own feelings about being rejected by June because he loves his fiancé and he wants the best for Blaine. And that puts Blaine in the position of needing to do the same in return. For the first time in forever, Blaine feels obligated to give back to Kurt as much as Kurt was giving him.

I'm never going to be happy with Klaine and Kurt deserves a lot better than this insecure man child who has to be guided into being the kind of partner that Kurt deserves. Bu this is the first time since season 4 began when I honestly think that Blaine is invested in being the kind of partner that Kurt deserves. And that Kurt will not stand or being overlooked or disregarded by anyone again.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/19/2014, 7:43 pm

I was on a cruise without internet access when the episode aired, so I didn't get to see it until the weekend. I'll say that I thought that the episode was complete and utter crap--really one of the worst they have ever done. The songs ranged from boring (I'm talking to you GITA) to bad (AOM and GOF). I didn't even like the Klaine duet (even though it featured Kurt heavily). That was a horrible song.

The whole thing with the writer for Rachel's pilot was annoying. I didn't like that character at all. Were they trying to make her be Lena Dunham? The whole plot was just dull. The reading of the script was bad bad. Not so bad it was good and funny, but so bad it was just bad.

The Sam storyline was just so pointless. I mean, having him achieve his dream of getting "his junk on the side of a bus" and then going back home? Just pointless.

I don't even remember what went on in Mercedes storyline. I just didn't care. And Brittany being in the episode was pointless once they wrote Santana out.

As for Klaine, well, even that was relatively pointless. I am so tired of Kurt being the one to have to resolve their issues after Blaine does something to hurt him. And Blaine never really faces consequences for those actions.

The song that Blaine and June sang at the showcase was better than POMH, but not that much better. There was no real charm or nothing that made me really care about it. It was just boring. Blaine bringing Kurt up to sing at the Showcase was probably some huge romantic gesture in the eyes of the K(B)lainers, but for me it was just too little too late coming from Blaine. Blaine should have fought more for Kurt before the event, or he should have been honest with Kurt about it.

The whole episode seemed rather pointless in the end. I mean, there was no cliffhanger. Nothing to make the viewers want to come back in the fall to see where the storylines will go.

It's already long gone from my DVR never to be viewed again.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 5/19/2014, 10:12 pm

I want to see Chris, but I don't want to see this episode, so still haven't watched it. Eventually I will just fast forward through it, but it will be the last I see of Chris til next year, other than pictures on the net at book signings and filmings. I find it hard to savor what sounds like a train wreck, but it is all we have right now.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/20/2014, 12:29 am

I have not seen the episode ,and doubt very much if I ever will.Just base on comments on this thread.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/20/2014, 12:50 am

Comments are better than the episode, so there's no need to watch. I didn't either. There are much better shows to spend the hour on.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/20/2014, 2:48 am

fantastica wrote:Comments are better than the episode, so there's no need to watch. I didn't either. There are much better shows to spend the hour on.

Very true.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/20/2014, 8:59 am

I wonder if they got the rubber band on wrist thing for Sam from TLoS?  Or is it a more common 'cure' for sleep, boredom and/or arousal in the US?  saispa 
Hi Karen, welcome back.  koukou 
Jellyrolls wrote:The Sam storyline was just so pointless.  I mean, having him achieve his dream of getting "his junk on the side of a bus" and then going back home?  Just pointless.
And Lima isn't even his 'home': he only moved there when he was a sophomore, moved away again for half a year, and as far as we know his family still lives in another state now.
Sam spent only 2 1/2 years of his 19 year old life in Lima, and for 1 1/2 of those years he lived with the Hudmels.
Oh Glee.  beam 

As for Klaine, well, even that was relatively pointless.  I am so tired of Kurt being the one to have to resolve their issues after Blaine does something to hurt him. And Blaine never really faces consequences for those actions.

The song that Blaine and June sang at the showcase was better than POMH, but not that much better. There was no real charm or nothing that made me really care about it. It was just boring.  Blaine bringing Kurt up to sing at the Showcase was probably some huge romantic gesture in the eyes of the K(B)lainers, but for me it was just too little too late coming from Blaine. Blaine should have fought more for Kurt before the event, or he should have been honest with Kurt about it.
At least they didn't 'solve' the whole issue simply by Blaine asking Kurt to sing with him on the spot at the showcase itself, and then Kurt would magically forgive and forgot everything.
That's something, I guess. I would have vomited if Blaine had gotten away with his usual crap that easily, again.  vomit2

I also hate that it's once again Kurt who has to go to Blaine to start an honest talk, equally as I hate how Blaine only admits to the crap he pulls when he's cornered and can't avoid it anymore, as he would slither in any direction needed to get away with his lie.
But at least Kurt didn't get an ugly surprise at the showcase itself (finding out he's not in it at the last minute), nor was he put on the spot to decide in a split second if he would forgive Blaine when he surprises him and asks him to sing with him. I always hate it when characters put others on the spot in public. *cough*Klaine proposal*cough

And Kurt got to tell June off, that's something too. This will be the 3rd time I'll use the phrase "at least" in this post, which indicates that there was not much to salvage in the first place  mince , but at least it was Kurt making most of the decisions, and he had a voice and agency.

So.....silver lining and all?  humhum 

But I agree that this whole episode was absolutely awful.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/29/2014, 3:36 pm

So sue me , but "American Boy" is one of my fave Kurt numbers this year. phr34r 

It kills me how Kurt's  trying to be "street cred" (his gangster face to start the song is epic) and both he and Blaine have a playful vibe going during this crazy out of place production.   Razz 

Yes you can judge me.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 5/29/2014, 4:19 pm

Buenos wrote:So sue me , but "American Boy" is one of my fave Kurt numbers this year. phr34r 

It kills me how Kurt's  trying to be "street cred" (his gangster face to start the song is epic) and both he and Blaine have a playful vibe going during this crazy out of place production.   Razz 

Yes you can judge me.

I won't judge you, I love it to, I've had it on repeat lol
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/29/2014, 4:28 pm

Buenos wrote:So sue me , but "American Boy" is one of my fave Kurt numbers this year. phr34r 

Yes you can judge me.

Girl I wont judge you, I liked that performance too. Love he tried to look like a 'gangsta' lol, nice try Kurt Smile yeah was joyful.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/29/2014, 4:34 pm

i will judge you so hard. bring it on!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/29/2014, 4:40 pm

fantastica wrote:i will judge you so hard. bring it on!

Razz  Razz  Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/29/2014, 4:46 pm

I like how when they start singing 'American Boy' Kurt goes from his awkward-because-suddenly-being-pulled-on-stage-apologetic-smile (including his/Chris' typial nervous hands on his upper legs movement) to bad ass OTT gangsta face in a split second.  Razz 

Great physical comedy from Chris.  hapitgh 

And those hand- and  hipmoves when he's singing in front of his friends at the table......  ded
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/29/2014, 4:58 pm

@Marie, what about that moment he's on the piano moving his hips? . I love his gestures were related to the song, like when he said " but I like what's underneath them" and pointed that 'zone'. I was like 'oh boy' haha.

And Chris is the master of faces Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/29/2014, 5:26 pm

^Kurt on top of a piano is my OTP.  fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/29/2014, 5:29 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Kurt on top of a piano is my OTP.  fanny2

Perverted thoughts get off of my head; I imagine Chris doing a performance on the piano in your house.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 5/31/2014, 5:43 am

brisallie wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:^Kurt on top of a piano is my OTP.  fanny2

Perverted thoughts get off of my head; I imagine Chris doing a performance on the piano in your house.

Razz Haha hope that really happens, but you'll have to tell us every single detail.  And record it and post the video. phr34r 
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/31/2014, 8:21 pm

^Believe me: if that were to really happen, the video would go viral on youtube within an hour.  sifflou
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6